Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,346 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47970 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by smallJagaban: 7:29am On Aug 07, 2014
LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND . WE MUST SEND MONEY TO OUR ALIMENT PARENTS AND RELATIVES IN South East (EBOLAND ).

#OHANEZE MUST ISSUE ULTIMATUM

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 22MM(m): 7:30am On Aug 07, 2014
Hmm
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Aidy97(f): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2014
After ranting on nl.....you will still stay at home.... *how sad!

7 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Generalkorex(m): 7:38am On Aug 07, 2014
public holiday
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by stigman(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2014
Zedric: your reasoning is a bit low. If u have any problem with the culture, leave the country and go stay with the whites u like so much. There are things in our culture that will neva be erased, computer age or android age

You are still far from God, u still have time to do that, now is the time
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2014
Awolowo free education at work...lol
Behold the most sophisticated tribe on planet earth....lol
Dont you know that after the charm testing Ebola cure would emerge....All hail yorucannibals!

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by austinebode: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2014
Zedric: your reasoning is a bit low. If u have any problem with the culture, leave the country and go stay with the whites u like so much. There are things in our culture that will neva be erased, computer age or android age
. It' not about "reasoning low" but knowing christ. As a christian I don't have any issues wt what the idol woshipper (the said culture) does, provided it' does affetct movement. It' only in Africa we don't think about other. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Lakeshizu(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Shout, Scream, abuse our Tribe, abuse the Culture.
Tribalize the thread, abuse d Southwest.
Turn it to PDP and APC e-fight, abuse Thiefnibu, abuse Fashola.
Preach abt Jesus, Preach abt Mohammed,
Computer age or Civilized age.

One thing is certain, U will stay at Home.
If u hate ur head walk abt!!!

12 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2014
This is tradition nd it belongs to us..its an identity dat stands ur tribe out frm odas...most pple complaning here I no say dem b dose greedy igbo pests wey no fit honour their hosts wth dere demands...if u can't honour our customs nd traditions den **uck outta our land..gather ur filth wth ur bastard parents back to ur forbidden kingdom. Shey na only lagos be ur lifeblood ni...una wey dey claim church or religion..just knw dat b4 d intro of any religion dere has being a mark of identity for africa nd its our religion..go to japan,thailand,india,ireland, even usa wth their halloween all dem contri dey conform demselves to watever nature nt just foist on them bt show dem its right..bt dis stewpid igos wth dere parasitic spleen wey fit make mony for hell re here complaning..nobody beg u to pay huse rent for lagos shebi u remember. If u still can't hold it den go back to ur lands.... Or una obi for onitsha no dey do in traditional rites abegi comot here joor. Bedbugs

14 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by aryzgreat: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2014
this waste part of southern Nigeria is still living in stone age. imagine telling people not to come out and if u do ur head will be used to bury oba. what about travellers that are not aware about this barbaric culture? crythis waste part of southern Nigeria is still living in stone age. imagine telling people not to come out and if u do ur head will be used to bury oba. what about travellers that are not aware about this barbaric culture?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by emmatok(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2014
austinebode: . It' not about "reasoning low" but knowing christ. As a christian I don't have any issues wt what the idol woshipper (the said culture) does, provided it' does affetct movement. It' only in Africa we don't think about other. May God help us.
Do the Indians and chinese think about your God?
Learning to tolorate other people religion/culture, is a Christian virtue.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by DaBullIT(m): 7:56am On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age

It only became silly cultural practise because Oyinbo brought their language and religion to us , gave kings mirrors in exchange for hundreds of our forefathers

Doesn't it bother you that religion and slave trade came just about the same time ?just saying

,China has 2nd largest worlds economy , they live in computer age too but they held on to their culture , traditional culture can not cause or end Ebola

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by yomanovic: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2014
disloman: Shey na only ikorodu get culture ni?Wey b say na everytime dem dey do ORO ni.Some of my colleagues no go come work b that oooo.Won't b surprised employers not employing pple live in ikorodu cos of these rites.make dem dey rent a room 4 100naira.can't live there.

ur so freaking silly mehn. lets see if you got enough money to buy a house in ikeja where you live. be a tenant forever, mr ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2014
haibe: your reasoning is extremely low. What kind of culture is it that restricts movements of innocent individuals or pose a threat to kill or use them as sacrifice? in this 21st century? Shouldn't we be wiser than all this now? It's people like you that will never make positive changes when in authority even though it's clear some pratices should be scrapped

be quite abeg.. What kind of 21st century are you talking about? Their KING died and u expect them not to perform traditional rights before installing another King. This could happen anythere in the world. Don't Asian countries do the same. Is lagos more civilised than shanghai, tokyo et al? You have to respect their culture and so be it.

