Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? (30843 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Are Chinese Good Employers / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Mintayo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
xtervaganza: hahahahahahahahahahaha

Adonbilivit ooo
Lol,you don't have to. I have the breakdown here with me,just for reference purpose.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Vonwolf(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
I commed you for this thread, may be we shud dedicate a thread where we can post names of these chinese companies that maltreat nigerians. That's d only solution to dis problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by iamord(m): 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nsonaso:

Yes bro you're very correct.... I know about that company and they're indirectly enslaving our people like you said. When they were constructing my neighbors house @ Abuja and the way they maltreated our people there, you will know that there is no job in Nigeria for a common man.......

That's the company in charge of the lagos light rail project .and they are also undertaking lots of projects in africa.. Is it not africans that are to blame. anyone that says slavery has past should think again.. We have disgraced ourselves and washed our dirty linen for the whole public eyes to see..so what do u expect..
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by acorntree(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ahmeduana:
EVERYBODY KEEP SHOUTING JOB CREATION! THIS'S MY QUESTION SHULD GOVERMENT EMPLOY 10M EMPLOYEE WEN IT ONLY NEED JUST 1M WORK FORCE?....AM NOT
what people means is indirect job creation, that result from conducive investment atmosphere. This can only be achieved through stable power supply, efficient transport system, quality education not all these rubbish we've now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by iamord(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
swedbase: Very sad reading how Chinese Lebanese, and Indians maltreats Nigerians in Nigeria. This is why we Biafrans called Nigeria a zoo
Biafra is not exempted

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by tonychristopher: 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
onoerime: It is no more a news that the Chinese companies in Nigeria are indirectly enslaving nigerians but I am wondering why the federal government of Nigeria has kept mute to this barbaric acts of these people. I shall carefully pin points some of their misdeeds maybe the appropriates bodies could read and come to the aids of nigerians.
SALARY SCALES... I want to use China civil engineering construction cooperation (Ccecc ) as an example.
Labours- between.#15000 and #21000
workmen_ between #27000 and #31000
STAFF- between #45000 and #50000

WORKING PERIODS- 7.30am-6.00PM @30 days that means no rest days.
PENALTIES... penalties for offense committed could range between #5000-#20000 and could be deducted once from your salary.
JOB SECURITY- insecured.
Apart from salaries paid, no extensive employee packages. No health insurance, no paid time off from work, no retirement plans for workers, workers are fired at will, what pains me most is a Chinese man beating up a Nigerian because of a slight offense. Sometimes a whole salary could be seized just because of an offense. Why, why, why, these Chinese men are highly respected in Nigeria yet nigerians are enslaved home and abroad. The labour unions will come and do investigations but nothing happens thereafter. LAMATA pretends as if they hear or know nothing hmmmm. Can nigerians go to other countries and allowed to act this way?

an Igbo adage goes like this ....its the rat that is at home tells the outside rat that there is fish in the kitchen

why won't they treat us badly ..look at Nigerian firms how much do they pay graduate bsc for that matter

I have seen and still see tachers been paid 12000 a month you can imagine that

these Chinese tried

is your government paying well
what is minimum wage ....18000 so who will caution who

the secret is that is very few jobs that has security and pensionable

best bet is self employment

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by tonychristopher: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
acorntree: what people means is indirect job creation, that result from conducive investment atmosphere. This can only be achieved through stable power supply, efficient transport system, quality education not all these rubbish we've now.

look at Forbes list how many has quality educations most were drop outs from dangote to Microsoft to Facebook then Carlos slim

we do k
need quality education but better us Change of mindset to think of creating jobs than looking for jobs

entrepreneur ship is the key
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by swedbase(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
iamord:
Biafra is not exempted

That's because we are still in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by jeak123(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Irohjohnpaulc: I even hv some companies in my home town lokpaukwu umuchieze in umunneoch LGA abia state. Lebanese n chinese company. Quarry company were dey crush stone i.e chippins. Dey use us as if we r slaves even in my own house. If u come dia n c wot dis ppl take away in my town n hv done notin 2 my ppl u will shed tears 4 us

My dear brother, there is dis saying 'don't complain about what u permit'. So many Nigerians are boot leakers. Don't b surprised dat u are here complaining while some pple are feeding fat trom d confusion. I would advice dat u tell ur pple to write to d company stating d anomalies and a copy sent to d commissioner of police, anoda to NLC, anoda to d office of d governor of ur state and anoda to the senate giving dem a deadline for dem to either make amends or ur community will close down d company. U'll c a change. It has neva stopped to work. And if they don't, ur whole entire community including women n children should siege d company and force dem to stop work.

