Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan (520 Views)

I’ll Lead Massive Campaign Against APC – Bode George / I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan / Oil Subsidy Removal: I’ll Lead Sng To Protest If – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday evening vowed that he would lead Nigerians to defeat the Boko Haram sect that has been unleashing terror on parts of the country.

“Fellow citizens, we will defeat terror and I will lead Nigerians to achieve this,” Jonathan declared at a fundraiser where over N60bn was raised for the Victims Support Fund.

The event held at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja was meant to raise fund to provide relief and succour for all those who have been adversely affected by terrorism and insurgency in the country.

The President said the fact that his administration set up the fund did not mean that it had accepted that terrorism had come to stay.

He said the Federal Government would not allow evil to prevail over good in the country.

He said although the country was passing through some challenging and tough times, these times would not last.

The President declared, “The fact that we are setting up a victims support fund does not mean we have accepted that terrorism is here to stay. No! Never!

“Rather, this is just one of the short-term measures on our overall strategy against the enemies of peace and progress.

“We will not allow evil to overcome good. No! We will not!! I understand perfectly that millions of Nigerians are worried about the threat of terror in our country.

“It is a new phenomenon that took us virtually unawares. I never once thought that I would, in my lifetime, hear of Nigerians strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up innocent people. We would have saw sworn that it is impossible!”

Jonathan said Nigeria would come out of the current challenges a tougher and better nation.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-lead-nigerians-to-defeat-terror-jonathan/
Re: I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan by ifekemmy(f): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Defeat indeed! For au many yrs nigerians wil hold on dis!
Re: I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan by omenka(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
The only thing you've been leading Nigeria to is Golgotha!!
Re: I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Amen. With God by our side we shall conquer.
long live Gej
Re: I’ll Lead Nigerians To Defeat Terror -jonathan by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
VOTE out Goodluck EBOLA jonathan come 2015

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: OAU Students Tongue-lash One Another Over Omisore’s Bus Donation / U S folk musicians (Henhouse)Entertain Abike Dabiri & Others With P Square Song. / Ekiti: PDP Wants APC’s Petition Struck Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.