Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To (1754 Views)

Is It Adviceable For A Mother Or Father To Wear Only Pant At Home? / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? / Mother Or Father: Who Do You Love Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by autofreak2020(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2014
Why are many people closer to their mother's families and relatives than their father's families
Are you closer to one family than the other, please share your experience regards the reason(s) why you are closer to one family than the other.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Sakeenath: 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Its always been the case in most families. Mothers always feel more comfortable and free with her family members than inlaws. Since she spends more time with the children, its just natural that the kids tend to get more sttached yo her relatives.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
In my case, most of my dad's siblings are not in Nigeria but he had his younger sister in Nigeria with an elder cousin. We aren't really close to them because they don't visit and their kids are older. More so, we used to be forced to go their forthright Sundays at some point but when we got older we refused. My dad's cousin to me was terrible as she expects us to prostrate to greet her and it was never our thing. Whenever we are going to visit, mummy will always plead that the boys should prostrate and the girls kneel down and she does same yet the woman was never satisfied. At the slightest opportunity she insults my mum saying it is because she isn't Yoruba and many more.

1 Like

Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Pavore9: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
lt is mother's side as "nwa nwa" concern! ln most cases competition/rivalry whey dey Papa side no dey get part 2! l think some people while growing up sense their father's family not being comfortable with their mothers, trust kids.

1 Like

Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by eigmaticme: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Mothers side. Dad died when I was little and his family showed her hell, took everything, growing up was a little hard.
Now I am "learning" to get along with that side of the family and its going well.
Mum is not finding it funny sha but since I no fall from tree I have to identify with them

1 Like

Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
I am not close to any side. No uncles or Aunts have ever been there for me... well... except when I was getting married.. some men showed up to contribute to the list and my dad introduced them as 'my uncles' to my greatest surprise.

1 Like

Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by beeevan: 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
None, let them face there work.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by GboyegaD(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: I am not close to any side. No uncles or Aunts have ever been there for me... well... except when I was getting married.. some men showed up to contribute to the list and my dad introduced them as 'my uncles' to my greatest surprise.

This is so funny. Perhaps they are community uncles like the yorubas will call them Iya gbo and Baba gbo.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Neither but Mum's side is better, saw my dad's brothers recently and I didn't recognize them neither did they recognize me.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Agrika: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: I am not close to any side. No uncles or Aunts have ever been there for me... well... except when I was getting married.. some men showed up to contribute to the list and my dad introduced them as 'my uncles' to my greatest surprise.
Hehehe..dnt mind those wicked village uncles
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Agrika: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
Although am more "familiar" wt my father's people...I feel more at home and at peace with my mother's people. my father's hometown is more or less like a city everybody don tear eye finish.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
I'm closer to my mum's. My dad's relatives are quite wicked.. sad
I just love being around my mum's family smiley smiley
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by bigfrancis21: 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mom's side all the way. Even my mom's own friends have shown more love and care to us than my father's relatives.

I think it's natural. You'll take your sister's kids more closer to you than your brother's kids born. You're directly related to your sister and her kids are almost as good as yours, you've always connected with your sister, and the siblings' love extends. The same way your mom's brothers and relatives all take you to be.

On my father's side, its all about competition and rivalry of who outdoes the other.
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Kanwulia: 4:18am On Aug 05, 2014
Mother's side!
They are more entertaining! kiss
Full of drama.
Father's side. . . . . TYPICAL EDO STATE!
Timid, LAZY, FAKE, BORRRRRRRING and LOCCCCCCCCAL!!!!! kiss
I AVOID THEM!!!! kiss
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Abiagirl777(f): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2014
Kanwulia: Mother's side!
They are more entertaining! kiss
Full of drama.
Father's side. . . . . TYPICAL EDO STATE!
Timid, LAZY, FAKE, BORRRRRRRING and LOCCCCCCCCAL!!!!! kiss
I AVOID THEM!!!! kiss

no wonder you dey yarn blokos evrytym,you be full blooded Edo lady.
NO WONDeR!
But NNE,take it easyoo,life na jejely,small small.IGBO ppl r de best evrywhere.just show ur husband some love.
BIKO!!!
Re: Mother Or Father's Family....which One Are You Close To by Kanwulia: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Abiagirl777:

no wonder you dey yarn blokos evrytym,you be full blooded Edo lady.
NO WONDeR!
But NNE,take it easyoo,life na jejely,small small.IGBO ppl r de best evrywhere.just show ur husband some love.
BIKO!!!

At least I dey yarn blokos every time. . . .Some pipo dey CHOP am every time.
Big difference!
Edo for life! cool
[size=20pt]EFEWEDOOOOOOOOO[/size]. . . . .Straight up OBITO!!!!! Ovbi-Agbon!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNJ57QePGSw

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do? / Describe Your MOM With One Word My Mum Is ________??? / Which One Is Preferable? Rich But Sad ? Or Poor But Happy? Choose One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.