Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

MTN Made Me Loose A Job. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Made Me Loose A Job. (5655 Views)

Hell Will Break Loose In The Nation If Ekweremadu – Pdp senator / Does This Mean GEJ Will Loose The 2015 Election? / "Why Jonathan May Loose Vote In South East"- INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please i want to know if anyone has subscribed for any of these SMS alerts from MTN? MTN will not allow me enjoy my Nokia 3310,they made me loose an important job last week because when the sms came in from the client,i thought it was one of those message(s) from MTN and so i quickly pressed the delete button without reading it.

1.Send Ebola to 32680 to receive daily tips and facts that will keep you from contacting the deadly Ebola virus! Costs N30/5days only. Stay Healthy-32680

2.Do you know Ebola kills up to 90% of infected people; there is no vaccination & there is no cure send HEALTH to 33388 to get daily health tips on Ebola Virus

3.NO man can take that which belongs to you, for posses your possession,txt 032137 to 4100 OR, For Open Doors,Txt 032113 to 4100, As caller Tune.Cost N50/Tune-20241

4.Get daily news alert delivered to your mobile phone. Text News to 35241. Cost N100/30 days- 35241

5. **Congrats 0909****67**Do you think that you never win anything? U won 7 FREE days of wellness SMS & Fitness SMS & THEN N200/week membership. Text 1 to 7804-7804

6.Answer these questions on Nigeria and stand a chance to win up to N500,000.Nigeria is named after a? A.Lake B.Mountain C. River SMS A,B,C to 35020-35020

7.But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely,and shall be quiet from fear of evil,Proverbs1;33 for more daily Bible verses,text BIBLE to 33330. N50/WK-33330

8.P-Square to work with Jermaine Jackson on their 6th studio album. For more news Text NAIJA to 38547 & get NEWS 3Days free.Service will auto renew N50/5days

9.Free for 2weeks Enjoy the latest breaking news in Hausa from Voice of America,send LABARI to 38547,txt STOP to Opt-Out.Service will auto renew N50/wk

10.Dial into our Devotional services FOC! Call 450122 & subscribe to Sahur Wake Up Call,Islamic Sermons & More for as little as N15/day! Txt STOP to 33111 to Opt-Out-

11.Appreciate God with your caller tune for Jesus I LOVE YOU by E. Nkiru,Txt 032130 to 4100 OR for posses your possession by Amaka,txt 032137 to 410. Cost N50 each

12.Remain blessed as Ramadan draws to an end. Reply DUA or AYAT or HADITH for prayers,Quranic verses or Holy Prophet teaching(SAW) @N50/Wk. Text STOP 33111 to OptOut

13.You can be the Lucky winner of the Centenary Mega Jackpot of 100M Naira! To celebrate Nigeria @100!Text 100 to 35777 NOW. Daily prize still up for grabs.

14. Does your number end in 9? TODAY 23/07 you`re chosen to participate for the `Nigeria Centenary 100 Million Naira Mega Jackpot Send WIN to 35777! N100/SMS

15. Celebrate with us & you can win the `Nigeria Centenary 100 Million Naira Mega Jackpot`! Send WIN to 35777 and participate now! N100/SMS

16."Baby Safety:Car manufacturers recommend that a child must be in a car seat until they are 4years old & weigh at least 40 pounds. Reply SEC for safety tips at

N50/wkly" to 5040

17. Ensure that you keep a hand over your drink to avoid someone slipping something into it when you are unaware. For safety tips,reply SEC at N50/wk

18.Yhello! You can now get up to date ALJAZEERA News directly to your mobile handsets.Text ALJ to 700 now! For NAIJA GIST text NGOSSIP to 700

19. Enjoy latest films from all Cinemas on your phone. Get daily movie alerts delivered on your phone.Send MOVIE to 33388 @N50 weekly now!

20. Get the latest football match information from complete Sports.Text CSW to 4900@ N30 weekly-MNS

21. Good health is the best investment you can make. Get 5 health and fitness tips FREE then N50/5days. Test SUB to 38777 at no cost!

22.Working hard on growing your business? Need the latest information? Then text Money Shop Today. Text YES to 5021 to subscribe. N50/wkly.Text STOP to unsubscribe.

23. FREE FOR 5 DAYS! Get all football club`s transfer news alerts as it happens in your favorite club. Text TRA to 38400. Service will auto-renew N50/5days.

24.Discover unbelievable and interesting facts that form a part of your everyday life.Send Fact to 38400 to subscribe to Amazing Facts.FREE for 7 days.