There is a company in Portharcourt, called CNPC. Some nigerians have worked with dem for over 15 years and they are still casuals. D day i visited a friend there, i couldn't stomach d nonsense happening there. Our leaders have betrayed us n also some of our brothers who are cohorts to these chinese. Even when a report is made n Nigerian officials visit, u wont hear anything about d matter after d visit. Niagerians, we are d problem of nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by StealthyMe(m): 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
When Nigerians have little or no regard for their fellow Nigerians,Why would foreigners?

Imagine reporting to the NPF abt harsh / slave like conditions (beating of workers & all that) and after greasing the offucers palms,u're told to resolve the matter amicably/out of court..

Speaks a lot about our brotherliness.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by tianshie(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Here's a beautiful short story, "Laugh At Dragon," about a Chinese who maltreats a factory worker in Lagos. http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Spring_2012/Contents.html

Nigerians need to speak out more.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
As in eh....
I harass those lebanese people a lot if they bash my car even if I'm at fault. Waiting for chinko wey go enter my trap.
Useless garlic-smelling things.
Mtchewwwww

Bimfo: Chinko?? Beat me?? Walahi, if he touches me, I will break him into two with my eyes closed. He can keep his salary.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nyikoro: 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
delishpot:

Na so na. If na yankee airport him dey, fear no go gree am make fem. Fear of deportation. Him go kneel down dey cry please officer ah officer Abeg, my God will bless you officer dont take me back to naijiriya! Lol.

Somehow, I do not believe that officer wanted the sieze the phone outright. I believe he was asked to stop but he refused and was rude to the guy that was why the guy wanted to sieze it I could be wrong but that is my take.
Naija security agencies sef no get class there os a way you handle people that will be capm and still shiw you mean business and ifcourse if the person insults you, you givebhim a good chock hold till the mumu passes out angry (eh, I know say I over react). Some nigerians are sooo rude and then when their stupid behaviour is not accepted abroad they are quick to play the race card.
BTW, are there no labour agencies in naija? Let the workers form a union and go to them.
Ehm, biko, make una no vex, howmuch is the state govt sallary scale In naija?
you are right. Our people are so rude for real.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Not bragging but we are, knowing fully well what we did to the colonial masters when they 1st came. The reason why the British supported Nigeria during the war because Igbos gave them tough time and dominated every sector in a twinkle of an eye.
Sadly our leaders have sold us out,with the problem of unemployment,don't blame anyone that works for them but then we should know our rights even if the govt doesn't help us. Imagine beating up a chinese man if he lays a finger on you and other Nigerian workers support you.

iamord:
Biafra is not exempted
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
Imanuelle:

Sorry to say, but you guys are dumb. No offence intended.

Having worked for these guys for years, you guys should have gained enough experience, now gather all the workers and hold a meeting with the management, demanding for better packages, if they fire you, stage a heist, finish them off from your village, FIRE THEM!

With the experience you have gotten, get a loan from top shots in your community, break your chippings, thence, you have an independent community, generating revenue to empower its youths.

Stop Dulling!
Do you reside in Nigeria
these. people will go to Abuja nd bribe some powerful people who will deploy soldiers to deal with the inhabitants. it's that worse sir/sis angry
our leaders have actually empowered them to torment their employees nd Nigerians
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
AdeniyiA:
Do you reside in Nigeria
these. people will go to Abuja nd bribe some powerful people who will deploy soldiers to deal with the inhabitants. it's that worse sir/sis angry
our leaders have actually empowered them to torment their employees nd Nigerians

The soldiers will be there forever?

Do you know that most industries sign agreements with their host communities?

Royalties nko?

