Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,260 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? (22776 Views)

DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC >>> Twon Ft. Olamide - No Surrender / If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamideshine Like This? / If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 02, 2014
ggrin: Only God knows who woke up this Dirty Conversation. Ever since Olamide hits Stardom, The Argument has been making wave on a daily basis among Fans. Today, Millions of Nigeria took to Twitter over this Argument that If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come
From my own point of View, I think that's True, you guys know dharsaw,if dagrin was alive,olamide will probably be like dharsaw some guys don't even know that guy. ama die hard dagrin fans, Dagrin is Good, Olamide is good too, olamide said in his New Song “ Awon Goons Mi” that People said he won’t blow if Dagrin was Alive but Lil Kesh blow and he (Olamide) is alive. Whats your own Take on this Argument?If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come!

this guy must b a prof.. Armless robber

u stole ma post
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2014
When Dagrin died he paved way for Lord of Ajasa but he( Lord of Ajasa) didn't harness on the hype of the genre of music they perform. In a way dagrin increased Olamides selling point cos he made yoruba rap mixed with pidgin and english popular and that's basically what Olamide does.

Though my two cent on the matter never compare the living with the dead.....

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by squaddy(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2014
radiorebel:
Tribalism

You are the bigot I see here. I guess nobody else has the right to have his own favorite artiste just cuz that artiste is not your kin. And besides what makes you think the guy is not yoruba? I've heard a lot of yoruba's say they enjoy listening to phyno more than olamide..

For the record,I'm igbo,but I know every song olamide has done since eni duro and I can rap every verse even though I don't understand a word of what he is saying

#stop the hate and grow up

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by tonididdy(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Snoop001: I hate to see this trend. Why people keep saying the word. If dagrin no go, olamide no go come. Dagrin is good, no doubt about that. So as olamide too. To me olamide is more better than dagrin. Cos his versatile. Dagrin only rap while olamide does every. Dagrin is only known in Yoruba speaking land.

" He was popular after is death."

Olamide is known everywhere in Nigeria a,s loved by many.
lies dagrin spread like wild fire the day he released his album...olamide cannever do an evergreen album like dagrin.

I don't understand one yoruba word but I bought dagrin's album twice, I shed a tear when I heard of his death.

Mehn pon pon pon for your head ...
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Day11(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2014
You can't compare diz folks together. D'agrin is a RAPPER, Olamide is a Fuji Star angry #Fact

Listen to D'agrin Lyrics- "EVERYDAY" or "GHETTO DREAMS"

Now compare with that noise makers lyrics!

Street mizzed dat nyggah -walahi
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Stevosty: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2014
Just wondering what the collabo of the duo would have been.

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Day11(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Listening to Da'grin FT Isolate - "MOTIGBORO"

Now, thats what we call RAP songs! angry

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by omoadeleye(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2014
go and hear "Awon goons me" by olamide, he said this... "moh respecti dagrin, won ni bo wa ni aye mi o le blow, shey bi oluwa ni se ola, mo wabni aye lil kesh blow." so make una no dey take dat as excuse at all. and moreover don't mind that pretender. he was just twisting his words every time maybe he too is confused, cux he had earlier said it in his "voice of the street" that "bi oba kan koku imi ko le je" that means to say if a king does not die a new king cannot rise, so I think the guy dnst know how to arrange his lyrics, he was just turning everything up and down making noise ,he need to be straight forwarding. and more so, I dnt knw that "lil kesh" as blow ooo, how? make I sit down there.

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Jaymaestro(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2014
I Just think Dagrin was more like East coast and Olamide westie
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Day11(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2014
omoadeleye: go and hear "Awon goons me" by olamide, he said this... "moh respecti dagrin, won ni bo wa ni aye mi o le blow, shey bi oluwa ni se ola, mo wabni aye lil kesh blow." so make una no dey take dat as excuse at all.

Even Dagrin will be laughing @ yaa post smiley

RIP OMO-OGUN
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Bukas40(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2014
D bitter truth,until he's death,i never heard of Dagrin

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by horlabiyi(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2014
suwailad: Mediocre artiste like olamide,he should be known as a Fuji musician. Please dont taint DAGRINS name here.
go to the kitchen please.
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Ahmeduana(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2014
devigblegble: Dagrin is a legend, olamide is wannabe ... My sincere point
UNA SEE UNA LIFE! COMPARING THE LIVING WITH THE DEAD FORGETTING THE INDIVIDUALS COME AT A DIFFERENT TIME AND DIFFERENT PERIOD!
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Day11(m): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Bukas40: D bitter truth,until he's death,i never heard of Dagrin

Dude has been dropping hit since 1992. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is likely you don't listen to Yoruba Raps
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by YourCoffin: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2014
haymoney01: Bro... U still dnt get it... Chicken dnt have wings to fly. Dey only have feathers and it is not strong enough to even make them fly 20m above ground level... The sky is big enough if all animals are to start flying btw it wasn't my statement... I jst stand to correct you

No. I'm trying to show you the absurdity in most of the paradoxes you use. Their usefulness is a function of the context being applied and in this context, it's not applicable.

