Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Crony - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87788 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by Beckytee(f): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2014
It was Tominsin and Tofunmi's fault. How could they discuss such ting in a swiming pool? Guess it was those guys opposite dem dat did it...... Weldone boss, I love dis story. More plssss
Re: My Crony by Onemansquad(m): 2:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Beckytee: It was Tominsin and Tofunmi's fault. How could they discuss such ting in a swiming pool? Guess it was those guys opposite dem dat did it...... Weldone boss, I love dis story. More plssss
xur dtx wt am suspectin 2 ....cox dy left thr b4 others...it has bin planned already
Re: My Crony by onosj(f): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
#bringbackourAishat# Tdan more update abeg oh.
Re: My Crony by pricelesslove(f): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
pls bring back our girl. well done tdan.
Re: My Crony by Merblesh(f): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Catch up at last........Weldone tee
Re: My Crony by Babetolux(f): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bring back our changed Aishat......
Re: My Crony by VivyGift(f): 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
I pray Aishat is safe...
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
EPISODE SEVENTEEN.

"Aishat, how are you?" Hakeem quickly asked as he stood. He held the phone with a hand and his trouser with the other.

He was quiet for a moment before he took away the phone from his ear. "These ones are kidnappers for real." He said and closed his eyes tightly.

"What did they say? Who picked up the call?" Tomisin asked quickly.

"A guy... they want ten million naira ransom." He replied.

"10m?" Uthman stood up too, slack-jawed.

"Exactly, I don't know why some people are just too heartless." Hakeem hissed.

"What do we do now? Should the police be involved now?" Uthman asked.

"I was told if I bring them, they'll kill Aishat." Hakeem replied.

"I fear them oh, don't let us get the policemen involved. These kidnappers and thieves are just heartless, just like Boko Haram." Tomi said.

"There's no way we won't get policemen involved, those guys must be gotten." Uthman vociferated.

"There's no need, what we need is getting Aishat back, she the priority right now." Hakeem said.

"Anyways, I have an idea." Hastrup stopped abruptly and continued. "Let's track the money. He concluded.

"Yeah... we have a tracker.." Uthman smiled.

"Yes, we'll attach the tracker to a bundle of out of the money to know the location of the guys, then, policemen can come in." Hastrup said.

"Brilliant idea! That's a nice one.." Tofunmi clapped his hands.

"I have to call my bank manager right now." Hakeem said and scrolled through his contacts.

****++++****

DAY TWO.- OCTOBER THIRD.

It was seven o'clock in the morning, Hakeem just concluded the discussion with the kidnappers. He had been told to bring the money to the field at Peace and Progress Estate. They described the way to him and advised him not to play pranks again because it might cost lives.

Hakeem sighed, the money had been packed already, together with Hastrup's tracker in one of the bundles. "Bada, Peace and Progress." Hakeem informed his friends.

"What time?" Hastrup asked.

"5pm."

Hakeem had cancelled work that day, he slept on the three-seater sofa imagining how things would look by evening. He had been wondering if the policemen should be involved or not. He had been warned three times concerning the issue of policemen and any other pranks.

He remembered the threats concerning lives as he was told, was it his and Aishat's lives the guy meant? Whichever one, he had made up his mind he wouldn't involve the police, he hoped all would be well.

He had been reciting Ayatul Kursi, a verse in the Holy Qur'an which have immense power of Protection from any acts of Evils and also prayers for protection and help. He hadn't heard his Aishat's voice, he continued hoping all would be well.

Hastrup and Uthman had gone to the company, Hakeem had told them to go so that everything wouldn't be muddled up. He had been examining Hastrup's iPad that had the location of the tracker on it before he laid and started quoting the surah again.

He was still on the sofa when his phone rang. "Aishat." He muttered as he picked up the phone and saw an unsaved mobile number. He hissed as he looked disappointed and picked up the call.

"This is Derin." The sexy voice said to him.

Derin? What's this one calling me for? Does she know I'm not a kind of guy who's useless at all? he said to himself and greeted her. "How have you been?" Derin asked him.

Hakeem was not in the mood to discuss, he felt like snubbing her but controlled himself. "I'm good, I'm busy, I'll call you later." He replied her.

"Hakeem, you wish to avoid me right? I'm sure you aren't busy.." Derin's soft voice told him.

"See Derin... I'm busy." Hakeem ended the call and cllsed his eyes.

4:30pm.

Hakeem took a cold shower before he stepped out. He placed the iPad right beside the passenger's front seat and the box of money on the foot mat, right beside him. He called his friends and told them he was ready to leave. He had called Tomi likewise and got her informed.

