Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,490 members, 7,865,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 (4109 Views)

PDP Will Dislodge Burhari From Aso Rock – Ebenezer Babatope / Troops Dislodge Bokoharam Terrorists From Kerenowa And Chikun Gudu / Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by PriceOfGarri(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2014
trillville: If APC makes the mistake of fielding any northerner, be it Buhari, kwankwaso or whoever, gej will surely get 25 percent votes in all states of the federation and win the election in a landslide.

PDP wants this election to be based on religion and ethnicity, cos they can't win an election based on competency. Picking a northern Muslim candidate plays right into gej plans for re-election, cos all he'll campaign about is the born to rule northerner vs moderate Christian shoeless southerner.

I have lived most of my life in northern Nigeria, and I can say for a fact that if Fashola is given the presidential ticket, he will get more votes from northerners in general than Buhari will get. Do you think the average talakawa will vote for Gej over fashola?

Forget all the talk that fashola is not popular. Everyone knows he is competent and would vote for him, he even looks presidential. When kwankwaso, started his tenure, he went to Lagos to receive coaching from fashola even though kwankwaso was a member of PDP at that time.

Even our Igbo brothers and sisters ( at least the educated ones) would vote for fashola. Who doesn't know gej is incompetent. Do you think that they do not want Nigeria to get better?

If tinubu has zoned the presidency to the north, if he is interested in APC winning the presidency, he should kindly select fashola as the candidate.

No more zoning, let the most competent person be the candidate.

Fantastic! Exactly what I said on d first page, but the OP called me a pdp member.

Anyway, elections in Nigeria have shown us that what happens in reality is grossly different from what happens in d electronic media.

It still beats my imagination why apc can't unanimously give Fashola their ticket. Anyday, anytime, Fashola is obviously more capable than the candidature of GEJ.

Since they (apc) know they have NE and NW as their strng holds, what stops them from using a moderate southern muslim candidate to rake d southern votes? Must it be an extremist muslim?

It's actually less than a year!

NB: I am not a partisan. I don't belong to any party. I don't support any party. But for now, am supporting GEJ!

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by DOMINUSCREDO: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2014
PriceOfGarri:

Fantastic! Exactly what I said on d first page, but the OP called me a pdp member.

Anyway, elections in Nigeria have shown us that what happens in reality is grossly different from what happens in d electronic media.

It still beats my imagination why apc can't unanimously give Fashola their ticket. Anyday, anytime, Fashola is obviously more capable than the candidature of GEJ.

Since they (apc) know they have NE and NW as their strng holds, what stops them from using a moderate southern muslim candidate to rake d southern votes? Must it be an extremist muslim?

NB: I am not a partisan. I don't belong to any party. I don't support any party. But for now, am supporting GEJ!

Guy apc is a brand name formed to return power to north.

If they are credible and progressive why not field their best candidate fashola/oshio or Fashola/rochas why must it be north first?

A party that consist of power mongers ex pdps and you expect progressive from them.
Only a mad man will see good in apc brand now

Till then 2011 will be a joke to 2015

Gej till buhari becomes an ifa priest

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2014
I have noticed that Nairaland's finests are usually Progressive members. They are very intelligent, proactive with excellent analytical thinking.
Thumbs up...

