Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters (4024 Views)

IPOB Rejects Arewa Youths’ Quit Notice Withdrawal, Asks All Igbos To Return / Hausa Audio: Kill All Igbos In North From October 1. Don't Touch Yorubas - Deji / APC And PDP Supporters Parked Their Cars In Church In Benin Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Kingsley1000(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2015
Amid the speculations that pdp is planning to zone their2019 precidential candidate to the north...we all know that most the party faithfuls and majority of the party members are igbos,the nucleus of the party is southeasters,,,taking cognizance of the fact that we despise apc,they don't have much supporters here....what if apc decides to zone theirS to south east(perhaps to okorocha or ngige)as an igbo man(or pdp supporter),would you rather vote for pdp and why would you do that?

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by donTbone(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2015
cool
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by lanrehamd: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2015
cool cool cool
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Tallesty1(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2015
I don't like "What If"

5 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2015
I'll vote my Governor Rochas...

I ain't a tribalist, But I'll love to see an Igbo President

Is PDP an Igbo Party? Why did OBJ in 2007 pick a SouthSouth Dude as VP Leaving all Igbo candidates behind?

Even in 2019 I won't be surprised if PDP presents a Northern President and a VP from SS/SW....

5 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by alcatraz002: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:
I'll vote my Governor Rochas...

I ain't a tribalist, But I'll love to see an Igbo President

Do you honestly feel an igbo president is achievable? How would you canvass the Hausa's and Yorubas you hate so much? please I need an answer devoid of insults.Thanks.

12 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2015
alcatraz002:

Do you honestly feel an igbo president is achievable? How would you canvass the Hausa's and Yorubas you hate so much? please I need an answer devoid of insults.Thanks.

Very Simple Rochas Has a Strong following in the north than any current Igbo candidate Alive, If Rochas can strike an accord with SW gurus e.g Tinubu,OBJ and also gain 90% votes in South South I think it's feasible..

But,
1) I'm not too sure if SouthSouth will give an Igbo President the kind of support we gave them in 2015,
2) Lol I don't know if the Yorubas will trust an Igbo President.. (Tho the hatred might just be online tho)

well it all depends...My opinion tho

3 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Kingsley1000(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2015
alcatraz002:

we're just assuming,and who said igbo presidency isnt achievable?as it stands now,i dont think buhari will continue after 2019,he's feeble and old....another 2nd in rank in apc is ROCHAS,so it's under probability
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
With the way Nigeria is and where it's heading to, no fücking Igbo man in his right senses will give a fûck about partisan politics(in federal level), and and who becomes president in 2019.
Most of the fools you see crying about ministerial appointments are those lazy ones that have only enriched themselves and their families through loopholes in the government.

Sensible people like me want to see a better grassroot government over federal appointments and governance. I really care more about my state's wellbeing than Nigeria.. as far as I'm concerned, Nigeria central politics can go to hell and I wish to see the Igbo nation govern itself one day, hence I pray Igbo man never becomes president in this country (it's of no tangible benefit).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by alcatraz002: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Very Simple Rochas Has a Strong following in the north than any current Igbo candidate Alive, If Rochas can strike an accord with SW gurus e.g Tinubu,OBJ and also gain 90% votes in South South I think it's feasible..

But,
1) I'm not too sure if SouthSouth will give an Igbo President the kind of support we gave them in 2015,
2) Lol I don't know if the Yorubas will trust an Igbo President.. (Tho the hatred might just be online tho)

Thank you for not insulting me. Please I have another question for you. Do you honestly think the hatred between Igbo and Yoruba is just online?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by hakeem4(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2015
APC all the time

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by lanrehamd: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2015
in my opinion, if Buhari is recontesting in 2019, PDP will have no choice than to zone theirs to the North also, even with that. PDP chances is slimmer. But if Buhari is not going beyond 2019, PDP might think outside Northern presidency. Even with this. PDP is still in a sorry state.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

But,

Rochas is a dead case!
He's hated by majority of Igbos, how is this majority going to put behind their hatred for Rochas to see him become president of Nigeria and benefit nothing from it?

I laugh really hard when people talk of Rochas running for 2019 presidency. It actually means that you all think that an Hausa man will ignore his brother, Mohammed to vote for an Okorocha who has been repeatedly denied by his people.

Igbo President is just a mirage, we can do more building our region or better still agitate for a country of our own where you and I and Okorocha have a realistic chance of being a president.

8 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2015
alcatraz002:

Thank you for not insulting me. Please I have another question for you. Do you honestly think the hatred between Igbo and Yoruba is just online?

