Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians (670 Views)

Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama / Why Does Google Think That Nigeria Will: / China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
In light of the Ebola scare (fruit bat, bush meat), I have been thinking of other outbreaks that are sourced from eating meat or chicken.

Bird flu/SARS, HIV, etc.

I think these are signs pointing to how unsustainable eating animals is for us. I honestly think that adopting a plant based diet or vegetarianism is best for us...the worst that we can indulge in is maybe fish but I find that solely plants is the best way to go.

Many esoteric sects of religion hold vegetarianism in high regards and a lot of unclean foods highlighted by Islam.are from animals.

I'm currently following a vegetarian diet and am happy for it. It is easier than you think to tailor Nigerian foods for this purpose.

Thoughts?
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Africans ain't goats
ebola or no ebola
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: Africans ain't goats
ebola or no ebola

So are you Leopards and Dogs?

I'm not sure why the animal comparisons are necessary.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 2:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Goats eats leaves/grass
chulla12:

So are you Leopards and Dogs?

I'm not sure why the animal comparisons are necessary.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: Goats eats leaves/grass

Leopards and Dogs eat meat.

So?
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 2:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Oh God. If you don't understand my metaphorical expression, never mind.
chulla12:

Leopards and Dogs eat meat.

So?
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: Oh God. If you don't understand my metaphorical expression, never mind.

Oh I understood it perfectly.

I was wondering how that metaphorical expression diffuses the argument I presented since many animals eat all kinds of foods, including meat. undecided
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 2:34am On Aug 05, 2014
You said Africans should become vegeterians. But only herbivores(i.e goats) can deal with eating leaves,vegetables etc.. Africans cannot stay without their meat. End of story
chulla12:

Oh I understood it perfectly.

I was wondering how that metaphorical expression diffuses the argument I presented since many animals eat all kinds of foods, including meat. undecided
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: You said Africans should become vegeterians. But only herbivores(i.e goats) can deal with eating leaves,vegetables etc.. Africans cannot stay without their meat. End of story

Africans are omnivores like the rest of humanity and can live without meat. There is no evidence to otherwise.

If we Africans were open to many other aspects of foreign culture I don't see why we can't tailor our meals towards a vegetarian preference.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 2:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Never mind. My point simply was, I don't think Africans would stop eating meat just because of this ebola scare, at least most of them.
chulla12:

Africans are omnivores like the rest of humanity and can live without meat. There is no evidence to otherwise.

If we Africans were open to many other aspects of foreign culture I don't see why we can't tailor our meals towards a vegetarian preference.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by oilyngbati(m): 2:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Rather than Africans being vegetarians, they should be wiped off the face of the earth. They are completely useless, I wish I can lay my hands on nuclear bombs---Africa will be history.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 3:02am On Aug 05, 2014
Self hate or trolling, whichever it is you're doing- stop it.
oilyngbati: Rather than Africans being vegetarians, they should be wiped off the face of the earth. They are completely useless, I wish I can lay my hands on nuclear bombs---Africa will be history.
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by oilyngbati(m): 3:14am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: Self hate or trolling, whichever it is you're doing- stop it.
I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious and I'd gladly join the entire black African race that should be wiped off. I'm disappointed and frustrated that some black african leaders are in the USA for the USA-African summit---they see how a civilized country is built, yet they refused to replicate such.

On the other hand, China/Malaysia/Japan/Singapore and the rest of them have modernized. Of what use is Africans to humanity, other than to spread killer diseases like HIV, Ebola, et.al?
Re: I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians by mstik(f): 3:43am On Aug 05, 2014
Self hating, then. If you hate your kind so much, you have very serious issues.
oilyngbati: I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious and I'd gladly join the entire black African race that should be wiped off. I'm disappointed and frustrated that some black african leaders are in the USA for the USA-African summit---they see how a civilized country is built, yet they refused to replicate such.

On the other hand, China/Malaysia/Japan/Singapore and the rest of them have modernized. Of what use is Africans to humanity, other than to spread killer diseases like HIV, Ebola, et.al?

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Document Exposing Pdp’s Plan To Rig Osun Elections Leaked / Fascist Propaganda/apc? / How Liberian Govt Cleared Patrick Sawyer To Travel To Nigeria With Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.