Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries (17783 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Akshow: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Make them sell for Nigeria fess. Innopikin motor wey de unknown in Naija. Mtcheeeeew. Next puhleeez
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by sexzskil(f): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wake me up when Nigeria starts truelly producing Keke Napep!

Innoson motors ko cars Innosin ni, mtcheeeewww!
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by alorauzoms(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
typical naija mentality - we never crawl we wan run

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by zurine(f): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by elobyobi: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: No that's not how Toyota started. Toyota started by designing and manufacturing their own car....the Toyota AA in the year 1935. Innoson does not design their own vehicles. They assemble the cars from designs and parts sourced from China etc. Don't get me wrong, they (Innoson motors) are doing a remarkable job but to make a statement that Toyota also started that way is not factually correct.

Dream On
InnOson makes 60 percent of his parts. Its not an assembly but the First indigenoous black car plant. It was commissiOned that way. Only low lifers bring this assembly talk into ivm. The peOple that mattered attended the inauguration and they Didn't dispute the manufacturing status. U can watch a you tube of his nnewi car plant. Assemblies were fOr peugeot , nissan and cO

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by khrisponty(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
How I'd love to be the chief PR officer for innosson motors. There's a lot of branding and awareness work to be done. Its easy to win the hearts of the Nigerian consumer... The average Nigerian consumer is price loyal and not brand loyal...

" Marketing is a battle of perception and not products". Spend some strategic money Mr. Chairman Innosson group, get a good creative team around your company and watch your numbers go up. This is good news.

I love Nigerian products.

#StandUpNigeria
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by IGBOSON1: 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
expert101: [size=28pt]Wow! I can't believe it. A Nigerian private company can build and soon start exporting cars.

Why is it that Government stuff don't work?E.g Railway, Airline, Refineries and Power Holding[/size]

^^^Because the peeps running these organisations came in with the mind-set of 'na my own piece of national cake be dis.....i must ensure i steal enough for me, my children, and generations unborn'! They never have any noble, altruistic objectives when either buying these companies, or accepting directorship appointments to run them! Think of any national corporation (be it Nigeria Airways, NEPA, NNPC, Railways, NITEL, etc)......they all suffered at the hands of these fat greedy mofos!
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Erotex(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
It's the Biafra war that makes us great!!
Ndi Igbo never regret

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by ril19(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: No that's not how Toyota started. Toyota started by designing and manufacturing their own car....the Toyota AA in the year 1935. [s]Innoson does not design their own vehicles. [/s]They assemble the cars from designs and parts sourced from China etc. Don't get me wrong, they (Innoson motors) are doing a remarkable job but to make a statement that Toyota also started that way is not factually correct.

No offence but you lied bro. Innoson is a fully staffed auto manufacturing company. (You may ask Google)
Please say not something you know nothing about next time.. thank you.[/color]

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by sucre22(f): 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
9ice one
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Donkunxex(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
Aromas: GOODLUCK JONATHAN HAS DONE WOT OUR YORUBA MAN REFUSES TO DO FOR GOOD 8 YEARS. Sir, we are still on the train #dontbother2bringbackourgirls. They're now the suicide bomber
why are u calling jonathan here now?... shey na jonathan finance am ni..... stupid tribalist
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Ezemust: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
banega: We did it again dawg cheesy!!
dog kwa?
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Tex42(m): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
chimchim1: Is he really producing or buying and assembling them?
perhaps u did not see where he emphatically said they are locally made(made in Nnewi)

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by eaglechild: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
When it comes to indigenous innovation, these folks are unbeatable.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Ezemust: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: No that's not how Toyota started. Toyota started by designing and manufacturing their own car....the Toyota AA in the year 1935. Innoson does not design their own vehicles. They assemble the cars from designs and parts sourced from China etc. Don't get me wrong, they (Innoson motors) are doing a remarkable job but to make a statement that Toyota also started that way is not factually correct.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
ril19: No offence but you lied bro. Innoson is a fully staffed auto manufacturing company. (You may ask Google)
Please say not something you know nothing about next time.. thank you.[/color]
yes, 'google' will say the same thing ... their manufacturing operation is assembly.
You have a right to believe whatever you want . I know and state the facts without sentiments.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by manny4life(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
God bless his hustle, it ain't easy... I just want him to take it to the next level.

Meanwhile, some people said that the SE can't survive if they are let go?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Tex42(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Aromas: GOODLUCK JONATHAN HAS DONE WOT OUR YORUBA MAN REFUSES TO DO FOR GOOD 8 YEARS. Sir, we are still on the train #dontbother2bringbackourgirls. They're now the suicide bomber
is this meant to be a joke or what?.'don't bother to bring back te girls'. << that is not funny OK.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by manny4life(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: yes, 'google' will say the same thing ... their manufacturing operation is assembly.
You have a right to believe whatever you want . I know and state the facts without sentiments.

What is the difference between assembly and manufacturing? Just asking
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by freakcin: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Now that Nigeria seems to be getting it right and making giant strides on all fronts, I fear we're about to witness the full wrath of the developed nations. This is exactly what they don't want, a developed Nigeria exporting cars to neighbouring countries.

Has anyone thought of what this country can really achieve if potentials are really harnessed?