25.Davido shows off his skydweller rolex watch worth 40/,000 on instagram. For more news Text NAIJA to 38547 & get 3Days free.Service will auto-renew N50/sDays

26. Improve your productivity by understanding how to manage stress. Text SMT to 38400 to receive STRESS MANAGEMENT TIPS for the next 7days. Text now! it is FREE

27.Recieve FREE powerful and life changing STRESS MANAGEMENT TIPS daily for the next 7 Days.Its FREE,text SMT to 38400 to claim it NOW.

28.14 Days to the start of the EPL! Get Manchester Utd news & goal alerts as it happens.Text MU to 38400 & get 5Days free. Service will auto-renew N50/5 days

29.14 Days to the start of the EPL! Get Manchester City news & goal alerts as it happens.Text MC to 38400 & get 5Days free. Service will auto-renew N50/5 days

30.14 Days to the start of the EPL! Get Liverpool FC news & goal alerts as it happens.Text LIV to 38400 & get 5Days free. Service will auto-renew N50/5 days

31.14 Days to the start of the EPL! Get Arsenal FC news & goal alerts as it happens.Text ARS to 38400 & get 5Days free. Service will auto-renew N50/5 days

32.14 Days to the start of the EPL! Get Chelsea FC news & goal alerts as it happens.Text CHE to 38400 & get 5Days free. Service will auto-renew N50/5 days

33. GREAT NEWS! We celebrate Nigeria`s 100years & we give away the "Nigeria Centenary 100 Million Naira Mega Jackpot"! Send WIN to 35777 & participate N100/SMS

34.Need Extra cash?Fancy being an entrepreneur??Then Text Money shop today get financial freedom.Text YES to 5021 to subscribe. N50/wkly.Text STOP to unsubscribe

35.Running your own business is very challenging for all daily market tips text Money Shop today.Text YES to 5021 to subscribe. N50/wkly. Text STOP to unsubscribe

36. Networking leads to a strong business platform. Text Money Shop today to stay connected.Text YES to 5021 to subscribe.N50/wkly.Text STOP to unsubscribe

37.Y`ello! Make you play the BRAIN-WAVE game so you fit get MTN credit for your phone.Text WAVE to 5032 and answer the 3 question wey you go see.N10/SMS

38.Welcome to BRAIN-WAVE easy Trivia. Answer three questions only and get instant MTN Airtime.To get started now N10/SMS Text wave to 5032.

39.Don`t miss that job opportunity! Be the first to discover new job vacancies,Subscribe to daily job vacancy alerts from Philips Consulting.Text Alerts to 5031.

40.Changing jobs frequently,reduces your chances of success.The "2-year rule"is ideal for evaluating your progress.For more tips from Philip Consulting,text TIPS to

41.Great News! New Jobs have just been added to the Philips Consulting Job listing,be the first to apply.Subscribe to daily job alerts,text ALERTS to 5031

42.A week of miracles starts with prayers and confessions;to start your week with prayers from Rhapsody of Realities,text ROR to 5031

42.A well written personal statement of 3 lines at the top of your CV makes you stand out from the crowd.For more job search tips from SHORTLIST,text TIPS to 5031

43.Need a job? The more jobs you apply for the better your chances of success.Get connected to employers with jobs fron Philips Consulting.Text ALERTS to 5031

44.Did you know that employers spend 6 seconds scanning through CVs? Make the most of it! To receive daily job search tips from SHORTLIST,text TIPS to 5031

45. From today,the Blessing of the Lord which maketh rich and adds no sorrow shall be upon you.For more prayers from Rhapsody of Realities,text ROR to 5031

46.The divine life of God is at work in you! NO sickness shall fasten itself against you.For more prayers from Rhapsody of Realities,text ROR to 5031

8 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by durella4(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
@op don't blame MTN afterall d s always sumtink like dis 'send ....... 2 unsubscribe'

But if u 2 subscribe 2 all those tink u listed above den u try.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
SCAMMER ADVERTISING HIS USELESS SMS ALERT NUMBERS

3 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Ogomsb2k: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
look @ op blaming mtn over his laziness. Since u know that you are jobless and seriously looking for a job, u must not be lazy to take at least a glance on every text that enters your phone before deleting. Hope u v learnt ur lesson if at all u are sincere here. The person above me might b right though
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
WombRaiders: SCAMMER ADVERTISING HIS USELESS SMS ALERT NUMBERS

You have a comprehension problem...All that i posted are SMS to my phone from MTN...How does that make me a scammer? Fool.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ogomsb2k: look @ op blaming mtn over his laziness. Since u know that you are jobless and seriously looking for a job, u must not be lazy to take at least a glance on every text that enters your phone before deleting. Hope u v learnt ur lesson if at all u are sincere here. The person above me might b right though

Hard working Dude...I receive these SMS on a daily basis,that even when the sms came from my client i thought it was one of these scam SMS and deleted it..How does that make me lazy? Hypocrites.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
deeptesting:

You have a comprehension problem...All that i posted are SMS to my phone from MTN...How does that make me a scammer? Fool.

