Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? (30844 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Are Chinese Good Employers / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 11, 2014
integrity with howq much?abeg stop promoting evil,else God dam you.
Reference: Today in my service delivery 7 out of every 10 of my clients has a primary concern which is cost. I have lost clients due to my inability to 'tighten up'. Even those who started out as purist quality seekers are now value seekers. They take quality for granted because competition is tough. The only card which I play and which works for me forever in Nigeria is the integrity joker. As for survival I have to constantly look for cost savings, I have to work hard and of course the staff have to sacrifice as well.

If the Chinese are to survive in Nigeria and undermine their more established Euro-American competitors, they will have to keep costs low. As an individual - graduate, trainee, professional, consultant, whatever my advice is: work hard, improve your competencies, 'moderate' your demands and maintain your integrity and dignity. You will succeed. Stop complaining.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Oga o,why not use your saved wages for food selling ,raw food,or start farmming on small scale?
mencade5: when i was in lagos, a lebanese wanted to break my leg with wooden pallet because of some little mistake i made.

And police was guarding the fvcking lebanese man's car.

Are we cursed in this continent? Go to other black countries, it is still the same story you will hear.

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by InvertedHammer: 5:02am On Aug 11, 2014
kobonaire: the same Chinese that are maltreating Nigerians, you now call them progressive .... lipsrsealed
You mentioned US labour laws in your previous post and yet also propose mob lynchings as a means of justice.... That's called taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back ...
\
Yes. It works for them and their country is progressing.

Lynching as I mentioned was tied to US workers going postal and not US labour laws.

I guess you read for the heck of it...but you don't understand.

Everywhere you go, immigrants are scared of the authorities of their host countries.

But in Nigeria, the authorities/citizens are scared of their immigrants and will serve them the best wine in the house.

/

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by golddeejay(m): 6:59am On Aug 11, 2014
uplawal: 15k to care for family,abeg stop.
15k is something to some pple, jst pray you dont know/experience what poverty is

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by osystein(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2014
imagine a midget chinko bullying a grown arse naija guy, smh..
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by osystein(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2014
imagine a midget chinko bullying a grown ars.e naija guy, smh.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by victor2exl(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
1st Bullet

The Nigerian government & Nigerians are the 1st molesters! The FG has failed to develop & protect Nigerians. The Companies Act on employers rights is dead!

2nd Bullet

Workers do not v the right to complain about salary or wages when they are employed. They v the opportunity of negotiating before employment. The only complain or question they can raise is when there's a clause for increment. So... in my opinion, those labourers taking N15,000, N20,000, N30,000 etc took up the job because they agreed with their employers.

3rd Bullet

People should learn how to fight for themselves by seeking Human Rights Commission offices in their State. Any employee that's maltreated should run to them. They are helpful if well seeked.
They should also ask questions from their employers like clauses in their contract or employment, if there's going to be pay rise at a particular time or a pay rise for extra service. Any job that is not worth doing from the start is not worth doing till one is sacked or resigned!

Last Bullet

It's a pity Chinese, Indians, Lebanese & other Asian companies v taken advantage of Nigerian government's laxity in protecting her citizens.
I can mention names of companies in Lagos & other parts of Nigeria that enslave their staff. Tech-Mahindra, Mikano Generator, Jubaili Bros, most of those Asian companies in Ikorodu & other parts of Lagos State. They practice modern slavery?
When your government, Nigerians also enslave you, you are at everyone's mercy.

100% CORRECT RESPOND TO THIS ARTICLE....
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by sunnyprof: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
We all blame these foreigners, abi?

But methinks in Nigeria, we love life but have no value for quality. Some companies in Nigeria would not have been there based on normal business standard.

We called for investors and believe me these guys spend a lot of money to do these businesses and create the minimal level employment (factory workers, diggers, packers, operators, Technicians etc.), because it is not easy to do business in Nigeria ooo!!! You try it too and see.

Moreover, our own indigeneous millioniars and their children who live in this affluence we all wish to have, are not investors, they just got money anyhow, they never created large scale employment but just got some cronies, they claim to do contract with Oil Companies and multinationals without office, factory or workforce (I.E. no operational expenses) unlike the Asian factories and construction firms.

lastly, the few Nigerians who even had factories or in large scale employment, how much do they pay? The same thing, if not less (but enrich a few cronies and their children who may be somehow involved I the business.

