Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings (2043 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kidnapping: Anambra Govt. Demolishes Church,3 Other Building / Govt Demolishes Nkwo Nnewi Triangle For Security Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 06, 2014
on August 06, 2014 at 12:55 am in News

By Vincent Ujumadu
AWKA— FOUR buildings, including a church, said to belong to suspected kidnappers were yesterday demolished in Anambra State.

It was part of the state government’s continued clampdown on criminals in the state.

Governor Willie Obiano has already revoked the Certificates of Occupancy, C of Os of the four buildings.
Two of the buildings, including the church, belonged to one Pastor Ifeanyi Nwaezeagu, General Overseer of Unchangeable God Ministries, Awkuzu, while the other two were located at Dusogu and Ifite villages also in Awkuzu.

The officer in charge of SARS in the state, Mr. James Nwafor; Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, Mr. Olafimihan Adeoye; Command’s Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Emeka Chukwuemeka, and Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Chief Chikaodi Anara, led a high powered team to the demolition sites and the parade of the suspects.

The DCP said Pastor Nwaezeagu had generated millions of naira as kidnap proceeds and was involved in the kidnap of many wealthy Anambra men, including a priest.

According to him, “Pastor Ifeanyi Nwaezeagu is fake and was engaging in kidnapping unnoticed until he was caught in 2013.

“His confessional statements led to the exposure of his gang before Governor Obiano revoked his C of O, leading to demolition of his church and buildings.”

One of his houses was marked Ozo Igbo Ndu (life saver) suspected to be his shrine, while the church was marked ‘’Unchangeable God,” with some Biblical quotations to go with it.

An indigene of the area, Mr. Chukwuchebe Nweke, said Pastor Nwaezeagu started his church in 1999, adding that they never knew he was into kidnapping and robbery until lately when police invaded his home and the church.

Police parade 15 suspects

The demolition came as the Anambra State Police command paraded 15 suspected kidnappers and robbers who were caught with sophisticated arms and ammunition. They were paraded at the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) headquarters, Awkuzu.

Among the weapons displayed by the police include one rocket launcher, one rocket, 50 magazines for AK-47, 300 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition, among others
Addressing newsmen in Awkuzu, the PPRO said 10 of the suspects were kidnappers, while five were robbers and car snatching syndicate members using fake number plates.

He explained that the police had been diligent and applying due process in investigating the cases and smoking out kidnappers and robbers who have been terrorizing the state.

Two of the suspects, a dismissed army officer, one Prince Ndubuisi Friday and Ifeanyichuukwu Onuchukwu confessed to the crime.

Another suspect, Oliver Ifeanyi also confirmed that he received a snatched car, even as he claimed that he did not know that it was stolen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/kidnapping-anambra-govt-demolishes-church-3-buildings/

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 06, 2014
"Born agains" smh. With this attitude of some of them, atheism seems not to be a bad idea. How many atheists have indulged in crime lately worldwide. Islam is synonymous with terror while Christianity has been all about extortion and now this. Before the arrival of this deadly virus in Nigeria called religion, our forefathers were living in a world free of all these menaces. Nigerians, be wise. As against the teachings of those flamboyant native doctors we call pastors, religion could later turn out to be a ticket to hell. undecided

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Gboliwe: 6:37am On Aug 06, 2014
IdiAmin1: "Born agains" smh. With this attitude of some of them, atheism seems not to be a bad idea. How many atheists have indulged in crime lately worldwide. Islam is synonymous with terror while Christianity has been all about extortion and now this. Before the arrival of this deadly virus in Nigeria called religion, our forefathers were living in a world free of all these menaces. Nigerians, be wise. As against the teachings of those flamboyant native doctors we call pastors, religion could later turn out to be a ticket to hell. undecided

You want to make the discuss about religion akwaya? Continue
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Caseless: 6:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Must these so called men of God be involved in one 'dubious' act or the other? I wonder how people fall for these fake men-of-GOD.
This govno no de slack or carry security matter play. Despite that, sai Ngige!

