Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* (30106 Views)

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
dBard: Nice..
but really not practical in d typical Naija setting.
For e.g, am planning my wedding n keeping it low keyed, but still expecting approx 400+guests f white n 200+ f trad.
Somethings can't b helped.

Was really hoping f tips I could use.

Doing d S.A.P but d waistlines not bin cooperative grin

lol @dbard. 400 guests isnt low key again o! Tips? Start by cutting down on the no of guests, then you will save more on food,drinks and decor. grin

You dont have to spend a lot on your dress too. grin

At the end of the day, it all boils down to individual taste. I know i will have spent more if i had had the wedding in Naija, despite the fact that it was small.

thank you.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congratulations, all so beautiful, elegant and classy, everything so on point and well detailed.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by damiso(f): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Happy wedding anniversary TV01 May God continue to keep and bless your home.I so feel your 'one of' wedding anniversary days thing grin We have 3 but just choose to celebrate the white as the main the main.

Ladygogo you have given me the confidence to go ahead with ordering weaves off Aliexpress.Been told by 1 or 2 other people but was still wary but now you are now a 3rd witness.Will see if by adding custom duty that DHL or UPS often add when importing still makes it cheaper than just buying from uk retailers.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by dBard: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
ladygogo:

lol @dbard. 400 guests isnt low key again o! Tips? Start by cutting down on the no of guests, then you will save more on food,drinks and decor. grin

You dont have to spend a lot on your dress too. grin

At the end of the day, it all boils down to individual taste. I know i will have spent more if i had had the wedding in Naija, despite the fact that it was small.

thank you.

Lol.. u can say that again grin
Not wat I had in mind , but a really fair estimate based on d no of 'well wishers', that'll pop in albeit uninvited.
Trying t cut costs as much as possible but....

It is well cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats lady go go. So classy. no time for plenty crowd . Esp these days of Ebola. Every one planning weddings should go for this.

Anyway, umunna should stay in their place while we wire their food for them.

At Damiso. I got some weaves from the Ali express. Be Careful though, check comments and ratings before you buy.

The cheapo ones comes of easily but generally most are cheap and great.
If the weight is greater than 120g or something, I think you will be charged to pay some tax on them.

I
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bootybuttchic: beautiful dress u had dere smiley....happily married life

so u spent 479k cheesy...its still an expensive wedding o,if it were in naija,u will still cook friedrice,buy eva wine,ur tailor will organise you of wedding dress of at most 20k,if u negotiate well, grin ....wen i saw low budget,i wont lie i was expecting like a less dan 100k kinda wedding.....maybe its cos of were u guys stay tho,.....so a beautiful wedding u had,may God may u people always hapy,providd u all ur heart desires,peace and harmony be yours......hml smiley

Lolo. ok. if you say so o. 20k for a proper wedding dress? e go hard for that naija o. Is that including the material you will use?

Less than 100k. Omo you go go registry for naija and call it a day . Which is completely fine by me anyway..

Again, it all boils down to your taste.

Thank you dear.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
ladygogo:

Lolo. ok. if you say so o. 20k for a proper wedding dress? e go hard for that naija o. Is that including the material you will use?

Less than 100k. Omo you go go registry for naija and call it a day . Which is completely fine by me anyway..

Again, it all boils down to your taste.

Thank you dear.
haaa...stay dere....some people dat dia tailor is more life a family freind...and talking of material the one you bought is it made of gold or diamond.....d fact is every expensive thing has its own cheap type too(duplicate) ......in naija u can be average and live rich....if u can budget well....spending 500k aint budget,for 18 guests its too much....work dere and come down to naija and live like d rich u are...u dont av to be rich in anoda country and still live doing *budget"

just saying tho
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by TV01(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
damiso: Happy wedding anniversary TV01 May God continue to keep and bless your home.I so feel your 'one of' wedding anniversary days thing grin We have 3 but just choose to celebrate the white as the main the main.
Thanks & a big amen to your prayer, may The Good Lord smile continuously on your home.

I think of the Naija Trad as the day, my wife prefers this - the church - one. I still managed to not get cards both days embarassed! I find cards so pointless, but I know I should make the effort as she loves them - and of course she got me one. I need to make amends.

TV
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by coogar: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
bellong:

Happy Married Life Ladygogo, may your home be an habitation of peace, mutual love, respect and an example to others.

