Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? (4065 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Atheist Just Hope "Hell,heaven, God Doesnt Exist" / Are You Commanding Your Mornings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by alexleo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

So who gets to decide which interpretation is correct?

What else do you need to interprete in a biblical statement that is clear?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
alexleo:

Who is your enemy pls? Human beings or devil or both?
Both
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Weah96: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
alexleo:

What else do you need to interprete in a biblical statement that is clear?

So are you calling Frosbel a liar or a fool? I mean if it's that clear, why does he disagree with you on so many scriptures?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by alexleo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

So are you calling Frosbel a liar or a fool? I mean if it's that clear, why does he disagree with you on so many scriptures?

It seems you didn't understand me. Read that bible portion he posted and tell me how those simple sentences are difficult for you to understand. Are they written in french language?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by alexleo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Both

Bro we are told in the scriptures to love our neighbours as ourselves. Even when you think you have enemies, we are instructed to pray for our enemies. It didn't say pray against them. It also said we should bless them that persecute us. No room for the prayer of bitterness that we see among brethren in these instructions. Is it not better you pray that a wicked person repents than praying for fire to consume him?

1 Like

Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Both

My brother, if God answers all your 'fire' prayers and my 'fire' prayers, who will be left alive?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
alexleo:

Bro we are told in the scriptures to love our neighbours as ourselves. Even when you think you have enemies, we are instructed to pray for our enemies. It didn't say pray against them. It also said we should bless them that persecute us. No room for the prayer of bitterness that we see among brethren in these instructions. Is it not better you pray that a wicked person repents than praying for fire to consume him?
Enemies here are physical not Spiritual. Satan is an enemy will u pray dat Satan repent?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Enemies here are physical not Spiritual. Satan is an enemy will u pray dat Satan repent?
Thought you said humans are enemies too.

Even Jesus did not try to kill the devil, He resisted the devil with His knowledge of Gods word and the devil resist. Do you think the battle is between you and the devil?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Weah96: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
alexleo:

It seems you didn't understand me. Read that bible portion he posted and tell me how those simple sentences are difficult for you to understand. Are they written in french language?

LOL, so my question stands. What do you think his problem is? He clearly disagrees with you.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:
Thought you said humans are enemies too.

Even Jesus did not try to kill the devil, He resisted the devil with His knowledge of Gods word and the devil resist. Do you think the battle is between you and the devil?
Think?? Dats far. I Know nd affirm Satan is an enemy. The accuser of the brethens. When u pray d Spirit himself do the necessary nd destroy evil spirit.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Weah96: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother, if God answers all your 'fire' prayers and my 'fire' prayers, who will be left alive?

Why is that unreasonable? In the bible, he flooded the entire planet, killing all living things except Noah and his family.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

The Fire prayers is destroying d Spirit controlling ur enemy nd nt ur enemy hmself.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: The Fire prayers is destroying d Spirit controlling ur enemy nd nt ur enemy hmself.

Where did you get that from?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

Why is that unreasonable? In the bible, he flooded the entire planet, killing all living things except Noah and his family.

The bible isn't a story book, there are dispensations and times. Everything that was done in the old is a physical reflection of what is happening today.

Noah and his family were saved by God's grace like every Christian will also get saved by Grace today. The rest will face God's wrath just as it happened in the days of Noah.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by alexleo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

LOL, so my question stands. What do you think his problem is? He clearly disagrees with you.

I answered this in one of my posts here. Kindly go through again. I don't need to keep repeating myself.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Think?? Dats far. I Know nd affirm Satan is an enemy. The accuser of the brethens. When u pray d Spirit himself do the necessary nd destroy evil spirit.

Did Jesus teach you to pray this way?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by alexleo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Enemies here are physical not Spiritual. Satan is an enemy will u pray dat Satan repent?

But you said - both. Thats why i gave that reply.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Weah96: 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

The bible isn't a story book, there are dispensations and times. Everything that was done in the old is a physical reflection of what is happening today.

Noah and his family were saved by God's grace like every Christian will also get saved by Grace today. The rest will face God's wrath just as it happened in the days of Noah.