You snuck in a code to rip people off.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Ogomsb2k: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
deeptesting:

Hard working Dude...I receive these SMS on a daily basis,that even when the sms came from my client i thought it was one of these scam SMS and deleted it..How does that make me lazy? Hypocrites.

ok, so what lesson will you learn from this?
Always find little time to read ur text msg before taking action ok? Better still, call mtn customer care rep to unsubscribe

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
WombRaiders:

You snuck in a code to rip people off.

I am convinced i am dealing with a retard, so you are getting no response from me again.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by atlwireles: 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
OP, you think you are dealing with children here. Why are you spamming us with all that junk. angry angry angry angry
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by elemic(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
I never knew that some of these your texts exists...
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by balaclava: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
U get time to not only check bt compose all dz sms details, u no come get patience 2 check jst 1 wey go change ur life. Na Prayer ur situation need o n i'm nt joking!!! Plus MTN reserves d right to send u dz SMS, its under d terms and conditions. Simply call 180 4 deactivation.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rocgirl: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
As in eh..
They just keep bombarding someones line with those yanma-yanma messages shaaa.
The ones i've been seeing recently are the Congratulations,you just won £800,000..Ipad..House varieties!! gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Omexonomy: 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Presently i am having ove 850 messages in my inbox from mtn and glo begging me to part with as low as fifty naira

2 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rman: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
@OP,

You have failed woefully!

Only a slowpoke will believe you.

You made out time and effort to do this on nairaland but could not read an sms from a potential employer?

And if indeed the sms is for a job, a serious company will also mail you and even call aside from the sms.

I am not swayed by your post at all.

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
rman: @OP,

You have failed woefully!

Only a slowpoke will believe you.

You made out time and effort to do this on nairaland but could not read and sms from a potential employer?

And if indeed the sms is for a job, a serious company will also mail you and even call aside from the sms.

I am not swayed by your post at all.

Anyways, i am surprise a lot of you guys did not get the drift, all the SMS i wrote up there are from MTN to my phone, i took time to copy them out to see how many people get these SMS daily..It is just annoying why someone's phone will be bombarded by these numerous SMS daily. I did not compose them, if you are an MTN subscriber you should be conversant with these SMS..Unfortunately, over sabi they worry most of you guys...Broke Dudes shouting scammer every where.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rman: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
deeptesting:

Anyways, i am surprise a lot of you guys did not get the drift, all the SMS i wrote up there are from MTN to my phone, i took time to copy them out to see how many people get these SMS daily..It is just annoying why someone's phone will be bombarded by these numerous SMS daily. I did not compose them, if you are an MTN subscriber you should be conversant with these SMS..Unfortunately, over sabi they worry most of you guys...Broke Dudes shouting scammer every where.

Eyah! pele!!!

Broke dude indeed!

Your unemployment situation is about to get worse.

If you are indeed okay and smart, you will definitely know how to handle this simple situation.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
rman:

Eyah! pele!!!

Broke dude indeed!

Your unemployment situation is about to get worse.

If you are indeed okay and smart, you will definitely know how to handle this simple situation.

Employed guy i use the name of the God you serve to plead with you to get off my back...So you know the SMS was from MTN before you called me a Scammer? Smart guy,please roll out your achievements so we slow Dudes can learn..

7 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rman: 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
deeptesting:

Employed guy i use the name of the God you serve to plead with you to get off my back...So you know the SMS was from MTN before you called me a Scammer? Smart guy,please roll out your achievements so we slow Dudes can learn..

How old are you?

You still don't get it!

MTN didn't make you lose the job, you are lazy and think whining on nairaland is more important than reading your sms's. You can also find out how to block unsolicited sms messages.

Opening a thread with the meticulous effort you put into this post does not portray you as a serious job seeker.

You need to grow up, otherwise, I see you remaining unemployed for a very long time.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by realborn(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
@Post,

I am surprised at the heap of venom stirred at the OP.