Meanwhile, by my cost standard, your wedding is still expensive grin grin.

I spent only about N850,000 for mine with guests of about 200 or more, not too sure. I took and stand and stood by it. Fortunately for me, my parents-in-inlaw are of the same ideology with me in terms of ceremony.

bellong, the best money-manager in the world. i still marvel at how you could have achieved this. surely, there are some stuff you musta forgotten you spent money on. N0.85m looks so small with the number of guests you invited.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
GboyegaD: Good for you cos you could control the number of guests which is almost impossible in Nigeria.

Thank you Gboyega.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: Happy married life ladygogo
All the best wishes dear.

Thank you LorettaU.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bootybuttchic: same thing i tot....but u know its diaspora not naija...dat may look cheap to dembut u know dats aw nigerians are....if u plan a wedding of 50k,with few guesst,people will believe its cos u dont really have dat money,even ur family members,but dont worry,dey will stil call deir freinds,and wen dose freinds are coming,dey will cook food,bring drinks to your own wedding and be like no shaking,dey will bring deir own band gan sef grin grin ....dats naija for u ooosame thing i tot....but u know its diaspora not naija...d[b]at may look cheap to dem[/b]

Not neccessarily o. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by coogar: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
happy married life, ladygogo....
hopefully, i would get an invite when the first set of your quintuplets arrive. cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
TV01:
Hearty congratulations to both you & your husband, as well as your respective families.
May it be permanent, frutiful and fulfilling.

It happens to be one of my two wedding anniversaries today so I had to extend my sincerest regards grin!

Did you not cost for your rings (if you used them) or your honeymoon (if you had one)?

TV

Nice! Happy Wedding Anniversary. May God continue to bless your home.

I did. Although i'm not exactly sure how much he spent.

No honeymoon. Na housemoon we do grin

Thank you TVO1
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
bellong:

Happy Married Life Ladygogo, may your home be an habitation of peace, mutual love, respect and an example to others.

Meanwhile, by my cost standard, your wedding is still expensive grin grin.

I spent only about N850,000 for mine with guests of about 200 or more, not too sure shocked. I took and stand and stood by it. Fortunately for me, my parents-in-inlaw are of the same ideology with me in terms of ceremony.

Thank you so much bellong.

Hmmmm. ok o.

Damn! How did you pull that off in Nigeria? shocked Are you an Accountant? Cos i'm one too and was feeling cool with myslef that i was able to save some money.

You be original Aka gum! grin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
BananaBender: Congratulations!! Yay!

You look fit wink ....... wishing you the best married life has to offer kiss

Thank you dear. Who are you sef? grin I think you had an old moniker.

Thank you. au naturale. wink Good genes babe. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
damiso: I love your wedding gown very simple and elegant and the exact amount I bought mine x years ago cheesy Team bargain hunters grin grin

Happy Married life by the way.God bless your union kiss

As for the size more difficult in Nigeria .Nigerian parents can like to take over your wedding grin How will I have 15 guests when my mum's aso ebi was worn by over a hundred people embarassed

I pray I don't become like that if my daughter says 15 people 15 people I shall try to make it.These days I hear people say to their parents you can do what you like with the traditional wedding but insist on the white wedding their way . Guess that's what giving rise to destination weddings for those that can afford it

Thank you Damiso. Abi now.

Oh yeah it is. If i had it in Nigeria it would have been more expensive and definitely had more people.Unless you put your foot down like bellong mentioned.

Yes o. I think our generation will be different. I see a lot of that now.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by bukatyne(f): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats, ladygogo

God bless your home

You can't try this if you are in Naija especially if you are the first daughter or only daughter

I argued with my mom so tey I tire and just let her be cheesy God bless her cheesy

i like the idea of cutting on hair, the dress, make up etc. It is very pointless spending so much on them.

Yorubas even have this hand cut we use for our trad; it is very expensive and after that day, it is useless angry

I got a very beautiful lace for mine I can still nack anytime, got my gown and shoes from aliexpress; got my hubby's colleague to make up for me.

Abegi, there is still a home to build

Your pictures are very beautiful. cheesy smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
sailormoon: Beautiful dress

Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
aisha2: Congratulations, all so beautiful, elegant and classy, everything so on point and well detailed.

Thank you Aisha. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
damiso: Happy wedding anniversary TV01 May God continue to keep and bless your home.I so feel your 'one of' wedding anniversary days thing grin We have 3 but just choose to celebrate the white as the main the main.

