Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years (40229 Views)

The New Ooni Of Ife Meet With OAU Sug President / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years [PICTURED] / Student Graduates, 13 Years After Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by emmygzy(m): 1:39am On Aug 04, 2014
sunnyshayne: Well thank God you graduated but those guys you were fighting for have since graduated, settled down in life and may be bosses in some places. You cannot catch up with your mates again cos 13years is no beans and I don't think you will get a medal for this.

Again wishing you well I if you think the struggle was worth it.
y wont he catch up? When Aregbesola became d governor, he was given a job cos he testified agaisnt PDP at d tribunal. And besides, lyf is not a race. Someone can hit money and achieve all wat it took someone else ten years to achieve in two months. Thats lyf for ya.

2 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by omoyankee3(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2014
I remember back in the days in oau; i started as a freshman with saburi n we were friends till i graduated. That guy was a very humble, easy going guy in person. But when it was time for aluta, he becomes a Lion.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by sisiafrika(f): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2014
massmedia: Quite shameful and disappointing...
After all the protest,aluta,opposition etc,,has OAU changed for the better... Is it not the same OAU that is on strike now...
May God punish oau student union for making me stay this long at home(am in part2,but i have spent more time @ home,than in school....

WOE TO OAU SUG(THOSE sug guyz have no future)..
may u never graduate from OAU. Serial looser like u. Spits on ur rotten-never_do_well soul.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by sisiafrika(f): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2014
Elantracey:

My problem with people like you is you don't take time to read n comprehend someone's post before you start quoting and saying rubbish , don't ever quote me again if you have nothing reasonable to say.
I used to think u have got brains. U proved me wrong. He graduated late not cos he was dumb, a xasd in which he would have been issued certificate of attendance. Read the op well and save urself from embarrassment. Stupid girl from stupid igbotic school.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2014
sisiafrika: I used to think u have got brains. U proved me wrong. He graduated late not cos he was dumb, a xasd in which he would have been issued certificate of attendance. Read the op well and save urself from embarrassment. Stupid girl from stupid igbotic school.

who mentioned he was dumb ? , I really don't understand humans , I just said he would graduate from my faculty with just certificate of attendance because the maximum years is 8 , pls next time read correctly and try to understand before you insult pple, you just did exactly what I complained of in my previous post . smh.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by sisiafrika(f): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Elantracey:

who mentioned he was dumb ? , I really don't understand humans , I just said he would graduate from my faculty with just certificate of attendance because the maximum years is 8 , pls next time read correctly and try to understand before you insult pple . smh.
u are wrong. Accept that! U are issued certificate of attendance if u are in school without breaks and progress. He was dismissed and later came back after some time. If it was consecutive 13years, he would have been issued with the cert of attendance.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2014
sisiafrika: u are wrong. Accept that! U are issued certificate of attendance if u are in school without breaks and progress. He was dismissed and later came back after some time. If it was consecutive 13years, he would have been issued with the cert of attendance.

well I am telling you now that you can't spend more than eight years in my faculty in my school and graduate with a degree.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by walexsho(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
ℓ salute You , You are the Oga at the Top. He has made his mark. Are we sure those that Graduated before are employed or ahead of him? The Journey destined to cover within 4hrs, one will never spend more or less than the Duration. See You at the top!!!

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by SenatorJames(m): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
oluwadanie1: When Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife former Student Union Government (SUG) President, Akinola Saburi was admitted in the year 2000, he had no feeling that he would not graduate on a record time.

His involvement in campus activism was what held him on campus for additional eight years.All started in 2003 when he was elected as the Secretary General of the students’ union and along the line, he became an acting president of the union when the incumbent president, Akinkunmi Olawoyin, was sick and could not perform his official duties again.

Saburi’s administration was said to be in constant face-off with the school authority on issues bordering on students’ welfare.

The union, according to investigations, always demanded from the authority to put things like accommodation problem, high tuition fee, overcrowded lecture rooms and hostels as well as policies they considered oppressive in the right perspective so as to make their studentship a worthwhile experience.

And at a time when there was no positive response, the students embarked on protests and the management fingered 13 of them as ring leaders including Saburi and consequently expelled them from school.

The students challenged their expulsion at the Federal High Court in Osogbo, Osun State, and the court ordered their reinstatement pending its judgment.

“But when we got back to school, we were advised to plead with the authority to reinstate us fully and this was granted on the condition that we must withdraw the case from the court,” Saburi, from Yewa North Local Government area of Ogun State, recalled. And after the pardon, according to him, some of them bowed out of unionism but Saburi and a few others did not.

Read full story here http://acadaloaded./2014/08/02/former-oau-sug-president-graduates-after-13years/
May the Lord bless you sir, to make impact as a unionist demand lots of commitment and sacrifice. For those concluding that his mates that had graduated 8years ago will be successful than him are really making a wrong judgement. Its the Lord that maketh rich without adding sorrow and the destiny of those he fought for will back him to have rapid success.

