Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118295 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Divepen:
No...Mr. Sammyhoe is trustworthy

With my shawl tied around my waist like men backing babies in the AWELE KINGDOM, you shan't fall off my back grin

@CindyDearie, thank you so much.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by omotalkie(f): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Never knew you've contd. Tnx Sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
SammyHoe:

With my shawl tied around my waist like men backing babies in the AWELE KINGDOM, you shan't fall off my back grin

u r welcome, am very happy 2 see u
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2014
what did I miss

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 23, 2014
JigsawKillah: what did I miss

Not much undecided
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 3:58am On Aug 23, 2014
SammyHoe:

Not much undecided

didn't notice the SAW missing?? lol

good morning

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2014
SammyHoe:

Yes ooo
Oga
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2014
Today and Tomorrow are the only days remaining to vote for your best writer...
Quickly cast your vote @

https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
ToriEmManson: Abeg no use back teeth laf me o...boss ke...As usual i'm fyn n chilling wid my ebola free BM ... Wad abt u?
me sef dey gentle and low-koy oo. E be like say I don pick interest in that your ebola BM na wink
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hmmm.
Rose Rose Rose.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2014
And no one invited me....

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2014
This is really touching, sorry am late to join the train. Splendid work Sammy.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Queenxstar: This is really touching, sorry am late to join the train. Splendid work Sammy.

Aunty Esther you are welcome...pls do take a seat at d front.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2014
Dedicated to Donmayor19

[b]Chapter Ten

Contrary to my thought, father welcomes us heartily. He embraces and kisses my mummy in the presence of Toyosi who is smiling.

"Husband and wife, open the door and kiss," Toyosi says and laughs.

"Go and meet your husband too, Toyosi," my father says.

When my mummy tells me all these, I doubt it.

"Are you sure Toyosi is happy with us now?" I ask her.

"Didn't you see it with your eyes yesterday?" mummy replies me.

"But this is strange and so sudden, how come?"

"That's the miracle of God," says mummy. "Don't you know that when the way of a person pleases God he will make his enemies to be at peace with him?"

But Toyosi didn't tell us the reason why she had to change her mind towards us suddenly like that. Bode hasn't changed a bit, yet his mother did warn him not to continue misbehaving towards us.

It is holiday period, so I spend all my time at home enjoying myself. Daddy isn't bothering me anymore. Infact he is a changed man too. I think he is behaving according to Toyosi's dictate. She has told him to be kind to us because we are his legitimate family and not herself.

Mummy shares the testimony in her church of what God has done to her; how God has changed her husband's heart. My church is a large one. I didn't even know my mum is up there on the podium sharing her testimony until I begin to see the interpretation of her testimony in sign language; how would I have known she is up there when the church has relegated we, the special ones so called, to the back of the Church? I have asked our 'deaf and dumb' interpreter a question once, during question and answer session after our Sunday school.

"The topic today is Show Love Without Discrimination, ma, but why don't I see the love in our church here?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" she asks me.

"According to the Bible Reading, it is stated that it is wrong to tell one person sit here while you tell another person come over to this high seat. But why is it that we deaf and dumb in this church have to sit far away from the stage like this?"

The interpreter smiles. She must have been thinking of what to reply.

"Hmm..." she smiles. "Rose, it is to avoid distraction, that's why? If we do our service close to them, they will be distracted with the movements of our hands."

"I disagree!" I barge in. "Why are we not also distracted with the movement of their mouths? We don't hear the sound of their mouths, our hand movements don't produce any sound too, we only get to see each other, that's all. It's fifty-fifty!"

She becomes mute. But that was not all. I still have more to say in rage:

"Why can't the preacher even be preaching in sign language and someone should be interpreting to them in voice language? This is also discrimination!"