2 Likes

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2014
trillville:
I guess you must be based in the southern part of the country so you do not understand the issues of terrorism we are currently facing up north.
Would you vote in a person sworn to protect you against an attacker, but fails to protect you or the person who is attacking you.
If APC makes the error of picking a northerner, the election will no longer be about gej vs Buhari or kwankwaso
but will be about north vs south
Muslim vs Christian
Extremist vs moderate.
The north is not all Hausa Fulani and Kanuri (core northerners), but with all honesty they are the largest voting block in the north. Bear in mind that most minority groups up north consist of both Christians and Muslims, and the Muslims in these minority populations do not really vote along the lines of the core northerners but vote along tribal lines.
In 2011, many minority groups from Borno to Kebbi voted for Buhari. There was relative peace between the cores and minorities because we did not have terrorist killing people rampantly.
Today the story has completely changed. Lying down on my bed one a Sunday morning, the fear that rips through my heart as I type boko haram. The constant knowledge that today might just be my last. An imperfect knowledge of what is even really going on. The inability to decipher ones friend from foe. You have no idea what it's like to live in the north.
Back to the topic, I have always liked Buhari and I believe he would transform Nigeria if he were given the chance. I believe I will personally benefit from a Kwankwaso presidency, but I just can not see any core northerner winning in 2015.
APC should make the election about competency and not religion and ethnicity.
Many northerners voted for MKO Abiola in '93 against their very own TOFA. Abiola was popular and he was voted for. Fashola is extremely popular up north. Trust me.
PriceOfGarri:
DOMINUSCREDO:
Guy apc is a brand name formed to return power to north.
If they are credible and progressive why not field their best candidate fashola/oshio or Fashola/rochas why must it be north first?
A party that consist of power mongers ex pdps and you expect progressive from them.
Only a mad man will see good in apc brand now
Till then 2011 will be a joke to 2015
Gej till buhari becomes an ifa priest
With these fantastic analysts in PDP, the road to Aso Rocck is even easier for APC. I strongly hope that the Presidency and PDP policy makers share the sentiment of these posters. A super landslide victory will be sweet!!!

APC!!
Change
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by DOMINUSCREDO: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: With these fantastic analysts in PDP, the road to Aso Rocck is even easier for APC. I strongly hope that the Presidency and PDP policy makers share the sentiment of these posters. A super landslide victory will be sweet!!!

APC!!
Change

Ok dude dream on

Last time i checked analysis doesn't win elections but an average Nigerian vote does

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by HappyJoe: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2014
Is it the same Kwankwaso that:

1. Used his "Islamic police" to destroy N48 million worth of beer?
2. Used his "Islamic police" to jail people for 4 months for "drinking alkohol during Ramadan"?
3. Used his "Islamic police" to punish people for having "un-Islamik hairstyles"?

I doubt he'll get a single vote in Benue, talk less the South.

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2014
harde2lah: I have noticed that Nairaland's finests are usually Progressive members. They are very intelligent, proactive with excellent analytical thinking.
Thumbs up...
The PDP by default doesn't welcome intelligent folks and critical thinkers. They rather have praise-singers, internet trolls and butt-lickers.

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2014
trillville: If APC makes the mistake of fielding any northerner, be it Buhari, kwankwaso or whoever, gej will surely get 25 percent votes in all states of the federation and win the election in a landslide.

PDP wants this election to be based on religion and ethnicity, cos they can't win an election based on competency. Picking a northern Muslim candidate plays right into gej plans for re-election, cos all he'll campaign about is the born to rule northerner vs moderate Christian shoeless southerner.

I have lived most of my life in northern Nigeria, and I can say for a fact that if Fashola is given the presidential ticket, he will get more votes from northerners in general than Buhari will get. Do you think the average talakawa will vote for Gej over fashola?

Forget all the talk that fashola is not popular. Everyone knows he is competent and would vote for him, he even looks presidential. When kwankwaso, started his tenure, he went to Lagos to receive coaching from fashola even though kwankwaso was a member of PDP at that time.

Even our Igbo brothers and sisters ( at least the educated ones) would vote for fashola. Who doesn't know gej is incompetent. Do you think that they do not want Nigeria to get better?

If tinubu has zoned the presidency to the north, if he is interested in APC winning the presidency, he should kindly select fashola as the candidate.

No more zoning, let the most competent person be the candidate.

You've made some useful contributuions. Unfortunately, Nigerians do not see things the way you see it. We have divided already along ethno-religious lines. Between, Tinubu is not the only influential member of APC; this opinion of yours no matter how reasonable it may sound will not go down well with the Northern chieftans of APC and it may lead to the demise of APC.

