Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner (5741 Views)

PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER / Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan:

Yes!

Ibos are fools.
Really?

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: I think mr president acted very childishly with politics coloured mindset. How many gov'nors gave a dime from their pocket? How much did the president donate from HIS POCKET? What about Arthur Eze that claimed he was giving the president 4m dollars and ended up giving him 1m dollars? What about others that donated less than a billion before Okorocha? What about the lady that came out ONLY to say that her boss will get in touch with the committee? Etc. I'm not supporting any politician but there MUST be a limit to the extent we play politics in this country!
serious d attitude of the igbos show how immature they culd relate politics and dignity, they allows sentiments to rule their sense of judgement, the president can afford to make a mockery of a chief from igbo land and still be applauded for it since the governor did not come from their preferred party, it is pathetic. Igbos is a mockery to the world.

3 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Descartes: 10:54am On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: serious d attitude of the igbos show how immature they culd relate politics and dignity, they allows sentiments to rule their sense of judgement, the president can afford to make a mockery of a chief from igbo land and still be applauded for it since the governor did not come from their preferred party, it is pathetic. Igbos is a mockery to the world .
Do I blame you

5 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by roufy235(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2014
i dey come
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Deleted
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2014
cowleg: Rochas okorocha indicated interest to speak and when he was donating in the name of the masses, president jonathan passed a mean joke towards him.

Rochas donated 10million, mr president replied you mean dollars... Rochas said if u say so let your will be done, then mr president said jokingly anybody with less than 1 billion donation should speak from the podiun.

How did he disgrace himself, He is not suppose to donate sef, he,s not looking for favours like others that came out to donate in billions except people like Theophilus Danjuma(Who may be richer than all those who came to donate)
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: Arthur Eze pledged $5million and he gave the president a $2million cheque promising to balance up the remaining one. The Federal Government donated 10billion naira,but Jonathan didn't donate a dime from his pocket. State governments donated 100million naira each but Rochas donated 10million from his pocket. Didn't he do well?
Mike Adenuga didn't come and he didn't send a representative. He might end up not donating anything.
The hate for Rochas by Ndigbo on nairaland is really annoying and uncalled for.
it only show y they cannot produce the president for this country, beside that other tribes will not accept their candidate they don't accept themselves, cases of Ekweme, Nwobodo and their revered late sage Ojukwu is a clear proof of my claim. All these had their ambition aborted due to their senseless sentiments, greed and acrimony by the very igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by meforyou1(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan:

Yes!

Ibos are fools.
you, your papa, your grand papa, your great grand papa, your family tree, up to oduduwa that fell from hell fire are all fools
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by maestroferddi: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Rochas only has himself to blame. At times, I wonder the kind of strategists and advisers he has in his team. He appears, more often than not, to forget who calls the shot presently in the country. For him and other people that would rather disregard stark realities, Jonathan is the boss of all bosses in this country. It is simply naïve for Rochas to think that the president would fold his arms and allow himself to be upstaged in his own party. The least Rochas could have done should have been to duly defer to the President and the office he embodies, just like other dignitaries/donors did in that dinner/occasion. I believe it was evidently tactless and reeked of lack of finesse for Rochas to attempt that stunt he was trying to pull. You underrate politicians-much less a sitting president-at your own peril. His underhand attempt to arrogate popularity to himself at the expense of the president was deftly rebuffed by the latter just to put him in his place. He must be a joker to have assumed that all the unguarded utterances and ill-advised media campaigns and posturings for which he is almost making pastimes are sailing under the president's radar. I cry for Rochas: a man positioned for higher leadership in this country but who is frittering his opportunities by the day...

2 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by maestroferddi: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: it only show y they cannot produce the president for this country, beside that other tribes will not accept their candidate they don't accept themselves, cases of Ekweme, Nwobodo and their revered late sage Ojukwu is a clear proof of my claim. All these had their ambition aborted due to their senseless sentiments, greed and acrimony by the very igbos.
No insult:How old are you?
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes:
Thank you very much, but that Okorocha of a Governor…hmmm wink
grow up, Okorocha is one of the best d igbos has now, forget all those selfish politicians in igbo land dat meant no gud for no one. check it, since before he became a governor he has been known to serve humanity wit the wealth God gave him, ur arthur eze wit all his wealth will only spend his money where the government at d central will recognise him but to d public no expect the president will be aware of it. Okorocha has proven dat he doesn't need ur politics money to be rich he only meant to serve, he only needed a platform of which d pdp and apga denied him now he found it in APC and u ar making fuse about it.