4 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by barcaboi(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2014
I think it comes at a good time. It could in a way curtail ebola spread....infact the nation should declare a 2day break/curfew to hinder ebola spread....those with symptoms will be discovered.....Health minister shd resign asap

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Jakeattah(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2014
And I'm in Ikorodu ryt now, I ignorantly came to work without knowing... Let me run sharply. Jor
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!
You are the one that need to return to wherever They are in their homeland practising their culture.You can crawl back to wherever you came from,you won;t be missed. Whether it is Benin or wherever people have their cultures and thoe who do not like it can NAFF OFF!!

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by pegmatite(f): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2014
WHY DEM NO DEY ANNOUNCE AM FOR RADIO?

...AND THE PEOPLE DOING THIS ARE PROMINENT LAGOSIANS

THEY BERRA TAKE IT TO SAMBISA
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:12am On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age
You dey crase
Yabaleft candidate
Go try dem na if u no go turn to goat
So, na oyinbo culture make we embrace abi?

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by angela98(f): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2014
I just hope human sacrifices doesn't involve in all of this..because that will mean a cold blood murder in the name of traditional rituals.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by deebrain(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2014
As at 2014, fetish practice is the only pride of ikorodu. im ashamed to be identified with that community. thanks to Europe for accepting me.

angry

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:15am On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!
Do you own Lagos
Who invited you?

8 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:17am On Aug 07, 2014
Balkan: When will this our sisters from Southwest get
civilized? Tufiakwa!
Tell that to your Amadioha brothers

6 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ghostofsparta(m): 8:18am On Aug 07, 2014
Ignorant is a bad thing, it's a shame that many like you all over Nigeria and particularly in Yorubaland have been brainwashed since childhood to demonize, denigrate by comparing and viewing everything pertaining to our respective ancestral beliefs systems with alienic idea such as backward and stupid, let me ask you this, are Americans and Europeans stupid and backward as well to observe annually the celebration of Halloween 'trick or treat' activities aka Day of the Dead, and other pagan festivities repackaged to fit modern times such as the Christmas?

CharlieMaria: Because of idol? undecided
While people are dying of Ebola. Mtcheeeew
If you are so sure it's an idol as you've been brainwashed to believe while certain non-African foreigners pay huge money to buy it away to their countries to tap its energy and rechannel for their advancement, why don't you go there and tell the organizers/priests that they are into nothing but a mere scarecrow dolls, and you could go there with a bunch of Nigerian army should in case.

alaladakosta: More reason I prefer to die in Yankee.
...where you and the likes of you will be nothing but 6th class migrants who dare not utter a word seeing 4th class citizens (asians) like the Chinese/Japanese publicly celebrate and display their dragon and other pagan related festivals nor protests against 3rd class citizens (Latinas) memorialize several of what you consider paganistic but still dare not whine while you will be look down upon as an Abrahamic loving untermensch with no cultural identity who's always proud to bear the name of his colonial slave masters. I have a religionist friend like you who's glad to have had his first, middle and last name as English e.g. Kelvin Harrord Doglass.

drestoneokuta: What about people that are covered with the blood of Jesus? undecided
The Eluku masquerade will ofcourse bow down, so please show up there today with your pack of shrine-destroying prayer-warrior team.

yarnings: In this 21st century,why disrupting peoples free movement all in the name of ORO? I hope the named area is a remote village or getto...
During Christian and Muslim festivals in supposedly secular Nigeria, civil life is disrupted by using officialdom to prevent the citizenry who don't believe in either Christianity or Islam to carry out their normal lives by the enforcement of religious holidays, what a contradiction! whereas in nearby Benin Republic where cultural and indigenous beliefs are upheld more than slavish Abrahamic religions that Nigerians find hard to unshackle their thought process from. If you do want to learn, click HERE to read about the true purpose of Óró

Oro, Eluku etc are unique part of what I call Yoruba Advanced Science erroneously known as juju that have been tried and tested and can be confirmed by independent for example between the witching hour is between the 12 and 3am by according to Euro-american criminal reports where most violent crimes are committed within those hours, what Oro and Eluku does is to conduct the clea

9 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by holyboy100: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2014
haibe: your reasoning is extremely low. What kind of culture is it that restricts movements of innocent individuals or pose a threat to kill or use them as sacrifice? in this 21st century? Shouldn't we be wiser than all this now? It's people like you that will never make positive changes when in authority even though it's clear some pratices should be scrapped
Go and tell that to your village elders.
If you can't respect the people's culture, nobody invited you in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by siegfried99(m): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2014
aitanofi: The second name of ikorodu people is ORO!

grin grin you are absolutely right.

I lived there for 5 years and I lost count of how many ORO that was done.. grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by cy4by: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2014
I saw the youth in black tee-shirt on Sunday. They were parading and chanting. Hmmmnn. Na wa o
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kayzeesoft(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2014
yarnings: In this 21st century,why disrupting peoples free movement all in the name of ORO? I hope the named area is a remote village or getto...
same thing still happen in ikeja which is city.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.