Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy (5118 Views)

Prons And Cons Of Marrying A Girl From Richer Home / Prons And Cons Of Marrying A Working Class Lady ? / The Pro And Cons Of Having A Big Bottom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by lalasticlala(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
A sugar daddy is a rich older man who offers professional and financial support to young female protégé in exchange of companionship and usually sexual favors. Even though being rich and successful attracts a number of young women eager for a relationship of mutual convenience, being sugar daddy requires one to maintain a fine balance between expectations and obligations.

Here are a few pros and cons that come with taking on the role of a sugar daddy.

Advantages of Being a Sugar Daddy

No-strings relationship.
The best part of being a sugar daddy is that you are not expected to fulfill the obligations of a long-term relationship. Sugar babies know from the start this is relationship is based on mutual convenience – she gets the goodies as long as she makes her sugar daddy happy. He does not to have to shoulder the responsibilities that come with a committed relationship and this makes the relationship an attractive proposition for many older, richer men most of whom may have been long-married and may even have grown-up children.

Less time-consuming.

Sugar daddies are usually men who have achieved a significant measure of success in their field of work. This means that men who run companies or look after business empires do not have the leisure to nurture and care for a relationship that younger men might do. As a result being a sugar daddy suits these busy men since it is a relationship where the partners already understand the give and take and no time need be spent on beating about the bush.

It looks good.

A sugar daddy can flaunt their attractive companions openly and publicly. Moreover it feels good to be seen with a young, gorgeous woman who idolizes you and also know that other men envy your good fortune.

It is an ego-booster

Men who take on sugar babies are usually at an age when they need to be reassured that their masculinity and virile charm has not diminished. Having young and good-looking female companions is a good way to regain fast-eroding confidence in one’s sexual ability. As an alpha male, you can prove to the world that you still have what it takes to attract young women. The boost to one’s self-esteem is one of the biggest perks of being a sugar daddy.

It is a good trade-off

Women dating younger men generally find that their partners have the looks but don’t have the resources to have a good time. Very often the young men also turn out to be cocky, brash and over-confident of their sexual attractiveness. As such older, richer men who treat their younger female companions well, both financially and personally emerge as a better bet. Women find that the older men may not have the looks but have the money and what’s more they are sometimes more gentlemanly than their younger counterparts.

THE PITFALLS OF BEING A SUGAR DADDY

Appealing though it may seem, the role of a sugar daddy is not without its pitfalls.

The biggest disadvantage of being a sugar daddy is the expense. Young women are not going to desire an older man’s company unless he has really deep pockets. A rich male patron is not only expected to wine and dine his companion at the most expensive of places but is also expected to indulge her frequently. This may be in the manner of clothes, jewelry or vacations.
Finally if a young woman has her priorities fixed, she may also expect her sugar daddy to sponsor her education or provide her with better work opportunities.

Lack of real love

It is very unlikely that a young woman of twenty will truly fall in love with a sixty-year old man, no matter how considerate and indulgent he is towards her. This is not to say that such instances do not happen but that a genuine love relationship becomes increasingly unlikely as the age difference between the two partners widens. A sugar daddy might be respected, pampered and even cared for by his youngcompanion, but it is unlikely that she will be in love with him for keeps.

Not a relationship of equals

Sugar daddy dating is a good bargain for women who are young and attractive and expect to be indulged in a relationship. However her rich and successful partner is more likely to have the upper hand in the equation. He’s very wealthy, is respected in society and likely to be married too – in other words he has all the counters of a successful life. As such a woman may find that her sugar daddy setting most of the terms in the relationship. Moreover such men are usually in short supply and she may have to keep competition from other women at bay. In the end all these make for an unequal relationship where the lack of balance may topple it at any time.

Social consequences

Even though contemporary society is far more open to rich, older men having young and attractive female companions, such relationships may not be approved in certain sections of social life. If a person intends to run for a political office or aspires to leadership roles in society, having a current or even a past sugar baby may harm his chances. Moreover, pressure may be plied on the man to get rid of his sugar baby if his wife belongs to an influential family or if his children are in important social positions.
In a predominantly materialist and patriarchal society, a sugar daddy is usually a much sought after role. However, like any other relationship, the one between a rich, older male patron and his younger, attractive female protégé comes with its own perks and pitfalls. So it is wiser not to take up this role unless a person is fully aware of what he is getting into.

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by bustyhelen(f): 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Having a sugar Daddy could b tempting due to d special packages that come with it.
But these days, sugar daddies are evil, most of them take women's womb without d lady knowing. They engage in occultic act even as they provide d lady with most of her demands.
But d consequences could b fatal or very bitter.

I don't do Sugar Daddies.

I want able bodied viral young guy that is hottt.

money isnt everything

2 Likes

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by maxism2: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
My Uncle was a Sugar Daddy to so many women and young ladies.

he was a sugar daddy to married women, young ladies, undergraduates, teenagers.

They flocked around him then because there was money.

but when his money finished, they all ran away.