The only companies that pay well are those from Uk or US who run global service system and pay the same universal rate to their staff whether in Glasgow, Amsterdam, Paris, Congo, Port Harcourt, Gabon, Angola, Abu Dabbi etc. That is why they can do cross-posting of their staff to any country, else, their yansh for open abi?

So what have we done to improve our work system and public life: Value for money or value for quality?

Even this Asians we are complaining of, do not pretend to be enjoying life as well. They are also not well paid despite being called expatriate in Nigeria, See them even more shabby than the Nigeria worker on their sites and even more discipline. They do not spend money anyhow neither do they ride luxury cars except where it is necessary for the business, they work like jerky themselves and their life is only around the business. So what do you expect of them when they think if not for them, you will never get a job talk less of Salary.

Our case is complex. Government must be broken down and opulence must be reduced in the high place, then we may have some level playing ground to start something on better quality of life for Nigerian workers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
sunnyprof: We all blame these foreigners, abi?

But methinks in Nigeria, we love life but have no value for quality. Some companies in Nigeria would not have been there based on normal business standard.

We called for investors and believe me these guys spend a lot of money to do these businesses and create the minimal level employment (factory workers, diggers, packers, operators, Technicians etc.), because it is not easy to do business in Nigeria ooo!!! You try it too and see.

Moreover, our own indigeneous millioniars and their children who live in this affluence we all wish to have, are not investors, they just got money anyhow, they never created large scale employment but just got some cronies, they claim to do contract with Oil Companies and multinationals without office, factory or workforce (I.E. no operational expenses) unlike the Asian factories and construction firms.

lastly, the few Nigerians who even had factories or in large scale employment, how much do they pay? The same thing, if not less (but enrich a few cronies and their children who may be somehow involved I the business.

The only companies that pay well are those from Uk or US who run global service system and pay the same universal rate to their staff whether in Glasgow, Amsterdam, Paris, Congo, Port Harcourt, Gabon, Angola, Abu Dabbi etc. That is why they can do cross-posting of their staff to any country, else, their yansh for open abi?

So what have we done to improve our work system and public life: Value for money or value for quality?

Even this Asians we are complaining of, do not pretend to be enjoying life as well. They are also not well paid despite being called expatriate in Nigeria, See them even more shabby than the Nigeria worker on their sites and even more discipline. They do not spend money anyhow neither do they ride luxury cars except where it is necessary for the business, they work like jerky themselves and their life is only around the business. So what do you expect of them when they think if not for them, you will never get a job talk less of Salary.

Our case is complex. Government must be broken down and opulence must be reduced in the high place, then we may have some level playing ground to start something on better quality of life for Nigerian workers.

^^^^^
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2014
xp17: its the culture of Nigerians to pass blames to the next person for their misfortune. if really you train yourself enough to standout, no one ll treat you like a poo.
the simple truth here is , they treat you the way you present yourself and the stereotyping of anyone on light skin as sir or ma'am.

sometime ago, I was at MMA, flying to Frankfurt (germany). I was kinda talking some pictures when one immigration guy walked up to me in an attempt to seize my phone .right there , I reminded him on how they lick white men a'sses , like "would you seize aa white man's phone if he does likewise" ? immediately,the guy shamefully left.

I was so pissed off and shouted at those officers who usually ask for money at the departure. they be like "you get problem with person before" . even the guy that stamped the passport, I directly told him how fuvcked up It's to be a Nigerian force.

not until you guys change you ideology of "a white God" you ll continue to receive mal-treatment from them.
why not go to your office in the morninng and start doing your job, instead of looking for who to praise ?
I no they even send most Nigerians errants that are out of their Job specifications.

democracy in book, but not applicable in real life.
God abeg oh!
the only presentation one has in a Chinese company is just to walk away
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2014
topsyking: look guys.. wen you say chinese or indians are maltreating nigerians it depend on de class of people dey are maltreating..can dey do dat to any educated and professional no,,, dey can only do dat to labourers and dose dat doesnt no deir left from right.. dose i never chop people...
who is educated in a Chinese company? In as much as u v volunteered yourself to them, u must dance to their drum beat or quit
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2014
Reference: Today in my service delivery 7 out of every 10 of my clients has a primary concern which is cost. I have lost clients due to my inability to 'tighten up'. Even those who started out as purist quality seekers are now value seekers. They take quality for granted because competition is tough. The only card which I play and which works for me forever in Nigeria is the integrity joker. As for survival I have to constantly look for cost savings, I have to work hard and of course the staff have to sacrifice as well.