He rebuked Hastrup and Uthman's company with him, it might be dangerous, he had thought and sped off.

He got to Legacy Guest House- the junction that lead to the Estate he was told to bring the money when his phone rang. He picked up the phone and glanced at the dashboard as he picked the call. It was 4:51pm already.

It was Aishat's call. "Yeah." He said.

"Honda Pilot, with the number- LND - 104 - BJ , the glass is not tinted so I can see you dressed in either a cream shirt or a white one." The voice told him.

Hakeem smiled. "Alhamdullilah, thank God I told these people not to follow me, if not.." he muttered as he applied the brake. "It's me, where should I go to?" He asked.

"I've been here, monitoring you. Just keep going straight, till you get to the Estate and finally the field." The guy replied him.

Hakeem peeped outside, he couldn't see anyone. He smiled again and drove on, he knew the guys must be around, peeking at him.

He finally got to the field, he was still on the call when he got there. "I'm there already." He told the guy.

He was asked to drop the money there and turn his car back, he'd see a turning by the left, after some seconds' drive, he'd see a big church. He was told Aishat was there.

"Thank you." He said and hopped into the car instantly, he drove as directed and got to the church. He could sight the big board, Sinai Baptist Church. He looked around for few minutes but couldn't find Aishat. He picked up the phone and dialed Aishat's mobile number again. "I can't find her." He said, instantly the call was picked.

The guy laughed wickedly. "This is just a tip of the iceberg, so you like this girl as we've been told? Anyways, if you really wish to get her, come with another five million naira tomorrow." The guy replied him.

"This is what I hate! I hate it when you don't keep to promise! This is not our..." Just then, the call ended.

Hakeem got umbrageous, he dialed the mobile number again but it wasn't picked. He walked back to the car and picked up the iPad as he called Hastrup. "The guys didn't release her." He informed.

"This is rubbish! Should I get the policemen now?" Hastrup asked him.

"No, I don't know where the guys are, but I'm sure they are watching me." He replied him.

"That's not my concern now, let's get the police."

"No, the money has moved away from the location I dropped it." Hakeem told Hastrup as he stared at the iPad.

"That will make it easier, come back home, let's plot how everything will be done."

"No, I'll hide somewhere here. Get the police." Hakeem ended the call and continued staring at the iPad. He zoomed the location and noticed the money had moved, he dropped thr iPad and drove back to the field.

He redialed the mobile number again, this time, it was picked up. "Release Aishat, it's not funny." Hakeem said, he was already angry.

"You think I'm joking? Is it because you've not heard her voice? Let me slap her here so that you can know what she's facing here." The voice replied him.

Hakeem was infuriated as he heard Aishat's cry. "He's really beating her." He said and his hearbeat increased. He opened his mouth slightly and picked up the iPad again. He came down from the car and looked around, he saw no one. "The guys must be in this Estate." He thought as he got back into the car.

He ended the call, alreading panting. He called Hastrup immediately and asked him how things were going. Hastrup told him he had contacted Tofunmi and Tomisin already.

He couldn't hold back his anger, he whined down the glass and peeped outside again. "I will trace them." He affirmed and picked up the iPad again.

He could see the direction clearly, he kicked the engine and drove forward. He could see that the green indicator was moving as he was driving, he got the tactics and continued driving till he got to the house. It was thirty minutes' drive before the tracker stopped.

He dropped the iPad and stared at the building. His heart almost skipped a beat, he summoned courage and got down from the car. He called Aishat's mobile number and could still hear her crying. He peeped through the gate and saw no one. I havd to hide, he thought and walked back to the car.

"These guys haven't gotten the police already, this is getting late!" He exclaimed and got to the front of the car.

"Who are you?" A husky voice asked him as the gate of the house was opened.

Hakeem shivered as he stared at the huge guy who asked him. "I'm..." he began stuttering until the guy came out and pushed him into the compound.

It was his shout that got the guy's attention. He was pushed into the living room, where he met three more huge guys. He could hear Aishat's voice faintly, from the living room where he was told to kneel.

"Are you Hakeem?" One of the guys asked him.

Hakeem kept quiet, he was shivering as he looked at each of the guys one after the other. "Can't you speak?" Another voice thundered.

"Get Aishat." Rooney, one of them ordered his guys.

Hakeem was reciting the surah he had been reciting since, he kept his head low as they brought Aishat out.

