Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,875 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated (8681 Views)

President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today / Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Nat'l Assembly Palaver: Speaker Finally Gains Access Into House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by visionsen(m): 6:11am On Jun 22, 2012
FORMER chairman of the House of Representatives ad hoc committee that probed the fuel subsidy management, Honourable Farouk Lawan, on Thursday sneaked into the National Assembly, declaring that the alleged $3 million bribery scandal hanging on his neck was predestined by God and that he would be vindicated at the end of the day.

The lawmaker, who wore blue agbada and cap to match, managed to enter the green chamber while lawmakers were debating the bill on decentralisation of prisons in the country.

Lawan, who entered the chamber around 1.00 p.m. and left about 1.24 p.m., held talks with the Deputy Leader of the House, Honourable Leo Ogor and few other lawmakers before rushing out of the chamber while the debate on the prison bill was still in progress.

The chairman of Zenon Oil and Gas Limited, Mr Femi Otedola, had claimed that the sum of $620,000 was given to Lawan and the clerk of the committee, Mr Boniface Emenalo, from the agreed $3 million the parties settled for in dollar for clearance deal.

Efforts by the lawmaker to dodge and dissuade reporters from asking him questions were rebuffed, as cameramen doggedly followed him, bombarding him with questions.

Bellow are the excerpts of Lawan's encounter with the newsmen:

Reporters: Sir, you've not been around for the past three days, where have you been?
Lawan: (Silence)

Reporters: What happened to your voice sir?

Reporters: What has the experience been like?

Reporters: What is your take on your suspension sir?

Reporters: Are you relinquishing your position as the leader of the Integrity Group sir?

Reporters: Sir, you are not talking.

Reporters: Sir, what is your take on the resolution of the House suspending you as the chairman ad hoc committee on subsidy management probe and as substantive chairman, House Committee on Education?
Lawan: Well, first of all, I think it is important to note that I have been a member of the House of Representatives in the last 13 years and, of course, together with several of my colleagues, past and present, we have done so much to build the House of Representatives as an institution that should enjoy the respect and confidence of Nigerians and whatever the decision taken by the House of Representatives. I believe it is meant to ensure the credibility of the institution, because as members, we must at all times recognise that the institution is bigger than each and everyone of us.

“It is an institution that belongs to this country; it is an institution which Nigerians look after for good legislations, for oversight responsibilities, for quality representation and it is an institution that must continue to give hope and confidence to the Nigerian people, so whenever any issue comes to question on any particular member, it is important to recognise that the institution itself is bigger than each and everyone of us. And so, the decision of the House of Representatives is a collective decision of an institution and I have absolutely no problem with that decision.

“As far as the issue relating to me is concerned, I believe ultimately that I will be vindicated. I just urge Nigerians to continue to be patient.

I have not spoken on the issue for strategic reasons, but I believe that at the end, Nigerians will come to believe and to see that for the 13 years that I have invested in championing good governance, accountability and probity in this country, that this last trial is a trial from God and I believe in the end we shall prevail.”
Moves by reporters to probe further, however, met a brick wall as the lawmaker left without making any further comment.

Meanwhile, the House has said that it will not join issues in the media with Mr Otedola, declaring him as guilty as Lawan until the completion of investigation into the alleged bribery scandal.

The chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Honourable Zakari Mohammed, stated this at a media briefing, saying that Otdeola's response to the resolution of the House was "laughable and a celebration of corruption."

According to him,"everybody's antecedence in Nigeria is known. We know the emergency millionaires, and how they started their businesses. As an institution, we are not going to join issues with him.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/42971-3m-bribe-scandal-lawan-sneaks-into-house-chamber-says-his-ordeal-is-from-god-yet-to-report-at-force-headquarters-well-not-join-issues-with-otedola-reps
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by sadyeek(m): 6:23am On Jun 22, 2012
[size=16pt]a man is going to (killed for stealing 2000 naira, while another who is accused of bribery in the millions can strol into NASS anytime he wants, were is justic?[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by visionsen(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Which way Nigeria ? .

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by visionsen(m): 6:36am On Jun 22, 2012
He was elected to care but ....

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Enoquin(f): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2012
An act of God? So God wanted 'Hon' Farouk to take bribe, get caught and then be vindicated later? How great is God indeed

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by jamil2(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2012
He finally give up!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2012
13 years of Criminality in the House of Assembly!!

Obasanjo called them Criminals, and people thought he was mad.. #Whose mad now?!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Nwoka(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2012
Lawan how do u want to vindicate yourself? You now remember God abi? When you were putting the money in your cap you didn't remember us ooo,go to prison jooorr!!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by zuchyblink(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2012
except living 4eva,noting is impossible in nigeria maybe the man don settle dem
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by talktrue1(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2012
I have been a member of the House of Representatives in the last 13 years
...it is an institution which Nigerians look after for good legislations, for oversight responsibilities, for quality representation and it is an institution that must continue to give hope and confidence to the Nigerian people

Been there for more than 4 tenures, has he given us hope and confidence?
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Delafruita(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2012
talk true:

Been there for more than 4 tenures, has he given us hope and confidence?
his four tenures in the house have been memorable to followers of legislature.besides,i suggest you wait till the courts convict him or at least find him guilty.till then,i remain confident in farouk
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by funola: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2012
Audacity of Greed

8 Likes

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Biggyd2: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2012
This man is still talking. I have even lost track of which episode of Keeping Up With Flawan that we are on presently. And he is calling God. Kai, God don suffer for our hand o! People just dey lie anyhow with God name. FLawan God is watching you and we are too.

