Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work (48449 Views)

10 Forms Of Frustration Single Men Face At Work – My Case / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? / Should Social Networks Be Blocked At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2014
My boss is a female,she's petite, but very bossy,no one dares undermine her,I guess it's the way you carry yourself that you are addressed.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by dasparrow: 8:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan:

Calm down johr!! I'm right. A woman should concentrate on taking care of her family.

With the high number of UNEMPLOYED or UNDEREMPLOYED men out there and at the rate with which many Nigerian males are dying and not living to be 80 years old and above, how do you expect the woman to just stay in the kitchen? Do you want hunger to kill her and her children? With all the irresponsible men out there who use their salary to carry ashawo and runs girl rather than using their salary to pay children's school fees and provide food, can you blame women who must work outside the home to provide for themselves and their children? What of the shitty polygamists who acquire wives like women acquire handbags and then cannot provide adequately for said wives and the tons of children they will give birth to? Should the woman just sit there waiting for Mr polygamist to bring money for feeding and other basic necessities in perhaps 2050?

Please use your brain before you continue to expose your ignorance on the world wide web.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Obanleowo(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2014
after projecting ur sexuality why would ur boss not advance @ u. who no like beta thing?
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
C P (copy and paste! ) . if I see nigeria English, I will know.
no offense
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Ladybluecash(f): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Frm my experienx av cum to undastnd dat MEN appreciates women in evry org esp wen u r d only woman der, dey pamper u, do anytin u sugested nd alwz wnt to mak u feel belonged... Except if u r d ITK typ or u r TOO FORWARD den u r in for sth else. Op check ursef

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by jennylove7575(f): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
I don't get it. Are talking about what women face
In your organisation or in every organisation? Which country all this one they happen?. Am I suppose to be educated with this? I really don't get this topic......anyway, I am having a birthday bash in a hall in essex on the 23rd of August. You can contact me via e mail to get full detail. Of the venue. All my good people of naira land are highly welcomed. Hugs!

1 Like

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Djtm(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
This article was copied off telegraph, daily mail or the guardian and OP REFUSED to acknowledge the source. And mods put it on the frontpage without a source.
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by pascalmilan11(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
we didn't keep it like that that's how we saw it
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Amya(f): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2014
deri4luv1: When you wear very short skirts, Gowns and clothes showing Your cleavage, why wouldn't your Boss get attracted to you! Ladies of this our Generation Go really suffer sha! Try and Be The boss, then wouldn't have to worry about the 10things stated above

Try and use your brain for once in your life! So the simple fact that someone shows a cleavage and a leg gives license to men to sexually harass their female employees? You're probably one of those that would never take responsibilities for his action. Always looking for someone to pass the blame unto. Slowly backtrack into the cave you're emerging from.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Onyiido: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2014
EbolaGoingHam:

even when ebola is killing you tryna win hoes heart?

Captain save a hoe
U quoted this long post just to write an off point about the topic

1 Like

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by stexsy(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2014
r u a man or a woman cos ve seen Male but u r talking as if u r female....nice post though
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by jconsults(m): 9:55am On Aug 01, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Onyiido: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan: A woman's place is in the kitchen.
Just like your place is in the farm
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Odisco2(m): 10:17am On Aug 01, 2014
grin
una matter tire me for here o

1 Like

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by fydence: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg:
SO ANY THREAD HIGHLIGHTING THE PROBLEMS WOMEN FACE IN OUR SOCIETY IS FEMINIST.
U NIGGAS ARE PATHETIC.SMHundecided
to start with, typing in Capital letters doesnt add anymore sense to an argument.... Can you tel me how threads lyk 'Men are not the head of the family', 'How does submitting to a man improve a woman's existence' and 'Is Feminism unafrican' highlight the problems of women in the society ? ? ? Except from the fact that someone somewhere is desperate for attention by trying to attack all men for the poor choice of men in her own 'Pathetic' life... Please dear feminists we are not responsible for ur absymal love lives..in any case marriage nor be by force... Its becoming petty to read the travails of one feminist after another..EVERY GOD-GIVEN DAY!