♥♥♥♥
Re: My Crony by seunviju(f): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hmmmm,this is getting more interesting but this kidnappers must hear it from me o cus am going to take action now but T-dan dnt plead on their behalf o when I start wit them.Lovely story and update,keep doing the best
Re: My Crony by pricelesslove(f): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
love oo love oo. things we do for love. well done.
Re: My Crony by Beckytee(f): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Na beg I dey beg oo, make dem no touch Hakeem o, if dem wan beat Aisha dem dey free, but make dem knw kill any of the two.... Following
Re: My Crony by thepatroit: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Weldone T. Dan. This is your best yet! I'm not talking about the story. I'm talking about your composition and grammar with minimal errors. I knew you could do it. Please keep it up. Nice story by the way. Thanks.
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 5:05am On Aug 20, 2014
#Following#
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2014
EPISODE EIGHTEEN.

FROM ALL INDICATIONS, trouble was brewing. Hakeem raised his head slightly to see Aishat's face, she had no blood stain on her but she looked pale and was crying. "Do you know him?" The guy on seat asked Aishat.

Aishat who was staring at his face was also shivering, Hakeem winked at her so she wouldn't tell the truth that would get him into trouble. "N..no." Aishat replied, stammering.

'Rooney' as the guy was nicknamed stood up angrily. "I'm asking for the last time." He growled.

"I don't know.." she didn't complete the sentence before the guy landed a slap on her cheek. Hakeem raised his head properly, his eyes popped more open as he wished to stand and attack the guy. But he had thought if that was done, he'd be killed instantly. "I'm asking again, before you're killed." He threatened and brought out a knife.

Hakeem held his trouser firmly. "I don't know him." Aishat repeated.

"No... I'm Hakeem." He chimed in as he saw the knife being raised up.

"So you are Hakeem for real.. so you've been lying to me, me... Rooney."

The guy took few steps to meet Hakeem and slapped him. Hakeem held on to his cheeks, who cared about that though? What he wished was that Aishat should be released. He turned his head and looked around, the guys were five, all looked huge and wicked.

If Hastrup got the police eventually, how would they know the place to come to? Hakeem had the iPad with him, he wondered how he'd get out of the trouble with Aishat.

Rooney faced Hakeem. "You think you are the heavy weight champion right? You think so? Alright, guys beat this Aishat up, I want to know if you are cool or not." He laughed wickedly again.

Hakeem stared at Aishat, he thought it was a joke until the guys started beating her up. Rooney stood by him with the knife so he wouldn't stand from where he was told to kneel down. It was getting much, how could they beat a lady in a rough manner? Aishat was dying, she had started bleeding, he thought as he hit Rooney's hand hard and the knife dropped.

He had always thought of it, struggling to get a life might eventually cost him death, but at least, his best would be tried also. He gained more strength due to his anger and pushed Rooney away, he slapped him hard, as he had been slapped earlier.

This got other guys' attention, they dropped Aishat and came for Hakeem. Hakeem had known they were approaching, the first thing that came to his mind was the knife that was on the floor, it might be used to stab him. He rushed up and picked the knife. "Come near me." He threatened the guys.

They all halted at once, Rooney struggled to stand up and brought out his gun. "Drop the knife." He commanded as he walked closer to Hakeem. Hakeem's strength was still right in place, he was breathing heavily as he held the knife up. He shifted a little to the left to check on Aishat, it seemed she had fainted.

Rooney laughed wickedly again and moved slowly toward his other guys. He still stretched the gun forward to Hakeem as he balanced-up. "For the last time, drop the knife." Rooney ordered. "Where are your guns?" Rooney asked his guys without taking off his eyes on Hakeem.

"We are not with it, we never knew.."one of them replied.

"This is rubbish!" He exclaimed.

Hakeem was shivering as he held the knife, he was facing a gun, anything could happen. He checked on Aishat again and met her still on the floor. He had been thinking, as he held the knife, if he should drop the knife, something bad might happen to him. "Get your guns." Rooney ordered his guys.

The guys all walked in and there was nothing Hakeem could do, Rooney was looking determined as he pointed the gun at him. Suddenly, Rooney fell to the ground.

Aishat didn't faint! He held his stomach as he felt a sharp pain. It was Aishat that hit him with a stool. She must have been pretending all the while, Hakeem thought.

He grabbed Aishat's hand and both rushed out. They were in the compound, behind the generator's house hiding. Hakeem didn't know how to open the gate, he prayed they wouldn't be gotten as he heard the voices of the other guys.

"Where are they?" The other guys chorused and rushed to the compound in search of Hakeem and Aishat. All Hakeem had was the knife, he picked up his phone and dialed Hastrup's mobile number when they were caught by the guys again.

He shivered, they were four guys, facing him alone. He had to comply with all he instructions and dropped the knife. They were ushered in with the guns as the guys kept shouting at them, any mistake would lead to their death.