He has basically highlighted an irritating display of unwarranted and unsolicited breach by service providers who send spam SMS to subscribers in dozens on a daily basis. One of the corresponding consequence of these unsolicited SMS is the natural reaction to ignore the SMS tone since the world no longer trends by SMS but through other social medial chatting platforms. Though some of us may take a peep at all times to check all Text messages as they come, there is no denying the fact that we assume the service providers are at work again, since 90% of received SMS these days are from them.

What stunned me, is the OP's patience to chronicle all of the SMS for the purpose of the topic!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
rman:

How old are you?

You still don't get it!

MTN didn't make you lose the job, you are lazy and think whining on nairaland is more important than reading your sms's. You can also find out how to block unsolicited sms messages.

Opening a thread with the meticulous effort you put into this post does not portray you as a serious job seeker.

You need to grow up, otherwise, I see you remaining unemployed for a very long time.

This is the reason why i insist that you are a fool.
So with all my explanation you still believe i truly lost a job? Chai! who did this thing to you? Internet just make every body they pull stunt as a wise man.

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by deeptesting(m): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
realborn: @Post,

He has basically highlighted an irritating display of unwarranted and unsolicited breach by service providers who send spam SMS to subscribers in dozens on a daily basis. One of the corresponding consequence of these unsolicited SMS is the natural reaction to ignore the SMS tone since the world no longer trends by SMS but through other social medial chatting platforms. Though some of us may take a peep at all times to check all Text messages as they come, there is no denying the fact that we assume the service providers are at work again, since 90% of received SMS these days are from them.

What stunned me, is the OP's patience to chronicle all of the SMS for the purpose of the topic!

May your days and that of your entire household be long for understanding where i am coming from and going..You are truly schooled and your family will really be proud of you. Don`t worry about the time i spent to chronicle all the SMS..You see i am such a busy person that i don`t even have the time to delete SMS on my phone,so they were all stored and grace came upon me,i was let off the hook of work for 24hrs,i spent 1hr getting all the SMS from my phone to a Note Pad and then i created this topic..No mind those employed big boys on NL.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by DJDOLA(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
I swear down all dis sms are on my phone....if u are using mtn just be ready for sms

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Its like rman and wombraider work at mtn. Dem just de hammer op.

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rman: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2014

Thank you. You just pointed out the irony of his predicament with your last sentence.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by rman: 12:22am On Aug 04, 2014
dionysius: Its like rman and wombraider work at mtn. Dem just de hammer op.

Not really. I just expected more from an unemployed graduate. A conclusion I reached based on OP's initial post.
Yes, service providers bombard people with unsolicited sms, giving that as an excuse for losing a job is what I can't wrap my head around.
My reaction is exactly how I would have reacted if he was my blood bro.
Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 04, 2014
grin grin
Seriously OP, I couldn't wait to read all those! Damn
[size=32pt]AND NEXT TIME, IT'S LOSE AND NOT LOOSE[/size] undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 04, 2014
Silly people..

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by egift(m): 5:40am On Aug 04, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-QWPzP49wPMM/TnB249lr8RI/AAAAAAAAAfU/oHjctisH2oQ/s1600/block_sms_spam_filter_message_how_angry_mobile_phone.jpg[/img]

Why all the insults on the OP, I receive some of these sms too. My policy is that anything that has Short Code as Sender ID is deleted without second thought.

@OP:
Depending on your phone there are apps that could help. Also try searching Nairaland and Google for "how to stop spam sms in nigeria". Cheers!

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by maasoap(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2014

May God bless you for coming up to rescue @op. There are too many morons on nairaland these days. Op didn't say he subscribed to any of these things, all what he showed us was texts urging him to subscribe. Personally, I can't recall the last time I open any of these useless texts. All what I do whenever a new number from the network operators send unsolicited sms to me is to open my Avast Antivirus and put the new number under "sms and call filter" section, then I would never receive any sms from such numbers. Then, delete the sms without even bother to open it. Even if he calls the network operator, they will tell him it is under terms and conditions. The only complain that may fetch you help is when it is about midnight texts.
You guys should free @op so that you wouldn't be seen as hypocrites that he called you. Though the title was somehow misleading.

1 Like

Re: MTN Made Me Loose A Job. by hazyfm: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2014
SO ANNOYING

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Sacks Entire Nigerian Army Battalion, Confiscates All Arms / BREAKING!! Governor Amaechi To Return Back To The PDP / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.