These are things that must be done, Abuja or not.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by emerem: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
spankyflex: so all this story was to sell your special ebook?]Thanks for this post. To be frank these Chinese folks are treating Nigerians badly both here and in their Chinko land. I was there last summer on a summit, but what I saw really troubled me. The truth remains that in China, they think labour should be free considering their former colonial communist, aristocratic state. In late 70's if one can note, people refer Taiwan made goods as inferior no wonder many say " I don't need Taiwan, give me original". Lately, China has taken their place especially in technology. Look around you, even this phone or PC you are using might be their patron. They allowed their citizens into all developed Asia and Europe as labourers, gather several diplomats and here they are today spreading their technological wings global. The best European and first world's companies are in China, hence labour is cheap therein. Give a Chinese two Pizza pie, of course a bottle of their favourite sugar-filled drink Ruecola (Ribena-like), he will cultivate from 7am till 9pm so long as the drink remains. He may not be anxious to ask of money, but the secret remains that tomorrow he will be the one employing people to do that same job he did for you. How do they operate? Chinese are very tactful and diplomatic. They insert importance in anything they do hoping to own such tomorrow, but Nija? Hmmm.... Give me money abeg let me feed my family. Many of our guys working for these people are supposed to have learnt a lot to carry them along. Stop being an employee always, you too can employ and become an EMPLOYER. Believe me with N10,000 you can be on your own and start employing people in months. I found this special E-book stocked with about 1000 things you can start now and start your own business even how to source loan should you need it free of collaterial. You can call the guy to get yours only N1,500. It is awesome. 08133972034. Or email: selfaidinitiative@gmail.com. I attached the preview of E-book here. Don't mind you must make it. Leave these Chinese let's build our own edifice.
Ha a ha ha ha. You are funny. I said the truth after all. These people treat us like toys and working tools. The book actually is not mine, I just chipped it in should anyone need it. The New Nigeria we are building demands all hands to be on deck, information, strategy and reforms are needed to rebrand Nija, so that was my quota dear no blame AKPOR o o.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by skasski: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
I guess they treat us the way we deserve it.
And by the way I like a good spanking. Makes me organized.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
So pathetic.. Two hospitals along Adeniyi Jones are not even owned by Doctors & they don't even invite them.. king Solomon & Porshah hospital.. Owned by a retired soldier from Lebanon & the other a CHEW frm Bangladesh.. The way they treat Nigerians der is sooo bad bt if u see d way they handle those reds(their pple), abi re they whites, u'll think they live in luxury in their home countries.. God av mercy
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by DieDiamant: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Is this thread or post not worthy of front page
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
It quite pathetic.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by DanjaNinja(m): 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
dasparrow:

This is what happens when you come from a country like Nigeria where you have leaders who don't give a damn about her citizens. Can the Chinese try this crap in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, France and the likes? Of course they can't because these countries have labor laws in place that are strictly enforced. Secondly, unlike most Nigerians who 'worship' anyone who is not a member of the black race, people of other races and nationalities respect and hold members of their race and fellow citizens in high esteem. I can't go to USA and maltreat an American and expect that Americans will have my back and support me. Americans will support their own first, they will support their fellow indigenous American citizen over any immigrant, naturalized US citizen, or American-born offspring of a once-upon-a-time immigrant.

The average Nigerian on the other hand will throw his or her fellow Nigerian citizen 'under the bus' while supporting the foreigner instead. Take it from me who was born and has lived outside Nigeria for an extended period of time, it is NOT done that way anywhere. Nigerians are the only set of human beings that I know of that are quick to support foreigners over their own fellow Nigerian citizens both at home and abroad. Other Africans don't do that, Americans don't do that, Europeans don't do that, Asians don't do that. They support their own citizens but the Nigerian? Nope!

So then, why should it come as a surprise that foreigners treat Nigerians like dirt in their own homeland? The Chinese know that Nigerians are sadly not united and have never been. They know that Nigerians hate each other with impunity and will not come together to fight foreign oppressors on our soil. So obviously, the average abusive Chinese employer will continue with his wickedness knowing fully well that he will get away with it or he can easily bribe his way out of the situation.

The day Nigerians begin to truly support one another is the day things will begin to look up for us as a people and as a nation. However, as long as we keep supporting foreigners over our own people, as long as we are quick to have a foreigner's back while throwing fellow Nigerians 'under the bus,' we will continue to suffer as a nation and will never reach our full God-intended potential. When you have a country like Nigeria where many of her citizens are filled with self-hate and are always looking to tear each other down wherever they find themselves - home or abroad, on the world wide web and in-person - how can we expect people from other nationalities to respect us and take us seriously? I mean, think about it.

God bless you for this. You read my mind. Nigerians are a bunch of self-hating, religiously, hypocritical pricks.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by t2luv1: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
hayoakins: ...because our labour laws got loopholes and our government and labour union are greedy, insensitive and useless

What Labor laws?. I don't think one exist in that country. I have been trying to google a link to Nigeria Constitution on line. I have yet to come across the constitution yet. I can get the entire US constitution online, but not Nigeria. Nigeria maltreat each other so bad that expecting something different from a foreigner beats me. Slavery is in most Nigrians DNA how else can you explain the hiring of a 9 y/o boys and girls as house help then paying pittance as salary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Bome01(m): 12:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Y'all talking like Nigerian companies don't do worse than the asians. . . Abegi!
Btw, the media can do a lot to curb this problem. It has to stop!
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Bome01(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2014
Vonwolf: I commed you for this thread, may be we shud dedicate a thread where we can post names of these chinese companies that maltreat nigerians. That's d only solution to dis problem.
This would go a long way to curb their excesses!
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 11, 2014
dasparrow:

This is what happens when you come from a country like Nigeria where you have leaders who don't give a damn about her citizens. Can the Chinese try this crap in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, France and the likes? Of course they can't because these countries have labor laws in place that are strictly enforced. Secondly, unlike most Nigerians who 'worship' anyone who is not a member of the black race, people of other races and nationalities respect and hold members of their race and fellow citizens in high esteem. I can't go to USA and maltreat an American and expect that Americans will have my back and support me. Americans will support their own first, they will support their fellow indigenous American citizen over any immigrant, naturalized US citizen, or American-born offspring of a once-upon-a-time immigrant.

