Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad (40557 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 10 Things About Living Abroad: No Turning Back / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by victorix(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
glitest:

Yeah right!.
People such as yourselves, are the ones who end up longing to smell Oshodi market again.
hehehe, i would buy all what i need from Oshodi b4 i move grin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by M4gunners: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
On point I missed the following number,2,3 and 10.Permit me to add one thing i really missed.Watching EPL together with my Chelsea , M United fans Friend.We will be laughing @ the losing Team.At the end of first half we go to a nearby bar drink one one Bottle of Star.for here nobody have time to do that with you.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by mployer(m): 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nobody is missing 'pure water' and okada smiley
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by englishmart(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
That annoying moment when people who are still happily living in oshodi claim to miss nothing about Nigeria. As if they are in the U.S or outside Africa.

Back to the topic.
I've been in the U.S for quite long now. I think the U.S.A is more favorable than Nigeria.

You can make some dollars from every little thing you do. #no free labor#
you know?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by redsun(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
igbsam:

This is part of what we miss too when abroad. Lagos Street Drama

With all those speakers blasting everywhere under the hot sunshine like iwaya. All the agberos doing their thing "disorganizingly" but at the same time making some cool monies from transporters. Mama put joints(iya iya iyabo or iya bisi) in every nook and crannies with non stop traffics of people from all walks of life,including children.It is a since to behold and participate in once in a while.

Nigeria is a great country,the problem is lack of strategic policy makers and executioners.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Malakh: 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
stevecrun: sent you a PM bro..abeg,make we yarn offline abeg.
i could not find any mail but all i'm saying is just be mindful of naija guys u hang with, you no be small pikin , wishing you safe trip
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by mecussey(m): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mentcee: I miss Norway. I enjoy Nainja now. .

were you in Oslo? back to topic...you dont know what you have until you lose it. Naija is sweet sha, Norwagian food na nonsense. I remember eating uncooked pig with flower and icecream inside the same plate for some huge krones.
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by igbsam(m): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
redsun:

With all those speakers blasting everywhere under the hot sunshine like iwaya. All the agberos doing their thing "disorganizingly" but at the same time making some cool monies from transporters. Mama put joints in every nook and crannies with non stop traffics of people from all walks of life,including children.It is a since to behold and participate in once in a while.

Nigeria is a great country,the problem is lack of strategic policy makers and executioners.

Well said....couldn't have said it better
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Malakh: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
MsNas: 1. I miss aboki Suya grin
2. I miss Naija Meatpie
3. I miss going out to the market with my mom.
4. I'd never ever miss Lagos Conductors angry
5. I miss Amala, Gbegiri, Ewedu and Orisirisi grin
why dont you cook those things for me,let me paying for the shipping
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by popson1st: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Shekau..
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Malakh: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
stevecrun: Send me a mail on stevecrunAT yahooDOTcom.
ok no biggies, i gat u, not immediately tho, mine is henryadetunji at yahoo
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by cao(f): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'm surprised you didn't mention the night sky...thanks to the lack of light pollution (PHCN always holding power) in Nigeria, you get to see the night sky more. All my years in England, I've only experienced blackouts thrice, it's always funny. Some folks would be panicking.

Number 9, you can actually get a bargain, if you ask. Obviously, you don't try this in a supermarket or a proper store, but you can do this in 2nd hand shops.

C'mon, you can even get free water (tap water) over here (UK), just ask. Some places might try to charge you though. The last place I went to that did this, I took the glass they served me with. I would tell them they charged me for using the pint glass. I would even give them additional warning that I would be taking it, they'd agree.
Seriously, I do not want to get arrested for a pint glass...that would be highly embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Malakh: ok no biggies, i gat u, not immediately tho, mine is henryadetunji at yahoo
sent you a mail..
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Ahmeduana(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
victorix: sad Mtcheew if i go abroad, i no go smell dis country.......
BEWARE OF WHAT YOU WISH FOR! NA UNA TYPE DEY SPEND 100 YEARS OVERSEAS PENNY UNA NO GO GATHER HOME UNA NO GO FIT COME!
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by gidjah(m): 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
bebe2: Two things I certainly dnt miss,

Owanbe, I attend parties every weekend in the summer.

Street food, am very happy to miss it. Filthy food. Everything full of sand undecided
NOT TOO CORRECT DEAR,you attend this party under good weather and friendly atmosphere with our kind of local food over there?abeg talk true na!some of us too once lived there.has the 'good',less sandy and 'clean'food you eat over there made u more healthier than us here?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by BlueMagic2(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
4k all that. The only thing i miss is the amala, isiewu,nkwobi. looking forward to having a feel soon
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by buchibabe: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
I miss everyti except no 6. Dose conductors can be rude ehhhh.with dia smelly armpits stretched across ur nose to collect moni frm a passenger
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by IamDejman(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
I miss Naija...currently in Dubai embarassed sad

cnt wait to get back!!!!!!! grin cheesy
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by buchibabe: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
FOR REAL I MISS.............

NOTHING!!! lol
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bebe2(f): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Malakh: every weekend you say, you don turn akata be dat

Hahaha

One nairalander ask me dat day,

Na every weekend u dey go party ? Bro leave me o grin

If u see one woman wey carry four children follow body and dey dance wit her hands in the air, holla BeBe2 I go answer. grin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bebe2(f): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
gidjah: NOT TOO CORRECT DEAR,you attend this party under good weather and friendly atmosphere with our kind of local food over there?abeg talk true na!some of us too once lived there.has the 'good',less sandy and 'clean'food you eat over there made u more healthier than us here?

Hmmmm , most likely undecided

Next?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
cao: I'm surprised you didn't mention the night sky...thanks to the lack of light pollution (PHCN always holding power) in Nigeria, you get to see the night sky more. All my years in England, I've only experienced blackouts thrice, it's always funny. Some folks would be panicking.

omg this is so true ! the night sky always looks so pretty to look at. smiley

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bebe2(f): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
banega: Okay, You live in the U.K?? Seen!!

Na sin?
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Emmaomotob(m): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
MissYuzedo: True facts...

Btw...i hear boomba is trending in uniport
A fact is always true grin
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Kossyne(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
kobonaire: I miss Nigeria a lot..... I am in Ghana right now .. undecided

Y u no go miss naija. Ghana na abroad?

6 Likes

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
bebe2:

Na sin?
Not at all, Enjoy!! wink
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
People abroad also miss generator sOund
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by bebe2(f): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
banega: Not at all, Enjoy!! wink

I will tnk u kiss

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by hadleyk: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
I miss free parking
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by elopee3000(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Stupid comparison why don't u ask what VGC residents miss about amukoko or Idi oro mushin angry
Re: 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad by Blockus: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
imperioux:

Lies!!!

In NYC, car stereo can blow you off. NOISE!

In Manhattan, car honk, surging sun heat and hold up will always remind you of Idumota.

Manhattan... I miss nothing about New York except the ghetto called Harlem. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation / Man’s Parked Jeep Wrangler Smashed By A Tree Being Cut In ikoyi, Lagos / Disabled, Blessing Mary Ocheido: Asky Airlines Destroyed My Motorised Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.