Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding (9521 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
MARKone: Stay off your spouse's fone angry
Did he tell you to answer his phone for him, or you don turn to answering machine.

See what she wrote
Jenchi: I woke up to use the bathroom and my husband’s phone was buzzing about 11pm.

He was fast asleep as I picked his phone and saw nude pictures of a girl named Tolu who lives in Akure. Apparently he has been begging her to send pictures saying how much he misses her and calling her same pet names he calls me.
Are you saying she should have ignored the ringing phone seeing that hubby is sleeping or maybe she should have gone to wake hubby and tell him his phone is ringing.

This marriage thing is a serious business. If you ask whether there should be privacy with your phone in marriage, people will ask you what you need privacy for and ask what you are trying to hide. If you pick phone, they will ask you what business you have with your spouse's phone and that when you find something you will definitely see something.

@OP- Please try and talk to you husband first. He might have an explanation for that. Pele pupo.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
jumzzy448:

I tire oo. See how she carry the tin like say na her mata.
lwkmd, na so na.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by shizzle11(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
stewpid op did copy and paste without acknowledgment, and people are busy advising her.

shegen yarinya kawai! angry

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by MrBenSun: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
sugbon Op, ori re ti buru o..won sepe fun o ni? just barely how many weeks after your wedding? I wonder at your thought process.... Men cheat, yes..every now and then... it's a stale gist.. just tell it to his face then bury the hatchet after that..it's that simple..don't let little things like this ruin your marriage, most importantly your happiness
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by MrBenSun: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
Chynx: "Seek and you shall find".

Before people start giving you funny ideas that could break your marriage; I want to leave you with this old rural adage: "If everybody begin look wetin dey inside river before them drink water, na him be say nonody go drink water again".

1. Surprise him. Invite him for an evening walk, a movie or somewhere naturally calm and cosy...thats if you haven't confronted him already. There, you bring up the topic and trash it out...away from third parties. If he is reasonable, he will respect you.

2. Leave his phone alone. You have yours.
Trust me; if he picks up your phone and gently runs a peruse, he will see a couple of things that would be frowned at...not necessarily promiscuity.

Everybody is entitled to a degree of privacy...no matter the intimacy you share.

#TruthIsBitter

I love #1.God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by thorpido(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dem say na copy story so no advice to give.

However,I don't understand this,'don't touch your husband's phone' advice people are giving.Two people are married and they can't see what is in each other's phone?Anyway,there are odd things that work in some people's marriages so as long as it works for you,so be it.
Me wey my wife dey carry my phone dey browse,wetin i go hide.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by BellaSwan: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
The earlier wives realize that most men cheat, the better it will be for everyone. I suspect ur husband has always done this but u never noticed. U can talk to him about it has gently as possible cos trust me he'll try to accuse u for invading his privacy. Also, u need to play ur part as a good wife n forget about other female distractions.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
BellaSwan: The earlier wives realize that most men cheat, the better it will be for everyone. I suspect ur husband has always done this but u never noticed. U can talk to him about it has gently as possible cos trust me he'll try to accuse u for invading his privacy. Also, u need to play ur part as a good wife n forget about other female distractions.
So what now happens when the husband comes home with HIV and Co that he harvested from these ''other female distractions''

Why can't we just be an advocate of ''NO CHEATING'' instead of trying to encouraging it and expecting the woman to accept it and act like all is well. It is one thing for your partner to be cheating on you without your knowledge, it is another thing for you to be aware and be expected to KEEP QUIET. I don't know if i can take that o.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Ahuitzotl: 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yes, forget about other female distractions and run the risk of contracting an STI or STD...Presumably,Contractin Ebola from the sexcapades of an adventurous husband wouldn't be a bad thing....

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
thorpido: Dem say na copy story so no advice to give.
However,I don't understand this,'don't touch your husband's phone' advice people are giving.Two people are married and they can't see what is in each other's phone?Anyway,there are odd things that work in some people's marriages so as long as it works for you,so be it.