I think it's online Bro.. Most Nairalanders here are kids and sorry to say unemployed youths/ Party Online agents who just go about creating various hate threads. eg Most companies, Banks,Factories in major cities how many times have you seen Igbo and Yoruba colleagues insulting themselves, Igbos work in Yoruba owned companies (Honeywell, Zenon Oil, Obat Petroleum etc) and Yorubas work in Igbo Owned Companies (GreenLife,Coscharis, Emzor, Orange Drugs) and cooperation goes on and on...The Recent Sack of workers by Lacasera company, Did you see the yoruba workers protesting differently From the Igbo workers?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
Rochas is a dead case!
He's hated by majority of Igbos, how is this majority going to put behind their hatred for Rochas to see him become president of Nigeria and benefit nothing from it?

I laugh really hard when people talk of Rochas running for 2019 presidency. It actually means that you all think that an Hausa man will ignore his brother, Mohammed to vote for an Okorocha who has been repeatedly denied by his people.

Igbo President is just a mirage, we can do more building our region or better still agitate for a country of our own where you and I and Okorocha have a realistic chance of being a president.

lol I understand your point Bro, But I still think Rochas is the only Igbo right now that can pull more votes outside Southeastern region tho...well let's watch how 2019 will look like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by brize(m): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2015
@Op PDP is not an igbo party we only supported Jonathan because we saw many attributes of a great democrat in him more than our past leaders(so you guys should stop painting PDP as if igbos are championing their cause) and whether Okorocha or ngige is presented as APC presidential candidate we dont care, we dont vote along tribal line ok.... Okorocha as a governor and Ngige if appointed as a minister has great opportunity to showcase their worth and creativity if they fail and APC still insisted to bring them out as their candidate then let them be ready for a shocker.......... If PDP or APGA or any other party presents a more promising candidate that can lead the country then who are we to vote incompetent fellow who didnt show creativity in his little assignment to a bigger post........ Igbos are democrats and republicans even before the white man came..........and before we continue to discuss this, Also pray that Biafra is not achieved before then...

5 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2015
lanrehamd:
in my opinion, if Buhari is recontesting in 2019, PDP will have no choice than to zone theirs to the North also, even with that. PDP chances is slimmer. But if Buhari is not going beyond 2019, PDP might think outside Northern presidency. Even with this. PDP is still in a sorry state.

Exactly if Buhari decides to recontest in 2019 I don't see him loosing at all, PDP has to build up for 2023
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

lol I understand your point Bro, But I still think Rochas is the only Igbo right now that can pull more votes outside Southeastern region tho...well let's watch how 2019 will look like
How can someone who can't pull a vote in his region pull votes in other regions?
I'm Igbo and I know our problem politically and otherwise, dunno if you're Igbo but if you're, unless you realise that Igbos are on their own in Nigeria political sphere, you'll keep thinking Igbos have a realistic shot at the presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by BALLOSKI: 11:26am On Oct 02, 2015
PDP is a party created by northerners, you 'land-grabbers' should face your APGA. PDP just gave caeser what belongs to Caesar. North owns pdp- take it or leave it.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by LordMecuzy(m): 11:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
How can someone who can't pull a vote in his region pull votes in other regions?
I'm Igbo and I know our problem politically and otherwise, dunno if you're Igbo but if you're, unless you realise that Igbos are on their own in Nigeria political sphere, you'll keep thinking Igbos have a realistic shot at the presidency.

I'm Igbo tho I'm based in the north, Why do you think Igbos are on their own?
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by BALLOSKI: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
until the learn that a tree standing alone can't make a forest, then they can produce the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
until the learn that a tree standing alone can't make a forest, then they can produce the president of Nigeria.
What do you mean?
We should go about leaking people's arse just to produce a president in this country?

I assume your region has produced a president in the past, please how did it impact your people positively?

6 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by BALLOSKI: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2015
hakeem4:
APC all the time
Apc till 2060.

4 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by alcatraz002: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

I think it's online Bro.. Most Nairalanders here are kids and sorry to say unemployed youths/ Party Online agents who just go about creating various hate threads. eg Most companies, Banks,Factories in major cities how many times have you seen Igbo and Yoruba colleagues insulting themselves, Igbos work in Yoruba owned companies (Honeywell, Zenon Oil, Obat Petroleum etc) and Yorubas work in Igbo Owned Companies (GreenLife,Coscharis, Emzor, Orange Drugs) and cooperation goes on and on...The Recent Sack of workers by Lacasera company, Did you see the yoruba workers protesting differently From the Igbo workers?

I beg to differ bro, 1st of all I don't think Most/All Nairalanders are kids or unemployed graduates. I am an ardent member of this forum and I am gainfully employed and even a professional in my field. I have my reservations about igbos and I am sure millions of other Yorubas have their issue with igbos too.

I have work in an office where I have Igbo colleagues and we relate professionally but that doesn't mean we don't hold grudges against each others' tribes deep down our hearts. The cooperation you see real time is just pretence and an attempt at National Unity or political correctness.

