Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC (9677 Views)

BREAKING: Ayogu Eze Wins Enugu PDP Guber Primary / PDP Accuses Bankole Of Planning To Dump Party / APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 01, 2013
Enugu PDP legislators to ‘dump’ party for APC

Some members of the National Assembly elected on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) platform in Enugu State may have concluded plan to defect to the yet be registered All Progressives Congress (APC), it was learnt yesterday.

A chieftain of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and supporter of APC, Dr. Ben Nwoye, told journalists yesterday shortly after ACN held its congress in Enugu that many PDP members would soon dump the party for APC. Nwoye said that as soon as APC is registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the PDP chieftains would dump the party en masse for APC.

He said: “I can assure you that once the APC is pronounced registered, you will see massive defection from the PDP, massive defection from the ward to the local government to the state House of Assembly and even some serving executive members of this state, you will see massive defection all the way to the Senate and the House of Representatives, you will see massive defection.”

Nwoye, however, blamed the nation’s political and economic woes, as well as the insecurity of lives and property across the country on President Goodluck Jonathan’s lack of ideas to tackle the challenges. Stressing that Nigeria could no longer continue in the mess caused by bad governance, he called on true democrats to embrace the proposed APC.

Nwoye, a renowned human right lawyer, accused the Federal Government of deliberately planning to deny the people their freedom of speech through surveillance of phone calls. Reacting to money approved by the Federal Government for the victims of the violence that erupted after the 2011 general election , the ACN chieftain said that PDP was afraid of the next election, hence its decision to approve the money two years after the violence.

Nwoye said though he was not against the fund, he thought that the funds were slush money they use to perpetrate fraud. He also expressed dismay over the way the Federal Government is handling the nation’s security challenges.

On a purported court order obtained by some aggrieved members of ACN, Nwoye said that no order restrained the party from conducting congress in Enugu State.

He added that the purported order did not also restrain INEC and the State Security Service (SSS) officials from observing the congress. Nwoye said the injunction only restrained the caretaker committee of the party from parading themselves.

Source

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by teskyg: 12:21pm On May 01, 2013
Hahahaha.I can see Aboki getting more desperate.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by slimghost(m): 2:15pm On May 01, 2013
Lwkmd. Abeg which Enugu?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by gbanikiti(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2013
slimghost: Lwkmd. Abeg which Enugu?
Enugu state in America. mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 01, 2013
Wellucom wellucom.

I've been expecting you
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by abokinside: 3:43pm On May 01, 2013
B4 nko! The pdp ship is sinking fast! We expect nothing less than 12 pdp govs and the entire lefislators from their states to decamp to APC. Niger, Rivers, Kebbi, Kano, joining soon!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by HighChief4(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
This is not true. There is no such plan, Politicians should stop jumping from one party to another SMH
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by ernperookeke: 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
GBAGUAN angry angry angry
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by ernperookeke: 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
GBAGUAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBAGUAN!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 01, 2013
A state without governor. Anything goes!
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by whoawa(m): 3:56pm On May 01, 2013
BIG JOKE, U SHOULD HAVE KNOWNN DAT ENUGU IS THE ONLY STATE WITH ONE PARTY SYSTEM in NIGERIA and APC or whatever is 2small for enugu to wear
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by auditor0471: 3:59pm On May 01, 2013
what else are we expecting an opposition to say

3 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 01, 2013
LOOOOL. Enugu is a one party state(whether its a good or bad thing), its not possible. It has been dwarfing opposition parties since 1999, infact all these APC members shd do better homework when they want to coax ppl into their dreams.

Personally, i dont av prob with ANPP, CPC, bt i have prob with the merging
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 01, 2013
Prof Corruption: A state without governor. Anything goes!
but the state is still running fine, even better dan some with governors sef

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 01, 2013
ngozievergreen: LOOOOL. Enugu is a one party state(whether its a good or bad thing), its not possible. It has been dwarfing opposition parties since 1999, infact all these APC members shd do better homework when they want to coax ppl into their dreams.

