Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47958 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Awolowo free education at work...lol
Behold the most sophisticated tribe on planet earth....lol
Dont you know that after the charm testing Ebola cure would emerge....All hail yorucannibals!
Arindin
Knuckleshead clan of Ritualists
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
LOL! Heaven knows I will walk freely had it been I live in Ikorodu.

I've done that in Delta state, did it many times in Kogi state, Ekiti is not left out. Who fit stop me? cheesy Dem neva born am oo
grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by wagazala: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
CharlieMaria: Because of idol? undecided
While people are dying of Ebola. Mtcheeeew

And what has your White Jesus been able to do about Ebola?

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kayzeesoft(m): 8:37am On Aug 07, 2014
austinebode: . It' not about "reasoning low" but knowing christ. As a christian I don't have any issues wt what the idol woshipper (the said culture) does, provided it' does affetct movement. It' only in Africa we don't think about other. May God help us.
just have faith in your God. But stay off and don't dare them.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shiffynaani(m): 8:37am On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age
*stupid*? Is it really stupid? Wow,i doubt that! Cos a statement like this is USELESS when it comes from assshole,bastard that has undermined their cultural practices in the name of civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Eyepencil: 8:38am On Aug 07, 2014
YOLOBAR people with dia useless culture, with the high rate of amala and ewedu consumption how do u expect those Igbos to reason well. Useless lazy arse modafuckers. Ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by wagazala: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!

And the Queen of England should move out of London because Culture no longer matters in Cities filled with foreigners? Olodo.

8 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by whytet01(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2014
6 Amaechi commissioners’ll
resign, join PDP –Wike
 1
BYTONY JOH, PORT HARCOURT ON
AUGUST 7, 2014
· COVER
Minister of State for Education,
Chief Nyesom Wike, has said six
serving commissioners in Rivers
State would in December, resign
their positions and defect to the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Names of the commissioners
were not mentioned. Wike also
expressed optimism that the PDP
would win the governorship elec­
tion in the state in 2015.
Speaking at Ozuaba in Obio/
Akpor Local Government Area of
the state yesterday during the of­
ficial launch of the Millennium
Development Goals (MDG’s)
Economic Empowerment and
Conditional Cash Transfer Pro­
grammes in the 23 council areas
of the state by the wife of the
President, Dame Patience
Goodluck Jonathan, Wike said the
commissioners will have made
enough money in order to
sustain themselves and their fami­
lies before resigning their
appointments.
He told Mrs. Jonathan that she
would remember that he (Wike)
made the promise yesterday that
the PDP would win the gov­
ernorship election in the state
and retain power afterwards.
“Your Excellency, I want to say
that today, August 6, you will call
me that I said so. You can tell
your security to remind you that I
(Wike) said it here, in Akpor
Grammar School, Ozuoaba, Obio/
Apkor Local Government that PDP
will win the governorship
election and retain Rivers State.
“Let me also tell you (addressing
the First Lady) that by December,
six commissioners will resign
and join us in PDP. The ar­
rangement we had was that they
should remain there (State
Executive Council) and make
enough money to take care of
themselves and their families.
“If they resign now, they will be
sacked. So, we want them to
remain there and make enough
money and join us then. I will not
mention names, but when the
time comes you will know them,”
Wike said.
He faulted the empowerment
programmes embarked upon by
the Governor Chibuike Amaechi -
led government, saying it was an
afterthought.
“They are giving buses to local
government areas. What they are
doing is buying you over and
they give you ‘tokumbo’ (used)
buses.
“Look at what the First Lady is
giving. These are brand new
buses,” he said, even as he urged
people of the state to continue to
support President Goodluck
Jonathan and his wife ahead of
the 2015 elections.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shiffynaani(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2014
Eyepencil: YOLOBAR people with dia useless culture, with the high rate of amala and ewedu consumption how do u expect those Igbos to reason well. Useless lazy arse modafuckers. Ndi ara!
why would you respect another man's culture when you've have already forsaken your culture:;(.if the statement had come from a more respected,civilized person,i would've taken it seriouslysad:;.#BASTARD!

