Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why Do People Cheat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Cheat? (1436 Views)

One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. / Video: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? Nigerians Speak… / Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Its really been long I stepped my small tiny legs here but its good to be back.just heard about the calamity that befell this institution as I couldn't find any of my post.anyway its all good as am back on a higher level with more inspiration and widom.

In our everyday life,we are oportuned to meet and interact with people,share ideas and make new friends.These friendships sometimes leads to relationships and even marriage while some expire along the way.Relationships are supposed to be sacred between two people who really love and care about each other.Marriage is a holy union between two people who love and care about each other and have decided to live and stay together.If Relationship and Marriage is what it is,then why do people still cheat?is it that they don't love their partners enough?or they are tired of the union?if it is so is it not better to leave the union or relationship if all avenues of making it right is not successful than to cheat...

While in the university in Calabar,I was opportuned to meet people,wonderful people yet I still cheated on them.Recently I went down memory lane and I asked myself,why did I cheat?y wasn't I contented?y wasn't I faithful?atleast I claimed to love them so y couldn't I just date a girl and be focused on just her...so I've decided to create dis topic so we can discuss and profer solutions if any.all opinions and contributions are welcomed.nobody is an encyclopedia of knowledge.we are all here to learn.

Thanks and welcome
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Op, this is a JAMB question. Go & buy form for exam!
Last Bullet

* People cheat cos they are not satisfied!

* Some cheat to get revenge!

* Some cheat to get help...
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by scribble: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
you do realize you're asking why do people like to feck

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by elguaje(m): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
I'm coming, I want to sleep. When I wake up I'll answer you meanwhile you have to repeat the question again when I come back

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by Tuna12(f): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
elguaje: I'm coming, I want to sleep. When I wake up I'll answer you meanwhile you have to repeat the question again when I come back
same here

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by angela98(f): 12:14am On Jul 31, 2014
People cheat because they lack the self discipline to resist the natural forces of sexaul attraction. Such people without realising it might become unprincipled. They may lost sense of self as they are wrecked with the emotional feelings of lust. They automatically lost control of their senses and no longer have the control over their sexaul urges. Their brain become preoccupied with the need to satisfy the hunger of their flesh. Anyway, enough grammar. People cheat because they lack discipline and self control. Nonetheless, there are many other material factors that can make people cheat that will depends on individual relationship. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by Lorlaahlozz: 12:36am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by tosyne2much(m): 1:11am On Jul 31, 2014
If am to arrange the reasons why ppl cheat by hierarchy, I guess d first on d list shld be Covetousness , den evry oda tin can be added unto it

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by joromi: 3:36am On Jul 31, 2014
According to evolutionary psychology,
Men and women cheat for different reasons.

Men cheat because they are unconsciously wired to seek the propagation of their genes and ensure it is passed on to the next generation so, any opportunity for such they grab except they are in a committed relationship and the cons of cheating outweighs the pros.

Women are unconsciously wired to seek men who can provide resources for their offspring. These resources can be genetic or financial. So, when women cheat they cheat with more handsome or richer men except they are in a committed relationship and the cons of cheating outweighs the pros.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by jnrbayano(m): 4:09am On Jul 31, 2014
1. People cheat because it's human nature just like sin is also human nature. (Seeking gratification of flesh)

2. People cheat because they haven't realized some "bad" human nature attributes can be controlled, they succumb quickly to the urges that come with it.

3. People cheat because they have tried and failed in keeping this bad human attribute at bay. It's noteworthy to say that some haven't even tried at all.

4. Until these two concepts, "self-control and divine help" understood as a way to curb these cheating, people will keep cheating.

Those in my opinion are the fundamental causes of cheating in a mentally stable humanbeing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: Op, this is a JAMB question. Go & buy form for exam!
Last Bullet

* People cheat cos they are not satisfied!

* Some cheat to get revenge!

* Some cheat to get help...

