Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years (17837 Views)

Bukola Saraki And 83 Inmates Are Running The Asylum By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Six Countries Reject Alison-Madueke’s Asylum Request - Sahara Reporters / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nobleval: And I guess your fvcking US love "justice" huh?
Ehen? Oya give valid examples to support ur claim.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
mazeltov: obviously u are the one dat needs it most!!! i am neither supporting russia nor america so dnt let the love dat u av for either of those two countries hoodwink ur sense of reasoning!!! i am just trying to bewray nada bt fact!! Number 1,why did he run away before/after he was decleared wanted? Number 2, knowing fully well dat russia is nt a pot where america can just stretch their hands and pick their desirable meat of their choice,why did he run to russia?? Number 3, sometimes russia use to act as if they can do and undo(including america) which they av done again,so must they extend his asylum?? even if america is stupid why cnt russia act as a big brother rather than doing some stupid things that make other countries to be browned off!!!!!
back off please! You are just ranting! Hand him over to the USA YOU MEAN?
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by manny4life(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:

Look bro you're a walking zombie, brainwashed beyond remedy. I'm really sorry for you because it seems you've pledged a lifetime of slavery to the west (I've observed your comments for a long time). Is that white man in your profile, your slave master?

Anyway you should find out how much worth of agricultural produce Russia imports from the EU and US before talking nonsense. Find out the negative effects it will have on European agriculture (especially that of puppets countries like Poland) and the positive effects it will have on Russia's domestic agriculture.

Besides, this is the first batch of sanctions, a ban on all EU and US flights crossing Russian airspace is already being contemplated. Surely I don't need to start spelling out to you what that means.

Russia will suffer, and so will the EU and US

Although really bad, according to the Foreign Trade Bureau, U.S. Imports more from Russia than it exports, when the U.S. bans most of their goods like they did to China, which hurt China's economy for a minute, in commerce, a buyer has the upper hand than the seller. Need I forget that looking at the data from the Bureau, there's been a DRASTIC SHARP DECLINE in deficit of both countries. I don't think the U.S. will feel the pain compared when U.S. fires back at them.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
kernel504: Russia should take a leap from China, strengthen your economy first.Fighting EU and America at the same is hurting her GDP.
There is time for everything, look at it now, China is now the biggest economy in the whole world,once there military measures up with that of America,they will eventually become world power.
China is far from being the biggest economy. You could say they are second biggest.

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by kernel504(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lots of countries are busy building there economy, with less attention to global politics,example Germany.
Today, they are the 3rd biggest economy.
Secondly, the EU and America will blackmail Russian till her economy goes into recession.
Putin improve the life of your citizenry 1st.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by iiichidodo: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Richy4:

Have you ever been furious when someone eavesdrop on you?

So you are saying that it is just wonderful and lovely for a nation to secretly monitor other nations abi? haba mallam!!!!
Espionage is a vital leverage in diplomacy..Why the hypocrisy?? Russia has agents undermining the very intergrity of Ukraine as a country with resultant loss of lives álà MH-17,China is neck deep into Mongolia,Taiwan,Tibet even the whole of South East Asia...America has become the scape goat in an activity most top nations of the world are actively involved as we speak and will 'delete' via hard Prison labour in Siberia or face the walls of Lubyanka [KGB term for execution]any home agents who put that businness at risk álà Snowden??....Very nice.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by mcbk2: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
The enemy of my enemy ----- is my friend !
America isn't what you think it is!
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by chidakudz: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Here's the link to your #ShakeBody video on Skales' YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y24z6ChgYQ

We would be counting the views through this link only, so star
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by kernel504(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
maryjames9: China is far from being the biggest economy. You could say they are second biggest.

@Maryjames9
Am not talking about GDP per person,but rather... Total GDP.
But then, America is still far better than China,when you compare GDP per person.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Symphony007: U.s and EU sanctions have driven the russian rubble to it's lowest in history, their economy is in free fall, banks are contracting, no travel list is growing,etc...and russia responds by banning imports of fish, meat and milk from the U.S. What a pathetic country. Ant thinking it's a dinosaur.

but america can invade iraq and afhang and you guys dont see anything ad about it abi......

Russia is a world power and America (USA) cant do shit about it.... they dont need the american dollar to survive and please stop listening to news from western backed government.

2 Likes

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by PassingShot(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
iiichidodo: If it prevents scenarios like the 9/11 attacks,who's to complain?? Its not as if the intellgience gathered will naturally be used as somebody's home decoré or sold to the Yakuzâ,innit?

No reasons wiil justify indiscriminate tapping of phones of people who are not suspected of any wrongdoing; including some presidents.