8 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by sorom4: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2014
Charms + Juju = Yorubaland.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Eyepencil: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2014
shiffynaani: why would you respect another man's culture when you've have already forsaken you culture.if the statement had come from a more respected,civilived person,i would've taken it seriously.#BASTARD!

WASTED SP.ERM

COWARD grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Lakeshizu(m): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2014
shiffynaani: why would you respect another man's culture when you've have already forsaken your culture:;(.if the statement had come from a more respected,civilized person,i would've taken it seriouslysad:;.#BASTARD!
grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by wagazala: 8:49am On Aug 07, 2014
Eyepencil: YOLOBAR people with dia useless culture, with the high rate of amala and ewedu consumption how do u expect those Igbos to reason well. Useless lazy arse modafuckers. Ndi ara!

Your pain can be felt...sorry you would have to feel that way for the rest of your existence...YOLOBAR people always seem to be ahead of you right?? hence the hatred...Pele Mabinu.

11 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Omo na today I just dey realize say igbos even plenty pass my yoruba pple here for dangote...its like time don come for retrenchment ooooo. Hw come aliens go pass indigenes for their land.. Indigenisation and ostracization policy about to commence....watchout for massive sacking in dangote pasta... Nd get ready ur cvs for immediate recruitment...must be of yoruba ancestry and descent.. Incase u dnt knw. Am a quality control manager and need to do some purging as soon as possible... Operational reports to start next 18 days... There shld be a formal reports soon...
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shiffynaani(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Eyepencil: .

WASTED SP.ERM

COWARD grin
Bunch of loosers!

Igboscheesy

6 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2014
brainless retards with their worthless and idolic traditions...
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by presley64(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2014
In dis modern age, still acting like d 70s n 60s.... F**k tradition n culture... Rubbish.... If they too get charm make dem use d juju #bringbackourgirls
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ghostofsparta(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2014
-
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by natureblack(m): 9:01am On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=samflexxy]why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age[/quot emmancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Promote your cultural heritage.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Forwetinnah: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2014
Make dem follow pursue Ebola from Nigeria with their cleansing o.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kamez(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2014
Restriction my bombom

Infact na for ikorodu highway I go sleep today.. No shaking..

Lolz just kidding pls.. Can't even remember the last time I went to ikorodu sef.. Wowo place
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Bigwig1: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2014
It's sad at dis age still doin ritual nd using human being. Dats y dres no much development in d town. Smh
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by emmkid(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2014
ibdeals1: Theres also an eluku masqurade/spirit in a town in ondo the town is called oke igbo...its strange that theres another in ikorodu..the one in that town in ondo state is damn scary that no one is allowed to look at it anyone that looks at it die instantly lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol, yh, i stay at uniosun , ifetedo , aluku badt gan , but its not dah anyone dah looks at it dies instantly tho . . .
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2014
MrDoGood: good 4 dem oh. na only GOD knw watin benin people go do wen oba die

Say dis any wea close to Benin Nd dem go kill u 1st.. mind ur speech bro

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ideycraze: 9:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!
So the indigenes of Lagos shouldn't practise their culture?

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by EMERITUS1(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2014
I STAY IN IKORODU, ACTUALLY THE RESTRICTION ENDED 6AM. I AM ALREADY @ MY OFFICE.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ibdeals1(m): 9:31am On Aug 07, 2014
emmkid:
lol, yh, i stay at uniosun , ifetedo , aluku badt gan , but its not dah anyone dah looks at it dies instantly tho . . .

maybe tht partiular one..is no more but according to the ones that was there in the 90's when i visited my great old grand mother..no one dares look at it ..these particular one roams about that ancient town of oke igbo thats ile oluji local govt and no one dares look at it and stay live..nobody has the picture nor any thing about it..they only knw it roams about greeting everybody in the community

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by shiffynaani(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age
uncivlized,crude statement
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Lagos, no matter what, remains a Yoruba district and other tribes remain our guest. Tell me, should we scrap our culture because of some guest? If u don't like it, go back to whatever hole u crawled out of

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.