Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806728 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Arowojesoup(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2014
One company sent me a msg to paid 2500 into an account Fǿя me to get pass card to qualify me to write a test.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2014
Arowojesoup: One company sent me a msg to paid 2500 into an account Fǿя me to get pass card to qualify me to write a test.
Go and pay na grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chimeluiz: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
MissIndependent: Go and pay na grin

grin grin grin dis girl sef...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimeluiz:

grin grin grin dis girl sef...
. Na true na grin

grin grin grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2014
catchet: Are you a female between the age of 21-30 and want to help an infertile couple achieve their dream of having a child? then become an ovum donor today! attend our weekly seminars to know more and have the fertility experts answer your questions. contact The Viva center, 66 Oduduwa way GRA Ikeja Lagos. 07065121916, 08186088665. financial compensations include #4000 for transportation, #120,000 for inconveniences
Wetin be this? Womb for sale?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2014
MissIndependent: Wetin be this? Womb for sale?
grin grin grin grin you jam tire

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
2sExy1: grin grin grin grin you jam tire
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by EkeomaAmanze: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
I always receive such text messages talking about interview/job briefing. I have always and always neglected them. Infact as soon as I get the text, I will delete it.

To me the easiest way to know it is a scam/fake is, how can a company u never applied to, invite u for an interview? angry

I ask myself, when did I apply to this company and when did I write their test?

Keep a record of the jobs U applied to, it helps.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Miatha(f): 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hello house, pls who knows anything about Courteville business solutions plc? Got a text message from them to come for interview. thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gdevenin house. Pls I applied for a job at gva partners lagos. They called me for an interview yesterday which I didn't go for. They later called me again today asking why I didn't attend the interview and I told them I couldn't make it. They now said they will reschedule and get back to me. Am surprised why wil a company dat has so many candidates be calling nd askin such. Pls are they fraudulent

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Funjosh(m): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
bababububa: Gdevenin house. Pls I applied for a job at gva partners lagos. They called me for an interview yesterday which I didn't go for. They later called me again today asking why I didn't attend the interview and I told them I couldn't make it. They now said they will reschedule and get back to me. Am surprised why wil a company dat has so many candidates be calling nd askin such. Pls are they fraudulent

Hmmmm Every companies are fake now SMH.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Linksbond College,Ikorodu sent me job test invite.
Pls my ppu,what is d situations of thingz over there? Does it worth trying? Anybody dat knws 1 or 2 tnz about dz School shld share it wt me.
Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by quincie(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is this Address real or Gnld?

We refer to your application and hereby invite you to an interview as follow:JB HOUSE first floor left wing, 40B commercial av, Yaba on Thursday 28/8/14 at 11am

Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olajobsmaster(m): 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yes o, indeed Google is your best friend!
Here's another confirmed page for Job search in Nigeria: http://jobsmaster.com.ng/ - the NaijaGoogle for Job search in Naija!

LaurelP:

Yes, google is always ur best friend
You will also get info on most of dem here on NL
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olajobsmaster(m): 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
For safe online job surfing » http://jobsmaster.com.ng/ » no contact details submission, just visit and browse through your choices.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Royalejr(m): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
Are you a talented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit that loves web businesses and interested in learning and growing an online business? Vibe Web Solutions Limited is recruiting for a business development position for its online business. The business development position involves building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.

Benefit: 35,000 Naira + 10% Commission and opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience in running an online business.

Requirement: Bachelors Degree and completed NYSC with passion for web technology.

Interested candidates should come for interview on Thursday, 28th August 2014 with CV, 2 Passport Photograph and other supporting document to Vibe Web Solutions Limited, Suite 82, Asucon Plaza, 515 Ikorodu Road, Opposite General Patrol Station, Ile le Bus Stop, Ketu, Lagos.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MemorazziStudio: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Need a job? Well, a job needs you too!
Empower your CV & Cover Letter with a voice that attracts employers in seconds...