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Descartes: 6:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Gov. Obiano smiley
Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat wink
Anambra Adigo Mma cool
Dike di Ora mma,carry go jare
Why should I be running away from home because of these bastards tongue
Serves them right cool

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 06, 2014
Gboliwe:

You want to make the discuss about religion akwaya? Continue
Nnaa, ifea adigo too much. Government needs to look into the activities of those mushroom churches ASAP angry

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Caseless: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2014
IdiAmin1: [s]"Born agains" smh. With this attitude of some of them, atheism seems not to be a bad idea. How many atheists have indulged in crime lately worldwide. Islam is synonymous with terror while Christianity has been all about extortion and now this. Before the arrival of this deadly virus in Nigeria called religion, our forefathers were living in a world free of all these menaces. Nigerians, be wise. As against the teachings of those flamboyant native doctors we call pastors, religion could later turn out to be a ticket to hell.[/s] undecided
ebola is a deadly disease.
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by ochilikoko(m): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
This man Is a no nonsense Gov. No wonder he never smiles in any of His posters while still Campaigning. Anambra adigo nma

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Operation Willie Kpochapu
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by eaglechild: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2014
Very good move by Obiano.

This has been one of the greatest deterrents to kidnapping in the state.

Since it was started by Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by ugoezeb(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Gov Willy Obiano means serious bizness wit security of d state. Ofcus, dis is commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by GPA5: 7:32am On Aug 06, 2014
ANAMBRA AND KIDNAPPING

ANAMBRA AND MIRACLE CENTRES

ANAMBRA AND BABY FACTORY

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2014
GPA5: ANAMBRA AND KIDNAPPING

ANAMBRA AND BABY FACTORY
Yourba land known for rituals
Yourba land known for inbreeding

Yoruba land known for filth

Yourba land known for high numbers of bastard children

Yourba land known for disease infestation

Yourba land known for cowardice

Yoruba land known for criminality

Pls add yours..

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by GPA5: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2014
liberty300: Yourba land known for rituals
Yourba land known for inbreeding

Yoruba land known for filth - SOUTH LEASTERN LAND OF EROSION , LANDLOCKED

Yourba land known for disease infestation - CANNIBALISM

Yourba land known for cowardice -OJUKWU, HE RAN TO ABIDJAN IN BIANCA'S ATTIRE

Yoruba land known for criminality -FELIX OKAFOR, CHIKA

Pls add yours..

ALL WHAT YOU LISTED ABOVE THEIR ARE CHARACTERISTICS OF IBO

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by omenka(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2014
ochilikoko: This man Is a no nonsense Gov. No wonder he never smiles in any of His posters while still Campaigning. Anambra adigo nma
Yeah, he's a no-nonsense Gov since he isn't Rochas!! I could bet my last penny had this happened in Imo state, the children of hate would have congregated on this thread in droves to call him a "malam", an "aboki", and an "islamic terrorist" bent on destroying christianity simply because he belongs to APC. It wouldn't matter if the said church was illegally built or used for unlawful purposes!

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2014
GPA5: ANAMBRA AND KIDNAPPING

ANAMBRA AND BABY FACTORY

You never disappoint to show your bitterness and foolishness.
Why dont you go on ahead and deal with your cannibalistic populace?
Omo ale!

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by GPA5: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You never disappoint to show your bitterness and foolishness.
Why dont you go on ahead and deal with your cannibalistic populace?
Omo ale!

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT OTHER TRIBE DOESN'T WANT TO DO THEIR SERVICE(NYSC)IN South East (EBOLAND ) BECAUSE OF THEIR CANNIBALISTIC NATURE

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2014
omenka: Yeah, he's a no-nonsense Gov since he isn't Rochas!! I could bet my last penny had this happened in Imo state, the children of hate would have congregated on this thread in droves to call him a "malam", an "aboki", and an "islamic terrorist" bent on destroying christianity simply because he belongs to APC. It wouldn't matter if the said church was illegally built or used for unlawful purposes!

