Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP (31012 Views)

Senate Presidency: Tinubu Bows To Pressure, Dumps Akume / PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by LordVarys: 4:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Former Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, may join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to contest the governorship election in Adamawa State, it has been learnt.

The decision followed intense pressure major stakeholders put on him to accept the party’s ticket.

Also, some extended family members, relations and associates have been asking Ribadu to use PDP as a platform to realise his governorship ambition.

Adamawa State youths, under the aegis of Concerned Youth for Good Governance, mounted pressure on Ribadu yesterday to defect to PDP for the governorship election.

A source said relations, associates and friends have been mounting pressure on Ribadu in the last two weeks to join the PDP for the governorship race.

It was gathered that some of those solicited by the PDP leadership to convince Ribadu had earned the confidence of the former EFCC chief over the years.

Some of the stakeholders were said to be so desperate that they invoked God’s name to pressurise Ribadu.

The source said: “From the look of things, Mallam Ribadu may bow to pressure to join the PDP. His inevitable choice is informed by a bigger picture of saving Adamawa State from underdevelopment.

“The PDP may appear a bitter pill to swallow but the exit of ex-Governor Murtala Nyako has weakened the All Progressives Congress (APC), with most members defecting to PDP.

“If Nyako had been around, the APC governorship ticket would have been automatic for Ribadu. But the situation in APC in Adamawa State now is that former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is now firmly in control of the party’s structure in the state. Given their antecedents, there is no way Atiku will allow Ribadu to be APC’s governorship candidate.

“Even if Atiku is forced to concede the APC ticket to Ribadu, he will win, but PDP will control the House of Assembly. We will then have a replica of the situation in Nasarawa State where Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura is at the mercy of the lawmakers.

“All these calculations make Ribadu’s defection to PDP a fait accompli. He is just waiting for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue guidelines.”

Also, youths in Adamawa State, under the aegis of Concerned Youth for Good Governance, yesterday mounted pressure on Ribadu to defect to the PDP for the governorship election.

The youths spoke at a rally and a media briefing at Lelewa Hotel in Yola, the state capital. The briefing was addressed by their chairman, Mallam Isa Toungo.

The youth leader urged the stakeholders to save Adamawa State from bad governance by giving Ribadu a chance to lead the state on the platform of the PDP.

He said: “We call on all well-meaning citizens of Adamawa State to support our crusade of saving the state from collapse.

“In a nutshell, the content of this initiative is to strengthen our corporate existence as a people of the state with historical background living together for over 200 years.

“As of now, part of the strategies to bring sanity into the state is closely related to bringing in a well-deserved person as its chief executive to steer the state out of the present mess.

“That personality should be a man of excellent moral background, proper orientation, integrity, unimpeachable character and with a good track record of service. These should be the qualities that would determine the future leadership of our state.

“It is in the light of the afore mentioned reasons and considering our present political and economic circumstance in the state that we call on Mallam Ribadu to come out and salvage our situation by agreeing to join the PDP and contest the governorship election.

“As we call stakeholders of the ruling PDP in the state, we assure him of our support and urge him to see all political parties in Nigeria as the same. So, a call to join the largest political party in Africa to bring the desired positive change to the people of Adamawa State has become necessary.

“This is more so because in the Nigerian political system, parties are only used as platforms for electoral purposes, not for ideological difference.”

Toungo also explained why Adamawa youths chose Ribadu for the PDP.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/adamawa-ribadu-may-bow-to-pressure-to-join-pdp/

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 01, 2014
Team Ribadu

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by reedbam: 5:42am On Aug 01, 2014
undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about

11 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by CharlieMaria(m): 5:45am On Aug 01, 2014
Politics,, OK continue...

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by musicwriter(m): 5:47am On Aug 01, 2014
Na Dem Dem!. And my pity goes not to politicians jumping from party to party in a blink of an eye. Rather, my pity goes to all you Nairalander's who're here insulting each other for sake of greedy, selfish, corrupt politicians who don't care about you.

So, I made this little song for you all ethnic bashers, and blind sycophants.

Listen to "Na Dem Dem" on youtube. Enjoy your electricity and good roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w

38 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by cy4(m): 5:48am On Aug 01, 2014
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Godfullsam(m): 5:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Political prostitutes

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Now all those chaps who used to knock Ribadu will be his biggest fans.

Politics is an interesting game.....

8 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by duerap: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2014
reedbam: undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about

You are absolutely correct bro, it has nothing to do with PDP, it's Ribadu people will vote.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by WIZGUY69(m): 5:51am On Aug 01, 2014
1BOS ARE THE MOST BACKWARD AND UNEXPOSED TRIBE WHEN IIT COMES TO POLITICS, IS IT NOT THE SAME RIBADU THEY WERE CRITICIZING AND INSULTING BACK IN 2011? GEJ TILL INFINITY, VOTE PDP, lol.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTHERNERS ARE THE LANDLORDS AND LANDLANDYS OF PDP. THEY WILL KEEP ON USING THE IBOS TILL THEY ARE WORN OUT.

btw, Somebody should do something about EBONYI state o.
the only tarred road there is the road leading to the GOV'T house.

