Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,798 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema (30791 Views)

Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun? / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by idupaul: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
candiva2013: Most big budget movies are over hyped, so don't be suprised. The only edge they have is that they use very high quality camera and then invest alot in publicity

And since when did half a yellos sun become a big budget movie ..even the producers always say they had to work around a little budget by hollywood standards or did U mean big budget as per Nollywood

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by ritux: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
freakcin: @ OP: It was censored to remove graphic scenes depicting the civil war in order not to whip up unwanted sentiments!

Yet to see it though. Going by your response, I guess their aims were achieved.

You are right, the original movie was censored to remove some scenes that could heat of the present political situation of our country.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Firefire(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
sexymoma: Let me buy ma last CD before i say `NO` smiley

no wahala. I wish you well.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by niceeric(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Barselonia: The real film never out na
that 1 Na preamble, Which Yoruba call ipolowo....
watch out for FULL OF A YELLOW SUN... grin

wa sere omo iya.....exactly wat I wanted to say,d sequel to 'half of a yellow sun' which is 'full of a very yellow sun' gangan na d main movie lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by adisa204(m): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
amibonaija: This movie was over hyped, I have to rush and see it at cinema Delux. But it didn't meet my expectation.

I was expecting a detail of the civil was in picture but what I saw was like an abstract of the main thing.

Is this the "half of a Yellow. Sun" or should we wait for another?

What is your view ?
4 me it was d best movie I've seen come out of nigeria,well as they say one mans food is anoders poison

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
ritux: I was at the Cinema yesterday for the movie. I think it is okay. For the fact that the spent lots of money in producing this film, I will give them thumbs up. The only negative side for me was that I don't like the way it ended.

I like the guy Ugwu most especially when he was teaching and also when his master asked him not to call him Sir smiley

Please why was Ejiofor always called revolutionary lover? I still dont get.

7/10

Finally, for those people thinking about Nigeria on the brink or wanting Nigeria to break up, please go watch this movie. If we are going to have a peaceful break up which I doubt will ever happen, fine no problem. But if it is going to be in the form of fighting and war....hmmmnnn let's remain the way we are.

My parents told me stories about the civil war. Me, I don't want to experience it.

One Nigeria
correct person
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by IntroVAT: 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
Most people here yakking about "Thank God I Haven't gone to the cinema yet" are simply broke-asses that may possibly not afford it, so save us the stress. Your choice of a 100 naira copy over the cinema experience says a lot too.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Eberex(m): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
amibonaija: This movie was over hyped, I have to rush and see it at cinema Delux. But it didn't meet my expectation.

I was expecting a detail of the civil was in picture but what I saw was like an abstract of the main thing.

What is your view ?

Thank goodness I never go watch am. Make I wait for the pirated version tongue
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by omolizzy(f): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
dats ur opinion @op so don't discourage odas. A man's food is anodas poison
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by amnestylaw1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
sexymoma: Why rushing to the cinema..
V.soon now i go buy am for ojota for N100.
If i sabi waka sef i go get am for free. grin

Anyway, I like your profile pics. You made me laugh. grin
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by LordCenturion(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2014

only girls can have it for free in exchange of their natural market,,,they love awuf, ,just look at your username, why u no go get am for free Wen u waka everywhere . ..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Adventurist(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
i still cant wait to watch it. Till then no comment.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by mazeltov(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
grin buy one fr me
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by newguy1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
ChiSun27: No nid to rush 4 it again...thnkz 2 u OP 4 d dzcoragmnt.

does mean, ur view might b diffrent when u watch it
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Objektive: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
I hope this film is not over edited? Cos the US version is really cool and could NEVER have been allowed to show unedited. 9ja thingz
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
The OPs opinion is noted.
He spent his money to watch a movie that fell short of his expectation.
He is angry.
He is a registered member of Nairaland.
Every member can share there opinions here as in FB and Twitter.
He shared his thoughts.

Fools are here saying shit.

We are all crazy in this world. Several of the posters above me would cry blood if they purchased an item from an ecommerce site and it was an inferior product or a telecommunication company took their money or they were side-lined in a job application but we are so apt to judge someone else. Isn't that isanity?.

OP sorry for wasting your money.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by colossus2: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Was at the cinema over the weekend.
Half of a yellow sun (movie) = 1,000
Half of a yellow sun (novel) = 1,000

Mehn I swerve go watch Guardians of the Galaxy oh.
I dont mind seeing this movie 3times a day than to see movie when the yellow sun never complete.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by ritux: 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
kendrick93: why would someone go to a cineama to watch a nigerian movie anyway?.. i can't.

This is not one of those Nigerian movies you see on African Magic.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by majamajic(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Op , it was edited.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Vivly(f): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
You have to read the book first before jumping to the cinema so you'll watch with a mind free of war scenes expectations.
It's a love story that was set in the civil war era and not how soldier Okoro shot Soldier Musa.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by omar22(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Am waiting for the much anticipated movie called "Ebola Babes"
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by jeslom: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
just like that space..will smith film with his son..waz d name again??
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Why rushing to the cinema..

where do you stay? winkmake only me waka come borrow am cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by holyboss: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
Alaba people we dey wit for your version of d movie O

I have my 100 naira me nw
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by ichommy(m): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Pyroclast(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
The movie was just too short for all the hype!
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by englishmart(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2014

What is your view ?
my own view is that "you didn't say anything.
You wasted my 195kb out of 3070 mb.
You know what it means Na with the kind of head you have, can you direct a drama
Let alone producing it?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pls let's not forget something here, because the story was set during the civil war period doesn't mean the story has to be about the civil war. Chimamanda has her own story to tell u she's just borrowing the civil war era to pass here message

What is your view ?
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by stanech: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
The full details about the war would be on the 'yellow sun' this one is just half of a yellow sun
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Sunshinelady(f): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
Balkan: I saw the same movie with my wife on Saturday
and we were thrilled. the best movie so far and so touching
It deserves an award
. So wat d f._kk is dis hater-OP talkin about ? People though undecided
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by sleekman(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
gladpresh: shoo.....

dem wan add virus to chi-chi's movie
Diaris God oooooooo
she herself na virus sef. She's fast losing her way and appeal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Dating A Billionaire - Princess, First Evicted BBNaija All Stars Housemate / Have You Ever Cried While Watching Films / BBNaija: Maria Nominates Six Housemates For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.