Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece (30532 Views)

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigeria Railway Takes Delivery Of Five 68-Seater Coaches: Pic / Ibb's Crib In Minna Is An Architectural Masterpiece! (or so I tot): See Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by zemaye: 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chai see train o!
Our kekere mm2 na
shite for this one side o
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by jimtosam: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
308km/Hr..

If we have this in Nigeria;

Lagos - Ibadan: 12mins
Lagos - Abuja: 1hr 40mins
Lagos - Abeokuta: 10mins.
Lagos - My Hometown (Ogbomoso): 50mins

That is, I can be working in Lagos and live in my hometown. Still eat my fresh fruits, live in less noisy neighborhood, maintain great connections with family members and still enjoy my executive job in Lagos.

So, why would people be suffering/struggling to live in Lagos? God give us leaders that can think.

9 Likes

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by chukxie(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
aminho:
Zhe hen hao wo shì yi ming xuesheng zai maoming

Hao de. Maoming hao bu hao wan? Yi ge pengyou shut maoming nu hai feichang xi huan waigguo ren. Shi ma?
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Emma8043(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
chukxie:

Where are you located and which pp do you use. Make we flow pidgin make oyibo no dey code .
Hello bro am with MALI pp and wil soon enter china hope with the pp i can renew my v? Ur help wil go a long way to me thnx
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by zemaye: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
jimtosam: 308km/Hr..

That is, I can be working in Lagos and live in my hometown. Still eat my fresh fruits, live in less noisy neighborhood, maintain great connections with family members and still enjoy my executive job in Lagos.

So, why would people be suffering/struggling to live Lagos? God give us leaders that can think.
Men this calculations ,make sense o. We will get there
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by nadico(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2014

So, why would people be suffering/struggling to live Lagos? God give us leaders that can think.
. Guy u just said it all

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by uzoexcel(m): 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
I agree with u just a little...but i m nt exempting the president....In the first place why does one become the president? it shouldnt be for sentimental reasons...If someone says he wants to be the president of a country, that means he must have known the problems affecting the citizenry and then already developed plans on how to tackle these issues when he enters the seat. You dont become president because people say ' u should be president'. ...It should be a zeal..ditto for all our leaders in the senate and reps...Ffs, i wish u would watch debates in the house of parliament/commons and u see the way both majority and minority members pull out all stops intelligently to resolve matters affecting the british citizens...there is no room for 'mediocreness' in leading most developed countries as u would be found out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DctIFZY_T_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsmUbAOatSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMdsOqGASRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsAa9VmwOaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKKPwEX_ac

[b]If i was told to come out for the post of the presidency, i would go through the nooks and crannies of this country to note the problem every zone is facing. I would make plans on how to curtail corruption and plugging gaps in the treasury to eliminate money leakage. I would make corruption to become a serious crime so if you caught u would face a firing squad or be placed in a zoo where you can be studied and research made on how corrupt officials function and live smiley.I would make sure i have plans on ending ASUU strike for life. I would also take note of well meaning Nigerians performing well in their various fields who i know would be above corruption so as to give the guys leading roles when i become president. I would study the border situation of the country and develop plans on making sure we have well secure borders. I would make plans on how to reorientate the mentality of the police and maybe the army on their roles in Nigeria and emphasize to them on the need to be above corruption. I would also place the police/army officers on attractive wages so as for them not to be tempted or susceptible to things like bribes. I would build them new quarters and make rules that any armed officer/police who dies in line of duty, his family and children will be taken care of by the government. i would make plans to Recruit graduates with highly advanced skills in courses like forensic sciences, artificial intelligence, psychology etc (those of us who watch the 24 series know what i m on about) as this is quite essential in tackling the new world of criminality/terrorism. I would develop plans on sending police officers for training in countries like Israel and co. I would make the job of a policeman/army to be a thing of joy and pride and not a job for the dregs of the society. I would also make the police force and armed forces independent. I would review scholarship schemes, by first looking at areas where naija is lacking in knowledge gap and then institute scholarship schemes so that the scholars upon finishing their programmes will have a place in government where whatever knowledge they garner abroad will be used and then plouged back into the country and aid in the development of this country. I have seen nigerian scholars who go out of naija on government scholarships and come back and then having to jobhunt from scratch. What then is the aim of the scholarship scheme in the first place? Basically and in summary i would develop plans on how to move this Nation forward in all ramifications and realize her potentials. WHAT THE FUCKKK IS SO HARD IN THAT And pls stop saying that naija may not have the money for all this. The US space mission to MARS cost 2.5billiondollars..Naija lost 20billion dollars and nothing happned.kai lipsrsealed [/b]

