Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews (32491 Views)

How To Answer Tough Weird Google, Apple, Etc Interview Question / Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Swagavillage(m): 3:54am On Aug 05, 2014
ok

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 05, 2014
lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by henryobinna(m): 4:42am On Aug 05, 2014
what?.
they just want you to fool your self
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by kudoxs(m): 5:00am On Aug 05, 2014
#2. If I m from mars n want to solve a problem on earth,all I have to do is consult my father in mars n ask if there is a special meteorite that can solve all earthly probs.... U feel me sir?
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by successking401(m): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2014
Olucheye: 1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

1. Use it to Turn a traditional radio cassette.
2. Chop into small pieces, to be used spot markers
3. Remove the graphite in it and use it a lubricant for my lab machine or key lock as the need may arise.
4. Use to fix stubborn zip on my clothes.
5.open things sealed up in plaStic... Like a 5alive seal.
6. Put it in a ruler that has a hole on it and spin like we use to do in primary school. Helicopter of life, chief boredom savior.
7. Play drums and make music/noise.
8. The eraser could clean any corrections.
9. Would also serve as a makeshift ruler in times of desperate need. E.g plotting a graph... Axis X & Y.
10. A deadly weapon. For example, stabbing either the Carotid artery(ies) or jugular vein(s)

2. How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
If I was from Mars, problems on earth will be alien to me, hence the need to go into explorative research to determine cause, effects, and proffered solution.

On a lighter note, I'd wake up from my dream and stop imagining if I was from Mars. It's certain already that in this life, i will never be from Mars...I'm already an earthling!

3. What's the most creative way you can break a clock?

Remove the battery or knock out the engine cold.It will still tell the right time twice everyday.

4. A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don't know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning.

Drop the base of the pin first on the disk, the direction which the tip of the pin fall towards is the backward direction while the base will point forward.

5. You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

Number of Loops = N/2 - X(string's end)

Mathematicians, kindly help.

6. You want to design a phone for deaf people — how do you do it?

It'll only have only a vibrat*r (which one is romance machine again Seun) and a compatible screen, then a software that coverts all voice calls to text on his phone.
2. Phone will come with a real or virtual keyboard to reply both voice and texts all in form of messages.
3. Each notifications will vibrate to notify him/her of all alerts

7. How would you design an elevator?

Traditional styled with a couple of extra designs such as being opaque to people on the outside for privacy, music while you ride it on high rise buildings, fresh air vent for occupants from people who fart while riding.

8. Why should we not hire you?

I hate being stereotypical. Hence, if the offered job position isn't going to offer me challenges that will afford me developmental and mental growth via deep thoughts and adept research, I'll get weary and bored which consequentially will impede my productivity and contributions as a staff.

9. How do you compute the collision of two moving spheres? Give me both the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.

Sorry, I'm a graduate of the college of Medicine.
But I think it should be somewhat related to recoil speed.
If you remember Okeke Physics.

10. Name as many Microsoft products as you can.

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.tc
thumbs up!very good attempt.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by ein: 6:06am On Aug 05, 2014
missdebs: op pls post d answers
. You are still here now...wait I dey come make I search google.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Pretty tepid when compared to some questions McKinsey poses in their problem solving tests, McKinsey's PSTs are real brain racking stuff.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by InvertedHammer: 6:30am On Aug 05, 2014
/
The first right answer to any of these questions will be the look on your face. Remember that the interviewers are there staring at you.

2nd is your critical thinking ability.

3rd is about applied knowledge: Not cram and pass. They are looking for creative minds. The same goes for Boeing, Raytheon, etc.

\

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Galadimabawa: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2014
ajasbaba: this questions are really something else
believe You me this, I really don't thing I can respond to any of them correctly, maybe becouse am still at lower level.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Caseless: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2014
@olucheye. That 'romance machine' part funny die.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Brimmie(m): 7:11am On Aug 05, 2014
I was asked something close to these questions few months ago. smiley

Nigerian Companies should start asking stuffs like this instead of their yeye history questions. undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by robinicule(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerian company interviewers be like, who is the deputy governor of Taraba state.... embarassed.......as if u r gonna give me the job when I say it undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by ibietela2(m): 7:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Olucheye: 1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

3. Remove the graphite in it and use it a lubricant for my lab machine or key lock as the need may arise.
6. Put it in a ruler that has a hole on it and spin like we use to do in primary school. Helicopter of life, chief boredom savior.
9. Would also serve as a makeshift ruler in times of desperate need. E.g plotting a graph... Axis X & Y.
10. A deadly weapon. For example, stabbing either the Carotid artery(ies) or jugular vein(s)

If I was from Mars, problems on earth will be alien to me, hence the need to go into explorative research to determine cause, effects, and proffered solution.

On a lighter note, I'd wake up from my dream and stop imagining if I was from Mars. It's certain already that in this life, i will never be from Mars...I'm already an earthling!

Remove the battery or knock out the engine cold.It will still tell the right time twice everyday.

