Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years (40231 Views)

The New Ooni Of Ife Meet With OAU Sug President / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years [PICTURED] / Student Graduates, 13 Years After Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by englishmart(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
MsBaraccat: shocked shocked shocked......Toh!

that Na for your own pocket.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by adebayoggt(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
students unionism has gone down the drain now.the union in our higher institutions now knows nothing than to be doing "ASIRI ABO....BABI A LLAH" behind d politicians. mortgaging their future for a pot of porridge. naija I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
I remembered how Orji Uzor Kalu being the SUG President with Donald Duke as secretary. Fought for the right of students during the reign of Jubril Aminu as VC in Unimaid.

Look at life now, the 2 sug guys ended up being Governors.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Agrika: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
BinghiNya: awolowo's goat has a higher IQ than the network Ơ̴̴̴͡f your entire igbo race in series, Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ your useless life. Give ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ a school named after ojukwu. FYI ojukwu was a lunatic, philanderer, mass murderer, paedophile, sadist and a sissy dressed like a cowardly woman to escape obj's detention.I don't need a soothsayer to know you are an Osu, onyeberibe,onye ekwensu, onuto,anuofia kogu
What's all this
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
naijaboiy:
Naso una wicked shocked shocked

its not wickedness jare , the maximum no of years is 8, exceed that no degree for you.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
tjkadzyanju: u tink u knw book...what av u done 4d masses...shut up...shut up.

My problem with people like you is you don't take time to read n comprehend someone's post before you start quoting and saying rubbish , don't ever quote me again if you have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
Elantracey:

My problem with people like you is you don't take time to read n comprehend someone's post before you start quoting and saying rubbish , don't ever quote me again if you have nothing reasonable to say.
miss reasonable...make u waka joor.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Danhumprey: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Elantracey:

Chai! Tracy don vex o!grin
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Danhumprey: Chai! Tracy don vex o!grin

lol, I gree vex? grin
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by oduz: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
[size=28pt]KUDOS Saburi[/size]

May Your Life Inspire a Million Other Leaders of Tomorrow

The Land Is GREEN cool
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Danhumprey: 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Elantracey:

lol, I gree vex? grin
Yes!tongue
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Pokemon43(f): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
What a happy ending though it took a while delay is never denial.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by lertee(f): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
Congratulations to uncle Saburi grin grin
He has passed service age I guess.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by decatalyst(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
lovingD: Wetin concern me.......abeg make them open our great ife,make we resume,i don miss those sweet toto and my books jare

Mumu you are! Shows what ur concerns (girls, drinks etc) are. You forgot that If Ewilade didn't lead that time and died at the hands of cultist, and successive SUG president didn't pursue a student welfare agenda, you will be able to go to lecture theaters at anytime of the day as you wish? If school fees reduction weren't fought for then, you think its #100,000+ you will be paying by now? Do you know how many student were privileged to attend school as a result of relatively easy to pay school fees then?

Akinola Saburi is a true fighter!

I can't forget Olowo, 3As, Daviano my own person, Ehm Ehm, Fashuba etc

This is De Catalyst....Dept. of Political Science, 2008!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
I duff my hat to him . In fact anywhere I see him I will hug him because he was one of the people who made oau what it is today . students can go to the hostels and have decent rooms, you can go for lectures without any harassment. Someone paid the price with 13 years of his life. It takes extreme love and passion for your colleagues to do that. I am also an alumni of oau and without efforts of people like him the journey wouldn't have been memorable and smooth. Such people are rare especially in selfish and mundane country like ours. He's one of oau's hero as far as I am concerned and I am proud of him.

its just sad people don't appreciate people who sacrifice their all to make sure thousands of people go to school in conducive atmosphere. I am proud of you saburi

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Now you make me want to cry.i remember when he was summoned to court, when he was always taken to police station. I was a fresh jambito then.smh.memories just going through my mind especially when I saw him been driven off in the van with his people around motion ground.

nigeria just hates justice. They don't even give a shit about people who couldn't afford to go to school.

Now some people can pay peanuts and be a graduate all because of people like subaru.smj cry
decatalyst:

Mumu you are! Shows what ur concerns (girls, drinks etc) are. You forgot that If Ewilade didn't lead that time and died at the hands of cultist, and successive SUG president didn't pursue a student welfare agenda, you will be able to go to lecture theaters at anytime of the day as you wish? If school fees reduction weren't fought for then, you think its #100,000+ you will be paying by now? Do you know how many student were privileged to attend school as a result of relatively easy to pay school fees then?

Akinola Saburi is a true fighter!

I can't forget Olowo, 3As, Daviano my own person, Ehm Ehm, Fashuba etc

This is De Catalyst....Dept. of Political Science, 2008!

2 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
They were only practicing what they will do when they get out of campus.

fate has a way of giving back all the years lost
Dominiquez: I remembered how Orji Uzor Kalu being the SUG President with Donald Duke as secretary. Fought for the right of students during the reign of Jubril Aminu as VC.