If there were good grounds for what they did, they would have stuck to it even after the Snowden's leak.

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by manny4life(m): 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
kernel504:

@Maryjames9
Am not talking about GDP per person,but rather... Total GDP.
But then, if then America is still far better than China,when you compare GDP per person.

China is not the biggest country by GDP, America still holds that title. Forecast predicts that China will take over by 2025, i.e. at the slow pace of the U.S. and if China continues her steady growth. Seeing the world destabilization, do you think that's possible?
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
kernel504: Lots of countries are busy building there economy, with less attention to global politics,example Germany.
Today, they are the 3rd biggest economy.
Secondly, the EU and America will blackmail Russian till her economy goes into recession.
Putin improve the life of your citizenry 1st.

and thats what Putin is doing..... damning the stupid rules set by the stupid world powers...... america is no saint.... so they should back off.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Symphony007: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:

Look bro you're a walking zombie, brainwashed beyond remedy. I'm really sorry for you because it seems you've pledged a lifetime of slavery to the west (I've observed your comments for a long time). Is that white man in your profile, your slave master?

Anyway you should find out how much worth of agricultural produce Russia imports from the EU and US before talking nonsense. Find out the negative effects it will have on European agriculture (especially that of puppets countries like Poland) and the positive effects it will have on Russia's domestic agriculture.

Besides, this is the first batch of sanctions, a ban on all EU and US flights crossing Russian airspace is already being contemplated. Surely I don't need to start spelling out to you what that means.

Russia will suffer, and so will the EU and US
why would a grown up with presumably a brain see the need to rain insults on someone just to make a point. It's utterly sad and pathetic.

Leaving that aside. The u.s will not suffer an inch by russia banning it's agric export. Agriculture one of the least contributors to the u.s economy. The people it would have hurt is the EU but there is always new markets to channel their products. If russia dares banning flights, it will affect them more as airlines will find new routes passed russia but in retaliation, the city of london will freeze all russian investments of which a majority belongs to putin and his oligarch friends. Russia will loose big time if it exastubates this crisis. SIMPLE! I don't need to a a lover of the west to disapprove of a rouge, undemocratic nation.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Symphony007: why would a grown up with presumably a brain see the need to rain insults on someone just to make a point. It's utterly sad and pathetic.

Leaving that aside. The u.s will not suffer an inch by russia banning it's agric export. Agriculture one of the least contributors to the u.s economy. The people it would have hurt is the EU but there is always new markets to channel their products. If russia dares banning flights, it will affect them more as airlines will find new routes passed russia but in retaliation, the city of london will freeze all russian investments of which a majority belongs to putin and his oligarch friends. Russia will loose big time if it exastubates this crisis. SIMPLE! I don't need to a a lover of the west to disapprove of a rouge, undemocratic nation.

and which alternative routes will the airline take.... with regards to investment... do you think the us and eu dont have investment in russia?

both parties will suffer... but the funny thing is this 3rd world countries will be the playing fields for these world powers...

us and eu are just barking.... they cant bite and will never bite russia.....
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by kernel504(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
hansibone:

and thats what Putin is doing..... damning the stupid rules set by the stupid world powers...... america is no saint.... so they should back off.

Am not saying America is an angel, but then Russia is losing the fight, because the sanctions are crippling her economy, EU is Russia biggest market.
How do you claim victory, when your own children are crying of hunger?
I read direct Russian news very often.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by iiichidodo: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
PassingShot:

No reasons wiil justify indiscriminate tapping of phones of people who are not suspected of any wrongdoing; including some presidents.

If there were good grounds for what they did, they would have stuck to it even after the Snowden's leak.
And what make you think they've stopped?? The trechorous activities of a snitch isn't enough to stop American espionage,ofcourse when most Nations are deeply into it never mind the mention of having a fighting chance or capability to save and protect american interests......Lives and Properties.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Symphony007: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
hansibone:

and which alternative routes will the airline take.... with regards to investment... do you think the us and eu dont have investment in russia?

both parties will suffer... but the funny thing is this 3rd world countries will be the playing fields for these world powers...

us and eu are just barking.... they cant bite and will never bite russia.....
last I checked russia is bordered to the east by the pacific, the south by china, mongolia, kazastan,etc there is ample flight part. U.S investment in russia is insignificant compared to the billions of stolen dollars russian oligarchs starch in u.s and EU banks. In a few hours all those accounts can be frozen, all the houses, malls, etc russiand own in london, new york, paris, etc as a store of value, all the defence contracts russia has with france and the u.k. You don't know what is at stake so why are you debating me? If russsia cuts gas to europe, europe seek alternative, though it won't be enough, they will survive afterall european cities use nuclear power to generate electricity meanwhile russia whoes income is 90% depended on energy will go broke and the people will take to the streets.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by 50calibre(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
manny4life:

Although really bad, according to the Foreign Trade Bureau, U.S. Imports more from Russia than it exports, when the U.S. bans most of their goods like they did to China, which hurt China's economy for a minute, in commerce, a buyer has the upper hand than the seller. Need I forget that looking at the data from the Bureau, there's been a DRASTIC SHARP DECLINE in deficit of both countries. I don't think the U.S. will feel the pain compared when U.S. fires back at them.