3 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Okeycima: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2014
cowleg: Rochas okorocha indicated interest to speak and when he was donating in the name of the masses, president jonathan passed a mean joke towards him.

Rochas donated 10million, mr president replied you mean dollars... Rochas said if u say so let your will be done, then mr president said jokingly anybody with less than 1 billion donation should speak from the podiun.
to the people saying that the igbo is full of hate and all nonsense.what the have to answer is WAS ROCHAS NOT TURNING THE DINNER PARTY INTO HIS OWN SHOW OR NOT?.IF HE IS NOT Y WOULD HE SAY ON BEHALF OF THE MASSES AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE THE SPOKESMAN OF THE MASSES?WAS THE EVENT NOT BEEN HOSTED 4 THE MASSES AFFECT BY THE TERROR ATTACKS?IF THERE NEED TO DONATE INDEPENDENTLY Y NOT FOLLOW THE WAY Gen T.Y DANJUMA DID?
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2014
maestroferddi: No insult:How old are you?
is it now about age? Forget my age and contest those facts I raise if u ar an igbo.
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by ikweremilitant: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan:

Yes!

Ibos are fools.
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Descartes: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: grow up, Okorocha is one of the best d igbos has now, forget all those selfish politicians in igbo land dat meant no gud for no one. check it, since before he became a governor he has been known to serve humanity wit the wealth God gave him, ur arthur eze wit all his wealth will only spend his money where the government at d central will recognise him but to d public no expect the president will be aware of it. Okorocha has proven dat he doesn't need ur politics money to be rich he only meant to serve, he only needed a platform of which d pdp and apga denied him now he found it in APC and u ar making fuse about it.
When am ready for you I will let you know cool
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by ikweremilitant: 11:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Kalvan:

Yes!

Ibos are fools.
d slave of a fool is a big fool(yorubas)

2 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Okeycima: to the people saying that the igbo is full of hate and all nonsense.what the have to answer is WAS ROCHAS NOT TURNING THE DINNER PARTY INTO HIS OWN SHOW OR NOT?.IF HE IS NOT Y WOULD HE SAY ON BEHALF OF THE MASSES AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE THE SPOKESMAN OF THE MASSES?WAS THE EVENT NOT BEEN HOSTED 4 THE MASSES AFFECT BY THE TERROR ATTACKS?IF THERE NEED TO DONATE INDEPENDENTLY Y NOT FOLLOW THE WAY Gen T.Y DANJUMA DID?
dat tells u d state of his mind, d masses has always been in his heart because he recognise he came out from among them, check his record even ever before he became a governor he has be a man of the masses but like d jew u people claimed u are, u don't ever accept the God sent, u haul stone at them and u kill them. Check my post above and decide which u prefer btw the like of Okorocha and those ur selfish and greedy politicians but mind u, u will always have wot u wish for.

3 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by slimghost(m): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2014
I am not a rochas fan but I see nothing wrong with his action.

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by wasak(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
its quite funny to me how people can conclude he disgraced himself. i mean exactly how? by donating on behalf of d masses or what? moreover his reply to d president wasn't bad @ all.

To all tribal warriors, please be moderate in ur speech, its quite uncivil and dehumanizing to stoop below this stone-age level of verbal war you are practicing, i challenge any of u to prove to me that he does not have an associate from another tribe. (except and of course. u are too local, in which case. ur actions are excusable )

2 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by maestroferddi: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: is it now about age? Forget my age and contest those facts I raise if u ar an igbo.
But you are not reasoning like an adult at all. So because Igbos want to produce a president, they should condone unacceptable behaviours from those who should know better,abi? Let me speculate that it is either you are too immature to know or that you don't know jack about the Igbos. Igbos are realists and do not revel in hypocrisy and double standard. They say it as it is. In Igboland you stand or die on your merit. That is why most of our sons and daughters excel in public service because the internal mechanism in Igbo society prepares them for optimal performance. We are not desperately fixated on producing the president like the rest of Nigeria. Why, because we are supremely positioned to change the fortunes of Nigeria and when the opportunity arrives we shall maximise it. The Igbos live for impact and difference making.

