Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore (82952 Views)

Fayose's Tweet On Rivers Rerun Election / How I Ended Maitatsine Crisis, By Buhari / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
I decided to share this interesting piece by Omoyele Sowore of Sahara Reporter which he posted on his facebook page.He posted the text and explain the meaning of Patrick Obahiagbon Igodomigodo's discussion while appearing on the Saturday Sunrise daily @ Channel TV. Enjoy -

An Attempt at Making Sense of Igodomigodo's Verbal Acrobatics. The Lingual Contortionist was quoted recently, in reference to the Cross River State Crisis:

“Let me say as quickly as possible, the political “crinkum crankum”, if you like, the political “higi haga” that has enveloped the politics of Rivers State for a period of time now has all the trappings of an odoriferous saga cum ‘’gargantua gaga," and I am bewildered that this situation is of no serious concern to the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria…It is very crystal clear like the biblical ‘teke teke menoyafasin.’ It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind...If you look at the totality of the crisis in Rivers State just now, it leaves me with two conclusions that 2015 is inherently laden with a political and democratic ‘Thalidomide.’ Two, some social scientists like myself have gone to town for donkey’s years, saying that what we have is not democracy but civilian rule. But with recent events, I say no. Nigeria is neither witnessing civilian rule nor democracy but what we have at best is a form of government I call ‘kakitomoboplutocracy’ and that is bad for us as a nation...As far as I am concerned, I can see the ship of the Nigerian state hovering around the political Bermuda Triangle, and if we do not take urgent and responsible steps… My critical history and historiography of the study shows that the war of attrition in Rivers State did not commence with the Obio/Okpor political tendency. It commenced, strictly speaking, from the suspicion that Governor Rotimi Amaechi nurses an ambition for the Vice- Presidency of this country.’’ ~ Patrick Obahiagbon.

1. Crinkum crankum: Something full of twists and turns; A thing fancifully or excessively intricate and elaborate.

2. Higi haga: (Synonym of above?)

3. Odoriferous: Giving off a strong and offensive odour; Morally offensive.

4. Gargantua gaga: Huge, widespread madness; Celebration of insanity? Was Obahiagbon referring to the 16th Century novels written by the French author, François Rabelais, based on The Life of Gargantua and of Pantagruel, the story of two giants, a father, Gargantua, and his son Pantagruel, and their adventures, written in an amusing, extravagant, satirical vein?

5. Teke teke: Was he making reference here to the 2009 Japanese horror film, titled "Teketeke" directed by Kôji Shiraishi and based on urban legend? (I confuse!!!)

6. Menoyafasin: !!!#%@?Help needed!!!

7. Thalidomide: An anti-nausea and sedative drug that was introduced in the late 1950's to be used as a sleeping pill, and was quickly discovered to help pregnant women with the effects of morning sickness. It was sold from 1957 until 1962, when it was withdrawn after being found to be a teratogen, which caused many different forms of birth defects, including still- born babies.

8. Kakitomoboplutocracy: A Kakistocracy is defined as a government by the worst. A Mobocracy is a government by mobs or crowds, while a Plutocracy is either - 1. The rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy. 2. A government or state in which the wealthy class rules, or 3. A class or group ruling, or exercising power or influence, by virtue of its wealth. A 'Kakitomoboplutocracy' would therefore imply a merger of all three forms of government, as possible only in the "Igodomigodo" lexicon!

9. Historiography: The writing of history, especially based on the critical examination of sources, the selection of particular details from the authentic materials of those sources, and the synthesis of those details into a narrative that stands the test of critical examination; The term also refers to the theory and history of historical writing.

When we cry, we must also find time to laugh!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
The Video in case you didnt see it.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1bt-GyxiYI#at=125
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
truth be told this guy is learned but unfortunately I'm the first to...

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by UyiIredia(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for the info. His term kakitomoboplutocracy got me laughing. I wonder how the anchors kept a straight face through the whole thing.

