Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,667 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47971 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Gidihub: 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
ok
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Zedric: your reasoning is a bit low. If u have any problem with the culture, leave the country and go stay with the whites u like so much. There are things in our culture that will neva be erased, computer age or android age
your reasoning is extremely low. What kind of culture is it that restricts movements of innocent individuals or pose a threat to kill or use them as sacrifice? in this 21st century? Shouldn't we be wiser than all this now? It's people like you that will never make positive changes when in authority even though it's clear some pratices should be scrapped

38 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by habex005(m): 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
traditional rites, does that mean nobody should go out and make money...?

As oro started giving people food...

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Giftedstan(m): 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Like seriously! ...Thought they've all been healed from their insanity.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kurlz(f): 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Korodu and oro all the time, oga o. When will this stop for Christ's sake.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by publicenemy(m): 6:10am On Aug 07, 2014
wink
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!

as you dey smart for NL so, carry your two legs go IKORODU go make noise.

7 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Kennykenty(m): 6:21am On Aug 07, 2014
If you like it, you are warned, stay clear, if not, relocate to bornu state and dictate to boko/H. on how to worship their god to them. Too much familiarity bred......

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Lilimax(f): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2014
But Lagos ought to be a mega city undecided? These oro festivals usually disrupt activities in a mega city nah... embarassed
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shindarayo(f): 6:24am On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age
and wat is so silly in practising ones culture silly boy?

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Afrocatalyst: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2014
eddiebruk:

as you dey smart for NL so, carry your two legs go IKORODU go make noise.
Of course I wouldn't do that.
But that doesn't mean I approve of such bans.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Pavore9: 6:25am On Aug 07, 2014
Hmm..what of those working on the lsland who come home late? They better make alternative arrangement, as these traditionalists don talk their own!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shindarayo(f): 6:26am On Aug 07, 2014
haibe: your reasoning is extremely low. What kind of culture is it that restricts movements of innocent individuals or pose a threat to kill or use them as sacrifice? in this 21st century? Shouldn't we be wiser than all this now? It's people like you that will never make positive changes when in authority even though it's clear some pratices should be scrapped
give ceasar wat belongs to ceasar.am sure if u heard boko haram wld be bombing ikeja today and u stay in ikorodu ull definitely run to kafansha.d fear of boko is d beginn of wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shindarayo(f): 6:27am On Aug 07, 2014
Lilimax: But Lagos ought to be a mega city undecided? These oro festivals usually disrupt activities in a mega city nah... embarassed
say dt to the Gods

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shindarayo(f): 6:29am On Aug 07, 2014
habex005: traditional rites, does that mean nobody should go out and make money...?

As oro started giving people food...
if u heard boko haram wld bomb lagos today wont u forget wat ull eat for d nnext one week and stay home.abi hs boko haram started giving pple money

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Galadimabawa: 6:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Vanity vexation of spirit.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shindarayo(f): 6:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Balkan: When will this our sisters from Southwest get
civilized? Tufiakwa!
werey ma leleyi oo

9 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by aitanofi(m): 6:35am On Aug 07, 2014
The second name of ikorodu people is ORO!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by englishmart(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Welcome to Lagos state
A home for the gods

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2014
Why not go to sambisa and test the potency of their stupid charms, atleast they mght help us in bringing back our gals instead of scaring innocent people.....No wonder Africa is stil 9 steps backward

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tintingz(m): 6:50am On Aug 07, 2014
I'm not a traditionalist but why are some people in this thread behaving like inane individual?

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kkjoy(f): 6:55am On Aug 07, 2014
disloman: Shey na only ikorodu get culture ni?Wey b say na everytime dem dey do ORO ni.Some of my colleagues no go come work b that oooo.Won't b surprised employers not employing pple live in ikorodu cos of these rites.make dem dey rent a room 4 100naira.can't live there.

Get yours fact correctly before saying it in public, who told u a room in ikorodu is 100 naira?? There are plenty places in lagos that ikorodu is far far far better than... Wait till the road is completed and see if u won't join the queue to ikorodu

4 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2014
shindarayo: give ceasar wat belongs to ceasar.am sure if u heard boko haram wld be bombing ikeja today and u stay in ikorodu ull definitely run to kafansha.d fear of boko is d beginn of wisdom.

of course I will give ceasar wat belongs to him because this myopic practice hasn't been scrapped. The president is the head of Nigeria, and therefore has the power to make positive changes. Practices like this poses a threat to the life of citizens that reside in this areas and therefore should be made a criminal offence since everyone has a right to life. This is where the boko haram bombings is different since its obviously criminal offence but this oro bulshit is seen as normal.

Why should the death of one man restrict the movement of thousands of people who have important things to do? why should it lead to the death of people or cause unnecessary fear? Nigeria shouldn't be this backward in this 21st century; rituals of this nature should be made a criminal offence. If they want to appoint another oba, they will do the same practice of oro again and use the lives of innocent people as sacrifice, why should things like this be supported? What if it happens that one of our relatives are killed for the sake of an oba? or because boko haram is killing, it then justifies killings by other sects?

Well let everyone practice what they believe but without interfering with the law of the nation by taking lives or causing unnecessary restrictions to citizens. Do you know how many people would lose their jobs because they reside in ikorodu? Argh! !!

22 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by alingo4life: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2014
If this Happens in Ibadan,Some Idiots here would be shouting and saying Rubbish calling Ibadan people unprintable names..Even in Ibadan there is no Cultural festival where people's restrictions are curtailed....Chai.Lagos Indeed..There is god ohhh

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Rapsainot(m): 7:06am On Aug 07, 2014
EBOLA is striking. lagosians are smiling.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by mickyarams: 7:07am On Aug 07, 2014
shindarayo: if u heard boko haram wld bomb lagos today wont u forget wat ull eat for d nnext one week and stay home.abi hs boko haram started giving pple money

Comments like this only highlights the sheer ignorance and inability of most Nigerians to engage in a grown up discussion without bringing meaningless comparison into it. So because bokoharam are causing chaos in our country, you silly tw@t think it's okay for other religions yo put restrictions on our lives, and you wonder why Africa is in its sorry state. Other continents are sending men to the moon, coming up with new technological innovations that amazes everyone, my own people are dancing around in masquerades and threatening their fellow citizens.

17 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Kalvan300: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2014
Cultures evolve...

But I can't help but feel that certain people need to return back to their villages in the East.

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by muyeeoo(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2014
this is craziness that is celebrated in the name of culture. if it was a religious doctrine that wants to do this rubbish we should equally condemn it.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 07, 2014
Ok o, make I ask my rel. wey leave that side
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hakeem4(m): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2014
ibdeals1:

Lol i get...charms test..and been man enough...i hav feared ikorodu(ikoh du) grin for some time now i knw the can be really dangerous even though i still fear that town in ondo i told u abt..am sure u live there if you re allowed to witness the event tomorrow pls kindly take some pics and upload cheesy
its not possible ............. They would just kill the person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.