Of course it will hurt Russia more at the moment but it will be wrong to suggest the US and especially the EU will be unscathed. The US may not directly feel much pain but due to the interdependence between the US and the EU (who will bear the higher brunt of Russian sanctions) they will feel some hurt by extension.

Hardship is not a new thing to Russia, they won't mind hurting their economy provided it hurts the US and the EU. A buyer has an upper hand over the seller, till there is another buyer. US sanctions will only push Russia to forge greater ties with BRICS nations and all other nations (the world isn't made up of just US and EU) which on the long run will reduce global dependence on US and it's currency.

Russia is rich in energy resources, energy is an essential commodity, so Russia will always have leverage.

4 Likes

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
kernel504:

Am not saying America is an angel, but then Russia is losing the fight, because the sanctions are crippling her economy, EU is Russia biggest market.
How do you claim victory, when your own children are crying of hunger?
I read direct Russian news very often.

and who told you the children of russia are crying..... ?

this is not the first time eu and us are placing sanction on russia, remember when snowden landed in russia and they did not hand him over to the us? the us and eu dropped some silly sanctions on russia which by themselves the lifted the sanctions...

we need to understand world power politics here... eu and us cant do a gaddamn thing to russia.... they both have trade secrets of their selves in their pockets....
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by DukeNija(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Idrismusty97: Ehya...Sorry yanks. Them don see who pass their power! cheesy. The best America can do now is more childish sanctions. Hoping to see John Kerry ranting on TV and then quietly crawl back to his enclave without achieving anything cheesy.

Lol @ your ignorance. Russia Vs America? You've got to be kidding me right? America single handedly summoned the E.U and staked them against Russia. Russia has a failing Economy and the same sanctions you call childish will cripple their economy. Already, Putin is feeling the heat from Russians due to financial and economic restrictions. Snowden knows better than to travel out of Russia, and America doesn't care if he rots in Moscow!

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by 50calibre(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
Symphony007: why would a grown up with presumably a brain see the need to rain insults on someone just to make a point. It's utterly sad and pathetic.

Look, the game here is; if I can't hurt you directly, I will hurt your allies and by doing so you will feel it (economies are connected) the EU will suffer more than the US, they know this but were bullied into supporting the sanctions.

You say it as if London freezing Russian assets is just a walk in the park, lol do you know the impact such actions will have on the city of London? Do you know how much worth of British & EU assets are in Russia?

The cost of Russia banning US and EU flights will be so monumental on airlines, it will shoot up air fares for the average traveller. Russia occupies a huge land mass that most flights between Europe and America can't avoid it.

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
Symphony007: last I checked russia is bordered to the east by the pacific, the south by china, mongolia, kazastan,etc there is ample flight part. U.S investment in russia is insignificant compared to the billions of stolen dollars russian oligarchs starch in u.s and EU banks. In a few hours all those accounts can be frozen, all the houses, malls, etc russiand own in london, new york, paris, etc as a store of value, all the defence contracts russia has with france and the u.k. You don't know what is at stake so why are you debating me? If russsia cuts gas to europe, europe seek alternative, though it won't be enough, they will survive afterall european cities use nuclear power to generate electricity meanwhile russia whoes income is 90% depended on energy will go broke and the people will take to the streets.

you fail to understand that the countries you mentioned are not in the eu nor did they place sanctions on russia... if the eu or the us freezes the assets of russians abroad.... brotherly...... the eu will suffer most and beg the world to lift the sanctions....

more over russia has other sources of income... lets not go there and remember the market in question are 3rd world countries....
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by bwideity: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
most of you guys don't know sh1t, if North Korea and Iran can survive till date, then have it in mind that Russia will survive , also do not forget that average Russian are suborn they are ready to endure the hardship to see EU on their kneel than to betray their country, how many KGB agent now living in USA because they betray their country, just like snowden? final, stop watching ccn , bbc, sky-news and all other western control channel only. try to watch RT and other good station from other part of the world before you make a conclusion.

