Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx (19663 Views)

Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) / 40 Outgoing Corps Members Face Sanction In FCT / NYSC 2013 Batch A Library Thread; Find State You Were Posted Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by nextstep(m): 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
Silensa: what is this doing on FP? Is he clamoring for recognition?

If he is, then I say job well done. This encourages me and others to try and do something similar in our communities. Do you know how many times I've wished for a children's library, no matter how small, in my hometown? Even if it's face-me-I-face-you, 1 per village/town would make such a difference. He should definitely get recognition for doing something much more constructive and longer-lasting than blowing money on champagne or other effizi. It really pains me when I see the money spent in a single club in Abuja on drinks. I'd like to think that if I had that kind of money, I'd contribute to my hometown.

1 Like

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Kossyne(m): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ptoocool:

Muntula like you, who cares where he qot what he used from, inasmuch as he had done the needful, ah don't kia who sponsor him..

No need for the insult. Maybe you should have read the post I quoted. Just correcting an impression.
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by millionboi(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
POLITICS.....Trace d background u wil see dat he is one way related 2dem,Easy route 2access our oil Money!!NAIJA heh eh u

1 Like

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by pathardy(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
horlabiyi: Are you sure he's not a son of one our poliTHIEFans

No sir,
he is frm a humble background.

His core motive ar; to transform his imediate# Environment and to put smiles on the faces of people!
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by IamforGod: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
rushman003: This is really a good evening sixth on the list!!! Weldone corper..... I will do more than that i promised, awaiting corper on quene
with this ur english dey suppose rusticate you o.
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by nikolasx: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
So we shld tell our parents 2 start savin money 4 us 2 build library abi...pls can somebody tell me d objectives of dis nysc...
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by millionboi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
OPe u dnt regret latter,afta u might wait 4job lik 6mnths....al d bst shiaaa
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Ptoocool(m): 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kossyne:

No need for the insult. Maybe you should have read the post I quoted. Just correcting an impression.

Who's insultinq who here, ah bet u didn't read well b4 quotinq d post cos if u did, u won't be here correctinq 1 freakinq impression..
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
gen2briz: Is it e_library or manual
Automatic
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Kossyne(m): 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ptoocool:

Who's insultinq who here, ah bet u didn't read well b4 quotinq d post cos if u did, u won't be here correctinq 1 freakinq impression..

Sir if you are looking for an e-fight, pls check the next guy.
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
Owo nairabet.
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Ptoocool(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Kossyne:

Sir if you are looking for an e-fight, pls check the next guy.

5n, just qet d fvck off my post nxt time u see 1..
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by iamtheprincipal: 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
redcliff: I think these days corps members are doing this for competition. Everybody wants to build something not considering building standards. This building looks very substandard.

Why is it difficult for people of your likes to recognise and appreciate good deeds for once?
The dude is a corps member for crying out loud, he is neither the GMD of NNPC nor the CBN Governor. You expect him to build an entire school complex or the like of tha National Library Complex before you would learn the act of showing appreciation
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by IGBOSON1: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
Commendable effort....though he might wanna take a second look at the roof!
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by emanuel419: 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
we tank god 4 people like this cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
[quote
author=YoungDaNaval]Patriotic Citizen. By The Way, Gej Till 2023!!![/quote]

Even if all of u die finish
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by xp17(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
personally, I think its very wrong for a corp member to engage in a project that involves a lot of finances.
if he must do anything at his this stage, it should be a work that requires his personal efforts, maybe clearing the road to the market , village square, river or the palace. doing those are more humanitarian to me, rather than using money gotten from some unspeakable places to seek public attention.

the last I checked, a corp member only get less than 20k naira paycheck per month , that he would struggle to live on for 30days. telling me the Patrick guy did this, is like saying your dad gave you money for tuition, but ,because you handed the money over to the cashier, that automatically makes you the sponsor and get credited for money you didn't work out for.

anyways, for thinking of doing such a massive project at your level, i say well done sir, irrespective of the source of the money. because if many woulda had same opportunity, only few would actually do likewise. you could have bought a car with it. you know? but you chose to put it in for a worthwhile inventory
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Too late to comment
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Atmmachine(m): 12:20am On Aug 14, 2014
Is this a shrine or a library ?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by redcliff: 12:22am On Aug 14, 2014
iamtheprincipal:

Why is it difficult for people of your likes to recognise and appreciate good deeds for once?
The dude is a corps member for crying out loud, he is neither the GMD of NNPC nor the CBN Governor. You expect him to build an entire school complex or the like of tha National Library Complex before you would learn the act of showing appreciation

He does not need to build a library of this poor standard both building wise and furnishing wise to pass a message across that he likes the community he served in.. i for one find that building very distasteful and because it was poorly built...now forget about the furnishing..whats the reason he would build a library of this abysmal standard? Because he wants to maximize the wherewithal at his disposal just to have it on record he built a library for his community. That nuilding is not worth calling a library...its poorly built, simple
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 14, 2014
Two faced person,one time condem,another time commend,desist cos it aint good for ur health.
xp17: personally, I think its very wrong for a corp member to engage in a project that involves a lot of finances.
if he must do anything at his this stage, it should be a work that requires his personal efforts, maybe clearing the road to the market , village square, river or the palace. doing those are more humanitarian to me, rather than using money gotten from some unspeakable places to seek public attention.