Owk I understand your point but lemme ask u...would u not rather break up and move on than cheat?does cheating make things better?
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:39am On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: People cheat because they lack the self discipline to resist the natural forces of sexaul attraction. Such people without realising it might become unprincipled. They may lost sense of self as they are wrecked with the emotional feelings of lust. They automatically lost control of their senses and no longer have the control over their sexaul urges. Their brain become preoccupied with the need to satisfy the hunger of their flesh. Anyway, enough grammar. People cheat because they lack discipline and self control. Nonetheless, there are many other material factors that can make people cheat that will depends on individual relationship. smiley

Buh u do realise cheating starts from the moment u start deleting messages even on ur phone,keeping secrets and hiding stuffs from your partner.sometimes it doesn't necessarily have to do with sex or lust
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:40am On Jul 31, 2014
tosyne2much: If am to arrange the reasons why ppl cheat by hierarchy, I guess d first on d list shld be Covetousness , den evry oda tin can be added unto it

Mmmmmm undecided u think so?
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2014
joromi: According to evolutionary psychology,
Men and women cheat for different reasons.

Men cheat because they are unconsciously wired to seek the propagation of their genes and ensure it is passed on to the next generation so, any opportunity for such they grab except they are in a committed relationship and the cons of cheating outweighs the pros.

Women are unconsciously wired to seek men who can provide resources for their offspring. These resources can be genetic or financial. So, when women cheat they cheat with more handsome or richer men except they are in a committed relationship and the cons of cheating outweighs the pros.

Mmmmmm I dnt really follow u know...I had an ex who cheated on me with a 200h level guidance and counselling student,who I was head and shoulders above both in terms of looks and finance and she said d guy was aving emotional issues because he had a bad breakup and she dated him out of pity.can u reconsile that? cheesy some people are just nuts tongue
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2014
jnrbayano: 1. People cheat because it's human nature just like sin is also human nature. (Seeking gratification of flesh)

2. People cheat because they haven't realized some "bad" human nature attributes can be controlled, they succumb quickly to the urges that come with it.

3. People cheat because they have tried and failed in keeping this bad human attribute at bay. It's noteworthy to say that some haven't even tried at all.

4. Until these two concepts, "self-control and divine help" understood as a way to curb these cheating, people will keep cheating.

Those in my opinion are the fundamental causes of cheating in a mentally stable humanbeing.

I kind of agree with u more...lack of self control is really a major cause.thanks
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2014
ijekul:

Owk I understand your point but lemme ask u...would u not rather break up and move on than cheat?does cheating make things better?
That's talking about those that cheat to get revenge.
I d rather break up to go & start another relationship.
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ebamma(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Even bible talk say man shall not live by bread alone
no man go gree chop one type of soup everyday of him life, except him no fit afford other types of soup
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
That's talking about those that cheat to get revenge.
I d rather break up to go & start another relationship.

Yea because its more mature that way
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 8:59am On Jul 31, 2014
ebamma: Even bible talk say man shall not live by bread alone
no man go gree chop one type of soup everyday of him life, except him no fit afford other types of soup
U think so undecided...anyway that's your opinion even though I don't agree with it.
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by dmcdad: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: People cheat because they lack the self discipline to resist the natural forces of sexaul attraction. Such people without realising it might become unprincipled. They may lost sense of self as they are wrecked with the emotional feelings of lust. They automatically lost control of their senses and no longer have the control over their sexaul urges. Their brain become preoccupied with the need to satisfy the hunger of their flesh. Anyway, enough grammar. People cheat because they lack discipline and self control. Nonetheless, there are many other material factors that can make people cheat that will depends on individual relationship. smiley
Well said...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by dmcdad: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2014
tosyne2much: If am to arrange the reasons why ppl cheat by hierarchy, I guess d first on d list shld be Covetousness , den evry oda tin can be added unto it
The list is endless. I think it would be redundant to start listing them because the reasons why people cheat remains uncountable, as it varies from one individual, entity, geographical location, tribe, environment, etcetera to another.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by Deapexboy(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Every averega nigeria will see cheating as part of of life(part of flexing) but the truth is that 70% of nigerians cheat, 20% are those who will cheat in future and 10% are the ugly one's (hmmmm na joke oo)
if u ask sum why they cheat u wil find out that they dony't av a gud reason 4 doing that.
For me lemme say this below are sum reason why they cheat:
1.PAST RELATIONSHIP BAGGAGE
Believe it or not most boys are initially really romantic and nice. Then a girl they love cheats or breaks their heart and it becomes a cycle. They dont believe in the concept of love anymore and then subconsciouly they carry all that hate to their new relationships with a good girl and they just dont wanna go thru all that hurt again and cheat and just cheat and somewhere in their heart its getting back at the girl that broke their heart since…”all girls are the same”. Sounds crazy but this is a reason.