Smh.

Nnigga,what has clampdown of menace to society has to do with religion?
You are not making any sense. It has been comfirmed the said pastor was a fake one who harbors kidnappers. Warnings has been sent out that any building that harbors criminals/kidnappers will be pulled down. Nuf said.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2014
GPA5:

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT OTHER TRIBE DOESN'T WANT TO DO THEIR SERVICE(NYSC)IN South East (EBOLAND ) BECAUSE OF THEIR CANNIBALISTIC NATURE

Anyway,I have never taken you serious.
You are just here to goof around.
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by omenka(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nnigga,what has clampdown of menace to society has to do with religion?
You are not making any sense. It has been comfirmed the said pastor was a fake one who harbors kidnappers. Warnings has been sent out that any building that harbors criminals/kidnappers will be pulled down. Nuf said.
You must be new here to ask me that question.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by GPA5: 8:08am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Anyway,I have never taken you serious.
You are just here to goof around.

LAMENTATION OF ODENIGBOAROLI

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:11am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=omenka]You must be new here to ask me that question.[/quote

Even if I am new,what has that got to do with making a logical statement?
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by omenka(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=OdenigboAroli][/quote]I don't discuss with newbees, too much work.

Toodles.grin
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2014
GPA5,you have gotten the attention now move on make person see road.
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2014
omenka: I don't discuss with newbees, too much work.

Toodles.grin

Lol@newbies.
Nwokem,jekwaa juo ese nmili elie yi!
Akpa amu!

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by michelz: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2014
The rate at which Anambra state is going,it might very well become one of the best states in the whole Africa in terms of development. A state can't have 2 performing Governors consecutively,with well-thought out visions and plans and you tell me they aren't taking positive strides. Good Job Obiano. I pray the tempo is sustained.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by strangest(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Anambra a di go mma
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli: GPA5,you have gotten the attention now move on make person see road.

You shouldn't have answered him in the first place. That guy is giving us(Yorubas) problems on this forum. The thread was about demolition of kidnappers' den(mushroom churches and some houses), yet he turned it to bashing of Igbos. Na wah for GPA, I don't know how he copes with his Igbo friends in real life.

@ Topic,

The governor is doing very well, no way for kidnappers. Kill them all.

Sai Obiano.

Cheers.
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by GPA5: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2014
Konmight:

You shouldn't have answered him in the first place. That guy is giving us(Yorubas) problems on this forum. The thread was about demolition of kidnappers' den(mushroom churches and some houses), yet he turned it to bashing of Igbos. Na wah for GPA, I don't know how he copes with his Igbo friends in real life.

@ Topic,

The governor is doing very well, no way for kidnappers. Kill them all.

Sai Obiano.

Cheers.

YORUBA WANNA BE.

#WAYRAY

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2014
GPA5:

YORUBA WANNA BE.

#WAYRAY

Mr GPA,

I'm from Osun State.

Please stop causing confusion.

God Be With You.

Cheers.
Re: Kidnapping: Anambra Govt Demolishes Church, 3 Other Buildings by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2014
Konmight is pure, core and undiluted omoluabi, i have clashed with him in many occassions.

Am a NL tribalist too but along the line am a human first before i am an igbo or a christian so anybody that disagrees with you must not be regarded as an outsider.

Inasmuch as i hate APC because of the influx of those Jihadists from Futha Jallon, i will tell you i prefer Ogbeni to Omisore anytime anyday, am neither PDP nor APCshit.

Let Ogbeni win August 9, does it make me a Yoruba wanabe?

I have clashed with Chino numerous times, i have clashed with Abagworo many times so its all about conflict of interest and human instinct to seperate good from evil.

Konmight have never been pro igbo, hes just trying to be reasonable most times.

GPA5:

YORUBA WANNA BE.

#WAYRAY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Compelling Reasons Not To Panic About Ebola / PHOTO: Shehu Shagari At 90, OBJ Missing At Cake Cutting Photo / PDP Vs APC Supporters Debate here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.