The average Nigerian on the other hand will throw his or her fellow Nigerian citizen 'under the bus' while supporting the foreigner instead. Take it from me who was born and has lived outside Nigeria for an extended period of time, it is NOT done that way anywhere. Nigerians are the only set of human beings that I know of that are quick to support foreigners over their own fellow Nigerian citizens both at home and abroad. Other Africans don't do that, Americans don't do that, Europeans don't do that, Asians don't do that. They support their own citizens but the Nigerian? Nope!

So then, why should it come as a surprise that foreigners treat Nigerians like dirt in their own homeland? The Chinese know that Nigerians are sadly not united and have never been. They know that Nigerians hate each other with impunity and will not come together to fight foreign oppressors on our soil. So obviously, the average abusive Chinese employer will continue with his wickedness knowing fully well that he will get away with it or he can easily bribe his way out of the situation.

The day Nigerians begin to truly support one another is the day things will begin to look up for us as a people and as a nation. However, as long as we keep supporting foreigners over our own people, as long as we are quick to have a foreigner's back while throwing fellow Nigerians 'under the bus,' we will continue to suffer as a nation and will never reach our full God-intended potential. When you have a country like Nigeria where many of her citizens are filled with self-hate and are always looking to tear each other down wherever they find themselves - home or abroad, on the world wide web and in-person - how can we expect people from other nationalities to respect us and take us seriously? I mean, think about it.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 11, 2014
15k to care for family,abeg stop.
golddeejay: they are maltreat nigerians because they see us maltreat and enslave ourselves. Because they know we have government dat doesnt give a heck abt the welfare of their citizens. And Some people here are blamin the people working in those companies...i think going through these maltreatments is better than not been able to provide for ur family. That is the worst thing that can happen to a MAN.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Stop being slaves and go and farm.
Irohjohnpaulc: I even hv some companies in my home town lokpaukwu umuchieze in umunneoch LGA abia state. Lebanese n chinese company. Quarry company were dey crush stone i.e chippins. Dey use us as if we r slaves even in my own house. If u come dia n c wot dis ppl take away in my town n hv done notin 2 my ppl u will shed tears 4 us
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerians want them to treat them that way.
Auntynurse: So pathetic.. Two hospitals along Adeniyi Jones are not even owned by Doctors & they don't even invite them.. king Solomon & Porshah hospital.. Owned by a retired soldier from Lebanon & the other a CHEW frm Bangladesh.. The way they treat Nigerians der is sooo bad bt if u see d way they handle those reds(their pple), abi re they whites, u'll think they live in luxury in their home countries.. God av mercy
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerians ,God is watching,how can GOVT DEPLOY SOLDIERS FOR ITS OWN CITIZENS?
AdeniyiA:
Do you reside in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 11, 2014
AND THE PAINFUL THING IS THEY USE OUR RESOURSES,THEY ARE NOT IMPORTING THE RESOURSES,AND MAKES US WORK LIKE SLAVES IN OUR OWN COUNTRY,EVEN SLAVES DESERVES BETTER
jeak123:

My dear brother, there is dis saying 'don't complain about what u permit'. So many Nigerians are boot leakers. Don't b surprised dat u are here complaining while some pple are feeding fat trom d confusion. I would advice dat u tell ur pple to write to d company stating d anomalies and a copy sent to d commissioner of police, anoda to NLC, anoda to d office of d governor of ur state and anoda to the senate giving dem a deadline for dem to either make amends or ur community will close down d company. U'll c a change. It has neva stopped to work. And if they don't, ur whole entire community including women n children should siege d company and force dem to stop work.

There is a company in Portharcourt, called CNPC. Some nigerians have worked with dem for over 15 years and they are still casuals. D day i visited a friend there, i couldn't stomach d nonsense happening there. Our leaders have betrayed us n also some of our brothers who are cohorts to these chinese. Even when a report is made n Nigerian officials visit, u wont hear anything about d matter after d visit. Niagerians, we are d problem of nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment: When is the next recruitment? / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / Graduate Trainees At Actionaid Nigeria - October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.