2.A VIRGIN?!?!
Now if ur a virgin and ur bf is sexually active from past relationships there is a high possibility that he is going to want sex. And if u cant give him…he will go out to get it 99% of the time. Now that doesnt mean you should have sex just so he should stay because the truth is,if a boy really likes you he wont make sex the basis of the relationship and he’ll just love spending time with u bonding. Sure he’ll wanna have sex but it WONT Be top priority. All in all…its always best to just go for a virgin if ur a virgin. That way it wont be so hard for him to stay faithful

3. Well for this am not so sure of this but i have come across some boys and girls saying when
ur pathner find out that you dating only him/her the person will toy with your emotions

4.MONEY
believe it or not money sometime is the cause why people cheat. E.g i av seen a case were a young dude was in luv with a girl there relationship was 2years old b4 d dude came across this lady who was MMM(money making machine) not that d dude truly luv her but just because of the money d guy opt in...I REST My CASE

note: man shal not live by bread alone

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by dmcdad: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2014
ijekul:
U think so undecided...anyway that's your opinion even though I don't agree with it.
Seriously, that was an awkward analogy. People just look for cheap and easy way out in justifying themselves. It's preposterous. No matter how the society paints it, it should be noted that it ain't right. Today men use the society or nature as an excuse to cheat.

There should be a sound level of discipline in curtailing one's lust. As humans, whether men or women, there is a profound appetite for the other sex especially when one gets to a particular age in life. One becomes so attracted by the other sex, such that one needs self control and self discipline to hold on to oneself according to one's discretion.

There is no need enlisting all the reasons why people cheat. In doing so, you might get to know the silliest of reasons why someone had to cheat. The bottom line is that, people who cheat lack some fundamental values. Values that are intangible and invaluable. Self control for example, is a great virtue that you seldom see people exhibit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Deapexboy: Every averega nigeria will see cheating as part of of life(part of flexing) but the truth is that 70% of nigerians cheat, 20% are those who will cheat in future and 10% are the ugly one's (hmmmm na joke oo)
if u ask sum why they cheat u wil find out that they dony't av a gud reason 4 doing that.
For me lemme say this below are sum reason why they cheat:
1.PAST RELATIONSHIP BAGGAGE
Believe it or not most boys are initially really romantic and nice. Then a girl they love cheats or breaks their heart and it becomes a cycle. They dont believe in the concept of love anymore and then subconsciouly they carry all that hate to their new relationships with a good girl and they just dont wanna go thru all that hurt again and cheat and just cheat and somewhere in their heart its getting back at the girl that broke their heart since…”all girls are the same”. Sounds crazy but this is a reason.