Diffrent strokes-someone is sentenced to death by hanging for stealing less than N2,000. See http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/man-hang-stealing-n1705 .Where is justice in this country. Why wont people continue stealing big like FLawan and co. I bet if FLawan goes before this judge and he is found guilty he will leave the court room with the lightest sentence available.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Seunzz(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2012
[b][/b]I just urge Nigerians to continue to be patient.

I have not spoken on the issue for strategic reasons, but I believe that at the end, Nigerians will come to believe and to see that for the 13 years that I have invested in championing good governance, accountability and probity in this country, that this last trial is a trial from God and I believe in the end we shall prevail.”

Was he otherwise saying, Nigerians are very patient people, and thereby, are fools. We should be patient while you and your colleagues in the 'Legislathieves' keep stealing and ruining our economy with your useless laws. YOU WON'T PREVAIL!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by gbadexy(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2012
Wetin consign God for FL matta now, did God destined him to go to otedola's house.
As for the legislator, there condemning otedola as guilty as farouk until the completion of their investigation is reversing the normal order of things. The popular saying is that suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty, which one our honourables come dey talk again.
I always say the legislators somtimes act like a pack of children, the spokesman said they don't want to join issues with him yet he was insinuating on his pedigree as a questionable businessman.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by polokor60(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]a man is going to (killed for stealing 2000 naira, while another who is accused of bribery in the millions can strol into NASS anytime he wants, were is justic?[/size]
laws are like cobweb where small insects are caught but rodents and other big animals ll always scare through.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by ebamma(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2012
so now our national assembly members dey only collect bribe in dollars.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by ismhab(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija: 13 years of Criminality in the House of Assembly!!

Obasanjo called them Criminals, and people thought he was mad.. #Whose mad now?!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by femmy2010(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]a man is going to (killed for stealing 2000 naira, while another who is accused of bribery in the millions can strol into NASS anytime he wants, were is justic?[/size]

He is an Higher man and only deserved to be told not to do it again. grin
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2012
I dont know why those useless bokoharams cant take down people like Farouk for us instead of attacking innocent Nigerians.Strike those northern elites that have contributed to your misfortunes ! angry
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by amobii: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2012
Nigerian please wake up!!!!! this is a wake up call for everyone in the country, after Mr. Integrity was suspended from the house, and the chairman he claimed the money was with denied the possession of any exhibit, now next thing for him is to sneak into the house. Where are the anti-graft agencies here even the police should question him on that again, after all the money in question has not submitted to the police. Some people are not ashame of themselves after u have been caught on video for taking bribe and putting it your cap, the next is to say its predestine by God, haba!!!!!!! eberu olorun, emajeki ibinu olorun sele lori yin. Awon ole jati jati lipsrsealed
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by gbadexy(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2012
I think you should open another thread for this news. It so important and deserves attention. Some of these judges get drunk with power, he believes he holds power to life and death.
Did the robber harm the woman, was anyone killed, the judge just sentenced the hungry guy to death by hanging because he robbed N1700 and two satchet of milk valued at N400.
I don't support any form of crime but the punishment was too harsh, I think some of these judges that occupy powerful positions should be undergoing periodical psychological evaluation and the legislators should reduce their retirement age back to 65 so that senile people won't be giving erratic judgments.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by chicsdbabe: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2012
Enoquin: An act of God? So God wanted 'Hon' Farouk to take bribe, get caught and then be vindicated later? How great is God indeed
cheesy
Enoquin: An act of God? So God wanted 'Hon' Farouk to take bribe, get caught and then be vindicated later? How great is God indeed
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by yuzedo: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2012

For justice, you must go to . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Don Corleone. angry
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by oiseworld: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2012
farooook the croooook !!!
Always a crook. So god sent you.
Nowahalla.

Take it like that,be a man. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Slyr0x: 10:14am On Jun 22, 2012
Well, first of all, I think it is important to note that I have been a member of the House of Representatives in the last 13 years

House of Rep na your papa's property??

1 Like

Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by ManTJ1(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2012
(
zuchyblink: except living 4eva,noting is impossible in nigeria maybe the man don settle dem

Time will tell sad shocked(
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by gbadexy(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by wamby(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2012
farouk lawan, the guilt is hung all over ur face, there is no sitting on the fence on 'corruption' and fighting 'against corruption'. Its a shame u were sitting on the fence on corruption in nigeria
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by Teefabs(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2012
This farouk no get shame at all u collected bribe u still get mouth dat God will vindicate u.for d part 13years this thief and his members ve been shearing our money.i will advice d nigeria police to re-arrest him and knock him up again
Re: Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2012
A remix of Usofia's I go chop ya dolar grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Condemns Buhari’s Private Trip To UK Amid Insecurity / 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu / FG Grants Air Peace Approval To Start Abuja-London Flight After Lagos-London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.