Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (80607 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
smh can we ever get there? with the kind of leaders we've had till date undecided
sometimes i just wish the whites didnt leave..........just imagine what they've done to south Africa. do you think the South Africans could have done that on their own

jakiedudu: Looking forward to when Nigerian cities will look like this:

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by jakiedudu(m): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Future Jos City smiley

[img]
image ru[/img]

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ikweremilitant: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
grin
neuljosh: IBadan
op are u sure this is ibadan? Something is obviously missing.nd take a wide guess angry
neuljosh: IBadan
op are u sure this is ibadan? Something is obviously missing.nd take a wide guess
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by jakiedudu(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
peppyluv02: smh can we ever get there? with the kind of leaders we've had till date undecided
sometimes i just wish the whites didnt leave..........just imagine what they've done to south Africa. do you think the South Africans could have done that on their own

Don't loose hope yet. There's hope for Nigeria. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
I am sad that those words came out of your mouth.

So do you see yourself as being less than the white people ?
peppyluv02: smh can we ever get there? with the kind of leaders we've had till date undecided

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
___
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by lexxylalas2(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
I love my country...Lovely views..
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by kstyle2(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
I know these cities may not be as paris,glasgow.oslo and what have you, but some of them are quite pretty. We just need to get our acts right by eliminating corruption,religious and ethnic bigotry and viola, we are good to go
God bless Nigeria
God bless our president
Good people...great nation

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
Amen o! that is why i always encourage people to build and develop their hometowns. Lets stop concentrating on some particular places.

jakiedudu: Don't loose hope yet. There's hope for Nigeria. smiley
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Sagamite(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
If you regard these as beautiful, then you must have very low standards.

That is like saying Bose Arowosegbe is beautiful while other countries are producing Amber Rose, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Scherzinger, Meagan Fox and Kelly Roland.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
I don't see myself or Africans being less than them but i wonder why most good things of life have to come from them. I'm not supposed to question God but i sometimes do.
If Jesus and Mohammed were Africans, the Arabs and Whites,would they have accepted them?.........topic for another day,let's not derail.

GenBuhari:
I am sad that those words came out of your mouth.

So do you see yourself as being less than the white people ?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ehispapa(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
OP i did not see any city, i only saw pictures of buildings. Chai naija is so backward that we have nothing to show.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by RayCharles(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mutuwa: That kaduna pix na wa o! Abeg put better one.
I tire oh. U no see better foto put? I no even sabi where bdat for Kaduna
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by piagetskinner(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mutuwa: That kaduna pix na wa o! Abeg put better one.
Me self wonder o
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
who released this dog

philtex: Abuja REP. But Na IGBO pEopLe Spoil Am. sad
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2014

ya thats why south Africans don't travel too much

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
That's true

donnypool:

ya thats why south Africans don't travel too much
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2014
wow! Uyo is Beautiful,I must say.
I pray the plans of my Governor(Obiano) goes well,Anambra will be more beautiful than it is. The man is ready to work and all he asks from his critics is time and support. He surprised them with his achievements just within 100 days in office.
I wish our leaders will sit up,go to Nasarawa state,you will weep undecided

mojounited: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State smiley

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Sagamite: If you regard these as beautiful, then you must have very low standards.

Nigerians in Nigeria have very low stanards, didn't you know that before now? lmao
You see a governor paving a road that has been non-motorable for 20 years. After the job is "done" the so called "new" road would have no signs, no embankments, no drainage, no side walk for pedestrians, even the tarring quality is nothing to write home about.....
but you will see people shouting and jubilating, drumming and bowing- blowing "so so and so" governor's horns, like they just discovered the road leading to paradise.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by ayemidun08(f): 12:13am On Aug 06, 2014
bonny island is d most beautiful city mentioned here, dats where I like spending my holidays in Naija for naw........Ask Tiwa Savage....... dats my view anyway
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 06, 2014
ok undecided
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 12:15am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo:

Nigerians in Nigeria have very low stanards, didn't you know that before now? lmao
You see a governor paving a road that has been non-motorable for 20 years. After the job is "done" the so called "new" road would have no signs, no embankments, no drainage, no side walk for pedestrians, even the tarring quality is nothing to write home about.....
but you will see people shouting and jubilating, drumming and bowing- blowing "so so and so" governor's horns, like they just discovered the road leading to paradise.....

LOL what you say is true Brother Bororojo, but don't you stay in Nigeria? Or do you live abroad? If you had your way, how would you improve Nigeria?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 06, 2014
And what did your god buhari do? undecided

GenBuhari: Nothing beautiful about those pics.

We have set our standards and expectations so low that we celebrate normalcy as excellence undecided
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 06, 2014
okparaugo:

Yes, your parents cluelessness and valuelessness.

I am not part of clueless people.

I can turn a desert to a fertile land.

So if you are talking down, refer to yourself..

The fact we have wicked people in power does not mean we don't have Nigerians with Hearts of Gold..

