Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:15 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1793574 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by opeyemmmy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: You are not serious. You get money wey person dey chop? angry

undecided angry

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bank2k4real(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
After the first scam...I decided to start my own business.

Check my signature below for what am doing now...

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
opeyemmmy:

undecided angry
Na true nah abi how you see am?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by opeyemmmy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: Na true nah abi how you see am?

You were mean to the guy. sad
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ademega(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Some depirate ones go as far as publicizing it in a daily news paper . I went to one like that ,come see graduates in wedding suits . At the end ,they asked us to hawk one energy drink for road ,that the more ur sales the faster ur promotion to a position of sales rep in any state in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
opeyemmmy:

You were mean to the guy. sad
Ok i'm sorry sir. grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
grin
ademega: Some depirate ones go as far as publicizing it in a daily news paper . I went to one like that ,come see graduates in wedding suits . At the end ,they asked us to hawk one energy drink for road ,that the more ur sales the faster ur promotion to a position of sales rep in any state in Nigeria
grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by opeyemmmy(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: Ok i'm sorry sir. grin

Go and sin no more. grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by opeyemmmy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
O'boi, sweet tori plenty for here o. grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omigin: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
I attended one In Ekiti state. I regretted, after sitting for more than 3 hours listening to their nonsense advice, we were told to come back the following day for proper screening.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by santagelo25(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Very funny how this people invade people's privacy.I wonder how they got my phone number.
Just when i was reading through the comments in this thread,i got an alert now and here is the message.

Telesource
Hi,come with your CV/passport to 77,Opebi Road,1st floor,Salvation B/stop,Opebi Lagos State.
Be prepared to undergo 2weeks training before proper job begins.Job placement opportunity after 2weeks intensive training.Call Odunayo on xxxxxxxxxxx..1st come,1st serve..

Sometime last month,i was sent a text from (M.R.C) somewhere in Challenge B/stop,Mushin to come for an interview.The message was almost similar to this..I did all i could to get information the company on google but all my effort was dashed.Call the number they gave but the person refuse to disclose what the company is into..So,i decided to give it a trial.On getting there,i met 2 other guys and we had wait for the interviewers for like 30mins.That was when i started having doubt about the company.When they finally came,they gave us a form to fill our Name,State of Origin etc and some funny questions like Where do you hope to be in the next 5 years?? A lady came out to address us with plenty,plenty motivational talks on why we should forget about sending CV's to Oil company,Banks etc.Not quite 15mins,a guy stood up and walk out.Immediately,i joined him because i have been to one around Unity street,Ikeja..What really annoy me is the fuel i wasted by driving down there.
Note:M.R.C means Medicure Resource Company.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by wrench: 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
ademega: Some depirate ones go as far as publicizing it in a daily news paper . I went to one like that ,come see graduates in wedding suits . At the end ,they asked us to hawk one energy drink for road ,that the more ur sales the faster ur promotion to a position of sales rep in any state in Nigeria
this got me ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
jude33084: Please I need HELP! My friend in PH said he was sent a test message informing him to come to Lagos for an interview with C & I leasing company in Lekki phase one. Admiralty way I think.

Please does anyone here knows about the company?

PH is far from Lagos as we all know

God Bless any good response smiley

The question is, did your friend apply to the company Before he got the invite? If he did, then he should have know all about the company and should'nt be worried about going for the interview.

And C & I Leasing is a big finance company. Currently listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and has been in business since 1990, with brances in Nigeria and Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Louislewis: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please beware of those that share flyouts on the street, those that glue posters with all manners of position that embraces every caliber of qualifications eg. from no qualification to pry school, OL,NCE,ND,HND, BSC and sometimes to MSC or MBA. Beware of those that will give you an instant feedback response message to invite you for interview immediately you apply. Finally, those that will ask you to pay for form or pay certain amount through a given bank account and return the teller number through phone no. BEWARE!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rman: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
jude33084: Please I need HELP! My friend in PH said he was sent a test message informing him to come to Lagos for an interview with C & I leasing company in Lekki phase one. Admiralty way I think.