5 Likes

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by MafiaMan: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na war ooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yungwizzzy: truth be told this guy is learned but unfortunately I'm the first to...

Yes Boss...He is truly learned...
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Thanks for the info. His term kakitomoboplutocracy got me laughing. I wonder how the anchors kept a straight face through the whole thing.

You welcome grin you cant help but love him
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by bobo09: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
Jesus the Son of God, ONLY you can saaaaaaaaaaaaaave me

2 Likes

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Yinkatu: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
ceah: I decided to share this interesting piece by Omoyele Sowore of Sahara Reporter which he posted on his facebook page.He posted the text and explain the meaning of Patrick Obahiagbon Igodomigodo's discussion while appearing on the Saturday Sunrise daily @ Channel TV. Enjoy -

An Attempt at Making Sense of Igodomigodo's Verbal Acrobatics. The Lingual Contortionist was quoted recently, in reference to the Cross River State Crisis:

“Let me say as quickly as possible, the political “crinkum crankum”, if you like, the political “higi haga” that has enveloped the politics of Rivers State for a period of time now has all the trappings of an odoriferous saga cum ‘’gargantua gaga," and I am bewildered that this situation is of no serious concern to the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria…It is very crystal clear like the biblical ‘teke teke menoyafasin.’ It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind...If you look at the totality of the crisis in Rivers State just now, it leaves me with two conclusions that 2015 is inherently laden with a political and democratic ‘Thalidomide.’ Two, some social scientists like myself have gone to town for donkey’s years, saying that what we have is not democracy but civilian rule. But with recent events, I say no. Nigeria is neither witnessing civilian rule nor democracy but what we have at best is a form of government I call ‘kakitomoboplutocracy’ and that is bad for us as a nation...As far as I am concerned, I can see the ship of the Nigerian state hovering around the political Bermuda Triangle, and if we do not take urgent and responsible steps… My critical history and historiography of the study shows that the war of attrition in Rivers State did not commence with the Obio/Okpor political tendency. It commenced, strictly speaking, from the suspicion that Governor Rotimi Amaechi nurses an ambition for the Vice- Presidency of this country.’’ ~ Patrick Obahiagbon.

1. Crinkum crankum: Something full of twists and turns; A thing fancifully or excessively intricate and elaborate.

2. Higi haga: (Synonym of above?)

3. Odoriferous: Giving off a strong and offensive odour; Morally offensive.

4. Gargantua gaga: Huge, widespread madness; Celebration of insanity? Was Obahiagbon referring to the 16th Century novels written by the French author, François Rabelais, based on The Life of Gargantua and of Pantagruel, the story of two giants, a father, Gargantua, and his son Pantagruel, and their adventures, written in an amusing, extravagant, satirical vein?

5. Teke teke: Was he making reference here to the 2009 Japanese horror film, titled "Teketeke" directed by Kôji Shiraishi and based on urban legend? (I confuse!!!)

7. Thalidomide: An anti-nausea and sedative drug that was introduced in the late 1950's to be used as a sleeping pill, and was quickly discovered to help pregnant women with the effects of morning sickness. It was sold from 1957 until 1962, when it was withdrawn after being found to be a teratogen, which caused many different forms of birth defects, including still- born babies.

8. Kakitomoboplutocracy: A Kakistocracy is defined as a government by the worst. A Mobocracy is a government by mobs or crowds, while a Plutocracy is either - 1. The rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy. 2. A government or state in which the wealthy class rules, or 3. A class or group ruling, or exercising power or influence, by virtue of its wealth. A 'Kakitomoboplutocracy' would therefore imply a merger of all three forms of government, as possible only in the "Igodomigodo" lexicon!

9. Historiography: The writing of history, especially based on the critical examination of sources, the selection of particular details from the authentic materials of those sources, and the synthesis of those details into a narrative that stands the test of critical examination; The term also refers to the theory and history of historical writing.

When we cry, we must also find time to laugh!
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by StellaBella(f): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Operation straight faces.

