Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community (11959 Views)

Soldiers Kill 13 Boko Haram; Arrest 10 Suppliers (photos) / Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / Fulani Herdsmen Raid Taraba Communities, Kill 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 25, 2015
A gang of gunmen suspected to be cultists on Thursday sacked Obrikom and Omoku communities in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State, killing 13 persons in the process.

The gunmen, who were said to have stormed the communities at about 4am, overpowered youths and policemen deployed in the areas before killing their victims.

A source from the area said while eight persons were mowed down by the attackers in Obrikom, five persons also lost their lives in similar circumstance in Omoku.

It was gathered that the operation, which lasted till noon, had turned Obikom to a ghost town as residents deserted the area for fear further attacks.

An eyewitness told our correspondent that the gunmen had disarmed some Obrikom youths, who were members of a vigilante group before shooting their way into the town.

“It looked like an inter-cult war and they operated from 4am to noon today (Thursday) after they had overpowered policemen and some youths that were on guard in Obrikom town.

“We learnt that eight person were killed on Obikom during the attack. There was also another attack in Omoku, where five persons were killed. In Obrikom, the entire place is currently like a ghost town.

“People have deserted the area because they are afraid that the gunmen may come back again. We were told that they were on a reprisal, but we are not sure as of this moment I am speaking with you,” the eyewitness, who is an indigene of the area, said in a telephone interview.

Also, a teacher in one of the secondary schools in Omoku said he had to flee the teachers’ lodge and dash down to Port Harcourt as a result of the shooting in the area.

The secondary school teacher, who spoke on condition of anonymity, disclosed that one person was killed at the main gate of the school in Omoku.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officers, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad, confirmed the incident, but added that he was not sure of the number of persons killed during the attack.

According to him, “I am aware of the incident, but the actual figure (of those killed) remains conflicting.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-kill-13-sack-rivers-community/
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2015
It looked like an inter-cult war and they operated from 4am to noon today
............and where were the police/olokpa

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 25, 2015
That's it.....

For car owners and diagnostic shops, check my signature for your own good, and effective car maintainance.. have u r engine box (ECU) on your phone
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Berrylite: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by bonechamberlain(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2015
south south people, oil has made them irrational and lazy. if u do an investigation in Nigeria the Niger deltans has the highest number of cultist closely followed by the south west then east then north.

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by kossyablaze(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2015
Damn bad.... Zoo is getting worse

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
e
oboi u yeye well well, walahi.... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by macolino(m): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Govt should look into this matter because its getting out of hands.I ran away from omoku last year because of the fight.they said its because of the election that it will calm down after election.first it was political Apc v Pdp.Pdp sponsoring Acelandos while Apc for Debam.The fight took about 150 lifes.Now the madness has started again.On Tuesday a 16 year old boy was butchered,head cut of,heart removed.As I am typing this comment obrikhom is like a ghost village...

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Richie0974: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2015
That's bad.... But my question is what do they gain in killing someone like them
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Raxxye(m): 7:41am On Sep 26, 2015
Attacks and reprisal attacks by cultists have been going in in these communities for years. Very sad developments in this black continent!
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by osaslord500(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2015
Rip to the deceased
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by ignis: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
The wages of sin is death.

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.

Karma must surely catch up with them.
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by ednoville(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
Good day nairalanders, i just want to solicit votes for my sister's baby, his name is Daniel, and he is involved in this children hospital competition, as we speak he is in 2nd position with 767 likes behind an American baby who has about 818 likes, i beg you to pls click on the link below or copy and paste on your browser, the next picture you will see is that of baby Daniel, if you are not logged in to Facebook, it will ask you to log in, and if you are logged in just click like below the picture it will increase his likes, you can only vote once, pls help a beautiful Nigerian baby, I know Nigerians are always there for each other and Naija no dey carry last, God bless you as you vote baby Daniel
Pls click link below to vote

http://wshe.es/3nWOuk7T
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by ndaman25: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
Nawa ooooo....who go cun be leaders of tomorrow in dat community if the young 1ce are cultists

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by KpStone(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2015
I will comment on this matter in the fullness of time
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by ennysuccess(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2015
9ja which way
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by loomer: 7:44am On Sep 26, 2015
4am till noon

Na country be this one?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Nairaland mods really need to change! Why will the be restriction on a muslim's post But no restriction on a christian's post Blasphemy has reached its highest here If ur not a christian don't comment on any religious post concerning christianity

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Dcaliphate(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2015
PortHarcourt boys and 'Otu' things r like bread and egg, let the finish up theirselves there for all I care.
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by mznuez(f): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Is it the boko? undecided
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Pavore9: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2015
So sad!
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by DankemzI(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2015
Cultist are the worst set of people, there are criminals especially Ay & Aro
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by omusiliyu(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2015
National Association of Name Checkers (NANC).

When it comes to gun... The Niger Deltans are leading.
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by nikkiking(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Pishure shocked shocked.
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2015
How can someone tell me Nigeria is not a banana republic when from east to west, north to south lawlessness is the order of the day.
what nonsense 4am - 12 noon and left unchallenged?
Someone please tell this Government that Nigeria is crumbling and needs serious action!
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by villeanns(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2015
macolino:
Govt should look into this matter because its getting out of hands.I ran away from omoku last year because of the fight.they said its because of the election that it will calm down after election.first it was political Apc v Pdp.Pdp sponsoring Acelandos while Apc for Debam.The fight took about 150 lifes.Now the madness has started again.On Tuesday a 16 year old boy was butchered,head cut of,heart removed.As I am typing this comment obrikhom is like a ghost village...

...Which Rivers State...
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Aminat508(f): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2015
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by amakufrancis(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by Notion(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community by otokx(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2015
Cultism down south is powered by politicians and is becoming quite brutal, imagine 2 villages in Aluu fighting and killing themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wife Of Shehu Ibrahim Iniyass "Seida Bilikisu" Give Up The Soul / Security Summit: Buhari Meets GILS Leadership In Abuja (photos) / LASG Signs MoU With Fintech Company, Etransact On Management Of Setbacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.