Personally, i dont av prob with ANPP, CPC, bt i have prob with the merging

Spot on! I remember that at least, from 1999 to 2003, all 24 members of the Enugu House of Assembly, and all the LGA chairmen were all PDP members. grin
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by mosquitoNet(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2013
Mabasi! Una welcome oh... I see all these hypocrites scared already!

#TeamAPC..................................let's go there, no time, no time! God punish haters!! God punish PDP and their sympathisers/supporters

4 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Tracetruth: 4:35pm On May 01, 2013
They are not telling us the hidden plans they 've made with presido, jona has concluded plans to defect to apc but please don't tell jona that I said it ooo!
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nightshift(m): 4:42pm On May 01, 2013
I hope those hells aren't going to disturb the relative peace in the Coal city state with a new brand of Nigeria's gangster politics. PDP or not, Enugu people are very conservative when it comes to politics; they don't change their wrapper anyhow. We need to build on the foundation laid by the current governor. I believe it's the best way to go, if we are serious about sustaining the current programmes.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 01, 2013
Last time I checked, Dubem Onyia who used to be the ACN leader in Enugu state has decamped to the PDP.
The official opposition in Enugu is PDC, a party "owned" by fmr governor Chimaroke Nnamani.
Enugu is a one party state and there are more ppl standing and hanging outside than sitting in the PDP, Enugu chapter.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by slimghost(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2013
ernpero okeke: GBAGUAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBAGUAN!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

Who is this dimwit? Dude go get a life!
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Watzhup: 4:54pm On May 01, 2013
It's happening!!!
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by slimghost(m): 4:55pm On May 01, 2013
I ask again, which Enugu? For God's sake Enugu is a one party state and the name of that party is PDP.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by onatisi(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2013
abokinside: B4 nko! The pdp ship is sinking fast! We expect nothing less than 12 pdp govs and the entire lefislators from their states to decamp to APC. Niger, Rivers, Kebbi, Kano, joining soon!
keep dreaming.dreaming is good for the body.12 pdp govs moving to apc abi?go put them inside car and go register them.you think they are as duummb as they look?dream ok dream.infact not even 12 govs,all the state gov in nigeria will join apc even gej.
even ur master tinubu doesnt dream this way .
12 govs ko,37 ni
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nightshift(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2013
Those that know the history of the state understand that it's a state build on what i call Onohism. It means one Wawaland for all, where anything political from outside is viewed with deep scepticism and suspicion. There are few political savvy people in Igboland than Enugu people. Enugu people prefer leading than being led, especially by an outside political block. One must not be shocked if Enugu state remains the only state in Igboland that will not succumb to a new monied political party. Even PDP in Enugu is structurally different from the one in Abia or Eboyi states.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Akpan107(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2013
Maybe is Enugu road in Kano State.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by whosefault(f): 5:12pm On May 01, 2013
which
Enugu

is

this

person

talking

about....................................................................................................................
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Ifeanyi2D: 5:13pm On May 01, 2013
So if PDP members don't decamp to ur party u won't win election. And u keep on telling us how the party has turned the nation into crisis.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2013
Which Enugu bikonu? Enugu is the last state that will do such. We're not known for politics of desperation. The governors we have produced since 1999 who are two in number have not done badly, so i don't know the basis of which these legislators will decamp.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 01, 2013
Ebeano, Enugu is working. To God Be the Glory!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by tarryT(m): 5:28pm On May 01, 2013
In another news.... GEJ have decamped from PDP to APC...

I hope this will make turn him into Saint Jonathan and no longer the head of the "killer" party.

Profesional hypocrites callin theirselfs progresives..

I laugh in kovoki..
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by Abagworo(m): 5:38pm On May 01, 2013
A pattern is gradually being portrayed and I pray the few good PDP governors will end up joining APC. Amaechi and Chime. That would be good.
Re: Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC by miqos02(m): 5:39pm On May 01, 2013
why do you need people from other parties before you can win elections, it means you are not different from them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari will not force Ministers, aides to take pay cut –Presidency / Oshiomole Casting His Vote - Picture / Nigeria To Train Astronauts For Space Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.