Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (31661 Views)

Dino Melaye Escapes Assassination Attempt In Kogi As Gunmen Invade His Home / PDP Leaders Have Turned Wike To MMM – APC / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by IamDaniella: 9:30am On Jan 16, 2015
The standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers state, Nyesom Wike has accused the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, in the state of masterminding the attack on his campaign train in Abua/Odual Local Government Area of the state.

Gunmen had allegedly attacked the Palace of the Abua kingdom in an attempt to shoot at the entourage of Wike who went to the palace for Royal blessings.

It was gathered that King Kalo Obuge, the Oba Oda of Abua Kingdom was about giving his royal blessings to Wike when he hoodlums struck.

One of the gunmen was shot dead by one of the security operative of the PDP governorship aspirant.

Wike at his campaign rally, however, said the non-violence accord signed by the leaders of their parties had been breached by APC in Rivers state.

He said, “APC has gone to higher boys to carry gun because they were here on the 13th of January, nobody came out. When they saw the mammoth crowd that came to welcome us, they became scared.

“They have gone to tell their boys to start shooting so they will intimidate themselves. We shall never be intimidated. They signed an agreement yesterday but today they have violated it.

“We shall never be provoked,” Wike said.

The APC in Rivers State and the Greater Together Campaign Organization of Dakuku Peterside are yet to comment on this development.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/16/wike-running-mate-pdp-leaders-escape-death-gunmen-storm-rally/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Trailblazer1(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2015
This election is becoming too hot for my likening. River state seems to be the epicentre of recent violence by both parties.
What shall it profit a man to fight and defend a politician and end up losing his own soul.

I can not sacrifice my life for any politician whether in PDP or APC.

#violenceFreeElection

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by killuminati(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2015
Pics
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Haaa, abeg make dem stop that play iooo shocked
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by ORACLE1975(m): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2015
ha
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by temitemi1(m): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2015
This is what the big mouthed ameachi has brought to u in rivers... GEJ till 2019!!

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:53am On Jan 16, 2015
Dey don com again.... Violent useless APC boys.......Gej til 2019!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Trailblazer1(m): 9:56am On Jan 16, 2015
Politicians will send their children abroad during election and then arm gullible youths to fight and defend their interest.

Let's enlighten our brothers, sisters, friends and enemies who will be used as a tool to fulfill their selfish agenda.
You can make a difference rather than a victim

#violenceFreeElection

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by mogentle(m): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2015
customized13:
Haaa, abeg make dem stop that play iooo shocked
You started it nah...

2 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by hyfr(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2015
Who comes to your mind as the mastermind behind this? cool. For me Who knows tomorrow?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by DaJulee(f): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2015
IamDaniella:
http://www.linjust.com/2015/01/rivers-in-trouble-wike-others-escape.html
Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers State, Chief Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike yesterday escaped death as unknown gunmen shot sporadically to disrupt the party’s campaign rally at Abua Central in Abua/Odual local government area of the state.

Wike, and other leaders of the PDP in the state, including his running mate, Dr (Mrs) Ipalibo Banigo, were not unhurt in the gun attack that lasted for more than 45 minutes, as they were still at the palace of the traditional ruler of Abua, King Kaleh Obunge, when the incident occurred.

Also in his entourage were the state PDP chairman, Chief Felix Obuah; the executive director, Finance and Administration, Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Dr. Henry Ogiri; a member of the House of Representatives, Mrs Betty Apiafi, and the party’s candidate for Rivers West senatorial district, Hon. Osinakachukwu Ideozu.

However, when the sound of guns died....CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

SOURCE

Very true: More than 3 killed.
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by dulaman: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2015
revenge mission, days ago an APC leader emenike was killed by PDP in rivers.

16 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by MKO4ever(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2015
This is not good for our democracy!!!
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by signz: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Prophet Iginla mentioned River state as one of the states that'll experience post election violence.
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Vicotex(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2015
Those gun men are Vikings, the back bone of Amaechi.

Vikings or no Vikings, Dakuku will go back to his cage.
#Wike4Gov

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Bluepamex: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2015
Amaechi ,Amaechi,Amaechi,how many times did I called u?, call your boys to order or else this Rivers state will become too hot for you,I swear. A word is enough for the wise

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Bluepamex: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2015
Amaechi ,Amaechi,Amaechi,how many times did I called you ?, call your boys to order or else this Rivers state will become too hot for you,I swear. A word is enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by korel9: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2015
APC goons tyns undecided

Amaeshit isn't ready to play clean

3 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2015
If I hear. This was staged IMO.

21 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by englishmart(m): 11:45am On Jan 16, 2015
I'm ready to die for this country.
Can someone just select me?
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by jingh(f): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
how low can this pdp go low in their thinking
soon you will blame apc when you don't Ve an erection
bunch of useless bad mouthing fellows
say no to violence
say yes to change
say buhari
#buhari4change

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by omenka(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
I have no doubt in my mind he staged this himself.

The man is of very queer character.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by DopeAngel(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
staged! Staged!! Staged!! It was staged.. Nigerians shine your eyes.. These things are not js happening like that.. There shall be no peace for the wicked!

23 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by seangy4konji: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
Na do or die politricks.

God help us.
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by gidistar: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2015
[url=gidihub..in/2015/01/dear-toaster-this-is-why-youll-continue.html?m=1] Dear toaster, this is why you’ll continue to remain in the friend zone ( must read ) [/url]
Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Genes1s: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
hehehe....PDP...what is the title of this film?? grin grin awon were

18 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by oguash: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
story for the dogs. stage managed film. mtcewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by BabaO2: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
Na lie

9 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by omenka(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
Bluepamex:
Amaechi ,Amaechi,Amaechi,how many times did I called you ?, call your boys to order or else this Rivers state will become too hot for you,I swear. A word is enough for the wise
And you are

6 Likes

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by ichidodo: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2015
Amaechi..

1 Like

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by money121(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2015
Ok

Re: Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally by Doublyu(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2015
Observing from d top of presidential Hotel....I can see Wike running out of PDP!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Imported Supporters From Niger Republic For Sokoto Rally – El-rufai / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Kwara Govt Reduces Workdays To Three For Public Servants / Bayelsa Election: Heavy Shooting In Ekeremor Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.