Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

My Crony - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87810 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:14am On Aug 21, 2014
bibie01: Nuffn shud happen to Hakeem n Aisha oo.
Azeezat, so sorry for what Hakeem did to you, just try n forgive him and move on.

Tee'dan, nice one as usual. Keep on d good work, love ya.
Love ya too.. Bibie.. cheesy hope my NL boo z nt here sha.. grin
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:16am On Aug 21, 2014
horlah1: T.dan more MB 2 Ūя̲̅ fone..interesting
Horlah... longest time.. it's beeb long I sighted u on my blog... smiley
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:22am On Aug 21, 2014
SPSpecial: Intresting. tdan,well döñ æææ
I've missed u... aw una dey?
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:41am On Aug 21, 2014
EPISODE NINETEEN.

Hastrup had called Hakeem many times already, he had been wondering where Hakeem could have kept the mobile phone. He had been lamenting, as well as wondering of nothing had gone wrong with him. He prayed he hadn't done what had been done already. "Uthman, speed up. Hakeem is not picking up his calls." Hastrup informed.

"Really? Alright, no problem.. but what of the police that are following us? They might lost the way." Uthman replied.

"They know the way, don't they? I'm not sure if Hakeem isn't in danger." He told Uthman.

"That's what my mind just struck, I hope he hasn't gone ahead to trace those guys." He said and drove faster.

Hastrup dialed Hakeem's mobile number again but then, he was incommunicado.

Hakeem was dying, the guy with him had left after he caused him the attack. He didn't even give him a second look as he walked out, he thought he was dramatising. Even if he was, what would he have done?

Roneey was just recovering from the strike, he never knew Aishat was still alive, if he had known, he wouldn't have turned his back at her. "I'll kill those two.." He had been made rankled as he sat and held on to his side. "Have you tied them well?" He enquired from his guys.

"Sure, they've been tied well." They chorused.

"They will never play pranks with me again!" He managed to stand up. "Where's the knife?" He asked them.

One of them brought out the knife, he was tall and huge in appearance, his facial expression was like dog who hadn't eaten for two days, he could deal with anyone. He handed the knife to Rooney and stepped back again, he stood akimbo as glanced at the box of money on the chair. "Where should that be kept?" He pointed to te box.

"Leave it there for now, everything will be sorted out." Rooney replied and walked in slowly.

He limped as if he had an injury on his right foot, the knife was held by his right hand and the left hand was in between his thighs, he used it to lift up his trouser because it was too long. If he had walked normally, he would have felt the pain more. He approached the two rooms where Hakeem and Aishat were.

"Speed up!" Hastrup hit Uthman by the shoulder. He was uncomfortable as he sat and looked forward. They just got to Kolapo Ishola Estate, a stone-throw from Legacy Guest House. "I guess we're going to make a turn there right?" Uthman asked.

"Yeah." Hastrup pointed to the turning by the front of the guest house. "Alright." He applied the brake because of the pot holes and trafficated to the left. He checked the left side mirror to know Tomi and Tofunmi were still behind, as well as the police. "What if we can't find him there? How could he have left his phone somewhere? How do we trace him?" Uthman hissed.

"We can't tell, Hakeem is not like this. He has been the one calling me since, something must have happened. Just that, the iPad is with him.." he was frustrated.

"Nothing will happen to him, Insha Allah."

The got to the main entrance of Peace and Progress Estate, Hastrup views the field and saw no one. "Let's ask these security men about him." Hastrup told Uthman.

He alighted after the car halted and walked to the men there. He could see a old man and an average young man there. He greeted and explained what he needed. The men told him where the car had passed after he told them they were looking for kidnappers. If not, the security men would be adamant.

The police and Tofunmi drove behind as they approached Uthman's car. The security men told them that Hakeem drove straight down, and since then, he hadn't returned. "Just keep going straight."

Rooney opened the door to Hakeem's room and laughed as usual. Were you tied to fall on the floor? Answer me, were you?" He smacked him.

Hakeem's airway had swelled, this caused the short breath. He was still struggling, already shivering. Everything would be over soon.." he had thought.

"I don't wish to kill you at once, I want you to die a slow and painful death." He laughed and smacked him again.

"Guys!" He beckoned and continued. "Come and beat heaven out of him, a person like him shouldn't make heaven."

His guys also approached.

Hastrup kept calling Hakeem, he had switched off the air conditioner and was sweating. "Just keep going as we...." he almost completed the sentence when he sighted Hakeem's Honda Pilot a distance from them. "That's. . That's th..the car." He stuttered as he looked happy, I hope Hakeem hasn't entered.. I just hope." He said as he breathed heavily. "Just park behind the car, the police would carry out their job." He said as Uthman marched on the accelerator, who cared if the road was bad?

Both came down immediately and waited for the policemen to come down from their car. Hastrup pointed to the building,  so they could know. They checked the car and met no one, Hastrup got his iPad and checked it, "the guys are here." He said and looked forward.

Immediately, the police came down. They were eight, excluding the driver. They all stood together and whispered to one another before they climbed the fence.

