Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema (30500 Views)

Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun? / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Pain(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Simply OverHyped....Unfortunate No Refunds
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Sunshinelady(f): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Objektive: I hope this film is not over edited? Cos the US version is really cool and could NEVER have been allowed to show unedited. 9ja thingz
. Really? Chai send me d full version na cry
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
amibonaija: This movie was over hyped, I have to rush and see it at cinema Delux. But it didn't meet my expectation.

I was expecting a detail of the civil was in picture but what I saw was like an abstract of the main thing.

Is this the "half of a Yellow. Sun" or should we wait for another?

What is your view ?

It's a movie not a documentary. Even a 120minutes documentary cannot cover the civil that spread over 3years.

Very funny and naive criticism you have there, unless you are out to intentionally smear the movie.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mtchew!

I was expecting a better review of the movie than this! undecided
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by tellwisdom: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mugu, money wey you suppose take drink beer
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by purplekayc(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
candiva2013: Most big budget movies are over hyped, so don't be suprised. The only edge they have is that they use very high quality camera and then invest alot in publicity
most still deliver
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by adedayourt(m): 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
sexymoma: Why rushing to the cinema..
V.soon now i go buy am for ojota for N100.
If i sabi waka sef i go get am for free. grin

Typical Nigerian gringrin
Abeg flash me if u don getam
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by purplekayc(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Victoriousvic: Mtchew!

I was expecting a better review of the movie than this! undecided
there Re countless sources online
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by adedayourt(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pain: Simply OverHyped....Unfortunate No Refunds

Did u apply for refundgrin
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Maonyz(f): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
amibonaija: This movie was over hyped, I have to rush and see it at cinema Delux. But it didn't meet my expectation.

I was expecting a detail of the civil was in picture but what I saw was like an abstract of the main thing.

What is your view ?

People and their attitude of discouraging others from doing things! That you watched it and Didn't like it, does it mean someone else won't like it? Your views about things are different from that of others! When will people understand this See how you just cancelled out another man's business! Can't you keep your opiniion to yourself?

Please, always allow other people to get a first-hand experience of things for themselves!!!

Oya, that one isn't good enough abi? Shoot the better one!!!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Orikinla(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
It is one of the must see Nigerian movies in 2014 and one of the best movies to come out of Nigeria.
It gave me the opportunity to date a new romantic interest.
The love scenes are WOW!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by armadeo(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
teeo: Instead of seeing that movie, I jejely saw Guardians of the galaxy.

No time to waste money

How was it.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by karpentar: 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
shakaz: didn't enjoy ''12 years a slave'' after all the hype, so I'm not surprise this one also turned out same way.

Your are correct. I wonder how that unimpressive movie got Oscar....
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
For wia. Well, standing around waiting for the movie we eventually chose, I saw the preview and I was tempted to have a rethink of it. But my date, teeo, **who been they say make we watch am, now doing sakara wey he supposed dey thank me*** told me we should just stick to our 'guardians of the galaxy' and I sure am glad we did. because what I heard, the movie ain't all that.

But omo, the video quality was barrrrdddd!!!! Very very lekker. Purple hibiscus for make better sense than that sef.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
You would love it. Amazing!
armadeo:

How was it.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chai. I for dey blame myself oooo. So that movie no be am? 12 years a slave" don dey hungry me to watch for a while ooo.

shakaz: didn't enjoy ''12 years a slave'' after all the hype, so I'm not surprise this one also turned out same way.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by UjSizzle(f): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Just as well. I wasn't looking forward to it anyway.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by adeolaabatan(f): 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2014

What is your view ?
I think it was an amazing movie!It wasn't intended to capture the war in its entirety. It gAve me an insight tho.. It is a brilliant moviie tho!The only issue I hd was using American actress to play Nigerian characters when wehave equally briliiant actresses
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
desdichando: Transformers 4 was overhyped
i tell you.that movie was crap.when i watched it,i was wondering if they were trying to make it a comedy.....so many unnecessary scenes...the worst movie in the transformer franchise.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by frainc(m): 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
shakaz: so I'm not surprise this one also turned out same way.
just one question for you

Shey u don watch am?

If not then shotup
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by jared007: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
sexymoma: Why rushing to the cinema..
V.soon now i go buy am for ojota for N100.
If i sabi waka sef i go get am for free. grin
people like u go kill cinema business. No let murray-bruce hear u o!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by mhizcovy(f): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
phrezzz: Haters get a lifee
bros..hate FIRE
gosh....u sounding like u l have a share of d money realised from. d movie...face ur life
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2014

What is your view ?

you have not said anything...
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by purplekayc(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Theres a copy of the film on torrentz
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by tonychristopher: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2014

What is your view ?

this is an idiot trying to be a critique ...how is the movie flawed

give us your yardstick
from what perspective did you assimilate the movie

did you view the movie as a child and expected guns blazing

did you view the movie as an intelligent adult following the dialogue monologue the unities of time and space the plot the climax the resolution and carthasis then purgation

you don't just come with this statement publicly

how is the movie flawed

to make matters worst you said civil was
hmmm bro its civil war ..so you can't even make a simple correct sentence then what if doing an adaptation... it means converting a prose to a drama or movie

so my son... reason well

who made this front page. anyway ?
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by AriDsexy(f): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
shoefreak: For wia. Well, standing around waiting for the movie we eventually chose, I saw the preview and I was tempted to have a rethink of it. But my date, teeo, **who been they say make we watch am, now doing sakara wey he supposed dey thank me*** told me we should just stick to our 'guardians of the galaxy' and I sure am glad we did. because what I heard, the movie ain't all that.

But omo, the video quality was barrrrdddd!!!! Very very lekker. Purple hibiscus for make better sense than that sef.
I read purple hibiscus and half of a yellow sun but can't remember the story of purple hibiscus again.Pls can u give me a short summary,thanks.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by freezyprinzy(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
eledacedar: Probably it was due to the fact that the censor board mandated them to remove some scenes before showingit in Nigeria.
gbam u took d wordz outta my mouth or hand in this case
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by manny4life(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
I have commented on this movie, the movie did not live up to expectation and I have my reasons.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by joseph1832(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
I believe shes not in the position to write about the civil war because she didn't experience it. I tell those who care to listen that if they want a detail account of the civil war they should read Adewale Ademoyega's book: Why We Struck. Also Fredrick Forsythe: The Making Of An African Legend.
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by Briareos(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
UjSizzle: Just as well. I wasn't looking forward to it anyway.

Swayed that easily, нυн?
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by enuel: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thats quite unfortunate.... I am sure I wont be disappointed. This is nollywood and hollywood coming together. I got an sms from Multitexter.com that more people loved the movie after seeing it at the cinema. Man cant be overtly be satisfied since our expectations are insatiable. Lol!
Re: My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema by enuel: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmm, that s something. Thanks for the prescription.
joseph1832: I believe shes not in the position to write about the civil war because she didn't experience it. I tell those who care to listen that if they want a detail account of the civil war they should read Adewale Ademoyega's book: Why We Struck. Also Fredrick Forsythe: The Making Of An African Legend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Movie So Far This Year? / BBNaija: Bisola And Her Siblings At Her 4th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.