God bless you and keep you.
I get so overwhelmed reading things here. Then you go to HCT clinic and see plenty "see no evil say no evil " wives testing positive during antenatal. Yet we treat cheating as a non issue that wives should accept.If a man wants to play with his life fine but if he is having unprotected se-x with me I have a right to be aware and protect myself

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

I get so overwhelmed reading things here. Then you go to HCT clinic and see plenty "see no evil say no evil " wives testing positive during antenatal. Yet we treat cheating as a non issue that wives should accept.If a man wants to play with his life fine but if he is having unprotected se-x with me I have a right to be aware and protect myself
Exactly. A man goes out to have all those sexcapades with women of all shapes and sizes and still wants to come back to use same instrument on wifey? hell NO.......
When i go to make my hair and the likes, i go with my own items to avoid stories that touch so why won't i be bothered with something of that magnitude.
I am so sure that a man that is having unprotected sex outside with not come home and use condom with his wife...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Godmystrength: Exactly. A man goes out to have all those sexcapades with women of all shapes and sizes and still wants to come back to use same instrument on wifey? hell NO.......
When i go to make my hair and the likes, i go with my own items to avoid stories that touch so why won't i be bothered with something of that magnitude.
I am so sure that a man that is having unprotected sex outside with not come home and use condom with his wife...

I buy brand new neddles everytime. Come tothink of it, I wonder why ladies will buy 100k hair yet cant buy 6 needles for N50 naira needle to protect themselves. How in this age and time do you use salon reused neddles to fix your hair?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by BellaSwan: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Godmystrength: So what now happens when the husband comes home with HIV and Co that he harvested from these ''other female distractions''

Why can't we just be an advocate of ''NO CHEATING'' instead of trying to encouraging it and expecting the woman to accept it and act like all is well. It is one thing for your partner to be cheating on you without your knowledge, it is another thing for you to be aware and be expected to KEEP QUIET. I don't know if i can take that o.

Cheating is here to stay. As long as the word exists, it MUST surely happen. Cheating differs with men. Its either they cheat on u with a single partner or with multiple ones. Even men r scared of STD's but its hasn't stopped them from playing "away" matches.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by SAMBARRY: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ok so I am back

all this peeps shouting its just 3weeks.how about the women caught in the act of adultery few weeks after marriage. If that were to be the case I will have been reading she's a b1ch, she's a wh0r

Don't make a ho a house wife abi how una dey talk am grin

anyway this is my solution to the mrs "ashokofe"

Separate not divorce. E.g leave the house for him and let him frolic with all the women he wants to. For every mad man there's equally a crazier woman. One of his "customers" will teach him an unforgettable lesson. By that time you won't be there when he is nursing his wounds abi na ego grin wink

Like a prodigal son he will come back and search for you, when he finds you he will appreciate you better. Yoruba talk say them no dey tell mad pikin make he go misbehave outside, na when them teach am lesson he go find im way back home. God save you say you never get belle cool

all this suprise him, invite him for cinema all that one na super story.man wey e eye dey outside dey outside, if he like make e marry miss world.na because of them awon omo igboro dey build house and buy car tongue

truth sweet na wink

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by SAMBARRY: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

I buy brand new neddles everytime. Come tothink of it, I wonder why ladies will buy 100k hair yet cant buy 6 needles for N50 naira needle to protect themselves. How in this age and time do you use salon reused neddles to fix your hair?
guilty as charged cheesy

The reason is it's not necessary, its just one needle, it will misplace so what's the point. Anyway to the matter every one has their lives to live . Apparently she has numerous options, the choice is up to her. Make she no sha come back and narrate stories that touch.i don taya for all this my husband is shetin on me tale for nl.ishhh
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by orobs93(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Sometimes I am surprised with some advise people give,just 3 wiks and he is begging for a necked gal's pic and u are telling her not to divorce the idiot,So wen should she nw divorce after 10 years of marriage when she mite b struggling with different women for her matrimony home,why not now when she is still fresh attractive and av not given birth.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by SAMBARRY: 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
I tire o.

there's a hospital in front of our house and you see women literally walking corpses.some heavily pregnant looking so gloomy and dejected coming out of the hospital looking like vegetable wey nobody gree buy.hmnnn.this hiv matter is not a casual matter the way some people dey carry their deek use do public service lipsrsealed
aisha2:

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
BellaSwan:

Cheating is here to stay. As long as the word exists, it MUST surely happen. Cheating differs with men. Its either they cheat on u with a single partner or with multiple ones. Even men r scared of STD's but its hasn't stopped them from playing "away" matches.
Okay sir.
Cheating is here to stay and the earlier wives realize that most men cheat, the better it will be for everyone. good of you.

How come men are always complaining about nagging wives? why haven't i heard anyone say nagging has come to stay and the earlier husband realize that most women nag, the better it will be for everyone. mind you, nagging implications is not like cheating implications so i am not trying to compare but just giving an example.

