Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,313 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (80541 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Rooneyboy(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
okparaugo:

Near Enugu governors lodge..

Forgotten the name..

independenc layout /okpara square .......
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by kobonaire(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Here is a 'beautiful' arial view of the city at night..... sorry if not very clear ...#PHCN@work
lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by mojounited(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State smiley

11 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by wizard01(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ok na
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Rooneyboy:

independenc layout /okpara square .......

Okpara square preferably . I schooled at independence layout.

I dey reason the name of the road leading from New Heaven junction to the Governors lodge. That's the road we are viewing..
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by tonychristopher: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Owerri city is so beautiful that its known as the last Vegas of the east . I was born and schooled there but recently I couldn't trace roads again

the new Owerri is so on point

then another sexy and fine city is Enugu that place is so neat then calabar and uyo are so on point ..served in Benin that you place is ring road ..that's the only nice place there ..oh ph is still okay

then kd is fine Jos is OK but Muslims are messing em up

we got some nice places

go to other African countries even Ghana cities are messed up like New town liman tarakodi. ..then see Lome and Okada mayhem

have you seen Haiti or Kingstown go to Asian cities in Vietnam and funny districts in Thai wan you marvel

appreciate what you got

even some places in London is messed up like Kent then Bronx in NY or Compton in Cali

10 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
customized07: adae fear that calabar road shocked shocked shocked

Obudu cattle ranch resort..
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Willgates(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh: Uyo

development is so wide spread in Uyo such that pictures of beautiful places hardly repeat....you see new mouth gaping images each time. Unlike ibadan and that notorious flyover

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Litmus: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
These types of posts may act instead as holiday brochure for all of poverty stricken Africa to head for Nigeria instead of Italy...so beware

hmmm, what if Italians take a lead from such posts and start posting good stuff about Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Rooneyboy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Bororojo: Nigerians don't know the real meaning of beautiful...... all these pics range from mediocre to downright terrible....
maybe when you guyz travel outside the country, you would realize that what is being celebrated as excellence in Naija is just average at best.

mr traveller nobody said that Nigeria is the most beautiful country in the world, what the poster is trying to say is that Nigeria and Africa as a whole Isn't a forest filled with wild animals as they always paint it to be.

14 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by passion007: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
okparaugo:

Okpara square preferably . I schooled at independence layout.

I dey reason the name of the road leading from New Heaven junction to the Governors lodge. That's the road we are viewing..
Bisalla
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Chidera1915: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wow I never new Nigeria is did beautiful
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by safarigirl(f): 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wale112: upon on all your oil this how your city looks...Dubai,Qatar etc see the difference even Angola. Naija carry last
see who dey talk, even Accra no go even smell Kaduna sef.

Ghanaians can never compare Nigeria to their sewage country, everytime it's "..Nigeria isn't better than SA" now it's Dubai, Angola, thank God you know na we dey run things for WA.

Relax, you never even see Abuja, PH or Lagos and those pix of Uyo and Calabar are just outskirts of the cities, not even the main place.

If we vex post pix of Banana Island now, you go pack your kaya from Tema and enter container wey go carry you reach Lagos. Omo rada rada

19 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by semitunde: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wale112: upon on all your oil this how your city looks...Dubai,Qatar etc see the difference even Angola. Naija carry last

These are not even the best pictures of each of those places. I know I've seen better even on Nairaland.

The last wipe-out did many of the pictures in though.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by philtex(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Abuja REP. But Na IGBO pEopLe Spoil Am. sad

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
passion007:
Bisalla

Okay.

One better hotel dey for the left hand side of that picture..
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh: As an active user of Google, I noticed that the western media stereotype of African countries has gone beyond CNN and BBC. If you ever tried using Google image for example to search for Nigeria or our African counterparts, you are most likely to see images of poverty, famine, war, corruption, maps and desert and/or forest. All the negative stuffs are all piled up to make us look bad.

Now let’s talk about Brazil, for example. Brazil is poor. There is prostitution. There is horror. There are drugs. But what is the image of Brazil in the world? The image of Brazil in the world is the image of a country that is successful, that is progressive, and that is exciting. The Brazilians themselves have taken the agenda in their own hands to promote it. Same could be said about other South American/Asian countries that are not really doing better than us. The trend of stereotyping Africa as one homogeneous nation has damaged the reputation of countries that are really doing well.

In Africa, we have abdicated our responsibility to drive our own image either consciously or unconsciously and that is why I have decided to collect some good pictures of most cites in Nigeria hoping that with the help of the remarkable traffic on Niaraland and other site I intend to work on, I would atleast make a statement. Enjoy the pictures

Abia

Brazil is poor? I don't think you know what you are talking about. They are the 7th richest country in the World. Now if you said there are poor parts of Brazil, then I would agree.

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Ahuitzotl: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
**Searches photogallery for Ibadam roof pictures to post on thread****

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ooshinibos: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
neuljosh: As an active user of Google, I noticed that the western media stereotype of African countries has gone beyond CNN and BBC. If you ever tried using Google image for example to search for Nigeria or our African counterparts, you are most likely to see images of poverty, famine, war, corruption, maps and desert and/or forest. All the negative stuffs are all piled up to make us look bad.

Now let’s talk about Brazil, for example. Brazil is poor. There is prostitution. There is horror. There are drugs. But what is the image of Brazil in the world? The image of Brazil in the world is the image of a country that is successful, that is progressive, and that is exciting. The Brazilians themselves have taken the agenda in their own hands to promote it. Same could be said about other South American/Asian countries that are not really doing better than us. The trend of stereotyping Africa as one homogeneous nation has damaged the reputation of countries that are really doing well.

In Africa, we have abdicated our responsibility to drive our own image either consciously or unconsciously and that is why I have decided to collect some good pictures of most cites in Nigeria hoping that with the help of the remarkable traffic on Niaraland and other site I intend to work on, I would atleast make a statement. Enjoy the pictures

Abia

You better off , sending the pictures to google portals ..or upload to cities of the world website ..or thought google map would have done this automatically but you are right the west love the poverty pictures of Africa or black people .

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Beautiful just committed suicide after viewing this thread, and the pictures.

R..I.P Beautiful!

P.S: stop celebrating mediocrity, there's absolutely nothing beautiful about these "cities" or should I say glorified-towns? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by passion007: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
okparaugo:

Okay.

One better hotel dey for the left hand side of that picture..

Yep.
Golden Royale and
Blue Island Hotels.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by henxrist(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
As if You can compare these pictures with atleast the few stadium pics we saw in brazil, not to talk of the rest...
Lets 4gt sentiments pls. We are still miles away. "man dey pas man".
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by iconize(m): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mediocre....

Whoever brought this thread to the FP should be flogged with wet wire.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by timilehing(m): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Beautiful picture of most Nigerian cities?! What is "most in just 10 states" represented?? Its not even half of the states and yet, it made front page?? smh

I said, nairaland mods should be probed.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Rooneyboy:

mr traveller nobody said that Nigeria is the most beautiful country in the world, what the poster is trying to say is that Nigeria and Africa as a whole Isn't a forest filled with wild animals as they always paint it to be.

no, it is not a forest filled with wild animals- but those pictures aren't beautiful either- represents the height of urban decay.
you know sometimes it could be nicer to live in a peaceful and tranquil rural area, than an urban one- Nigerian cities exemplify just why....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.