Yorubas would have been able to compromise and vote Rocha's Okorocha ( I love Rochas as a politician of Igbo extraction due to being detribalised) but the recent happenings in the Political arena of Nigeria and the hate being peddled online (Believe me when I say Nairaland and other Online platforms are radicalizing mostly Yoruba's) has ruined any chances of political cooperation between these 2 tribes.

Igbos lost the commissioner seat in the Lagos cabinet due to the realisation of majority of Yorubas that the igbos hated us. The igbos have always hated Yorubas since after the Civil War but the Yorubas never knew or suspected until the igbos got really close to the Presidency via Good luck Jonathan's ascendancy to the Office of President which gave the igbos the opportunity to show their deep seated hate for Yoruba. The latest development now is that the Yorubas now know you hate them and also wish to take over their most developed state (Lagos) and are now planning to protect themselves and interests. Now tell me brother, do you think the Yorubas will be foolish enough to vote for an Igbo President when they are now aware of the hate igbos have for them?

The foregoing my brother is the fact of the issue as far as Nigeria/igbo-Yoruba relations are concerned. Anybody that tells you anything contrary to the above is deceiving you.

13 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by BALLOSKI: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
What do you mean?
We should go about leaking people's arse just to produce a president in this country?

I assume your region has produced a president in the past, please how did it impact your people positively?
when you see yourself as not being part of the problem , rather you see yourselves as the saints and victims always, then you are standing alone and also making your neighbors to suspect you.

Yoruba didnt get the presidency by licking the arse of the north, they worked for it. The north supported obj even when the Yoruba said 'NO' to him, you don't get that asslicking, but by being true to yourself. Igbos have no political direction and this is the problem.

10 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2015
LordMecuzy:

I'm Igbo tho I'm based in the north, Why do you think Igbos are on their own?
Living in the North doesn't change anything. It won't make Hassan hesitate in slicing your throat at the slightest religious or political provoke(never gonna happen though).

Most ethnic groups in Nigeria are on their own in the political sphere except the so called Hausa-Fulani.
Nigeria politics is a politics of deceit and unending want to subdue a seeking partner. No proper and sensible compromises and no tangible considerations. Greed is inevitable and vengeance is a priority.

Man, Nigeria is a mistake, it's unfortunate we've had to deal with the consequences till now and I'm disappointed you think one of us really has a shot in piloting the affairs of this country.

5 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Lordave: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
when you see yourself as not being part of the problem , rather you see yourselves as the saints and victims always, then you are standing alone and also making your neighbors to suspect you.

Yoruba didnt get the presidency by licking the arse of the north, they worked for it. The north supported obj even when the Yoruba said 'NO' to him, you don't get that asslicking, but by being true to yourself. Igbos have no political direction and this is the problem.
Did my post in anyway suggest that I feel like Igbos are victims of anything?
yes only the Hausas voted Obasanjo and he won, the Igbos voted Buhari I suppose?

Talking about being a victim, isn't it obvious Igbos are victims of 'hate' in Nigeria?
I don't want to go that way, anyway.

How did Obasanjo's regime positively impact the South West? That's is where my argument is rooted in.

How is being truthful and playing a politics of partnership and at the same time negligence going to improve the wellbeing of Igbos in Nigeria?

How more developed is the South South now compared to when GEJ was still a Governor?

4 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by alcatraz002: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:
Living in the North doesn't change anything. It won't make Hassan hesitate in slicing your throat at the slightest religious or political provoke(never gonna happen though).

Most ethnic groups in Nigeria are on their own in the political sphere except the so called Hausa-Fulani.
Nigeria politics is a politics of deceit and unending want to subdue a seeking partner. No proper and sensible compromises and no tangible considerations. Greed is inevitable and vengeance is a priority.

Man, Nigeria is a mistake, it's unfortunate we've had to deal with the consequences till now and I'm disappointed you think one of us really has a shot in piloting the affairs of this country.

Brother, I really respect you for saying the truth especially as it relates to this Presidency Issue.
The mistrust In the South is too pronounced and I don't see an Igbo man becoming President anytime soon.
Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by dmz1: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Igbo's may never get the presidency, but Yoruba's too will never be President of Nigeria again. the north henceforth will always be producing the President till the country breaks up.
this is the sorry situation in the south now

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by wasco24: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
I just like you guys behaviour on this thread

I wish everyone on Nl can be like you guys
Just making and proving your points without insult
May God bless you guys

5 Likes

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Question To All Igbos And Pdp Supporters by Zikkyy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lordave:

I think the South east can govern this country. But they just need others to trust them with power. I don't think they are doing enough to build that level of trust required to gain support of major tribes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Rochas Okorocha Always Putting On A Tie On His Neck? is he a ritualist? / Dino On Bourdillon road,says "Agbaakin No Dey Fear"(throwback Vs Now Pix) / PHOTOS: 33 Years Mahdi Aliyu Gusau: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Deputy Governor Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.