Ladygogo you have given me the confidence to go ahead with ordering weaves off Aliexpress.Been told by 1 or 2 other people but was still wary but now you are now a 3rd witness.Will see if by adding custom duty that DHL or UPS often add when importing still makes it cheaper than just buying from uk retailers.

It isnt bad at all. Most of the retailers order wholesale from these chinese websites anyway and sell at an exorbitant rate. you should definitely compare the rates and make sure you read the reviews too.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
dBard:

Lol.. u can say that again grin
Not wat I had in mind , but a really fair estimate based on d no of 'well wishers', that'll pop in albeit uninvited.
Trying t cut costs as much as possible but....

It is well cheesy

Please do. Good luck bargain hunting o.

it is well.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chillisauce: Congrats lady go go. So classy. no time for plenty crowd . Esp these days of Ebola. Every one planning weddings should go for this.

Anyway, umunna should stay in their place while we wire their food for them.

At Damiso. I got some weaves from the Ali express. Be Careful though, check comments and ratings before you buy.

The cheapo ones comes of easily but generally most are cheap and great.
If the weight is greater than 120g or something, I think you will be charged to pay some tax on them.

I

Thank you Chillisauce. crowds makes me dizzy. Mba. Lol @ ebola

grin grin you this woman.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by EfemenaXY: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congratulations and Happy Married Life Lady Gogo.

Beautiful dress too. You look great in it. smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bootybuttchic: haaa...stay dere....some people dat dia tailor is more life a family freind...and talking of material the one you bought is it made of gold or diamond.....d fact is every expensive thing has its own cheap type too(duplicate) ......in naija u can be average and live rich....if u can budget well....spending 500k aint budget,for 18 guests its too much....work dere and come down to naija and live like d rich u are...u dont av to be rich in anoda country and still live doing *budget"

just saying tho

Ok. It doesnt have to be made of gold or diamonds for it to look good, and at the same time musn't look obviously cheap and tacky. I dont do that. id rather go to the registry and call it a day. It isnt compulsory in my books. Oh yeah expensive things have duplicates.At the end of the day, we all know whats important to us.

Just do you dear. smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

bellong, the best money-manager in the world. i still marvel at how you could have achieved this. surely, there are some stuff you musta forgotten you spent money on. N0.85m looks so small with the number of guests you invited.

I wonder how he pulled that off.

I think so too.

That reminds me. My cousin actually paid for my dress. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by bellong: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

I already told my people that the budget I have can only cater for numbered guests, so the cost for the additional guests will be on them.

I already told my wife that she should choose one of traditional or church wedding. Unknown to me, my father-in-law does not give a damn about traditional marriage. We only took the stuff to their compound with selected people to join in the prayer traditional ceremony. Nothing was shared as it was strictly a prayer program with rendition of hymns.

Cutting cost should be an agreement between the two parties with the family. If we couldn't agree on something immaterial like budget for ceremony, how then can we agree on more complex issues that can mar or make destiny?

Even if my parents were to be a multi-billionaire, I still wouldn't subscribe to frivolity as the money can be better spent to touch lives and destiny than merriment that profits little.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar: happy married life, ladygogo....
hopefully, i would get an invite when the first set of your quintuplets arrive. cheesy

Thank you coogar.

Lol. I dont have that kind of strength abeg. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Odunharry(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
nice thread....mod frontpage
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by bellong: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
ladygogo:

Thank you so much bellong.

Hmmmm. ok o.

Damn! How did you pull that off in Nigeria? shocked Are you an Accountant? Cos i'm one too and was feeling cool with myslef that i was able to save some money.

You be original Aka gum! grin

Far from being an accountant but values accountability grin....

I already summarized how I did it above. I didn't spend more than I quoted because I made the budget and didn't borrow a dime to supplement.

The case was more of I cut my clothes according to my material. No time comparing life with another.

Contentment is one important virtue everyone must imbibe, it gives peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Odunharry(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
ladygogo:

Thank you coogar.

Lol. I dont have that kind of strength abeg. grin
u will gve birth to 3set of twin
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by bellong: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
TV01,

Bon anniversaire.... May your home keep soaring like an eagle. It shall be a blessing to generations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc / How To Know You Are In A Healthy Relationship Or Not / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.