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bustyhelen,u beat me to FTC,maxism thats d 3rd time u speak of ur uncle! Well Ladies where art thou.(opens gates bigger that those of the chinese empire) lets hear u,space dey!
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by maxism2: 12:06am On Jul 30, 2014
daveP: Bustyhelen,u beat me to FTC,maxism thats d 3rd time u speak of ur uncle! Well Ladies where art thou.(opens gates bigger that those of the chinese empire) lets hear u,space dey!

yes o.

the one that vexed me most was that he was banging married women. so many of them, not one , not two, many married women.

he even impregnated one married woman.

d woman gave birth to a son who was a carbon copy of him.
d shameless married woman named d son after my uncle.
today money finished, d woman has turned to a beggar.

reaping what she sowed.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 12:23am On Jul 30, 2014
maxism2:

yes o.

the one that vexed me most was that he was banging married women. so many of them, not one , not two, many married women.

he even impregnated one married woman.

d woman gave birth to a son who was a carbon copy of him.
d shameless married woman named d son after my uncle.
today money finished, d woman has turned to a beggar.

reaping what she sowed.

hmm,Life!! Wait u neva check my story.click ma siggy en enjoy. Thanks
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2014
bustyhelen: Having a sugar Daddy could b tempting due to d special packages that come with it.
But these days, sugar daddies are evil, most of them take women's womb without d lady knowing. They engage in occultic act even as they provide d lady with most of her demands.

money isnt everything
Girl am already in love with you
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Odunharry(m): 1:00am On Jul 30, 2014
no time

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 30, 2014
All those babes with sugar daddies ends up marrying better dudes.
Where the hell is KARMA??
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Truckpusher(m): 1:32am On Jul 30, 2014
bustyhelen: Having a sugar Daddy could b tempting due to d special packages that come with it.

money isnt everything
It is easier said than done,wait until you find yourself in a situation where a sugar daddy is your last line of defence I'm sure your music will change.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Truckpusher(m): 1:39am On Jul 30, 2014
maxism2: My Uncle was a Sugar Daddy to so many women and young ladies.

he was a sugar daddy to married women, young ladies, undergraduates, teenagers.

They flocked around him then because there was money.

but when his money finished, they all ran away.
Your uncle was just a local champion ,just like the case of the proverbial rat that contested with the lizard in a swimming competition without weighing the consequences. grin

Real sugar daddies don't go broke ,they die rich.

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Truckpusher(m): 1:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Enypie: All those babes with sugar daddies ends up marrying better dudes.

Go back and check out that marriage after five years then come back here and change your story.

Karma will always be a Biitch angry

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 30, 2014
Truckpusher: Go back and check out that marriage after five years then come back here and change your story.

Karma will always be a Biitch angry
Lolz.
What/Who are you angry at?
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by englishmart(m): 5:40am On Jul 30, 2014

money isnt everything
just like me abi?
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by englishmart(m): 5:40am On Jul 30, 2014
When I get old, I will come back to read this afresh
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daryoor(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2014
all those campus babes way friend zone me, i will revenge on your daughters smiley

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by edoyad(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2014

What I suspect , though I'm not a sociologist , is that young women who have had sugar daddies are experienced and wise in the ways of stroking a guys ego. After being treated like commodoities by sugar daddies in return for their devotion, they're already good at playing that role. This is against a young woman who is expecting to be treated like a princess by her suitors.

1 Like

Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 30, 2014
edoyad:

What I suspect , though I'm not a sociologist , is that young women who have had sugar daddies are experienced and wise in the ways of stroking a guys ego. After being treated like commodoities by sugar daddies in return for their devotion, they're already good at playing that role. This is against a young woman who is expecting to be treated like a princess by her suitors.
Wow! you hit the poker right in the eye.
That explains their peace marriages after the wayward days.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by diksucker(f): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2014
I have a sugar Daddy
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2014
edoyad:

Wow! you hit the poker right in the eye.
That explains their peace marriages after the wayward days.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2014

i will readily disagree with you ( a jury stands by to view proceedings) i think not so Enypie!!
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
daveP: i will readily disagree with you ( a jury stands by to view proceedings) i think not so Enypie!!
daveP, most of this ladies are still doing well, Coz they've Invested alot from the dirty business.
Such Is Life.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Enypie:
daveP, most of this ladies are still doing well, Coz they've Invested alot from the dirty business.
Such Is Life.
well doing FINANCIALLY WELL isnt the same as doing quite well once married. The problem of having to measure ur partner by the level sugar daddies have dropped may be a big problem.she may nt say it,but inwardly, he isnt as 'stable as mr okon, or he isnt satisfying as pa godfrey' etc.this tends to wound a relationship.i dont doubt the financial aspect, but consider the other aspect as well. Besides dont erm.... Dont tell me you will readily get one if opportunity demands! grin wink
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
daveP: well doing FINANCIALLY WELL isnt the same as doing quite well once married. The problem of having to measure ur partner by the level sugar daddies have dropped may be a big problem.she may nt say it,but inwardly, he isnt as 'stable as mr okon, or he isnt satisfying as pa godfrey' etc.this tends to wound a relationship.i dont doubt the financial aspect, but consider the other aspect as well. Besides dont erm.... Dont tell me you will readily get one if opportunity demands! grin wink
Not my tingy, i would've done so a very long tym ago if i wanted to.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Enypie:
Not my tingy, i would've done so a very long tym ago if i wanted to.
luckily u didnt! smiley its a regretable actions cos its all based on cash making.its just dat if its a vice versa situo( sugar mummies),its more on satisfaction than d cash.
Where was that in@ ur dp? :p
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
daveP: luckily u didnt! smiley its a regretable actions cos its all based on cash making.its just dat if its a vice versa situo( sugar mummies),its more on satisfaction than d cash.
Where was that in@ ur dp? :p
@my house.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Enypie:
@my house.
okay.nice meeting you.hope ur day was cool?
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2014
daveP: okay.nice meeting you.hope ur day was cool?
Same here.
Twas gr8.
Tnx.
Re: The Prons And Cons Of Being A Sugar Daddy by daveP(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2014
Enypie:
Same here.
Twas gr8.
Tnx.
cheesy good A.m !

(1) (Reply)

UREGENT: Romance Email Issue.. / 18 !!! Which Two Nl Girls Do U Think Will Fight Like Dis---- / Help! My Babe Have Not Seen Her Period.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.