What is BAD is BAD and there is no justification whatsoever for cheating.
plus CHEATING is CHEATING to me. Whether with one single partner or with multiple ones. The end result is SAME....

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by thorpido(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

Amen.
So true.My section in d hospital is close to the H2H clinic.If the wife is not to know what's going on with the husband cos everyone should have privacy,when the thing shele,won't the wife be a part of it.
A woman once told me she subjects her man to tests except he is willing to use a condom cos she's not sure of him.She says she has to at least live for her children.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by SAMBARRY: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
500 million likes for you.

Awon e.chaunvenists. by their posts you can imagine the way they run their homes. Awon public husbands aka oko asewo
Godmystrength: Okay sir.
Cheating is here to stay and the earlier wives realize that most men cheat, the better it will be for everyone. good of you.

How come men are always complaining about nagging wives? why haven't i heard anyone say nagging has come to stay and the earlier husband realize that most women nag, the better it will be for everyone. mind you, nagging implications is not like cheating implications so i am not trying to compare but just giving an example.

What is BAD is BAD and there is no justification whatsoever for cheating.
plus CHEATING is CHEATING to me. Whether with one single partner or with multiple ones. The end result is SAME....

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by BellaSwan: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Godmystrength: u obviously misunderstand me. I'm not encouraging men to cheat but women still hv to know that they do. What's ur solution for the op? To fast n pray? That would work but it won't be immediate. So what does she do in the mean time, pack out of the house? I'm only trying to be real here.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
thorpido: Amen.
So true.My section in d hospital is close to the H2H clinic.If the wife is not to know what's going on with the husband cos everyone should have privacy,when the thing shele,won't the wife be a part of it.
A woman once told me she subjects her man to tests except he is willing to use a condom cos she's not sure of him.She says she has to at least live for her children.

Heart break cant even define it. You treat and describe marriage as a pot of soup needing changing then you risk a whole family's life just because you feel eating different soups is your right. I dont even say much again because it seems advocating for fidelity means one is possesed or stupid. The women who refuse to have standards, the man who refuses to protect his family it is well.

I know a family of 7 being gradually wiped out, man first, then 3 of the 5 kids. The wife has refused to admit the truth and get help, she prefers going to churches and one by one the infection is becoming fully blown among them all. Its just sad

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
SAMBARRY: guilty as charged cheesy
The reason is it's not necessary, its just one needle, it will misplace so what's the point. Anyway to the matter every one has their lives to live . Apparently she has numerous options, the choice is up to her. Make she no sha come back and narrate stories that touch.i don taya for all this my husband is shetin on me tale for nl.ishhh

One wrong prick and there is trouble. You can always buy whenever you go to the salon its only N50 for 6 oh, you can always buy. Health is not something to be careless with
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by SAMBARRY: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

One wrong prick and there is trouble. You can always buy whenever you go to the salon its only N50 for 6 oh, you can always buy. Health is not something to be careless with
yes o madam.thanks for the admonition smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
BellaSwan: @Godmystrength: u obviously misunderstand me. I'm not encouraging men to cheat but women still hv to know that they do. What's ur solution for the op? To fast n pray? That would work but it won't be immediate. So what does she do in the mean time, pack out of the house? I'm only trying to be real here.
sorry if you think i misunderstood you. But my position still remains same.
As for the bolded, let her talk to her husband and then both of them should go for HIV and Co test. The result of these will then help determine the way forward. and until then, no unprotected sex with hubby.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
@OP:

Speechless for now
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
One of the studies not in PDF:

The result of the testing among the pregnant women showed a high prevalence of 7.8%, which will serve as a baseline data. This is higher than that of the national prevalence among the general population in Nigeria of 4.4% [2] and lower than the prevalence of 8.2% recorded in a study in Jos by researchers. [8] Records from other studies gave a prevalence of 1.0% among blood donors in Port Harcourt, [9] 3.1% among unemployed people in Port Harcourt [10] and 8.2% among couples attending the fertility clinic in Sagamu. [11] A similar study among pregnant women in Okene revealed a prevalence of 2.83%. [12]

A significant proportion of those who tested positive for HIV were in age group of 16-45 years, which are the productive and sexually active age group [Table 1]. This agrees with the study of HIV infection among pregnant women in Nigeria [8] and another study in which the reactive cases were within the age group of 20-29 years. [12] Other studies on HIV seroprevalence among other study populations had their highest frequency among the age bracket of 20-29years. [8],[10],[13] The probable reason for this is that people in these age groups are more sexually active than those in other age groups, and are more likely to have multiple sexual partners, thereby increasing their risk of contracting the disease.
Table 1 :HIV seropositivity among the age groups