1 Like

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by XKZ(m): 10:29am On Aug 01, 2014
I always find it odd that (Nigerian) women complain about the 'sexist' scenarios that are to their disadvantage but never of those to their advantage.
For example when they are excused from late night duties, not detailed to carry out emergency handy man jobs around the office, when the boss is not as tough on them as he is on their male colleagues, or when their requests or comforts are given preferred attention.

Don't you think that if you want equality it should be all round.

If It's something else you want you'll end up paying for it somehow eventually.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2014
mschew...i even thought it was s''sexiest''....was wondering why the scenarios weren't turning me on till i saw ''sexist''....Oya do top 10 sexiext nau...oops...thats sexist
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by portable86(f): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Really shocked dude it's 2014!
I feel for whoever you're going to marry,and if you are,one can only imagine what she is going through in your hands.
Quote me and catch ebola!
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Vikthor(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
evegran: It should be an option. A choice, a decision. Women, we can be anything we wanna be- men should respect that and stop forcing every woma
n to belong to a kitchen. Simple!

chai.....ma'am.
.you too nagg..

Hana!
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2014
Sorry and your place is inside the toilet.... I can't believe you are using the internet and reasoning like a poo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Vikthor:

chai.....ma'am.
.you too nagg..

Hana!
It is a forum meant for discussion! I fail to get your point. However, I'll prefer you stop seeking my attention. Many thanks!
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by duby91(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Sorry and your place is inside the toilet.... I can't believe you are using the internet and reasoning like a poo.

Lmaoo...have mercy on him abeg *rolling*
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Djicemob: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Amya:

Try and use your brain for once in your life! So the simple fact that someone shows a cleavage and a leg gives license to men to sexually harass their female employees? You're probably one of those that would never take responsibilities for his action. Always looking for someone to pass the blame unto. Slowly backtrack into the cave you're emerging from.
U seem to be the typa girl that would like to eat her cake and have it.U would seduce a man with cleavages and legs and still don't want him to be seduced
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by egopersonified(f): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2014
Op, these have happened to me several times. I would never forget the day we went to church and a guy couldnt drive out from where he parked, I gave a suggestion and all the men there, including my husband, ignored it. After turning for more than 15mins without being able to drive out, I went to the driver and insisted he followed my option as he was blocking our car. He did as I asked and came out easily. See all the stares from about six men that had being struggling to assist him since. They think say na only them sabi drive ni?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by MarieSucre(f): 11:10am On Aug 01, 2014
woooooow. just woow. read the first 13 comments by men and all of them ranged from negative, indifferent to counter-accusations. if 21st century men still react to issues like this in this manner then "change isn't really constant". n.b I expect this same men to flood feminism-related topics and parrot the mantra "this is our way of life-women don't really have problems".
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by MarieSucre(f): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2014
and so y'all should know- religious discrimination, ethnic discrimination, racial discrimination(racism), political discrimination, GENDER DISCRIMINATION(male chauvinism) is all the same. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Joshuadon: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster: You were asked this, you were asked that.
OP who are you sef??

GOod qUesTioN
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Vikthor(m): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Amya:

let the truth be told.......
"Both parties are to be blamed"
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Vikthor(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2014
evegran: It is a forum meant for discussion! I fail to get your point. However, I'll prefer you stop seeking my attention. Many thanks!

*keep failing*
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by Urine: 11:52am On Aug 01, 2014
EbolaGoingHam:

even when ebola is killing you tryna win hoes heart?

Captain save a hoe

ROFLMAO.
Re: 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work by SeanT10: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Who cares Now the ladies are crying out loud. But when they open their legs for a favour, you don't get to read about it online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Versus Mechanical Engineering Forum / Inside Lagos Factory Where Workers Stand For 12 Hours Daily To Earn N1,500 / Photos: Young Pilot Makes His Mum Cry As He Flies Her From Lagos To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.