Rooney was already gaining strength when they entered into the house again. He ordered his guys to lock both of them in separate rooms till he'd decide what to be done.

Hakeem was tied to a wooden chair in a room, he was tied so tight that he couldn't move. The guy slapped him and was laughing as he stood before him. "Are you James Bond? You think you can attack anyone anyhow? How did you even get to this house?" He asked him.

Hakeem kept quiet, he was just staring at the guy as he spoke. "You won't answer me?" The guy slapped him again.

Hakeem still kept mute, he took his eyes off him and hissed. He was praying silently, he was tied that he couldn't move his hand at all. He wondered if that was what Aishat had been passing through.

The guy hissed and turned his back at him. He brought out a box of matches and a stick of cigarette. He lighted it and brought a plastic chair to Hakeem's front. "Please.. I'm allergic to that, I'm asthmatic." He told the guy.

"What's my concern?" The guy smoked on as Hakeem managed to hold his breath. He couldn't turn his head but the windows in the room had been closed, there was no ventilation. "Please." He begged him again.

After some minutes of constant inhalation of tbe smoke, he started coughing, he knew trouble was on it's way, his eyes had gone red. Suddenly, his attack began.

This time, Hastrup just got to the police station to tell them about the kidnap. Seeing all that was happening to Hakeem, the guy still continued smoking, Hakeem was already dying as he fell, together with the chair he was tied on.

"Moyo, please oh!" Azeezat rebuked her as she closed her laptop.

"I was invited by Hassan to come and apologize to you, don't be adamant." Moyo said to Azeezat.

"You should be at your place of work, I'm getting ready to leave already."

Moyo smiled. "Why have you been rebuking Tesleem? What has he done wrong?" Moyo asked.

"Moyo! How do you expect me to get married to an unbeliever, a total sinner that'll start beating me after marriage." She snapped.

"Get this into your skull, you were the one who said it, you said I don't visit you and I came specially to talk to you today, Tesleem has changed."

Azeezat chuckled. "Who has changed? He can't change! That's the fact you're yet to believe, he's a person who won't change."

"According to Hassan, he said Dad wants to see your fiancee, he's been saying this and it can eventually make Dad annoyed and send you out of the house."

"He's not the only one who has a house, I'm working towards building mine. Better still, I'll rent a building."

"Even if you buy all the houses in the world, remember your dad is somewhere, not happy with you, remember if you don't obey your parents, your days won't be long on the land of the living." Moyo stood and left her office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:39am On Aug 20, 2014
thepatroit: Weldone T. Dan. This is your best yet! I'm not talking about the story. I'm talking about your composition and grammar with minimal errors. I knew you could do it. Please keep it up. Nice story by the way. Thanks.
Thanks Oga Patriot, m seriously still working on it, I'm editing all posts, thanks for dropping by.

Tee.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Nancydearie: #Following#
Good morning, Nancy.
Re: My Crony by Florblu(f): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2014
#following#
Re: My Crony by Cindydearie(f): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2014
More greese 2 ur elbow tdan
Re: My Crony by samsondavid(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2014
fabulous bro. sorry for nat being around o....

just give moi the address I will rush in and save Hakeem and aishat..

more ink to Ur pen @Tee Dan
Re: My Crony by SPSpecial(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Intresting. tdan,well döñ æææ
Re: My Crony by horlah1(f): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
T.dan more MB 2 Ūя̲̅ fone..interesting
Re: My Crony by bibie01(f): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nuffn shud happen to Hakeem n Aisha oo.
Azeezat, so sorry for what Hakeem did to you, just try n forgive him and move on.

Tee'dan, nice one as usual. Keep on d good work, love ya.
Re: My Crony by Nancydearie(f): 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nice Update,keep it up!!
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
My Hakeem o shocked cry

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Temmytayo20(f): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Following...

1 Like

Re: My Crony by gbafched: 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Update pls
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Gud morning
Re: My Crony by Lakeshizu(m): 3:27am On Aug 21, 2014
T dan Pls try changing some common words u use often "slack jawed" for example has been used six times. A replacement is welcome!!!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Lakeshizu: T dan Pls try changing some common words u use often "slack jawed" for example has been used six times. A replacement is welcome!!!
repeating a word in story writing is entirely not WRONG.. naw, give me three synonyms of slack-jawed.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:03am On Aug 21, 2014
gbafched: Update pls
The network was too poor yesterday... like too much! I waa battling with it, never knew I've wasted d time... that means two update must drop today... wink
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:05am On Aug 21, 2014
Temmytayo20: Following...
That's ma Temmy! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Elantracey: My Hakeem o shocked cry
My Tracey ooh... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.