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lyly911(f): 6:19am On Aug 28, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
thanks.........also;i think a genuine company will never request for money before offering you a job
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by enimcnite(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Eniola,in respect of your application through online. P&C.Consortium,have shortlisted you for an interview schedule for 9am on Thurs.28/08/14@2nd floor two Ambalis house along lagos-ibadan express ,opp. Conoil Iwo Rd, Gospel bus stop,near ile marun.BATCH D....pls did anyone get this?.....is it genuine?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Onyenezide: 7:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Pls I would like 2 know, does anyone know abt STAV Ltd? I tried to find them through google but they aren't there. And they sent me an invite and with phone numbers to contact them. I'm confused.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ennyblaze(f): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Pls i got a call to com for an interview at travel house hotel opposite mega chicken lekki for front desk officer any info abt dem
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by liliangmail(f): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2014
ok nah
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by coolgeny1(f): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
pls who knows abt Dukwe Inc ? are d real or scammers?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by odunsing2001ya: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2014
We are an emerging marketing consulting firm in Abuja with good good client base and marketable clients products.

We seek highly independent and hard working individual to fill the roles of Independent Sales Representatives.

Ideal candidate must be based in Abuja and possess minimum of diploma certificate and must be willing to work strictly on commission only.

Commissions are very attractive.

Send CVs to odunsing2001@yahoo.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
I recently honoured an interview at Lekki. There was a lackadaisical approach from a young girl there. The company named EASY TAXI caused me to waste transport fare for nothing.
Imagine asking somebody of his credentials for a start. At the mention of "I did not come with it," the next thing was that they'll call me when the need arises. Not even when a job has been secured. The young girl was lucky that I did not whack her.

I had already warn the company in email to not try that mess again. They should not capitalise on the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria and use job seekers as an object of caricature
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sevantex(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
@eziotu...,u nor cari ur CV nd credentials go interview ni

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by opeyemisamuel: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nielbaba: Dem don upgrade ooo wit company namee. Still got one dis evenin. New age. Nigeria ltd. grin meanwike dem send me 1 3days agoo. Same company diff pone number and reff number, infact i got like 10 invitation from all dis stupid gnld pple dis last week thank God for google,i do find out the coy name and adress to see if they are real

Just got a message from New Age now and it says " U have been invited 4 an interview by Newage Resources on Tue 2nd Sep,2014 by 9am @ 5 yinusa Adeniji st. off mojid st ikeja,Lagos. Phone num and Ref;3316." Please is it real? Cos this is the 2nd time i'm getting a msg from them.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
eziotu: I recently honoured an interview at Lekki. There was a lackadaisical approach from a young girl there. The company named EASY TAXI caused me to waste transport fare for nothing.
Imagine asking somebody of his credentials for a start. At the mention of "I did not come with it," the next thing was that they'll call me when the need arises. Not even when a job has been secured. The young girl was lucky that I did not whack her.

I had already warn the company in email to not try that mess again. They should not capitalise on the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria and use job seekers as an object of caricature
You went for an interview without your cv. You are at fault.....who wants the job? You or them? (na who they find something dey get the longest hand). Next time, go with you cv, credentials(photocopy) and a written application letter.... the labour market is tough and very competitive. Many with cerifications are with you in that labour market yet no job, those are the same person you will become competing against for that position.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rOsy247(f): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2014
@OP u are right on that. I received a text message sometime last year that i have been invited to a job interview/briefing. I called the phone number to confirm, the man told me the interview was for a job in Agip company. I had my reservations abt it and the man observed it cos of the numerous questns i was asking him. HE told me to forget it if i doubt it cos there are many pple who needs the job, tht i should be grateful i was selected, just to make the job seem real. I went to AGIP anyways. Immediately i got to the gate of Agip i called him. He told me i should wait cos he was in a meeting outside the AGIP premises. i told him to still tell me where his office was so i can trace the place. He refused. i told him i will wait in the reception room then, he said waiting outside will b better. That was when it became obvious that it was a scam. Later he called to tell me i should send my cv to a particular email he gave me and i should deposit 20 thousand in a particular account number so he can process my data with his laptop and send to his Pa since he was in a meeting. I started preaching to him to repent cheesy before nemesis will catch up with him. Tht was when he knew i had already discovered he was a scam, he.hung up on me.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kentnickole(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Guys is this a scam?

Subject 2 CV submitted online 2 our ORG JOLLYGOOD LTD. U hereby invitd 4 an Interview @ Block 3 Flat 5 Godmon Estate Okota Lag 04/09/14 10:30am
HR 09030****62

Please help
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dia z one called True Life Integrated Services .... dat one na #11,500 for yeye license.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.