Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:47 AM

Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? (778 Views)

Ebola: Why Patrick Sawyer Travelled To Nigeria – Wife / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola / Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by room089: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Now we are contending with the Ebola virus in Nigeria. It is reported that the virus came into Nigeria through one Patrick Sawyer, a Liberian. Since the out break of the virus, two known cases of death have been confirmed in Nigeria, they are Mr Sawyer and the nurse who treated him.

Patrick Sawyer travelled to Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, for a meeting of west African officials. Visibly sick upon arrival at the international airport in Lagos, officials said he was immediately transferred to the First Consultants hospital in the up market Ikoyi neighbourhood.
He died in quarantine on July 25 and the hospital has since been closed.

My question is, will the death of Mr Patrick Sawyer sever the relative peace and mutual understanding existing between Nigeria and its sister country, Liberia?
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
No
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by Caseless: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
As a matter of fact , it should taint our r/ship with liberia. Having helped them to restore peace, this is how they decided to pay us back. I blame the gov't of liberia in dis case. The authority in liberia did very little to save us this mess. Why was there no arrangement in place to test pple travelling out of liberia to other countries despite d knowledge of d outbreak of d disease. If they had done this, i'm sure that hag, patrick sawyer cud not have come into nigeria.
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by room089: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2014
@ Caseless

My guy I see sense in what you said especially now that it has been revealed that late Mr Sawyer knew that he had contracted the Ebola virus back in Liberia but escaped being quarantined and ran to Nigeria.

Is that not wickedness?
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by emekakelvin(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2014
caseless: As a matter of fact , it should taint our r/ship with liberia. Having helped them to restore peace, this is how they decided to pay us back. I blame the gov't of liberia in dis case. The authority in liberia did very little to save us this mess. Why was there no arrangement in place to test pple travelling out of liberia to other countries despite d knowledge of d outbreak of d disease. If they had done this, i'm sure that hag, patrick sawyer cud not have come into nigeria.
hag?
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by Caseless: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
room089: @ Caseless

My guy I see sense in what you said especially now that it has been revealed that late Mr Sawyer knew that he had contracted the Ebola virus back in Liberia but escaped being quarantined and ran to Nigeria.

Is that not wickedness?
i blame liberian gov't; it was planned cos they knw with nigeria involved in d case, it wil carry more weight.
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by Caseless: 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
emekakelvin: hag?
d guy na winsh(witch) nau. He wan kil everybody.
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by feedthenation(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
There's no need to blame the Liberians.

Nigeria should have been more proactive by keeping its borders safe from the onset when the epidemic started way back in February.

If the necessary precautions are there, Mr Sawyer would not have come into the country.
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by emekakelvin(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
caseless: d guy na winsh(witch) nau. He wan kil everybody.
lol.....hag na 4 female jor
Re: Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia? by tpia1: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
If boko haram and worse things did not sever nigeria's relationship with anybody, why should this?

Was he not invited to nigeria by his friends?

(1) (Reply)

APC Spokesman Lai Mohammed Arrested / American Ebola Victim Dr. Kent Brantly Speaks Out: 'I Am Growing Stronger Every / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.