4. A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don't know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning.

Drop the base of the pin first on the disk, the direction which the tip of the pin fall towards is the backward direction while the base will point forward.

5. You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

It'll only have only a vibrat*r (which one is romance machine again Seun) and a compatible screen, then a software that coverts all voice calls to text on his phone.
2. Phone will come with a real or virtual keyboard to reply both voice and texts all in form of messages.

Traditional styled with a couple of extra designs such as being opaque to people on the outside for privacy, music while you ride it on high rise buildings, fresh air vent for occupants from people who fart while riding.

I hate being stereotypical. Hence, if the offered job position isn't going to offer me challenges that will afford me developmental and mental growth via deep thoughts and adept research, I'll get weary and bored which consequentially will impede my productivity and contributions as a staff.

9. How do you compute the collision of two moving spheres? Give me both the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.tc

correct guy...

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Virus777: 7:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Rubbish questions angry Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg, Steve Jobs etc, cannot answer those questions. Why subject their would-be-employees to such ridiculous and pointless questions? Those silly questions are not a test of one's intelligence quotient, period!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by udokpuenyi(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2014
ein: Interviews are never expected to be a breeze, especially if you are appearing for industry giants like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook etc. However, it is still possible to get stumped by a question like: 'How do you cut a circular cake into eight equal pieces?'

This question is part of jobs and career community website Glassdoor's annual list of ‘25 Tough Interview Questions'. We bring to you 10 toughest questions from the list asked during job interviews at top tech brands.

1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

2 How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?

3 What's the most creative way you can break a clock?

4 A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don't know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning.

5 You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

6 You want to design a phone for deaf people — how do you do it?

7 How would you design an elevator?

8 Why should we not hire you?

9 How do you compute the collision of two moving spheres? Give me both the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.

10 Name as many Microsoft products as you can.

Source: www.zolamandesign.com

Divide a cake into 8 equal parts:
1. First divide the cake into 2 equal part (180 degree)
2. Divide each each half of the cake (180 degree) into half getting 4 part 90 degree apart
3. Divide each 4 part 90 degree each into half (45 degree apiece)
4. 8 x 45 = 360 circular degree of the cake

You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

Here each string has 2 ends and N-strings have 2N ends.
For every tie, 2 ends, one from different strings are consumed.
so for 2N end: No of loops before the ends are consumed = 2N/2 = N loops

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by doeying(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2014

i do not know you ...but believe me...i love what goes on in your head...really cool....

8 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by icedpope(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2014
how much of these questions can u absorb? being an entrepreneur pays off a great deal.
#my honest opinion#
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Horlawoomey(m): 8:58am On Aug 05, 2014
Why the OP come post this kind questions for Nairaland, you wan make our Naija HR come copy questions use scatter Naija job seeker brain ? ... Person go just dey look like dummy for 15 mins before any attempt

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by ein: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Horlawoomey: Why the OP come post this kind questions for Nairaland, you wan make our Naija HR come copy questions use scatter Naija job seeker brain ? ... Person go just dey look like dummy for 15 mins before any attempt
lol...you too funny. Dnt worry the source website have solution in answering such question. Just over to their daily tips page.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by HighwayTech: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2014
I am also using d opportunity to make a request/recommendation to a very gud programmer and talented marketers based in ilorin at a new and young company
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2014
Y should we not hire u lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by eyenCalabar(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2014
[quote author=Olucheye]

where do you stay?
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Rufex07(m): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
If a teacher can't teach all subjects, why should a student know all subject?
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by shiffi(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2014
choi hmmmmm i comment my reserve

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by surveycash(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2014
I will rather do the asking
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by surveycash(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.t.c

Permit me to add, I'm a fresh graduate who's actively seeking internship opportunities with Public health related NGO's but I'm not limited to that, as I'd appreciate any opportunity to put to active use my versatility in any organization. I'd appreciate any opportunity to prove myself.
Kindly send me a PM on NL if you've got any available opportunities.

Cheers!

You are hired!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by holyboss: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2014
Can someone recommended this question for Prof Dibu Ojerinde as d new jamb question format

At least we won't av to worry about question Nomore
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
I bet their are no definite answers to these questions, I see them as "reasoning test"
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Olucheye(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by ChiSun27(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2014
It is well ooooo.....wetn?

Wake me up anyday....#selfemployedconscious
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by autchman144(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2014

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.t.c

Permit me to add, I'm a fresh graduate who's actively seeking internship opportunities with Public health related NGO's but I'm not limited to that, as I'd appreciate any opportunity to put to active use my versatility in any organization. I'd appreciate any opportunity to prove myself.
Kindly send me a PM on NL if you've got any available opportunities.

Cheers!

Q6 is N loops
Each string has 2 ends. 2 strings will have 4 ends. Tying them will leave u with 2 loops.... Same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Silly Mistakes Job Seekers Make / Experience In A Mortuary / N20,000 Weekly Remittance For Bolt Hire Purchase. Is This OK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.