Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP (17403 Views)

Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Osoba’s SDP Loses All In Ogun / Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by demand1982: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2014
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra State yesterday suffered loss as members elected on his platform in the House Representative defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The list of the lawmakers from the House of Representatives that defected from APGA to the PDP included the former state governorship aspirant on the platform of APGA and Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Environment, Hon. Uche Ekwunife; Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Capital Market, Chris Emeka Azubogu and three other lawmakers from the state.

They have also written the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Ahmed Mu’azu, seeking waiver to return to the party and apparently contest the parliamentary election in February 2015.

Other members of the House who have written to the national chairman of the party were the Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Victor Afam Ogene; member representing Onitsha North/ Onitsha South federal constituency, Cyril Egwuatu and the Chairman, House Committee on Culture, Tourism, Pilgrimages and Religious Matters, Chief John Olibie.

With their defection to the PDP, it has reduced the All Progressives Congress (APC) grip in the House.

According to the lawmakers in their separate letters addressed to the PDP national chairman through the PDP state Chairman, Prince Ken Emeakayi, and copied the leader of South-east and National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, they attributed their dumping APGA and returning to their former party, PDP, to the lingering crisis in APGA and the relative peace that the PDP was witnessing in the state and in the country at large.

The lawmakers, who described themselves as founding members of the PDP, said it became imperative to return and be part of the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The national assembly members cited internal crisis in APGA and endless litigations between the two APGA factions of Victor Umeh and Maxi Okwu as another reason for leaving the party.

The office of the national chairman received the letters on Monday as they all carried the official stamp and acknowledging receipt of the letters by the five members of the House.

Ekwunife in her four paragraph letter stated that: “This is to inform you of my decision to return to my original party, the PDP, and also to notify you of my resignation as a member of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

“My decision is as a result of the internal crisis and endless litigations between the two APGA factions of Chief Victor Umeh and Chief Maxi Okwu.

“I have therefore returned to PDP to continue to give unwavering and interrupted support to Goodluck Jonathan and his monumental transformation agenda and nation building. “In the present circumstance, I therefore appeal to the national and state executives of the party to grant me the waiver required to further my political aspirations under the umbrella of the PDP. Kindly inform all necessary organs of the party accordingly.”

Azubogu’s letter read in part: “I write with a great sense of humility to inform you of my decision to return to the PDP, a political party I was a member from 1999 before I ran for election in 2011 on the platform of APGA.”

“My decision is borne out of the leadership tussle in APGA between Maxi Okwu and Chief Victor Umeh factions which have put the interest of elected officers in great danger.

“Further to my resolve to offer a credible representation to the good people of Nnewi North, Nnewi South and Ekwusigo federal constituency and their support to President Jonathan in 2015 and beyond, and the internal democracy enthroned by the national chairman of PDP, Muazu, I have decided to join PDP.

“In this circumstance, I seek the indulgence of the state executive of the party to grant me the waiver required to further my political aspirations on the platform of the PDP. “

Ogene in his letter also said: “This decision is borne out of the litany of litigations which has polarised my former political party, the APGA, into the Umeh and Okwu factions-a tread which has left party faithful aspiring for elective office in a quandary.”

In his letter, Olibie said: “Consequently, due to the internal crisis in APGA, I have resigned my membership of the party and most humbly and respectfully apply to return and to be re-registered as a member of PDP in Ukpo Ward 3, Dunukofia Local Government Area of the state with all rights and privileges.”

www.aitonline.tv/post-apga_lawmakers_decamp_to_pdp_in_anambra

1 Like

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by fitzmayowa: 12:52am On Aug 07, 2014
All this ashewo polithiefcians...SMH

Anyway the fresh air keeps blowing...cheesy

4 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by courage54(m): 1:32am On Aug 07, 2014
Was there any party like APGA before? Because I can't remember the last time they acted like an opposition party against the PDP, as am typing now APGA national chairman and their leader Peter Obi might be in aso rock now sweeping GEJ bedroom.

66 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 07, 2014
courage54: Was there any party like APGA before? Because I can't remember the last time they acted like an opposition party against the PDP, as am typing now APGA national chairman and their leader Peter Obi might be in aso rock now sweeping GEJ bedroom.

Nothing can be truer than this opinion.....