You mean God is going to save only a handful of people again?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Weah96:

You mean God is going to save only a handful of people again?

Sure...

It's a narrow way, only a remnant will find the way.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
alexleo:

But you said - both. Thats why i gave that reply.
Talking of d Spirit realm nt physical
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Did Jesus teach you to pray this way?
He taught me in the Lord Prayer "Let thy will be done" Its will dat Agent of darkness r destroyed. I'm talking in Spiritual enviroment
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: He taught me in the Lord Prayer "Let thy will be done" Its will dat Agent of darkness r destroyed. I'm talking in Spiritual enviroment

He says 'God's will be done', what correlation has that got with praying against what you call devil?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

So God will perhaps save 1 million and burn 7 billion in hell forever to your joy and happiness, lol grin. Your Theology miss road.

Anyway, I need answers to my questions.

Thanks.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel:

So God will perhaps save 1 million and burn 7 billion in hell forever to your joy and happiness, lol grin. Your Theology miss road.

Thanks.

What is my own in all of this? I have explained what happened in scripture, you are coming to rant based on emotions.

How many did he save in the days of Noah?

1 Like

Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by twosquare(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

What is my own in all of this? I have explained what happened in scripture, you are coming to rant based on emotions.

How many did he save in the days of Noah?
you better leave him. Frosbel ti isẹ o ye.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by twosquare(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel:

Thanks.
Rev 22:11-12.
Rev.21:8.
Matthew 13:49.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by shdemidemi(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel: "

- Was it God that made the fire to come down from heaven at Elijah's beckoning

Yes it was God

frosbel: [color=#000099]"
- Why did Jesus reveal a different person of God who actually does not want to send down fire from heaven to destroy people

He didn't come to the world for that.

frosbel: [
- Jesus made the statement [color=#990000]"...the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them!" , does this not mean that a lot of violence we attribute to God may not have been his will or even ordered by him.

Ofcourse it's the same God/Jesus of old who came to save the world at the appropriate time.

frosbel: [

-Why do many churches today call down fire from heaven in contrast to the command of Jesus.

Because they are ignorant of where they stand in Christ today.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: Rev 22:11-12.
Rev.21:8.
Matthew 13:49.

don't throw scripture at me, I dare say I know the bible more than you.

Just answer the question.

Do you think only you and your chosen few will make the so called heaven while 99% of humanity burn forever ? Is this your motivating factor ?
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by twosquare(m): 11:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
frosbel:

don't throw scripture at me, I dare say I know the bible more than you.

Just answer the question.

Do you think only you and your chosen few will make the so called heaven while 99% of humanity burn forever ? Is this your motivating factor ?
who is throwing scriptures@you....read those verses and it will help you.
How sure are you?You may know the letters but not the Spirit.
NOTE: God has commanded,let all fools be wise.
grin
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: who is throwing scriptures@you....read those verses and it will help you.
How sure are you?You may know the letters but not the Spirit.
NOTE: God has commanded,let all fools be wise.
grin

I need no help from brain washed religious fanatics, I always go to God directly.

Now, how can you convert anyone to Christ when your understanding of these truths is so limited, how can you educate the lost if they ask you these sort of questions ? Will you throw scripture at them too!

1 Like

Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by twosquare(m): 12:01am On Aug 01, 2014
frosbel:

I need no help from brain washed religious fanatics, I always go to God directly.

Now, how can you convert anyone to Christ when your understanding of these truths is so limited, how can you educate the lost if they ask you these sort of questions ? Will you throw scripture at them too!

will you believe me,if i tell you the truth? Sorry,i don't do religion.
Re: Commanding Fire Down From Heaven - God's Will Or Not ? by Olusanya333(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

He says 'God's will be done', what correlation has that got with praying against what you call devil?
Pray that u attain such a Spiritual glory nd stop deceiving urself. Don't just hold d form of Religion nd deny the Power of it. Our weapon is nt carnal but strong and mighty in pulling down the Stronghold of d enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXPOSED: RCCG Pastor Caught Naked In Attempt To Sleep With Married Woman(video) / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor / Is There Any Spirituality Associated With First Rain Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.