Look at life now, the 2 sug guys ended up being Governors.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by DrGabbi(m): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
Of the greatest Ife! Great!
Ever conscious Ife! Ever Conscious!
Ever vigilant Ife! Ever Vigilant!
The voice you're listening to is the voice of Akinola Saburi, aka Malcolm X!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Debiks: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Akinola Saburi AKA Malcom X..... You are one of the dodged fighter Ife has ever known. Can't forget in a hurry 'will exam hold' 2006 struggle. Thumb up bro.... Aluta continua.....
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Debiks: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Akinola Saburi AKA Malcom X..... You are one of the dodged fighters Ife has ever known. Can't forget in a hurry 'will exam hold' 2006 struggle. Thumb up bro.... Aluta continua.....

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by evryday: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
My brother,do not let any weak personality take away your joy.Life success is not measured by how far,but rather,how well.Any man who is incapable of putting his life on the line in defence of his belief,is indeed unworthy to live.I tell you broda,do not despair,in life,1+1 is not always 2.The late Gen.Yaradua spent a fortune in pursuit of his desire to rule all of us,did he succeed?His younger one who never aspired did.Before GEJ,the Odili's,Dukes and so many others before them aspired for the presidency,today,how far?.In my state,Anambra,Ngige also emerged in a similar fashion,and so did Fashola of Lagos state and so many others.Life is indeed ruled by fate.A few may sympathize with you for being a weakling,but almost everybody will admire your strength of character and recommend you for position of authority on the grounds of dependability and reliability.You have ran a good race,you have fought a good fight,the tears are for a while,but joy cometh in the morning.Cheers broda,for you shall surely overtake because you have overcome.

3 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Henrhyme4u(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
The entity called Nigeria today was as a result of past heroes who laid their lives..
As a student it is very easy to say the word "Aluta continua" but not easy to be victorious.
Saburi don't mind some comments on NL not all that finished b4 u live better than u...
Saburi Congratulations to you Best of Bests in life is my wish for u...our pple fail to fight for freedom they fail to fight for liberty
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Appswheel(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
13years! please what grade did he graduate with? if he graduated with a first class i'll call him a great man. if with a 2.1 i still regard him as one. if with a 2.2...... i wish he had read the advise, resources provided in http://.com/resources on how to excel in tertiary institution and manage unionism, club activities etc i read it and it paid off. i recommend it to all seeking admission into tertiary institution and undergraduates.

meanwhile, i will like to know what grade the young, brave man graduated with.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Adewunmi84: PEARS??OAU stopped producing good products since it was renamed to OAU!!!no be only pear,na potato

Thanks for your observation. "peer" I hope you wouldnt make mistakes for the rest of your life.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by alphasino(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sabo Oko faborode, Oko ribadu. I salute ur courage.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by SeyeMan(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
embarassedWhich activist, forget all these boys jare. they are nothing but 'have-nothing-better-to-do-with-their-lives' people. i finished from OAU as an active journalist, and i had dealings with these dude a couple of times. all they were after is always having the school shut down. it was like an ego booster for them that 'during my own time' i closed down the school so and so number of times.

Lastly, they all wrecked with the Union with IOUs whilst preaching some communist/marxist ideology which even Russia and China have long jettisoned.
Congrats to him sha. Better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by adamawa: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
We all hail Saburi of Pace, what about Anthony Fashayo (Tony Fash), I hope he finally graduated. These guys fought for the students, I am sure Burkina spent more years than them but not because of unionism. Where is Lanre Legacy? Greatest Ife
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by lizzyOdachi: 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
@last Saburi finally leaves Ife n its wahala. Tnk God o
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by fleezytran(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
otipoju: Saburi ... I salute your courage ooo. Only that most of the people you fought for graduated 2005. Well done.

I hope DR 3A's self don graduate. As at 2005, he was already a Methuselah in the system.

Its not easy to fight for Human Rights ooo. takes a lot of sacrifice .

I still remember your campaign song as you toured the various halls of residence back then and I will sing it now to honour you:

Saburi Saburi , Ayi Ayi ooo.

Saburi Saburi , Ayi Ayi ooo.

Aluta Continua ,Victoria Ascerta.

This is the voice of Edgar Davids !

Great Ife! Dis is d voice of Akinola Saburi aka Malcom X! As a unionist I respect Saburi & Dr. 3As so much! I cannot also forget my small buh mighty friend HT Soweto!

Aluta Continua Victoria Ascerta!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by LadyH(f): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
sunnyshayne: Well thank God you graduated but those guys you were fighting for have since graduated, settled down in life and may be bosses in some places. You cannot catch up with your mates again cos 13years is no beans and I don't think you will get a medal for this.

Again wishing you well I if you think the struggle was worth it.
nna, I na ko labbish! Iwe ne wem now!!! angry angryangry
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by wolexanda(m): 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dont you know he will also made some money too over the years as students union presido o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Female UNIABUJA Undergraduate Is Missing!! Have You Seen Her? (Photos) / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew / Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.