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: very funny analysis. It defies logic
I don't think so The Northerners have proven track of bad leadership, hence the reason for the hate
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2014
UncannyGenius: Keep on daydreaming, terrorist party (APC). You are wasting your time. You will never see support in Ala Ndi Igbo because if you step a foot in Igboland, we will lynch you bastards. YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!!
You've been heard, now bounce off.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2014
HappyJoe: Is it the same Kwankwaso that:

1. Used his "Islamic police" to destroy N48 million worth of beer?
2. Used his "Islamic police" to jail people for 4 months for "drinking alkohol during Ramadan"?
3. Used his "Islamic police" to punish people for having "un-Islamik hairstyles"?

I doubt he'll get a single vote in Benue, talk less the South.
Trying so hard to discredit Kwankwaso, but sadly you have no point. If you have any problem with the Islamic law that operates in Northern States, please approach the court rather than break an existing law that was in existence since early 2000s. If you are smart you will know that some laws are local as long as it does not infringe on the fundamental human right as enshrined in the UN and AU charter. US allies Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait etc all operate full blown Islamic Laws. Just as Nigeria proscribed Homosexuality while USA allows it. Does that mean Nigeria is mean? No, because some laws are "local". So you can drink in your house and no one will disturb you

Yes, it is the same Kwankwaso that spends a whopping 75% of state budget on Capital Expenditure. It is the same Kwankwaso that sacked 5 Directors for corruption and assisted EFCC to Prosecute and convict them. It is the same Kwankwaso ooo!!
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2014
harde2lah:
I don't think so The Northerners have proven track of bad leadership, hence the reason for the hate
and our past southern leaders have track record of good leadership? Is it Obasanjo, Ironsi, Shonekan or Jonathan? Man its not about tribe. PdP can play the tribal card, they are free to do so. APC will be more concerned with a winning formula...

Btw: the tribal card is becoming stale. It doesn't work for some people. If Jonathan had performed the story would have been different.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: and our past southern leaders have track record of good leadership? Is it Obasanjo, Ironsi, Shonekan or Jonathan? Man its not about tribe. PdP can play the tribal card, they are free to do so. APC will be more concerned with a winning formula...

Btw: the tribal card is becoming stale. It doesn't work for some people. If Jonathan had performed the story would have been different.
I undestand. The question is: Is Buhari, Kwankwaso, Atiku acceptable to an average Nigerian? I can boldly tell you from my observation that even APC is not sure of winning in the SW. Not because Jonathan has performed well but because they do not see Buhari or Kwankwaso as a good alternative. Many might not even vote.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by PriceOfGarri(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2014
harde2lah:
I undestand. The question is: Is Buhari, Kwankwaso, Atiku acceptable to an average Nigerian? I can boldly tell you from my observation that even APC is not sure of winning in the SW. Not because Jonathan has performed well but because they do not see Buhari or Kwankwaso as a good alternative. Many might not even vote.

God bless you.
That's d hard truth the op is avoiding. Even an average yoruba person who is not partisan will NEVER vote for buhari, atiku or kwankwanso. This is NOT because GEJ has been excellent, but because they also see these guys as power-toxic agents.

Again, forget internet crusade, I live by reality. I've seen reservations people have for these men.

As someone who supports Jonathan, I pray apc gives any of those men their ticket.

But as someone who cares about Nigeria our country, Fashola gets my votes if he contests against GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Thanks for your brilliant opinion comrade! However, we need to be pragmatic in 2015. No time to experiment with candidates, given the nature and brutal way PDP does campaign. So what do we need to do or should be discussing is:

Who can bring about 15Million Votes from the North to neutralize the anticipated riggings by PDP in the South East and South South?

Who can bring in Six million votes from South West as a Vice presidential Candidate?

From the foregoing, I don't believe in Primaries, rather let the party think tank come out with candidates that can satisfy the above conditions.

Forget about the South East and SS, even if you presented Jesus Christ against jonathan their messiah, they would still vote the clueless drunkard! APC, Should NOT put them into considerations when picking candidates, as they can still be compensated with A Senate President Seat and by 2023, hand over to an Igbo man!

Remember, No Sane Person, would vote for jonathan in the North and South West, given the present sentiment echoing around the 2zones! So we are definitely going to witness the most noticeable ethnic electioneering in 2015.