Aluta continua.......... (as a former unionist)

Ruggedity for life.......... (as a former Jesus corper)

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Fourwinds:
pple like u will never be grateful to sacrifice made by activist dats y u will continue to live in a messed up country like Nigeria. didn't u see what Mandela did for his own country.? selfish person. I'm grateful to him even though I spent seven yrs in dat school(O A U). 2007 was my last struggle in d school

which stupid school struggle are you talking of

You guyz need to get a life....

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Fourwinds:
pple like u will never be grateful to sacrifice made by activist dats y u will continue to live in a messed up country like Nigeria. didn't u see what Mandela did for his own country.? selfish person. I'm grateful to him even though I spent seven yrs in dat school(O A U). 2007 was my last struggle in d school

FYI,,oau sug are not activists,,,they are the one's that waste one time in school

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
sisiafrika: may u never graduate from OAU. Serial looser like u. Spits on ur rotten-never_do_well soul.

there is nothing prestigious about OAU again,,,it just has a better yesterday...
FYI have gained scholarship to study @ massachusets state university(USA),,,and by God's grace i shall graduate in flying colours...

am a graduate already

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Fourwinds:

ode,mumu, wetin concern Mandela with OAU,,,wen OAU turn country??

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
massmedia:

which stupid school struggle are you talking of

You guyz need to get a life....
remain where u are den..d world is passing u by

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
massmedia:

ode,mumu, wetin concern Mandela with OAU,,,wen OAU turn country??
chicken brain...Rome was never built in a day..it started gradually..ok

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
massmedia:

FYI,,oau sug are not activists,,,they are the one's that waste one time in school
y not go to private university and pay d exorbitant fees and graduate in four years. u have an option pls

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Fourwinds:

dude,,have been observing you,,you seem to be very active on nairaland....
I guess you are JOBLESS,(imagin afta graduating since 2007)

mind your business,,am jez here voicing my mind,,,and not engaging in e-insult like you,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
massmedia:

dude,,have been observing you,,you seem to be very active on nairaland....
I guess you are JOBLESS,(imagin afta graduating since 2007)

mind your business,,am jez here voicing my mind,,,and not engaging in e-insult like you,,
I can see u are spiritually inclined to know dat I'm jobless. keep watching. d truth must be told

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Fourwinds:
I can see u are spiritually inclined to know dat I'm jobless. keep watching. d truth must be told

werey,,,,why you dey ontop my matter??(mofo's)..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2014
massmedia:

now who is e-insult here. u started it. instead of focusing on d matter u resulted to insult. I can see u are immature and unstable. pick up historic books and read. u will learn a lot to help u behave. I wonder y history is no longer taught in most schools.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Fourwinds:

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by massmedia: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Fourwinds:
now who is e-insult here. u started it. instead of focusing on d matter u resulted to insult. I can see u are immature and unstable. pick up historic books and read. u will learn a lot to help u behave. I wonder y history is no longer taught in most schools.

ohhhhh...was HISTORY the course you studied in Oau??

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
massmedia:

ohhhhh...was HISTORY the course you studied in Oau??
for ur imformation., I'm not narrow minded ok. I waa a student of a deparment in while house. so dat does not mean I can not lay my hands on oda books outside my field

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by fleezytran(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2014
Fourwinds:
for ur imformation., I'm not narrow minded ok. I waa a student of a deparment in while house. so dat does not mean I can not lay my hands on oda books outside my field

Fourwind, u need not trade words with all diz peepz frm poly ede, they don't know what OAU or even White house means! Moreso, most of dem are jst being jealous cos dey could nt get into the great citadel of learning for great minds!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2014
fleezytran:

Fourwind, u need not trade words with all diz peepz frm poly ede, they don't know what OAU or even White house means! Moreso, most of dem are jst being jealous cos dey could nt get into the great citadel of learning for great minds!
thanks bros. I get inspired by great minds not weak minds whose primary purpose is to rush thru school.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Fourwinds: 8:08am On Aug 19, 2014
fleezytran:

thanks bros. I get inspired by great minds not weak minds whose primary purpose is to rush thru school. I see dem as OMO MUMMY
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by bamidbamid: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sabur baba.... abeg forgive me... I just dey see dis thread..... d sky is ur limit... SABURI SABURI SABURI Ayiyayi o,, SABURI SABURI SABURI Ayiyayi o... . For dose of u political miscreants (weda na apc abi na pdp)in the house, ur days of jeopardizing ur generations future for just a piece of cake will soon be over..
the change we cry for will come through one of OAU's uncompromising Ex students or activists.
long live OAU's ever gallant ex-activists,
Long live SABURI,
(+, I can't forget d last day I was leaving ife finally. . I cried)
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Ralph30: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Petroleum Engineering , Natural and environmental science students check out this project topic and material

Waste Management and Control in the Petroleum Industry
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/waste-management-control-petroleum-industry/

Click www.uniprojectsearch.com to see project, thesis topics and materials in your own department

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions At FUTO When Their Resumption Date Was Announced / This Female UNIABUJA Undergraduate Is Missing!! Have You Seen Her? (Photos) / Some Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.