If the Chinese are to survive in Nigeria and undermine their more established Euro-American competitors, they will have to keep costs low. As an individual - graduate, trainee, professional, consultant, whatever my advice is: work hard, improve your competencies, 'moderate' your demands and maintain your integrity and dignity. You will succeed. Stop complaining.
this man must be an insider
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2014
conyema12:

habibi not all Nigerians ohh...infact where I work in the middle East I am well respected. Perhaps this is because of the way I carry myself..... always full of self esteem.

One day I was travelling via MMA . We all queued up for boarding pass when one of these FAAN guys brought 4 Chinese guys to jump the queue, infact they were placed in front of me, Nobody in that long queue altered a word...I just jeje rolled my box and occupied my position infront of them. One of them spoke something that sounded like English mixed with Chinese. .me I just hala my Igbo..enyia odi ka isi adighi gi mma. The chinko just cooldown.

I feel we are part of the problem. If we dont complain how will our labour right be fought for. People just keep quiet and swallow the chinko poo.
there is big problm here, even if you or collectively rise up to fight; who will defend ur right? Is it the corrupt leaders or the corrupt labour unions. I bet u any individual or group of persons that trys rubbish will be thrown out of the gate
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
is like the nigerian govt has woken up on them. there are changes going on
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by pmjshek: 8:01pm On Sep 30, 2015
This is just too bad, I was invited for an interview at Viju Ind Nig Ltd. Oba adeshola market road, off agbara road lusada- igbesa, ogun state. Applied for the post of a production manager. After all the Chinese Karamo for the interview, I was offered 30k as a production manager (a B.Sc holder), I was surprised, no accommodation, you will have to go to the neighboring village for accommodation, you will have to work from 7am-7pm for 7days. I regreted going for the interview. THIS MUST STOP!
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Mintayo(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2015
pmjshek:
This is just too bad, I was invited for an interview at Viju Ind Nig Ltd. Oba adeshola market road, off agbara road lusada- igbesa, ogun state. Applied for the post of a production manager. After all the Chinese Karamo for the interview, I was offered 30k as a production manager (a B.Sc holder), I was surprised, no accommodation, you will have to go to the neighboring village for accommodation, you will have to work from 7am-7pm for 7days. I regreted going for the interview. THIS MUST STOP!
I was telling someone about Viju milk, he did not believe me.
I had the same experience with CWAY Group, they offered to pay me 16k as a Quality Control Office, I just couldn't believe it!
I told them that I would come and resume after the interview, but I didn't. Though I don't have a good one yet, collecting that amount is a no-no!
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by onoerime: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
maybe may look into their activities at the possible shortest time
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Wellus: 1:46am On Jan 27, 2018
minkawe:
It's amazing when Nigerians take to social media to vent their anger, because the question that comes to mind is simple, do you know your employer?. The Chinese state is what it is today because of extremely cheap labour, even American companies find it comfortable to outsource to China,in a bid to maximize gains and beat competitors. My point is, you don't expect a man that enslaves his brother for profit to treat a foreigner better.

https://www.ft.com/content/3c521faa-baa6-11e5-a7cc-280dfe875e28

China has one of the world’s highest levels of income inequality, with the richest 1 percent of households owning a third of the country’s wealth, a report from Peking University has found....There’s no doubt that the income gap is getting larger and larger,” said Zhou Xiaozheng, a sociology professor at Renmin University in Beijing. “To put it simply, the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer.” “You don’t need a report to know that,”.

The income gap will continue to grow because 99% of the population is slaving away so that 1% can be filthy rich. Watch the rich kids of China and understand that communism in China is a farse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYeaEx9P8E
They ride the latest cars, wear the finest clothes and travel the world in luxury...all on the back of those who believe in "equality, hard work and no leave days".

My point is, in admiring the "China state" and its achievement through low-wages, hard work and no breaks, understand that the real Ogas at the top are enjoying the best things in life and have enough wealth to see that even their children's children will never need to work a day in their lives.

In Africa, we don't live to work for other people to enjoy. We work to live and enjoy the fruit of our labour when we get the chance on public holidays. Well-being, life satisfaction, and happiness are important to us. If the government declares a day as holiday, it should be obeyed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment: When is the next recruitment? / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / Graduate Trainees At Actionaid Nigeria - October 2013

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.