Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Almakura: I will be Vindicated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almakura: I will be Vindicated (702 Views)

Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election / Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated / This Woman's Death Must Be Vindicated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almakura: I will be Vindicated by igbokwesampson(m): 5:54am On Jul 31, 2014
The embattled Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Al-Makura, has expressed confidence that he will be vindicated by the probe panel inaugurated by state Chief Judge, Justice Umaru Dikko to investigate 16-points impeachment allegations.
The governor’s Senior Special Adviser on Public Affairs, Abdulhamid Kwarra, stated that seven-team of Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) will be defending the governor at the panel.
Kwarra said: “The governor will certainly appear before them (the panel) and after that we will go to the press and address them.”
Kwarra, according to an online news medium, Premium Times, added that the governor was innocent of all allegations levelled against him by state House of Assembly, noting governor’s legal team are capable of defending him.
The state chief judge of the state had last Friday set up a seven-man panel to probe the governor over the allegations levelled against him of gross misconduct of financial impropriety and breached of oath of office by the state House of Assembly.
The panel is expected to submit their report to the assembly within 14 days.
Al-Makura impeachment process is coming barely two weeks after Adamawa State House of Assembly impeached Murtala Nyako.
Many political observers opine that the impeachment moves against APC governors is a deliberate plan to weaken the opposition party ahead 2015 general election.

Source: Http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/al-makura-i-will-be-vindicated/184932/

Re: Almakura: I will be Vindicated by Zionope: 6:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Almakura: I will be Vindicated by igbokwesampson(m): 6:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Just a state election and over 5000 Dss operatives were deployed, and a whole community is under the siege of Boko boys with their flag hoisted, Nigerians where are we heading from here?
Re: Almakura: I will be Vindicated by Zionope: 6:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Zionope: However, some of the DSS operatives, who were in over 40 Hillux vans and wore black T-shirts with masks on their faces, moved round the state capital and equally shot sporadically into the air, a development which caused fear for the residents of the town.
Consequently, at the popular Olaiya junction, the hub of business in Osogbo, the DSS operatives who moved in vehicles marked “Department of State Security” shot into the air several times and scared passengers and people waiting at the popular junction.
Diaris God in everything we're doing.
Re: Almakura: I will be Vindicated by akumada1: 8:20am On Jul 31, 2014
we are waiting, till then
Re: Almakura: I will be Vindicated by igbokwesampson(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Information revealled that six out of the seven man judiciary panel committee memebers are known alley of the embattled governor

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Deadly Politics Of Interfaith Love-ajazeera / Will You Pray For Full Implementation Of Report Of the National Conference? / Girl Dies After Wishing Friends Happy New Month On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.