manutdadex: if u think Jonah is d problem of dis country u are mistaken, apart frm u and i dat complains alot like our life depends on it, its our previous leaders, u expect d guy to perform magic overnite? Past HOS, governors, even LG chairmen av failed dis country, wat did dey do for dis country, dey created and left so many problem for dis present generation. Government shud b talkin abt buildin roads within towns nt major highways, we shouldnt be talkin abt strikes if these men has done half of wat u re expectin jona to do. I pity jonah(though his no saint) because we expect him to fix all d problems of dis country within 4 yrs wen our so called legends cannot fix these problems since 1960.

2 Likes

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by iniobong888(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hi chukxie, I am trying to spot an opportunity in the meal you took, the steam rice was it like instant rice or like french fries that takes 5min or 10min to be ready or was it normal mircowave rice?
Secondly marinated pork do u have anyidea if it was package before it was served because I know d technology behind marinated fish I am lost with pork? Thanks
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by toprealman: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Anything made in China is not really for me but I respect those guys for their industry.
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
uzoexcel:

Bros, u can write epistle o... shocked

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by uzoexcel(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lol....na just annoyance jare..when person dey read some kain bad news wey dey commot 4 naija, shame go just dey catch am
[quote author=olubukato][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
uzoexcel: Lol....na just annoyance jare..when person dey read some kain bad news wey dey commot 4 naija, shame go just dey catch am

I dey feel u joo..
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by aminho(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
chukxie:

Hao de. Maoming hao bu hao wan? Yi ge pengyou shut maoming nu hai feichang xi huan waigguo ren. Shi ma?
maoming haode.. ni de pengyou shi ya laoshi ma?maoming nu hai feichang Meilì
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by chukxie(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
aminho: maoming haode.. ni de pengyou shi ya laoshi ma?maoming nu hai feichang Meilì

Shi de! Ta ye shi laoshi. Women duo shi laoshi.
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by chukxie(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
iniobong888: Hi chukxie, I am trying to spot an opportunity in the meal you took, the steam rice was it like instant rice or like french fries that takes 5min or 10min to be ready or was it normal mircowave rice?
Secondly marinated pork do u have anyidea if it was package before it was served because I know d technology behind marinated fish I am lost with pork? Thanks

The rice is usually steamed inside a silver coloured square shaped industrial pressure cooker. They use special bowls in the process so the rice don't get very moist when done. As for the marinated pork, i think I should ask a Chinese friend. Are you a chef?
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by tdayof(m): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
chukxie:

Hahaha! Man dey try small small. The summer heat dey every where. Na AC every day. Bill dey go up. shocked
what's yr we chat Id ?
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by akigbemaru: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chinese are trying with the development.
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Ela59: 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
How long are we going to wait for this transformation? This alone is capable to employ thousands of youth roaming about the streets without jobs. When plant that is powering this station is capable to power Ebonyi state. With all these visionless leaders TRANSFORMATION is just a mirage.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by otokx(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
ba7man: Abeg, where are the local champions that were hailing Stella Oduah's "Airport transformation".

See Train Station.....what would the Airports now look like?

When we said there are no airports in Nigeria, most people were confused, just travel and see then understanding will overtake you.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ela59: How long are we going to wait for this transformation? This alone is capable to employ thousands of youth roaming about the streets without jobs. When plant that is powering this station is capable to power Ebonyi state. With all these visionless leaders TRANSFORMATION is just a mirage.