Its only an infant that will not see the palpable synergy between PDP and APGA which often play the spoiler role in the East and LP who do the same in the West

Useless parties being ra..ped and plundered by PDP from time immemorial

32 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by earthgreeners(m): 3:29am On Aug 07, 2014
APGA na party?.....Abeg comot for road make I watch dis wresting finish

27 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by ayukdaboss(m): 3:43am On Aug 07, 2014
APGA...A football club?? Or a specie of fowl as the logo displays? sad

22 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by free2ryhme: 3:44am On Aug 07, 2014
This is an obvious that politics in the east lacks coherrence and ideology and everyone involve are just concerned about their selfish self centredness

19 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by aresa: 3:48am On Aug 07, 2014
Sounds like formal amalgamation. I guess they got tired of the silly and deceptive charade..

20 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by padeolu: 3:49am On Aug 07, 2014
APGA on its way to extinction

16 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by mrprestige(m): 3:49am On Aug 07, 2014
Sorry for APGA. PDP all d way. grin grin let's go Uncle Jonna cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by kabba7(m): 3:51am On Aug 07, 2014
THIS PARTY HAS SERIOUSLY.RUBBISHED THE IGBO RACE AS CHEAP PROSTITUTES.

38 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Kalvan300: 3:54am On Aug 07, 2014
What is an APGA?!

Is that a meal eaten in Iboland?!

24 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Kalvan300: 3:54am On Aug 07, 2014
kabba7:

cheesy

16 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Aromas: 3:57am On Aug 07, 2014
2015 thingz nooni, as 4me I wish the Eastern part of d con3 should all go 4 PDP since there common political party APGA has set another bad record by loosing the big wings to PDP, so why should they delay themselves.......moreover they're working for PDP when it comes to presidential election. Thank God Oga Jona don kukuma renovate there airport to international standard and also d 2nd Niger bridge is under-construction. IGBO KWEENU

5 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 07, 2014
chai!, people no dey sleep

1 Like

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by tonyot(m): 4:00am On Aug 07, 2014
Fresh air touching lives and will continue to do so till 2019.

6 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by alentyno: 4:01am On Aug 07, 2014
grin
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by padeolu: 4:02am On Aug 07, 2014
kabba7:
isn't that what they truly are?

25 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 07, 2014
GEJ,most desperate individual since 1890!

8 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by ghostofsparta(m): 4:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Click HERE to read a probable truth on a plausible origin of Ebola.
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Alishachris: 4:05am On Aug 07, 2014
so much for the ibo party . I've always told my umunne, our only redemption lies with APC!

25 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by initialize(m): 4:10am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 07, 2014
smiley
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 07, 2014
courage54: Was there any party like APGA before? Because I can't remember the last time they acted like an opposition party against the PDP, as am typing now APGA national chairman and their leader Peter Obi might be in aso rock now sweeping GEJ bedroom.

APGA members are not stu$pid. They know when to act as an opposition but certainly not against their ancestral brother President Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan who has served them well. You want an example of staunch opposition...ask Dr. Ngige and APC. Anambrans made it clear to Dr. Ngige, we love you brother but you have to come home...leave that satanic APC party.

14 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by LMAyedun(m): 4:15am On Aug 07, 2014
APGA & LP has been Branches of the PDP right from their inception. Its no news jare.

12 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by CharlieMaria(m): 4:21am On Aug 07, 2014
Noted
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by kaymaximum02(m): 4:23am On Aug 07, 2014
padeolu: isn't that what they truly are?

Your persistent tribalism is very disgusting. It shows how unfortunate your upbringing was. Such a shame. undecided

12 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by LMAyedun(m): 4:28am On Aug 07, 2014
kabba7:
And what has this got to do with the entire Igbo Race?
People just say trash without caution.
Too many kids on NL.

11 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by LMAyedun(m): 4:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Wadraj: GEJ,most desperate individual since 1890!
Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by seunmsg(m): 4:37am On Aug 07, 2014
When will gov Obiano also decamp to PDP? It's high time that party called APGA be formally merged with PDP. We need serious opposition parties and not pretenders who only whip up tribal sentiments during local elections and kiss PDP's ass during National election.

31 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by sohl7(m): 4:37am On Aug 07, 2014
What do you expect from a one state party

10 Likes

Re: APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 07, 2014
You got banned again? SMH
angry angry
Kalvan300:

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Oil Thieves Jailed In Calabar For Six Years / Orji Uzor Kalu Spotted In Court Over Alleged Offences While In Office (photos) / ASUU Strike: How Nigerian Government Got It Wrong – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.