3 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Drizhystc(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
mizBerry1: I watched the program too....see people donating huge amount of money...
chai u're cute o
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by mizBerry1(f): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Drizhystc: chai u're cute o
hmmm••thanks

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2014

be wise, Rochas donated $10m yesterday.
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by danot1030: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
maestroferddi: But you are not reasoning like an adult at all. So because Igbos want to produce a president they should condone unacceptable behaviours from those who should know better,abi? Let me speculate that it is either you are too immature to know or that you don't know jack about the Igbos. Igbos are realists and do not revel in hypocrisy and double standard. They say it as it is. In Igboland you stand or die on your merit. That is why most of our sons and daughters excel in public service because the internal mechanism in Igbo society prepares them for optimal performance. We are not desperately fixated on producing the president like the rest of Nigeria. Why, because we are supremely positioned to change the fortunes of Nigeria and when the opportunity arrives we shall maximise it. The Igbos live for impact and difference making.
even though I may not agree wit u on this subject of discuss, its obvious u did not know u are one of the people I like reading his comment, u inspire me wit ur composition skill and use of grammar but as its now u seems to be inviting insult on issues that call for mere sharing of opinion for everyone to be better educated on matters that affect our country, u are losing ur decorum. If that is the way u want it tehn I will have to give u ur pill to swallow. To the points u raised, is it true that Rochas behaviour is unacceptable or that ur like is overclowded by d demons of hate, prejudice, bias and sentiment? The demons that make u not see anytin gud in others. U need to visit mountain of fire or TB Joshua for urgent attention. U also talk of merit, does it mean that all those heroes mentioned in the post u picked me from and d several vibrant men and women from igbo did not match up to this standard that is the reason u igbos had refused them of the support they needed from u but will rather cue up behind other tribes u do not know their moral value. The way u sound u make me assume u are d only igbo dat meet up wit dis ur merit standard and u ar so irrelevant among ur people dat u culd only be known in ur immediate family circle cos as far as am concern u ar ghost on NL u have no identity. U need to be mature, wot we do here on NL does not call for hate or insulting each other, Descartes and I did not agree on these thread, he countered my comment without insulting and I laughed and roll over it, pass it over to my wife who also laugh over it, go and read my post wit his own and grow up. There is no doubt u ar qavery intelligent, wit wot I have read of ur posts u shuld go to places but hate will stop u if u don't deal wit it, my penny for u.
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Ojiofor: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
The Yoruba bastard calling ibos fools because many igbos dislike okorocha kind of amala and ewedu politics?amala and ewedu politics doesn't strive in igboland please kindly take him to southwest where he is highly loved.

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by vicadex07(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: Igbo kwuenu. Is not a surprise that d igbos does not progress, they cannot produce a candidate for presidency, they will remain to be d last class citizen, government stooge, kitchen cabinets, for one reason. Hate syndrome, not that they just nurse hate at other tribes but they nurse it among themselves. I am sure d OP and d first to comments are igbos and their post is to spite their own son, I have read on NL and many other places how they openly rubbish and abuse their dignitaries, yorubas and hausas has their own who does not also live up to expectation but they react to them with restrain, its only the igbos that will celebrate the d public humiliation of their son in the open. For instance, wot Charly Boy did to Rochas was widely celebrated by the igbos, it cannot happen in other tribe. Tinubu was not in term wit Obasanjo during his regime, despite that Obasanjo unduly victimse Tinubu administration, Tinubu still went to receive him at the airport and he prostrated for him, again wen APC was formed even though Tinubu never agree wit Obasanjo he still led APC leaders to visit Obasanjo to receive his blessings, yorubas are against Omisore today cos to an average yoruba man he drag the dignity of yorubas on the ground wen he removed the late Chief Bola Ige cap in the public, though it is an unforgivable Offence as it appears but they still go about it wit caution, Charley Boy won't dare wot he did to Rochas wit Omisore, he will attract the wrath of yorubas because to yorubas there is a line u don't cross, but for the igbos their hate has beclowded their sense of dignity, their prominent men easily lose value.