One of them was outside, at the front of the gate while the seven had stormed into the building. Their leader had pointed places where they'd hide and pass to the guys and also walked stealthily with them.

He approached the main door of the house and met it unlocked. He opened it gently and walked in with two guys, all were alert as they looked around. All the guys had gone upstairs then, to beat Hakeem up.

The policemen could hear sounds, even in Hakeem's condition, he was beaten.

They finally got to the front of the room and halted, 3..2..1..0 The man counted within and got the door opened. "Freeze." He said as he entered with a policeman, the others were in the living room, watching.

As if a charm was used, they all froze. All their dsngerous weapons were collected from them.

Aishat was also untied when the visited the room and saw that she was there. She was the subject, to the policemen. They never knew Hakeem had been involved too. "Hakeem." Aishat touched him as they walked out. It was one of those those guys, that was told to carry Hakeem.

His eyes were close, she felt his pulse but none was convincing about his wellness. "Hakeem!" She kept shouting as they got outside and both were rushed to the hospital.

"I need no treatment, I'm fine." Aisht insisted as she almost followed Hakeem to the ward.

She sat down with others, Uthman and Hastrup had gone with the police, after they insisted that they must follow them.

The Doctor walked out slowly as he placed the stethoscope round his neck. He looked sad like Aishat was and came directly to Aishat. Em.. see me in my office.

2 Likes

Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 6:15am On Aug 21, 2014
#Following#
Re: My Crony by Phikom(m): 6:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Nothing do Hakeem jor....
Re: My Crony by chii8(f): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Hmm......wetin doc wan talk nah?
Re: My Crony by Tbrak: 8:31am On Aug 21, 2014
Hakeem must nt die
Re: My Crony by gbafched: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Hakeem must survive
Re: My Crony by hassan85(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Oh Oh my heart goes out to them. d sacrifice people make for love hmn God see dem through

1 Like

Re: My Crony by uchebest2006(m): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2014
Hakeem Shall survive!!!!
Re: My Crony by samsondavid(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Mr T Dan. NYC update. just work your magic. o. hakeem has to survive. #TeamHakeem&Aishat

waiting for next update
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: My Tracey ooh... cheesy

Shey my Hakeem will survive o

#teamHakeem&Aishat
Re: My Crony by seunviju(f): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Temitope abeg no do erekere o.Nice update keep it up
Re: My Crony by Tytylorpe(f): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wat....,Oh God pls save Hakeem's life. Welldone T-Dan.
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmmm embarassed sad
Re: My Crony by Babetolux(f): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
sad Am afraid ooooooo
Re: My Crony by Flakeey(f): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Pls save Hakeem, he must live and marry Aishat who will respect and adore him...

nice one..

d suspense na dieeee
Re: My Crony by Onemansquad(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
T.dan fud neva don
Re: My Crony by GbemiAjags01(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bros tee-dan,oya na. Abi you're on strike ni?
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hey guys! Update loading... coming at due time.. 9pm.

Join on AFRICAN MAGIC tomorrow... A show by Temitope Daniel.

Re: My Crony by Gideon9947: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
This suspense is too much to control,update soon pls.mr Tdan
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
EPISODE TWENTY.

The Doctor walked out slowly as he placed the stethoscope round his neck. He looked sad like Aishat was and came directly to Aishat. Em.. see me in my office. Aishat imagined as she placed her head on her palm.

"It won't happen, never!" She affirmed and looked around if she wasn't causing a scene. Definitely she did, eyes were on her because she exclaimed suddenly. "Is everything fine?" Tomi asked her as she tapped her slightly.

"Yes, it is." She replied instantly and stood up.

"Be gentle, take it easy." Tomi cautioned.

"I'm alright." She gave a sharp response and walked to and fro.

Hassan and Azeezat sat close to each other in the balcony as they discussed, that evening. "Why did you go to Moyo to tell her about me?" Azeezat questioned.

Hassan smiled and pressed his lips together before he replied her. "Just for the betterment of this family."

"What betterment? Answer me?"

"I want you to make Alhaji happy, I want you to be happy likewise." Hassan replied.

"When did I get you informed about my unhappiness? Tell me!" She looked annoyed.

Hassan smiled again. Even if he was chided more than that, he'd make sure everything went well with his sister. "Anyways, have you gotten over the issue of Hakeem?"

"Wait, what's your own business? Does it look like I'm joking? I mean this, Hassan, stay away from my life! Why do you keep behaving as if you're even my father? Alhaji's troubles aren't even as much as yours, be careful! I don't kmow why holidays exist, of not shouldn't you be in you Unilag or what?" She hissed and walked away from the balcony.

Hassan just kept smiling.

"How many minutes will it take these Doctors to treat just a patient?" Aishat lamented.

"His condition.. I think it's worst. He didn't look like he was breathing when I sighted him." Tofunmi said to her

"That's true, maybe the attack again. Only God knows what those guys did to him." Tomi yawned, she was tired already.