Look at you! Aren't the so-called wicked people in power a reflection of the Nigerian populace? Or is it the so-called wicked people in power marauding northern Nigeria, kidnapping young girls, butchering students and bombing innocent souls for foreign religions?

Is it the wicked people in power who are scamming people from place to place in the South, engaging in ritual killings, fake pastoring, armed robberies, prostitution, female endangerment/discriminations?

Is it the so-called wicked people in power who are responsible for the lax, sub-par quality of all manners of services from the mama-put joint to so-called private "hospitals?"

There is little to no innovation or invention in our youths. We spend days formulating the best ways to instigate tribalism and petty country/country competitions in social networks, instead of actually networking, coming up with exciting start-ups, scientific ideas, and productive discussions. Outside social media, our youths engage in cultism, kill, fight wars, rape, abuse, rob, prostitute, scam, deceive one another. The so called educated ones among us run away to foreign lands and are content to watch their home countries suffer while they play second fiddle to other races, working mediocre 9-5 shifts or (at worst) engaging in menial and degrading jobs despite their so-called PHDs.

Nigeria and Africa at large is a failure, and you and I are very involved in our collective woes. No amount of image laundering in this thread will deviate from the bitter truth. A clueless race is what we are!

Don't blame sh*t on our leaders only!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL what you say is true Brother Bororojo, but don't you stay in Nigeria? Or do you live abroad? If you had your way, how would you improve Nigeria?

lol bro, i travel- and i have seen a lot in my life to know that Nigeria still has a long long way to go......

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2014
meanwhile, the governor's family are in Europe or USA..........lol

sometime ago,Gov Peter Obi visited a particular boys school in Anambra. While talking to them,he encouraged them not to consider traveling after school but stay and develop Nigeria. one of the boys got up and asked him 'Sir,where are your children?"

Bororojo:

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2014
@OP...here are pictures of Singapore...a small island in Asia that managed to turn around poverty in a few decades.

This city alone shits on Calabar, Lagos, Enugu, and other so-called "high-class" Nigerian Cities:

[img]http://www.sdms.co.in/images/Singapore%20Holiday%20Package%20Banner%202.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 12:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo:

lol bro, i travel- and i have seen a lot in my life to know that Nigeria still has a long long way to go......

Spoken like a true nomad

I agree with you. There is a long long way to go. A lot of it is due to the corrupt leadership who just embezzle the nation's money and do absolutely nothing positive with it in order to improve our infrastructure. You sound very well-read brother and educated.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by jakiedudu(m): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2014
chulla12:

Look at you! Aren't the so-called wicked people in power a reflection of the Nigerian populace? Or is it the so-called wicked people in power marauding northern Nigeria, kidnapping young girls, butchering students and bombing innocent souls for foreign religions?

Is it the wicked people in power who are scamming people from place to place in the South, engaging in ritual killings, fake pastoring, armed robberies, prostitution, female endangerment/discriminations?

Is it the so-called wicked people in power who are responsible for the lax, sub-par quality of all manners of services from the mama-put joint to so-called private "hospitals?"

There is little to no innovation or invention in our youths. We spend days formulating the best ways to instigate tribalism and petty country/country competitions in social networks, instead of actually networking, coming up with exciting start-ups, scientific ideas, and productive discussions. Outside social media, our youths engage in cultism, kill, fight wars, rape, abuse, rob, prostitute, scam, deceive one another. The so called educated ones among us run away to foreign lands and are content to watch their home countries suffer while they play second fiddle to other races, working mediocre 9-5 shifts or (at worst) engaging in menial and degrading jobs despite their so-called PHDs.

Nigeria and Africa at large is a failure, and you and I are very involved in our collective woes. No amount of image laundering in this thread will deviate from the bitter truth. A clueless race is what we are!

Don't blame sh*t on our leaders only!
Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2014
chulla12: @OP...here are pictures of Singapore...a small island in Asia that managed to turn around poverty in a few decades.

This city alone shits on Calabar, Lagos, Enugu, and other so-called "high-class" Nigerian Cities:

[img]http://www.sdms.co.in/images/Singapore%20Holiday%20Package%20Banner%202.jpg[/img]

Yah many countries in Asia are doing extremely well right now. Overall, I would say that the Asian continent is doing the best right now.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 06, 2014
These are pictures of Oslo, Norway - hardly a skyscraper in sight, but this does not detract from the pervasive comfort and livability that shines through the city:

[img]http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/b9/04/a0/66/42/e4/0a/18/16/50/a3/0b/d5/87/f5/36/oslo.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.omniplan.hu/2003-Oslo/DSCN1423-Oslo-Kings-Castle.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.jernbaneverket.no/Documents/1%20Mapper%20for%20bildekarusell/1%20Stasjonsoversikt/Hovedbanen/Oslo%20S/oslo%20s4.jpg[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Fulaman198(m): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Yes High speed train systems would be a blessing in Nigeria.

What about this guys, we already know that Nigeria is not where it should be. Instead of putting down our beautiful nation, can we not discuss ways that we can improve it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.