"Transformation is now another name for "corruption" in Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by otokx(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2014

So, why would people be suffering/struggling to live in Lagos? God give us leaders that can think.

Majority of the followers are more interested in stomach infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
The train station looks better than Nigerian airport. There is something wrong with us when it comes to development. I can't seem to find a way to convince our corrupt and idiotic leaders on what to do because they will never listen and learn. They just seat there providing derelict-looking projects. Jeez! It is very annoying!
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by jteku(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
if na naija, na dirty sack with dry fish, palm oil, groundnut etc na him people go take spoil the station........somebody go live kano come lagos to buy fish>>naija u guys are jst so dirty..especially yoruba, hausa and ibra

2 Likes

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Wahala90: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
[size=13pt]Just wondering! Don't they have religion in China? Why no bombings but developments? angry[/size]
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Ela59: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
ooshinibos: chinese are good copiers ..the stations and trains are similar to the German High speed trains, the chinese came to German and europe , they have managed to copy everything they saw and learned but we Nigerians are good in just taking pictures and walking arrogantly over the place ...We Nigerians are good copier of evil practice and fashions and taking pictures of world wonders ..we never learn the good things of the world or even try to copy . a disgrace to the black race !!!!!
Chinese were there with the support and trust from their WELL ORGANIZED leaders free from corruption and soppy ideas. Don't blame them they are their to( Learn) chinese also took pictures before transformation takes places.
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014

You are a good thinker. I like your reasoning ability, dude. I wish we have much people like you in the government.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Ela59: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
jteku: if na naija, na dirty sack with dry fish, palm oil, groundnut etc na him people go take spoil the station........somebody go live kano come lagos to buy fish>>naija u guys are jst so dirty..especially yoruba, hausa and ibra
Why can't you think beyond your limit? Aba is the most dirties place i ever been. So, Nigerians are dirty, because of poor waste management. Kalas.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by Ela59: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
all4naija:
You are a good thinker. I like your reasoning ability, dude. I wish we have much people like you in the government.
The top seats are spacecious for great poeple, if we can only convert our ideas to reality. Step-Out Nigeria need those can serve with passion.
Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by ooshinibos: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ela59: Chinese were there with the support and trust from their WELL ORGANIZED leaders free from corruption and soppy ideas. Don't blame them they are their to( Learn) chinese also took pictures before transformation takes places.

not really , chinese are more corrupt than Nigerians but they punished the corrupt officials ,some are even killed off to deter others , for example , the CEO that was in charge of the tainted of fake milk was excecuted ..corruption is not the issue , its the culture of evil and selfishness in Nigeria that is the problem , for example in the civilised there is corruption but its not seen because the corruption officials in these countries manage to provide a service that has been contracted to them , for instance , if a contract is worth 40 million , they will inflate the price to 50 million and the difference is pocketed and the rest of the contract money is used to execute the contract but in Nigeria everything will be licked up , both the actual fee and the inflated fees ..and there is no accountability both for the leaders and citizens ,its your culture that is killing you ...i still wonder how you Nigerians managed to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by IGBOSON1: 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
okparaugo:

Blood of Jesus.

308Km. Half that speed is not safe for a car on Nigerian roads..

^^^Not so sure about that kinda speed in Nigeria! What with all the vandals, boko lunatics and bitter economic saboteurs that abound and could blow up part of the track at short notice! You'd have your heart in your mouth while gripping the seats armrest for the entire duration of the trip! sad

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by ba7man(m): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
otokx:

When we said there are no airports in Nigeria, most people were confused, just travel and see then understanding will overtake you.
A lot of Nigerians need to shake off the shackles of ignorance for there to be progress in this country.

1 Like

Re: Guangzhou Nan (south) Railway Station: An Architectural Masterpiece by IGBOSON1: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Double post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Hilarious Tweets On #mylagosexperiences / Wazobia Fm Onitsha Begins Xtmas Traffic Control At Headbridge Onitsha: PICTURES / Man Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridge In Awka Crushed By Vehicle. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.