Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities (1081 Views)

Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community / APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by gratiaeo(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
No fewer than 15 persons were feared killed in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State by some rampaging gunmen.

The gunmen, numbering about 12, stormed seven communities in the local government area and opened fire on unsuspecting persons.

It was gathered that the assailants, who were all armed with AK-47 rifles, rode into the area with six motorcycles and operated from 9pm on Wednesday till the early hours of Thursday.

A source in the are told The PUNCH that while three persons were shot dead in Ede, one of the communities in the area, one person lost his life in Obite.

In Egite community, two persons were killed by the trigger-happy gunmen while two others were injured.

The source told our correspondent that four persons were shot at close range in Egita community while one also died in Obiosimiri community during the raid.

“In Akabta community, the gunmen killed one person and injured an undisclosed number of people. So far, 15 persons were killed during the night raid by the gunmen.

“They (gunmen) began their operation at about 9pm on Wednesday night till early this (Thursday) morning. As I speak with you, some of our people, who were injured, are in the hospital,” the source from Egi clan in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni added.

The State Police Commissioner, Mr. Tunde Ogunsakin, confirmed the attack but said eight people were killed.

Ogunsakin added that investigations into the killings had begun.
http://www.punchng.com/news/15-feared-killed-as-gunmen-sack-rivers-communities/
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Descartes: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
2015 Election is gonna be… lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by nonsheks(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ddd
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
who wil save us? This govt has failed.

1 Like

Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Have they finally arrived?
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Emmaesty(f): 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
I believe that all this would be history one day. Nigeria(as a whole and not divided) will be great

1 Like

Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by djfaithy: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hm boko haram has formally announced their presence in the south...... Gej till 2019 abi?
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by vedd: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
The cankerworms finally brought their errand boys to an APC controlled southern state!

1 Like

Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amechi and his supporter of APC
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
I smell state of emergency
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by vicadex07(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by vicadex07(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Like I knew this was going to happen. They want to destabilize rivers too because the state isn't loyal to the PDP's cause.
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by Frankenstein: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
There was a country!
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by vicadex07(m): 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
vicadex07: How come bombs only explode in states not loyal to the Jonathan re-election bid? Kano,
Adamawa, Yobe, kaduna, Imo, Lagos?

This is what i think. i think jonathan is using
boko haram to create chaos in those states so that he can have a reason to deploy heavy security personnel to the states (Ekiti Case study) to intimidate the voters during
election.

Another game plan i see playing out is that
Jonathan would force Jega (INEC) to abort
Election in Boko Haram affected areas, citing insecurity menace, and only conduct the presidential election in states that are boko haram free, in other words Jonathan's Strong Holds.

The bomb blasts in Abuja is just to give the
whole scheme a nationalistic view so that
people would not start suspecting. I don't see any reason why boko haram is growing
stronger even in the midst of heavy presence of our gallant and internationally acclaimed Nigerian army. The only explanation is that there is a collaboration
between the federation and boko haram.

The Northerners cant be killing their own
people. It doesn't work that way.
Its someone from outside that is doing this
dirty business for Jonathan and PDP like a
contract (probably what our 20 billion dollars was used for, and much more). We already know how desperate and ruthless he is. So this is not exactly a revelation.

P.S.
I once interviewed a shoe maker not too long ago. Whilst we were talking, I noticed his accent was not that of the typical Hausa as I have once stayed in the North. I questioned him abt this and he confessed he was a Chadian. I Immediately challenged him that he and his people are boko haram and they are the ones bombing everywhere in Nigeria.
Immediately his countenance changed and
you could see the fear in his eyes when I said that. What he said after that was so shocking.

He revealed that all of them is not like that
and that it is our politicians and big men that come to their countries with "BIG MONEY" to come and recruit them with the pretence that they are fighting a holy war (JIHAD) and they need more soldiers only for them to get to Nigeria and find out the truth. At this juncture, it is most likely too late for most of them to abscond and majority of them just go with the flow. Some of them try to escape but most are killed before even attempting. Very few are successful in escaping
Re: 15 Feared Killed As Gunmen Sack Rivers Communities by EasternLeopard: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
APC doing what they know best

Fashola lagos explosion " Gas explosion "

Rochas kicked them out " Identity card "

Amaechi let's see what action he will take

And you see that post up mine

Trash Trash Trash

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Charlie The 2 Year Old Snake Boy! / Why Yorubas Enjoy Embarrassing, Insulting And Crucifying Their Leaders. / Breaking News: Gov Mimiko Of Ondo State May Dumps Labour Party For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.