Weep not for their cause my brother...an average Igbo man values money more than integrity and that's why dey are deriding him.

Jonathan was mocking him cos he failed to Join the PDP in their looting and come around to show massive display of wealth to the masses they looted.

It is in their genes that's why they have all gathered here to mock him too for donating his hard earned money and not from the billions of dollars that we hear gets missing everyday.
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by 99100(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: Igbo kwuenu. Is not a surprise that d igbos does not progress, they cannot produce a candidate for presidency, they will remain to be d last class citizen, government stooge, kitchen cabinets, for one reason. Hate syndrome, not that they just nurse hate at other tribes but they nurse it among themselves. I am sure d OP and d first to comments are igbos and their post is to spite their own son, I have read on NL and many other places how they openly rubbish and abuse their dignitaries, yorubas and hausas has their own who does not also live up to expectation but they react to them with restrain, its only the igbos that will celebrate the d public humiliation of their son in the open. For instance, wot Charly Boy did to Rochas was widely celebrated by the igbos, it cannot happen in other tribe. Tinubu was not in term wit Obasanjo during his regime, despite that Obasanjo unduly victimse Tinubu administration, Tinubu still went to receive him at the airport and he prostrated for him, again wen APC was formed even though Tinubu never agree wit Obasanjo he still led APC leaders to visit Obasanjo to receive his blessings, yorubas are against Omisore today cos to an average yoruba man he drag the dignity of yorubas on the ground wen he removed the late Chief Bola Ige cap in the public, though it is an unforgivable Offence as it appears but they still go about it wit caution, Charley Boy won't dare wot he did to Rochas wit Omisore, he will attract the wrath of yorubas because to yorubas there is a line u don't cross, but for the igbos their hate has beclowded their sense of dignity, their prominent men easily lose value.

Well done Mr preacher.

If ur son chooses to be fooli.sh , will u support his foolishness?

Rochas has seen nothing yet. Come 2015 we shall disgrace him out of office.

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by PhockPhockMan: 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Shaaarraaaaap there, was it out of respect for leaders that lead to Wild Wild West crisis? What of Abiola's sabotage of Awolowo presidential bid? Why yorubas in nairaland are castigating and insulting Omisore, Fayose, Abati, Okupe, BodeGeorge, Buruji etc.? Did yorubas support Obasanjo in 1999, is he not their leader. Yoruba and hausas has an age long tactics of using Igbo sons and daughters to scuttle the aspirations of Ndigbo. Okadigbo against Azikiwe, Jim Nwobodo against Ekwueme, Orji Kalu against Ekwueme 2nd attempt. Igbos has learned their bitter lessons hence the resolve to wipe out all cancers like Okorocha.

4 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Descartes: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
danot1030: it only show y they cannot produce the president for this country, beside that other tribes will not accept their candidate they don't accept themselves, cases of Ekweme, Nwobodo and their revered late sage Ojukwu is a clear proof of my claim. All these had their ambition aborted due to their senseless sentiments, greed and acrimony by the very igbos.
Producing a President by a particular region, does it amount to development in that region
If you can answer such, i will give you some reasons why Ndidgo are not desperate for Presidency. cool
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by RareDiamond: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
IGBOS ARE NOT FOOLISH OR STU.PID. THEY ARE THE MOST WISE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE

1 Like

Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by ahmadbawa299: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
Me I wonder why pple bitting drums of war bears igbo names.as if dey hv forgetten how scattered dey are in nija due to the size of their area.hv they forgotten how they were eating grases and leaves from d forest. Including human in villages.hv dey now forgetten how their fathers and forefathers where killed like ant.do dey want it to repeats its self if so let dem continue they will see what they will never forget in life.God bless nija
Re: Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner by Drizhystc(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
mizBerry1: hmmm••thanks
can u send me ur digits...@olusegunfaulkner@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Branded Umbrella Spotted In China Market (photo) / Ekweremadu, Group, Others, Drum Support For Ugwuanyi's Re-election / Most Literate States in Nigeria and How they Voted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.