If all animals were to start flying, the sky won't be wide enough for them. Before long, there would be frequent collisons and the weak ones will be sent back down. (One can argue that it's the reason why chickens and some other birds are not meant to fly) The only option they would have is to wait for the sky to clear before launching back to flight. Now, apply that to Dagrin and Olamide and you'll see the error in that statement. If you do, just say thank you sir!
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Ahmeduana(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2014
devigblegble: Dagrin is a legend, olamide is wannabe ... My sincere point
UNA SEE UNA LIFE!COMPARIN D LIVIN WIT D DEAD 4GETING D INDIVIDUALS COME@A DIFFERENT TYM & DIFFERENT PERIOD,EVENTS & CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFER SO IS DESTINY.
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by unmask: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2014
Dagrin's best songs cannot compete with voice of the street
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by unmask: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2014
Day11: You can't compare diz folks together. D'agrin is a RAPPER, Olamide is a Fuji Star angry #Fact

Listen to D'agrin Lyrics- "EVERYDAY" or "GHETTO DREAMS"

Now compare with that noise makers lyrics!

Street mizzed dat nyggah -walahi

all dagrin's songs none can compare to voice of the street...... I repeat none
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2014
dagrin na john d baptist abeg.............he came to clear d way nau
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by wisefizz(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2014
[/sup]
DaBullIT: B'oba kan o ku ... That was Ola's lyrics

I honestly believe that Olamide's popularity today is directly as a result of Grin's demise ,

I listen to lyrics as opposed to the noise or the beat , my point being, I fell in Love with Dagrin's sense of humor and the realism of his lyrics , Everyday for example , and of course as a hustler, his lyrics about ladies , the life he lives and stuffs,

Do not get me wrong, Olamide has decent lyrics too and i like him, But Dagrin paved way for all of them , Ola, Wiz,Skales,Davido, and in my opinion if some of them are real G's, they are not in the Game, if Dagrin hadn't passed, they would still perform they wouldn't be so popular,

Conclusion, Dagrin's passing left a huge void in the hearts of everyone who listened to his music , Young and Old , men and women . That void was so huge such that one new rapper couldn't fill the void , you have to listen to likes of Davido (wey dey form rich man ) Wizkid ( Gentle boy, big boy wey get money die ) Olamide ( Rich , Smart but lives a thug life ) to try to fill that void , meaning all the three of them put together equals one DAGRIN ,
[sup]

I honestly believe that Olamide's popularity today is directly as a result of Grin's demise ,

I listen to lyrics as opposed to the noise or the beat , my point being, I fell in Love with Dagrin's sense of humor and the realism of his lyrics , Everyday for example , and of course as a hustler, his lyrics about ladies , the life he lives and stuffs,

Do not get me wrong, Olamide has decent lyrics too and i like him, But Dagrin paved way for all of them , Ola, Wiz,Skales,Davido, and in my opinion if some of them are real G's, they are not in the Game, if Dagrin hadn't passed, they would still perform they wouldn't be so popular,

Conclusion, Dagrin's passing left a huge void in the hearts of everyone who listened to his music , Young and Old , men and women . That void was so huge such that one new rapper couldn't fill the void , you have to listen to likes of Davido (wey dey form rich man ) Wizkid ( Gentle boy, big boy wey get money die ) Olamide ( Rich , Smart but lives a thug life ) to try to fill that void , meaning all the three of them put together equals one DAGRIN ,

lafftaplus.......
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Day11(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2014
unmask: all dagrin's songs none can compare to voice of the street...... I repeat none

Of Cuxx grin grin grin
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by ayoodeji(m): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Shey Davido no blow when Wizkid dey alive? He would have but not as easy as it were for him. It was easy for for him because wen dagrin gave us a taste of street rap, it was only him we cud turn afta dagrin's death. Where 9ice today, that dude once looked like he's gon hit forever. NO ONE IS A CHAMPION FOREVER!

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by homesteady(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2014
Rubbish! I only knew of dagrin from his obituary news!
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by ggrin(f): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2014
fanacy:

this guy must b a prof.. Armless robber

u stole ma post
yo can say that again grin eni yara logun gbetongue
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by iceberylin(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Abconcepts: .
Illbliss was "a just rapper". Phyno is definition of 'blowing'... Thus, illbliss is dead (in the industry).
your a mad man....
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by nonsovich(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2014
xp17: op, your mates dey alaba dey pirate half of yellow sun, others dey plan as dem want take export bitter kola go Liberia, you dey here dey argue.
if you no get work , u no go start snail business small small, u fit even start with cheap ones like Mikel slowbi class or phylum.

one word : 937 4 LiF3.
mehn u are rather so busines minded!!

3 Likes

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by manee2(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2014
What's this!!.. Oya if nigga raw no gº phyno no gº come?....smh!! Pipo undecidedWhat's this!!.. Oya if nigga raw no gº phyno no gº come?....smh!! Pipo
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Krasid(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2014
No i don't think so.When someone is destined for greatness then he will be great.

1 Like

Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by MSGAMBLE9: 11:49am On Aug 02, 2014
[Snoop001]Dagrin is good, no doubt about that.To me olamide is more better than dagrin. Cos his versatile. Dagrin only rap while olamide does every.Dagrin is only known in Yoruba speaking land.He was popular after is death. Olamide is known everywhere in Nig a,s loved by many. [/quote] True talk, Ola is way better..just because biggie n pac dies ppl rate them over dmx, are they better? No..what if 50 cent av died in 2005, he would av been overated lyk pac n biggie(my fav)..Judge them by their Line n Rhymes
Re: If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? by Hurklan(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Abconcepts: .
Illbliss was "a just rapper". Phyno is definition of 'blowing'... Thus, illbliss is dead (in the industry).
na u kill am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 2018 Headies Award Holds On March 24. Four New Categories Added / Mikel Obi Sets-up Record Label With Junior Brother / VGMA: Patoranking Wins African Artiste Of The Year + Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.