Western will never admit or ready to accept Russia has a good country.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by manny4life(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:

Of course it will hurt Russia more at the moment but it will be wrong to suggest the US and especially the EU will be unscathed. The US may not directly feel much pain but due to the interdependence between the US and the EU (who will bear the higher brunt of Russian sanctions) they will feel some hurt by extension.

Hardship is not a new thing to Russia, they won't mind hurting their economy provided it hurts the US and the EU. A buyer has an upper hand over the seller, till there is another buyer. US sanctions will only push Russia to forge greater ties with BRICS nations and all other nations (the world isn't made up of just US and EU) which on the long run will reduce global dependence on US and it's currency.

Russia is rich in energy resources, energy is an essential commodity, so Russia will always have leverage.

Did you say at the moment? If Russia doesn't evaluate this crisis, it will hurt her in the long run and will leave scars on her economy for a long time to come. The leverage is gas that Russia exports to the EU, but I am sure that the EU weighed in on that thoroughly before emerging with sanctions. After the 2009 crisis/blackout, US/EU learned a great deal, something Russia failed to see, these nations have perfected plans to a degree to buffer the effect of gas shortage. For instance, Germany is the LARGEST purchaser of oil and gas, did you know that under Angela Merkel, Germany is gradually and heavily investing into renewable sources of energy? According to a report I read, by 2016, about 40% of Germany's energy will be renewable.... If this is the case, where is the leverage of energy?

According to June 2014, Germany generate 74% of energy by renewable sources http://ecowatch.com/2014/05/14/germany-record-setting-renewables/ Don't know how true 74% is

You speak of the BRICS nations, did you forget quickly that Europe is South Africa's largest exporter of their product which is natural diamonds? How about China, a few ban on few of their products caused a stir on their economy that they had to look inward to help their economy. China isn't growing like the way it did 5 years ago. Brazil and the U.S. have a trade agreement in which Brazil benefits more than the U.S. does, how much business will Russia give to them, and at what price, when compared to their neighbor? As a matter of fact, the BRICS nations have slow growth at the moment, that's why we MINT nations.

Energy is an essential commodity, questions is AT WHAT RATE? The world is looking for greener energy, trying to reduce pollution in the environment. Everyday, you have some nation discovering oil or gas or one thing or the other. Time is coming when oil and gas suppliers will beg to sell their product.

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by hansibone(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
50calibre:

you just said it bro

1 Like

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by 573V31D(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Russia intimidating america since 1414...
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by willorie(f): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
iiichidodo: Russia is denyin Justice to the American Government...Snowden deserves jail time.

Gbam!
Indeed, Snowden deserves a jail term
But this Vladimir Putin is really becoming a thorn in the flesh earnestly

He's just seeking for war that US will not grant him cus of his innocent citizens
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by PassingShot(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
iiichidodo: And what make you think they've stopped?? The trechorous activities of a snitch isn't enough to stop American espionage,ofcourse when most Nations are deeply into it never mind the mention of having a fighting chance or capability to save and protect american interests......Lives and Properties.

Well Obama was reported to have directed that the program be stopped.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by Missy89(f): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
what if Russia blocks the corridor it granted the US to feed and supply troops in Afghanistan
what if Russia refuse to corporate with sanctioning Iran
what is Russia derail the Nuclear talks

the more the sanctions bit, everyone looses at the end. it would be naive to say that one country will loose and another wont.

Sanctions is a 2 way street. Lithuania and Poland are already complaining as well.

Russia just signed a 5 year deal with Iran to ease sanctions and have increased food imports from Turkey to compensate what they would be loosing from European markets. no one would win a sanction war, everyone has aces up their sleeves.
Sanctions only work on African countries like Zimbabwe

10 Likes

Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by fr3do(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
iiichidodo: If it prevents scenarios like the 9/11 attacks,who's to complain?? Its not as if the intellgience gathered will naturally be used as somebody's home decoré or sold to the Yakuzâ,innit?

Its not all about the safety of lives and property
They also spied on economic secrets of other countries to the advantage of their economy.
Re: US Whistleblower : Russia Extends Edward Snowden's Asylum By 3 Years by vislabraye(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
kernel504: Russia should take a leap from China, strengthen your economy first.Fighting EU and America at the same is hurting her GDP.
There is time for everything, look at it now, China is now the biggest economy in the whole world,once there military measures up with that of America,they will eventually become world power.
The media is trying to make Putin look like a bad guy. If you really hear Russia's POV, you'll have a change of mind.
US and Russia has always been at loggerhead especially the period USA was trying to invade Syria and wanted RUssia's Support.
This bone of contention is Ukraine and to make matters worse, USA is already taking sides with Ukraine
u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Meets French Presidential Envoy As Nigeria Prepares For Return / #whattodobefore8pm Now Trending On Twitter / Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.