2.A VIRGIN?!?!
Now if ur a virgin and ur bf is sexually active from past relationships there is a high possibility that he is going to want sex. And if u cant give him…he will go out to get it 99% of the time. Now that doesnt mean you should have sex just so he should stay because the truth is,if a boy really likes you he wont make sex the basis of the relationship and he’ll just love spending time with u bonding. Sure he’ll wanna have sex but it WONT Be top priority. All in all…its always best to just go for a virgin if ur a virgin. That way it wont be so hard for him to stay faithful

3. Well for this am not so sure of this but i have come across some boys and girls saying when
ur pathner find out that you dating only him/her the person will toy with your emotions

4.MONEY
believe it or not money sometime is the cause why people cheat. E.g i av seen a case were a young dude was in luv with a girl there relationship was 2years old b4 d dude came across this lady who was MMM(money making machine) not that d dude truly luv her but just because of the money d guy opt in...I REST My CASE

note: man shal not live by bread alone

Owk am impressed because you have given reasons I can associate with.though I believe cheating isn't a solution to heartbreak neither should it be used as a form of revenge.if u truly love someone and that person hurts u,I believe quiting that relationship is a better way out.with time u'll see someone who truly deserves u.most times people associate relationship with sex but I can confidently say that even if there is sex in the relationship,people still cheat.people will always find a way or avenue to cheat even if their partner were to be super creative on bed or super rich.self control,contentment and the fear of God is really needed in our relationships.in Nigeria,cheating is more like d norm.its nt really a big deal as most pple are doing it and nt doing it seems like ur being left out or ur nt wise.its really a big problem
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by angela98(f): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
ijekul:

Buh u do realise cheating starts from the moment u start deleting messages even on ur phone,keeping secrets and hiding stuffs from your partner.sometimes it doesn't necessarily have to do with sex or lust
you do have a good point..but it depends on the angle you are looking at it from. more so individual relationship differs. Like in my relationship I won't consider that as the start of cheating or cheating. I have well established mutual trust and respect in my relationship. I am not that type of woman who goes through her partners phone or try to monitor his movement. Because I believe relationship should never be a prison or a cage. Obssession in relationship causes unhealthy emotional unrest. I and my partner respects each other privacy and work well together to succeed. Individual relationship differs

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: you do have a good point..but it depends on the angle you are looking at it from. more so individual relationship differs. Like in my relationship I won't consider that as the start of cheating or cheating. I have well established mutual trust and respect in my relationship. I am not that type of woman who goes through her partners phone or try to monitor his movement. Because I believe relationship should never be a prison or a cage. Obssession in relationship causes unhealthy emotional unrest. I and my partner respects each other privacy and work well together to succeed. Individual relationship differs
Ok I now see where your coming from.Am that kind of person too who usually don't care what your phone looks like or the contents in as much as there is mutual respect and responsibility.I always get suspicious when a girl always put a security code on her phone and always want to be alone while receiving calls.I do feel the person has a lot to hide...that's me tho!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by angela98(f): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
ijekul:
Ok I now see where your coming from.Am that kind of person too who usually don't care what your phone looks like or the contents in as much as there is mutual respect and responsibility.I always get suspicious when a girl always put a security code on her phone and always want to be alone while receiving calls.I do feel the person has a lot to hide...that's me tho!
its not only u that feel that way, I have loads of friends who feels that way in their relationship. But in my relationship I Dont consider that has important. U know people are different. Trust me, a lady who really want to cheat on her man will do it right under her mans nose without him knowing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by tosyne2much(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
dmcdad:
The list is endless. I think it would be redundant to start listing them because the reasons why people cheat remains uncountable, as it varies from one individual, entity, geographical location, tribe, environment, etcetera to another.
gbaaaaaam !!! Wisely said broda
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by dmcdad: 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
tosyne2much: gbaaaaaam !!! Wisely said broda
Thanks bruv.
Re: Why Do People Cheat? by ijekul(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: its not only u that feel that way, I have loads of friends who feels that way in their relationship. But in my relationship I Dont consider that has important. U know people are different. Trust me, a lady who really want to cheat on her man will do it right under her mans nose without him knowing.

Your last statement really brings plenty of bad memories undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Cheat? by angela98(f): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
ijekul:

Your last statement really brings plenty of bad memories undecided
abeg gist me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girls Are Pretenders When It Come To Love / How Will I Know Is Time To Get Married / Nigerians And The Habit Of Consulting Religious Leaders/prophets Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.