Shalom! Sorry I don't have time to reply mentions these nights!
well said, i don't believe in primaries either. Pdp primaries created/strengthened boko haram.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2014
trillville:

PDP wants this election to be based on religion and ethnicity,

let them play the religious card and watch it backfire. They tried it with Aregbesola in osun, to their surprise, Christian leaders are backing Aregbesola. This will be their fate in 2015,let them play their religious card. Buhari/fashola or oshiomole.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2014
PriceOfGarri:

God bless you.
That's d hard truth the op is avoiding. Even an average yoruba person who is not partisan will NEVER vote for buhari, atiku or kwankwanso. This is NOT because GEJ has been excellent, but because they also see these guys as power-toxic agents.

Again, forget internet crusade, I live by reality. I've seen reservations people have for these men.

As someone who supports Jonathan, I pray apc gives any of those men their ticket.

But as someone who cares about Nigeria our country, Fashola gets my votes if he contests against GEJ.
PDP and APC as we speak, both have 50% stakes in the SW as far 2015 election is concerned. It now depends on who outsmart who. As an APC supporter, I strongly wish they get it right.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2014
trillville: People vote for the president and not the vice, fashola being the vp wouldn't necessarily pull the amount of votes he will get if he is the presidential candidate.

Most moderate Muslims in the north and a majority of Christian minorities will not vote for any northerner because of boko haram.
yeah they will vote gej to continue watching boko haram kill them.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: and our past southern leaders have track record of good leadership? Is it Obasanjo, Ironsi, Shonekan or Jonathan? Man its not about tribe. PdP can play the tribal card, they are free to do so. APC will be more concerned with a winning formula...

Bro, the tribal card is still working oo. No be Nigeria we dey. The few people that the tribal card is not working on fall under the category of those who will not come out under the scorching heat of the sun to cast their vote.

5 Likes

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2014
APC e-goats dreaming since 1804. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
let them play the religious card and watch it backfire. They tried it with Aregbesola in osun, to their surprise, Christian leaders are backing Aregbesola. This will be their fate in 2015,let them play their religious card. Buhari/fashola or oshiomole.
You see PDP has no ace up their sleeves. I am laughing @ the two posters above you saying SW don't luv "Kwakwaso" and "Buhari". They think SW love Jonathan and Sambo. The ethicity and religious card worked in 2011 but..let's see 2015. I decided to stop responding to them because they keep repeating same lines. Buhari or Kwankwaso will be fine. Fashola, Utomi, Amaechi or Rochas as vice will be splendid. Oshiomole being vice won't be feasible because Edo has produced Nat. Chair of APC.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2014
Sincere9gerian: APC e-goats dreaming since 1804. Nonsense!
this is the Best PDP tink-tank led by Sincere9gerian can think of.

Cluelessness @ its peak
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: You see PDP has no ace up their sleeves. I am laughing @ the two posters above you saying SW don't luv "Kwakwaso" and "Buhari". They think SW love Jonathan and Sambo. The ethicity and religious card worked in 2011 but..let's see 2015. I decided to stop responding to them because they keep repeating same lines. Buhari or Kwankwaso will be fine. Fashola, Utomi, Amaechi or Rochas as vice will be splendid. Oshiomole being vice won't be feasible because Edo has produced Nat. Chair of APC.
you right about edo,

2 Likes

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Mogidi: 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Picture of [size=13pt]General Magani Buruntashi Buhari[/size], leader of the supporters of APC.

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Mogidi: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
you right about edo,

I believe you're also right, majority of Edo people will never vote a supporter of APC even if Oshiomhole was made the APC flag bearer. We just hate supporters of APC, its in our blood.

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by trillville(m): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
harde2lah:
You've made some useful contributuions. Unfortunately, Nigerians do not see things the way you see it. We have divided already along ethno-religious lines. Between, Tinubu is not the only influential member of APC; this opinion of yours no matter how reasonable it may sound will not go down well with the Northern chieftans of APC and it may lead to the demise of APC.