Too bad, y'all I..d.i.o.t.s would rather bicker over whose tribe is better instead of coming together to present a strong and unified front! angry

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
first, it was China phones....sumsung and co
then Chinese computers ..omatek and co.
now we have China cars. inno and co
next is China Aeroplane.
Nigeria is advancing in technology, haters can jump inside lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
elobyobi:

Dream On
InnOson makes 60 percent of his parts. Its not an assembly but the First indigenoous black car plant. It was commissiOned that way. Only low lifers bring this assembly talk into ivm. The peOple that mattered attended the inauguration and they Didn't dispute the manufacturing status. U can watch a you tube of his nnewi car plant. Assemblies were fOr peugeot , nissan and cO
Yes, they(Innoson) do source some parts locally (tyres, break pads, wind shields etc etc) but the critical and most challenging engineering components of the vehicle are sourced from China :- Engine, Gear Box, transmission, electrical modules etc.
They are doing what Peugeot and the rest do but with more locally sourced components but have not yet mastered the challenge of some of the high tech components of an automobile

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by masseratti: 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hate Obasanjo with a passion I blame him fir giving us Gej,i hare mediocrity with passion,am sorry if your think assembling made in China vehicles is with a local badge in it us what you called development,on the contrary there was a boom in the furniture industry during Obasanjo time but Gej gas killed it by waiving the ban on finished furniture,now we import from Dubai,Italy and China,that my friend is no development,and btw we had assemblies in Nigeria before nothing really new.
I must say the man's strategy of making Government his main market target has backfired,now the big boys are coming in,he us looking for a new frontier,apart from Ghana,those other countries have a strong colonial ties,all the same as a Nigerian I wish him best of luck in his endeavour.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
manny4life: What is the difference between assembly and manufacturing? Just asking
assembly is putting together ..... so you get the separate components:- engine, gear box, transmission component, body panels etc (from China in Innoson's case) and then you assemble them at your assembly facility. It's called a CKD process ... read more here .
Manufacturing is more challenging in my view as you design these critical components and make them yourself. The automobile is also designed by the manufacturer.
Don't get me wrong, innoson is on the right path but are not yet there in terms of a 100% African designed/engineered/manufactured automobile.
India (and other emerging countries) have been able to achieve that. India has the Maruti which they formed via a partnership with Suzuki. They have designed/manufactured many local models too.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: Yes, they do source some parts locally (tyres, break pads, wind shields etc etc) but the critical and most challenging engineering components of the vehicle are sourced from China :- Engine, Gear Box, transmission, electrical modules etc.
They are doing what Peugeot and the rest do but with more locally sourced components but have not yet mastered the challenge of some of the high tech components of an automobile

Get a life you illiterate, it is manufacturing,and even in youtube you can see the process there, even if it was window that they can make,it is made in Nigeria by a Nigerian, let us support what we have and pray that they improve and become one of the global leaders in automaking. All companies started like that. If you don't like other peoples achievement, you will never get to their level. I wish they can export to Burkin and Mali and then we can help push it to Senegal and Morocco. Nigeria must be great and unpatriotic Nigerians will die on Ebola.

Proud Igbo by tribe,Proudly Nigerian in Mali.

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
chaberry: Hmmm, We're really goin international, NDI IGBO IBE'M KWENU!!!
Products with no safety records!

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by ojonugwa1980: 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
oga innoson pls make ur cars affordable for nigerians .good work keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Get a life you illiterate, it is manufacturing,and even in youtube you can see the process there, even if it was window that they can make,it is made in Nigeria by a Nigerian, let us support what we have and pray that they improve and become one of the global leaders in automaking. All companies started like that. If you don't like other peoples achievement, you will never get to their level. I wish they can export to Burkin and Mali and then we can help push it to Senegal and Morocco. Nigeria must be great and unpatriotic Nigerians will die on Ebola.

Proud Igbo by tribe,Proudly Nigerian in Mali.
so your evidence is the marketing video that Innoson uploaded on YouTube? Have you even physically seen any of their vehicles and peeked under the hood? Do so and you will see where their high tech components come from.
If you think "glass" is high technology compared to the engine and transmission then you my friend are clueless.
There is no need to bring tribal sentiment to this. I am happy that you are Igbo and hustling in Mali. Good job and keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by elobyobi: 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: Yes, they do source some parts locally (tyres, break pads, wind shields etc etc) but the critical and most challenging engineering components of the vehicle are sourced from China :- Engine, Gear Box, transmission, electrical modules etc.

He makes 60 per cent of his parts , that's above pass mark for a start and he Said he hopes to imprOve. Peeps like u don't reason like this when u see imported cars , but u can't contain ur country is making cars. I know u are not even sure what he makes and what he doesn't. Many car plants abrOad source for more materials than innoson and Are still labeled aS manufacturers. This bad belle won't lead us to anywhere. The company was inaugurated as the first black owned car plant by experts and dignitaries , based on their knowledge of how tnz happen in the world. Olusegun aganga flaunted the car aS made in nigeria on his instagram.
Watch the yOu tube first

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
You are absolutely wrong sir! Innoson sources its raw materials locally and abroad and does 100% manufacturing of their vehicles (NOT ASSEMBLE) in Nnewi. You can go online to do your research and if not convinced, a visit to their plant will be better.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by elobyobi: 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=kobonaire]so your evidence is the marketing video that Innoson uploaded on YouTube? Have you even physically seen any of their vehicles and peeked under the hood? Do so and you will see where their high tech components come from.
If you think "glass" is high technology compared to the engine and transmission then you my friend are clueless.
There is no need to bring tribal sentiment to this. I am happy that you are Igbo and hustling in Mali. Good job and keep it up.[/quote
U really wish he were just assembling right ? Lolz
Now HOw many plants glObally make their engines. Asking ppl whether they have seen innOson cars can only mean u live in a village because its not rare in lagos. Some transoort comanies use it , in addition to private cars.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by chaberry(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nicepoker: shut up
Nah so the thing dey pain u reach?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keep Your Vehicle In Shape By Maintaining These 7 Fluids / Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please? / Who Can Handle This 2,000 Horsepower Nissan GT-R? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.