Everyone laughed that day in the deaf and dumb class and I was rechristened 'Miss Discrimination'.[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2014
Ogbeni...thankx 4 d brkfast bt dis kind fud is mekin me yearn 4 mre...nyc update though...toyosi don change lol maybe its bkos ha plans didnt work or she has oda plans...I dnt belv dat kind of change o

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2014
SammyHoe:

Aunty Esther you are welcome...pls do take a seat at d front.
Sure will, thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Queenxstar: Sure will, thanks.
oga sammy carry
Mumsy exta...
Plz...
I requested your email address thru one of my works..it is urgent because I know u r d only one I can rely for dat type of Thn...
Oga sammyhoe, Tiffanyj, Davep, Princesa, Texanomaly, dygeasy,Therock5555,Rovyer Missyhorlar can all attest to it that is a somethinh great that must be kept a secret for d main tym

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks bro Sammy for the dedication....we(I) flex the meal wella.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
Divepen:
oga sammy carry
Mumsy exta...
Plz...
I requested your email address thru one of my works..it is urgent because I know u r d only one I can rely for dat type of Thn...
Oga sammyhoe, Tiffanyj, Davep, Princesa, Texanomaly, dygeasy,Therock5555,Rovyer Missyhorlar can all attest to it that is a somethinh great that must be kept a secret for d main tym
ugbajaesther@yahoo.com
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Queenxstar: ugbajaesther@yahoo.com
thanx ma'am
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Pls permit me to change the way I write. I have been trying to write this story in the present tense form but it seems difficult to me because I haven't been writing in that way before. Now I go back to the past perfect tense style for easy and effective communication. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Good morning friends
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
cheesy
SammyHoe: Good morning friends
how are you today, sir?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
SammyHoe: Good morning friends
afternoon bro
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sammy love please update nah . am loving did story n also loving u ooo wink.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sammy shey u can't tell me to have a sit in d front abi dat not fair oo
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by cho25bc(f): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
ViktorMartins:

Whyne yourself; we reading this!
sammyhoe,what is happen'g 2 our ebiag mag publicatn?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by gandyluv(f): 1:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Weldon sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 28, 2014
[size=14pt][b]Notice To All EBIAG FAMILY MEMBERS

I hereby announce to all EBIAGITES that SAMMY HOE'S STORIES will no more be free on Nairaland. You can now get the ebooks of any Sammy Hoe's stories by subscribing. In the light of this, you will only be required to pay a stipend monthly to get SAMMY Hoe's stories (New and old) sent to you by email throughout the month.

The continuation of EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS, HOPE AND THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS, HONEYMOON IN PRISON and AS E DEY HAPPEN shall henceforth be sent through ebooks to subscribers only, while 'WE ARE ABLE' and other new stories shall come up here till further notice. Also, the EBIAG Magazine bi-monthly publication shall be sent free of charge to all subscribers' email addresses within the month. The first publication is ready.

Subscription Rates:

1. #500 for one month
2. #1000 for two months
3. #1,300 for three months
4. #2,000 for six months
5. #3,500 for one year

How To Subscribe:

1. Send your email address to any of these phone numbers or email addresses: 08087755117, 08138410839, info@ebiag.com, ebiagmagazine@gmail.com

2. Once we get your email address, we will notify you of our bank account detail which you shall make your payment to.

3. Send your teller number to any of the numbers or email addresses above. Once it is confirmed, you start getting updates.

Subscription for the month of September is on already.

What The Subscription covers:

1. The monthly subscription shall cover all EBIAG stories, information by EBIAG ORGANISATION and all EBIAG Publications within the month.
2. Stories from other Nigerian authors
3. Sms to be sent to all subscribers to notify them of any new development and any new post sent to their emails.
4. Promos and Bonanzas shall be up for subscribers only.
5. Subscribers shall be the first beneficiaries of any goody packages to come up anytime in the EBIAG ORGANISATION

Notice:

Please any enquiries should be made to 08087755117 and 08138410839 only and also to info@ebiag.com or ebiagmagazine@gmail.com.
For those who are interested in subscribing to EBIAG UPDATES, send message to any of the numbers or email addresses above. Our website www.ebiag.com is under reconstruction and it would be ready soon.
Thanks.

Sammy Hoe.
[/b][/size]
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 6:49am On Aug 28, 2014
I KNEW THE LONG ABSENCE OF SAMMYPROF WILL BRING SOMETHING GREAT....

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2014
cho25bc: sammyhoe,what is happen'g 2 our ebiag mag publicatn?

Hi, long tym no hear from you. Ebiag is out in eBook form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.