54 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by jayseehe(m): 5:51am On Aug 01, 2014
I don't like PDP, but if I were from Adamawa, I will surely vote Ribadu...
he is my favourite politician

he was the one I voted for in the last presidential election, how I wish he won, we won't have a clueless president...

other Nigerians decided my fate, so I have to suffer with them

24 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by floxyluv80(f): 5:52am On Aug 01, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
reedbam: undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about
. I wonder ooo
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by basty: 5:55am On Aug 01, 2014
There is a country, a nation @ the brink of collapse. Confusions everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Gboliwe: 5:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Goodnews cool
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by QuiverBox(f): 5:55am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=reedbam] undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about[/quote

Are you saying GEJ would have won the 2011 election if he had contested on the CPC platform?

16 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by eleojo23: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2014
On a general note, it is political immaturity to think that belonging to a particular party will ensure victory. We need to put aside that mentality and think and vote objectively based on the leadership potential of the candidates and their ability to bring about the much needed change for good.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Obikes(m): 5:56am On Aug 01, 2014
Hmmmmm...wonder y he now wants to join pdp party!?
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by aryzgreat: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2014
APC KPELE!

CLUELESS ONE GIVING APC SOME CLUES ON HOW D GAME IS PLAYED.

15 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Gboliwe: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2014
duerap:

You are absolutely correct bro, it has nothing to do with PDP, it's Ribadu people will vote.
Adamawa will vote PDP over and over and over and over and over again. Having Ribadu in is even in Ribadu's interest. That one is what my pastor will term "effortless victory".

12 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by kingthreat(m): 5:57am On Aug 01, 2014
I have of the opinion that Ribadu should win the APC presidential ticket. He is a goal-getter, very intelligent and represents the future generation. We need more resolute people like him in government unlike our dull president whose achievement has been colored with mediocrity and blood of the innocent.

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by declaro(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2014
WIZGUY69: Y

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by hensben(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Nigeria poltics!!!

*unfollow thread*
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Realdeals(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Politika continua
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by ednut1(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2014
political prostitution . bunch of clowns with no party ideology. thats even if dey knw d meaning

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Barselonia(m): 6:00am On Aug 01, 2014
welcome onboard

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by James27: 6:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Pdp ko apc ni.
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by YoursGEJ(m): 6:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Nuhu Ribadu is a man of unquestionable integrity. He turned down a $50 million bribe from ibori and refused to collect a single kobo as allowance after chairing the subsidy fraud committee. The committee whose report has been dumped by a president who strongly believes that stealing is not corruption. I hate PDP and in fact all Nigerian political parties because none of them can offer what the masses need at the moment. But I won't let that hatred cloud my judgement and doubt his intentions with his decision because they can only be good.

There are only a few Nigerians that give me hope for the country that we will leave to our children and Nuhu Ribadu is one of them

15 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Innodon(m): 6:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Good luck to him

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2014
God has not remembered this country. when He does, all these stupid political games u idiots are playing with people's lives will come to a complete halt

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by olasmith10(m): 6:04am On Aug 01, 2014
niaja politics is synonyms to when a baby(politician ) handles a pen and starts writing continuously without a regular pattern on her elder siblings document (Nigeria )..

jargons politics without regular pattern..

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by darlingtonNYIG(m): 6:06am On Aug 01, 2014
WIZGUY69: 1BOS ARE THE MOST BACKWARD AND UNEXPOSED TRIBE WHEN IIT COMES TO POLITICS, IS IT NOT THE SAME RIBADU THEY WERE CRITICIZING AND INSULTING BACK IN 2011? GEJ TILL INFINITY, VOTE PDP, lol.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTHERNERS ARE THE LANDLORDS AND LANDLANDYS OF PDP. THEY WILL KEEP ON USING THE IBOS TILL THEY ARE WORN OUT.

btw, Somebody should do something about EBONYI state o.
the only tarred road there is the road leading to the GOV'T house.
come on stop typing blabs here, are such an illiterate to come online and spew rubbish. Bunch of uneducated critic who doesn't even know the art of politics talk more of governance

46 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by emiye(m): 6:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Pure gimmick.

Where in this article shows Ribadu's word or declaration?

Ribadu is in APC.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Takes Delivery Of Two Jets Loaded With Weapons / Tompolo Writes Last Letter To Buhari, Laments Harassment, Intimidation Of Family / Sadique Abubakar Commissions New Accommodation For Troops In Agatu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.