the last I checked, a corp member only get less than 20k naira paycheck per month , that he would struggle to live on for 30days. telling me the Patrick guy did this, is like saying your dad gave you money for tuition, but ,because you handed the money over to the cashier, that automatically makes you the sponsor and get credited for money you didn't work out for.

anyways, for thinking of doing such a massive project at your level, i say well done sir, irrespective of the source of the money. because if many woulda had same opportunity, only few would actually do likewise. you could have bought a car with it. you know? but you chose to put it in for a worthwhile inventory
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by iamtheprincipal: 1:01am On Aug 14, 2014
redcliff:

He does not need to build a library of this poor standard both building wise and furnishing wise to pass a message across that he likes the community he served in.. i for one find that building very distasteful and because it was poorly built...now forget about the furnishing..whats the reason he would build a library of this abysmal standard? Because he wants to maximize the wherewithal at his disposal just to have it on record he built a library for his community. That nuilding is not worth calling a library...its poorly built, simple

You seem to be living in your memory/dream lane here and have completely lost touch with reality and the actual state of affairs in the Nigerian state.
Have you been to our public schools to see the nature & the status of our libraries?
If yes, you would appreciate this young man, who has done this much in pulling resources together from project sponsors and leaving behind for his PPA, a library as this.
If in your opinion, you stated that "this building is not worth calling a library," what then were your legacies during your service year?

2 Likes

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by xp17(m): 1:10am On Aug 14, 2014
uplawal: Two faced person,one time condem,another time commend,desist cos it aint good for ur health.
I induct and deduct, and alight the pro and con.
you see, in politics, the party you condemned today might make you its flag bearer tomorrow. that's why you don't have to be an extremist.

if you condemning an act, try not to push it to the extreme, because it's not good for your health.
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 14, 2014
redcliff:

did it at any point cross your mind that he probably did it for people to be able to read and because he would rather not wait for anyone,he used what he had to build what he could or maybe he did ask for help and people like you tried to shut him down..Just a thought

1 Like

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by horlabiyi(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2014
pathardy:

No sir,
he is frm a humble background.

His core motive ar; to transform his imediate# Environment and to put smiles on the faces of people!
he did a very great thing then. May God bless him
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Davidolives(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2014
this is so unfair and all these aids corruption. where did a corper get such amount? the ones teaching in the villages are the ones that deserve these awards. i mean those that diligently served
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by georgecso(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Obi Patrick Simon build and furnished a Library with modern facilities in Ketti Community of Abuja Municipal Area Council.

I really commend him for his effort but where are the modern facilities?
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by owellej(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2014
pathardy: A batch A Corps Member with FCT-code 13A/1303, Name; Obi Patrick Simon build and furnished a Library with modern facilities in Ketti Community of Abuja Municipal Area Council.

He also emerge the overall best serving Corps Member of the batch.

Below are some of the Library Picx
well done Patrick, u re a true son of okija, an ambassador of anambra state university, Ezigbo nwafo Anambra, truelly Light of d Nation

1 Like

Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by blaazoon22(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2014
gratiaeo: Hmmmmm
This Igbo people self.
Those Yoruba and Hausas corpers they are posting to Igboland are 2 stingy and poor
Point of correction.
It is ur Igbo brethren dt are stingy bc whr ever u find a coper's project like d library above , such is always sponsored by d persons(indegenes) frm dt
Community. The coper is only a facilitator and d one who conceives the idea, sells it out to d king and elders who supports it.

So my guy, if u no dey see projects like all dz ones for una village u better start to dey support all d corpers.

Let me be frank with u, there are a lot of corp members willing to do great projects but d community like urs are rather too stingy.

I am a state honours awardee (best coper in my time ) and I knw wht I went thru getting funds!
Ofcourse , dt landed me a national honors nomination too! Thx
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by johnahmed: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.Forupgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by teufelein(f): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
"If Ojukwu was alive l will personally knock on his doors and ask him to forgive my grand fathers for the stupid decision they made in listening to Hausas and Yorubas against our brothers"
>>Asari Dokubo
Re: A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx by Festusfaith(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
I want to use this medium to congratulates my colleagues popularly called (AJU AyA) for the journey so far as it is not easy i must say. AS student life is the best anytime any day. Now during your service year, it is better and a very good thing to starts researching on how to starts a brand new thing, what new innovation to lay your hands upon? where will this idea be located? and when to starts a brand new thing. Not untill after your service at all you will be thinking of how to provides answers to those questions. he who failed to plan will find it tough to make an head way, write your visibility study required to implement your new idea while you are still in the service. After your service just go ahead to carry out your proposed plans. by this you will employs many of your colleaques and eventually reduces the level of unemployment in our country.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Corper: I Lived On 1500 A Month Sometimes / Insecurity: Over 100 Corps Members Withdraw From Saturday’s Election Duty In Imo / FG Deploys 9,100 Corpers In North-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.