Please does anyone here knows about the company?

PH is far from Lagos as we all know

God Bless any good response smiley

C&I leasing is legit and they help recruit personnel for MNC. I know a lot of outsourced staffs in telecoms that came in through C&I leasing.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lovingD(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
They would send interview message a day before the actual date for the interview,also most of their messages has grammatical errors
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olempe(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
ojsmscom: Grab the past sss job interview questions and answers call 08154834309

Another scammer!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by onihaxy: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bad market for GNLD

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ShirelleBaby: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
HR-TLIS....You are invited for Test &Oral Assessment on Wed 6-8-14 by 9am at 205 Borno-Way,Ladipo st,Total B/Stop,Oyingbo,Lagos.Check your mail for details.Ref:08067127096. THIS WAS THE ONE SENT TO MY MAIL AND NUMBER YESTERDAY
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by CodeineJunkiee(m): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
ojsmscom: Grab the past sss job interview questions and answers call 08154834309

So you are the Foo.l that has been bombarding my phone with silly text msgs. angry*now pulling out my phone no off my profile*

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chyviv(f): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Beware of Medpro Global Resources. They are nothing but big time scammers.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ituajude: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
I got a text like that from an unknown company..
sender: HRM/RES006
Message: After a CV review, we invite u 4 a Written Test/Job description on THUR 17/7/14 by 9:45am@203,Old Abeokuta motor Rd,Favor plaza opp Oando,Agege Pen-Cinema Lagos...

whether or not it was a scam, I do not know because I didn't attend the interview. it seemed strange to me because it was sent on 16/7/14 and the company name was not included..
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by undefeated(m): 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
I think the authorities would have to do more to clamped down those perpetuating such acts and make them face d law

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Memphis357(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
deen2us: Good morning mates, I went to one like that and they wasted all my time just to inform that they are into druG. The most annoying thing is that the guy gave us his pics to be looking at that its the company that sent him and his wife abroad after a year that he joined the organization. He said is after we filled the form, we can asked questions. It was a very awkward moment for me cos I was very annoyed.
That must be BossResources located in Ikeja.....
Those fuckers!!!! I was just too smart for them!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sistar007(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Almost fell for Sparklight Global resources but thank God I no hold 10k for pocket
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by abesin01(m): 12:28am On Aug 07, 2014
[/quote]
It is genuine.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:16am On Aug 07, 2014
Got dis too.Didn't even bother going grin
ituajude: I got a text like that from an unknown company..
sender: HRM/RES006
Message: After a CV review, we invite u 4 a Written Test/Job description on THUR 17/7/14 by 9:45am@203,Old Abeokuta motor Rd,Favor plaza opp Oando,Agege Pen-Cinema Lagos...

whether or not it was a scam, I do not know because I didn't attend the interview. it seemed strange to me because it was sent on 16/7/14 and the company name was not included..

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2014
Got dis exact message two weeks ago.They usually send it a day before the event.Any organized company would not give job seekers less than 24hts notice.Of course I didn't go cheesy
ShirelleBaby: HR-TLIS....You are invited for Test &Oral Assessment on Wed 6-8-14 by 9am at 205 Borno-Way,Ladipo st,Total B/Stop,Oyingbo,Lagos.Check your mail for details.Ref:08067127096. THIS WAS THE ONE SENT TO MY MAIL AND NUMBER YESTERDAY
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mezebel(f): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
. God will clothe u with witches and wizards arrow proof for sharing this post. Jst got a message with this content "HR/HZL/5. U are invited for a test/job assessment on 23rd july,2014 by 1.30pm at trinity house 84 itire road,by morgans bus stop mushin,lagos...it does not have any number to call and the company name... The code number is HR/HZL/5. Pls are they scammers also?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sistar007(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2014
abesin01:
It is genuine.

What is Genuine
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by toprealman: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2014
sistar007:

What is Genuine

It.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Funjosh(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2014
Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (268) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.