"I was afraid when I saw him, the blood stains and the condition he was. He must have really had the attack, even in a serious way.." Aishat spoke sadly.

"What really happened that day? How did it happen?" Tofunmi asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to talk about that. Hakeem really needs to wake up." She stood again.

"Just be patient, it costs nothing." Tomi said.

"I know, thank you."

It was some minutes after that Hastrup and Uthman walked into the hospital. They walked to Tomi and Tofunmi quickly. "How is he?" Both chorused.

"We've not seen the Doctors at all, still praying here." She replied.

Just then, a nurse walked out quickly. "The Doctor said you should see him."

"Just a Doctor?" Hastrup asked the nurse.

"Yes, let me lead you.."

"Common, lead the way.." Aishat tapped the nurse. They all followed the nurse instantly. "How is he?" Aishat asked the nurse, she was walking right beside her.

"I don't know.. I think his condition is really critical." She replied her.

"Critical?" Aishat sniffed.

"Yes, this is the office." She pointed at the door and halted. They all rushed into the office, Aishat led the way, she didn't remember to knock, Hakeem was all she was after.

"Good day sir." She greeted the Doctor.

"Yes, welcome all." The Doctor replied and smiled.

"Yes sir, how is he?" Tomi asked.

"Em.. You all came with him right?" The Doctor enquired.

Aishat was getting impatient, she wanted to know what was happening, she hated stories and long pauses. "Yes." She quickly replied.

"The guy's attack is really a critical one. I just called on my friends that are experts at it, all you need now is prayer. He's in a very critical stage." He said.

"We've been praying, just do all you can, Hakeem must not die!" Uthman said, his pulse had increased rapidly, he looked afraid. He held on to Hastrup's hand and stared at the Doctor. His eyes were unblinking, and concentrated fully on the Doctor.

"Yes, we have. Please sir, do all you can, we've been praying, we are still praying, Hakeem must live sir... please." Aishat was breathing heavily, the sound of her heartbeat could be heard a mile away, she looked very shocked and more frightened.

"That's what I'm doing, you should have rushed him here immediately he had the attack. Let me break some things down for you." He paused for a while and continued. "Asthma right?"

"Yes." They said together.

"Now, we call it Bronchial Asthma here. The prognosis is just about taking care of one's self properly, there's no strong cure for it. An asthmatic patient should always have good and proper self- management. There are things they should take in, I mean their allergies! He's having an extreme difficulty breathing, rapid pulse, severe anxiety due to shortness of breath, sweating and many more. When I used the stethoscope to listen to his lungs, I noticed wheezing sounds. Let me stop here, just keep praying, his condition is bad." He said and rested his back.

"All is well in God's name." Tofunmi prayed.

They returned to the reception after the Doctor had spoken to them. Aishat had been praying, as well as others. She cleared her mind away from bad imaginations and day dreams, sometimes,thoughts turns out to become the reality.

The professionals that the Doctor invited got to the hospital after many minutes. The Doctor walked out and welcomed them into the hospital. He stood with the two women and spoke with them for minutes before they walked into Ward Twelve.

Aishat kept her eyes wide open, she was walking around, praying. She made sure her mind was free from bad thoughts as she walked around. Hastrup closed his eyes and placed his head on the chair after him, he was tired already. Uthman had been praying too, all hoped all would be fine.

Not quite long after, a nurse rushed out of ward twelve to break a news. "Hello." She said as she moved close to them.

That got Aishat. She rushed to meet her as well as others. She looked dull as she stayed between them all. "I'm sorry oh, but I feel I should tell you this before the Doctor will come out himself. Em.. The guy you brought.. he just gave up now."

"Gave what?" Aishat held on to her uniform.

"Hakeem is dead?" Hastrup sat on the floor, he started weeping instantly.

Re: My Crony by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
ehn shocked , actor nor dey die for film o , Tee.dan go edit that update abeg , nor give me heart attack. cry

1 Like

Re: My Crony by aprilwise(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
See gobe,
Re: My Crony by uchebest2006(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Chai...Unu anukwa nu mu o{Una don Hear} T.Dan u hv made me shed tears o!!! This story will not end like ds oooo!!!
Re: My Crony by gbafched: 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
NOOOOOOO . . .
The nurse must have made a mistake. T-Dan, pls bring him back to life
Re: My Crony by Tbrak: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
No he must live fasting and prayer tins
Re: My Crony by chii8(f): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yeye nurse,who send am?

Maybe its anoda patient shaa.
Re: My Crony by hassan85(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
I don't like ds point of d story at all. it's not true better edit it and take away 'gave up...' away please... y should he die. Am really vexed ds evening
Re: My Crony by bibie01(f): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
No mind the nurse joor, she's doing busybody. Is it in her place to deliver such news? If they had sent her nau she wudnt av been able to tell them. She better be careful so she won't lose her job.

Cos Hakeem is not dead. It can't be true. He will fight it.
Re: My Crony by seunviju(f): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
That nurse no sabi wetin she yahn because doctor no send am.Hakeem no fit die o,kamari.Nice update

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.