There is only one northern chieftain in APC that matters and that's Buhari. If Buhari had supported Ribadu in 2011, Maybe ribadu may have won that election. Buhari needs to realise that he is in the exact same situation.

I'm simply giving my honest opinion. I don't know it all and I will be very glad to see anyone but gej elected as president at this point. I just can't see a core northerner winning. That's all
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Itoroetti(m): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
whatlyf: my handle barcanista will also be released 2mrw by 12pm
Omimah: Let me tag my main handle, OrlandoOwoh so as to take full part in this discourse by the time I'm released by Ikenna by 6:39AM tomorrow. Barcanista, I welcome you to the fold of the
progressives

no wonder u guys love creating hundreds of monikers on per seconds billing,but let me inform u,nairaland likes doesnt determine vote,if in doubt,ask fayemi's nairaland's campaigners.
i pray u guys dont hack nairaland again after august 9
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Itoroetti:

no wonder u guys love creating hundreds of monikers on per seconds billing,but let me inform u,nairaland likes doesnt determine vote,if in doubt,ask fayemi's nairaland's campaigners.
i pray u guys dont hack nairaland again after august 9
if you are not a dunce, you will check to see that whatlyf was registered in 2010 and barcanista may 1st, 2013. I registered barcanista because it was my nick and brand name. If barcanista had not been banned, whatlyf will be in d shadow.pls get a life and hide in shame if you av nothing to contribute. Nonsense
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by viczing(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
apc are noise makers, they can bark but can not bite.

1 Like

Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by Plus10(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
If apc is not a northern agenda to win power to the north why are they always interested in presenting a presidential candidate from the north? Does it mean that there is no competent candidate from the south?
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by co2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
The only way I see the APC winning is if they put their best foot in to the race n their best foot are southerners that's d truth. I personally don't see a northerner winning 2015. All the talk of APC having the SW and the SE and SS don't matter is all a fallacy. Remember the SE and SS native are all over the country n they form a large voting block.
Re: HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 by emiye(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
It will be a close contest in 2015, if it stays at Jonathan vs Buhari.

in 2011, Jonathan vs Buhari was like this

SW 58% of votes 5% of votes (poor voters turnout=33%)
SE 97% of votes 0.9% of votes (above average voters turnout= 66%)
SS 95% of votes 0,4% of votes (above average voters turnout= 68%)
NE 35% of votes 58% of votes (average voters turnout= 54%)
NC 62% of votes 31% of votes (below average voters turnout= 46%)
NW 33% of votes 60% of votes( average voters turnout= 53%)

In 2015
SE /SS is a lost cause for APC, most especially the SE, the APC will need to strive to mobilise its members enmasse to come out and vote and with party agents at polling booths ensure votes are not inflated at polling booths .
If the APC does its homework well it can get roughly 7-10% of the votes from SS, and 2-4% of the votes from SE.

NE. No thanks to insurgency, voters turnout might be low, or in some places, no voting. Adamawa and Taraba will be APC's weakest link in the region, If Ribadu's gets APC gubernatorial ticket and wins the adamawa bye election in 3 months time, then only Taraba will be the weakest link. APC stronger platform will be of help in 2015, and it can get at least 70% of votes in this region.

NW. For me, this is the biggest opportunity zone for APC and not the SW zone, as such more attention should be focused in this zone.

The campaigns must be massive and mobilisation needs to be great for improved voters turnout, with that a 75 -80% of votes is feasible.

NC : weakest link looks like Plateau and Benue state. States needing massive campaign kwara, kogi and maybe Nassarawa.
APC should get 45 -50% of votes in this region.

SW: This region is dicey, a vice presidential candidate from the region will boost the chances of APC. Buhari candidacy will be entertained with mixed reactions, a fashola candidacy as running mate will improve voters turnout. Since, APC still has stronghold within 4 states in this region, it will not do badly, but i doubt, it will soar, as some will expect.

APC should get 55% -60% of votes in this region.

Overall results: APC should win on total votes cast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo's Church Divided Over Prayer For President Jonathan / I Have Forgiven Nairalanders For The Insults - Cramjones / Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.