Click here to view

Analysis of the educational status of the pregnant women in this study showed that a greater percentage of them had no formal education. The HIV prevalence was inversely associated with increased educational status [Table 2]. This could be the result of the positive influence of education and public enlightenment/awareness on the disease.
Table 2 :Prevalence of HIV in relation to sociodemographic characteristics (education and occupation) of pregnant women

Click here to view

Percentage of infection among the different occupational groups varied; the highest being among housewives, followed by business women [Table 2]. However, there is no statistical significance between the HIV prevalence, educational status and occupation of the study population (education: P-value = 0.576; occupation: P-value = 0.766).

Sixty percent of the 231 pregnant women screened for HIV were in the 2 nd trimester of gestation, and 13 of the 18 reactive were in the 2 nd trimester. This showed that the majority of the pregnant women in the study booked at 2 nd trimester of gestation [Table 3]. This is important in mounting a sensitization campaign on the need for HIV screening of women before and during pregnancy so that intervention could be started early to prevent the transmission of the virus from mother to child. There are studies that showed decreased MTCT of HIV with the early introduction of ARV drugs. [14],[15],[16]
Table 3 :Seropositivity and period of pregnancy

Click here to view

Conclusion
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by BellaSwan: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
Godmystrength: sorry if you think i misunderstood you. But my position still remains same.

I'll still like to know what ur suggestion for the op is.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Godmystrength: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
BellaSwan:

I'll still like to know what ur suggestion for the op is.

Godmystrength: sorry if you think i misunderstood you. But my position still remains same.
As for the bolded, let her talk to her husband and then both of them should go for HIV and Co test. The result of these will then help determine the way forward. and until then, no unprotected sex with hubby.
that is my suggestion.
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by thorpido(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

Heart break cant even define it. You treat and describe marriage as a pot of soup needing changing then you risk a whole family's life just because you feel eating different soups is your right. I dont even say much again because it seems advocating for fidelity means one is possesed or stupid. The women who refuse to have standards, the man who refuses to protect his family it is well.

I know a family of 7 being gradually wiped out, man first, then 3 of the 5 kids. The wife has refused to admit the truth and get help, she prefers going to churches and one by one the infection is becoming fully blown among them all. Its just sad
it's sad.Many wives need to up their standards.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
The first part of the research: Mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the dominant mode of acquisition of HIV infection for children, currently resulting in more than 200 new pediatric HIV infections each year worldwide. In most cases, MTCT of HIV is believed to occur close to or during childbirth.
Materials and Methods : A hospital-based descriptive cross-sectional study was carried out among pregnant women attending the antenatal clinic at General Hospital Minna, Nigeria, to elicit their sociodemographic characteristics and determine their HIV status. Structured questionnaires and interviews were the tools used for the collection of data.
Results: The mean age and age range of the respondents were 20 years and 20-42 years, respectively. Of the 231 samples collected, 18 (7.8%) tested positive for HIV, and 11 (18.2%) of these were students.
Conclusion: The study showed a significant HIV prevalence, which could serve as a baseline data for subsequent monitoring of the disease among pregnant women in Minna. And, there is need for sensitization of people on voluntary counselling and testing and other core interventions of prevention of maternal to child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV, such as anti-retroviral prophylaxis, safer delivery and infant-feeding practices in view of its advantages.
Keywords: Antenatal clinic, HIV seroprevalence, Minna, Nigeria, pregnant women

How to cite this article:
Ndams I S, Joshua I A, Luka S A, Sadiq H O, Ayodele S B. Human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence among pregnant women in Minna, Nigeria. Ann Nigerian Med 2010;4:14-7

How to cite this URL:
Ndams I S, Joshua I A, Luka S A, Sadiq H O, Ayodele S B. Human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence among pregnant women in Minna, Nigeria. Ann Nigerian Med [serial online] 2010 [cited 2014 Aug 5];4:14-7. Available from: http://www.anmjournal.com/text.asp?2010/4/1/14/73871
Re: My Husband Is Already Cheating Three (3)weeks After Our Wedding by isokey: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
thorpido: Dem say na copy story so no advice to give.
Honestly, it sounds so absurd @not touching ur spouse phone. This OP story is really disheartening, as it could be true. I really get scared of this marriage issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David / My Maid Sees Me As The Wicked One While My Husband Is The Good One. / Kid Calls Police To Avoid Bedtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.