3 Likes

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Yinkatu: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Obahiagbon is very vast, knowledgeable and sensible contrary to some people's opinion. He was educated when the country could boast of quality education. Evident in his rich use of English, Spanish, French cum Portuguese.His idiomatic expressions were outstanding.
Teke Teke Meyo..........is biblical as he said. A hand was seen writing that on the wall. In this context it simply means the hand writing is on the wall and everybody can see it.......to Sowere thumb up!
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
amazed at the works of literature

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yinkatu: Obahiagbon is very vast, knowledgeable and sensible contrary to some people's opinion. He was educated when the country could boast of quality education. Evident in his rich use of English, Spanish, French cum Portuguese.His idiomatic expressions were outstanding.
Teke Teke Meyo..........is biblical as he said. A hand was seen writing that on the wall. In this context it simply means the hand writing is on the wall and everybody can see it.......to Sowere thumb up!

Yeah! really with Sowore's explanation it tells you Obahiagbon is not just vast but a genius cos he doesnt think before using this figures of speech and mixture of words from different languages. The beautiful thing is that he use them mostly in the right context... smiley
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by silica(m): 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
ceah:

this is a reference to the Bible book of Daniel in which a writing on the wall declared the end of the reign of the king. "mene mene tekeyofasin"
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by daroz(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na wa o, so no be gabage d man dey speak as some pple dey think? This man is a genius
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
daroz: Na wa o, so no be gabage d man dey speak as some pple dey think? This man is a genius

Ofcourse he knows what he's saying. Though out of context sometimes but most time in line... grin
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by fr3do(m): 12:31am On Jul 31, 2013
No communication
He has forgotten the very true essence of language.

5 Likes

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by 3ace(m): 4:12am On Jul 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Thanks for the info. His term kakitomoboplutocracy got me laughing. I wonder how the anchors kept a straight face through the whole thing.
Of course, as TV presenters they wouldn't want to appear dazzled by his display of knowledge. The opposite of Mr Obafaiye a.k.a oga@d top is Honourable Patrick a.k.a kakitomoboplutocracy. Then OP, thank you o.You try small.
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2013
fr3do: No communication
He has forgotten the very true essence of language.

Just confess you dont understand him... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
3ace: Of course, as TV presenters they wouldn't want to appear dazzled by his display of knowledge. The opposite of Mr Obafaiye a.k.a oga@d top is Honourable Patrick a.k.a kakitomoboplutocracy. Then OP, thank you o.You try small.

Thumbs Up bro
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by africanboy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Its actually the Biblical Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin (The writing on the wall)

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by 1forall: 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
The look on the guy in brown's face: Priceless! grin

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Austeenxx: 2:43am On Aug 01, 2013
god of Lagos! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Ade5(m): 2:51am On Aug 01, 2013
Lmaooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2013
Austeenxx: god of Lagos! shocked shocked

who is that ? grin grin grin

Obahiagbon or who ?

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by richardbry: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2013
"Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin"..... The biblical Daniel translated these writings on the wall. It is not Teke Teke please
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by ceah(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
richardbry: "Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin"..... The biblical Daniel translated these writings on the wall. It is not Teke Teke please

bro. i know that. the translation above is that of sowore ....owner of Sahara reporters
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by beckyobvious: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yeaah this is what channels interviewer deserves shey they we're mocking ”my oga at the top” now God has sent them their match nonsense.rid on patrick one luv

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by adenlemmanuel: 4:24am On Aug 03, 2013
uhm!, MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN...a fate clearly written
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Kgdavid(m): 6:22am On Aug 03, 2013
richardbry: "Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin"..... The biblical Daniel translated these writings on the wall. It is not Teke Teke please

it was honorable P.O who made the mistake. anyhow in this context it means "the writing is on the wall"
Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Schonebaby: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
Whatdyou expect from someone bearing Obahiagbon Igodomo.... Abeg make I go check d spelling again shocked

1 Like

Re: Text And Meaning Of Patrick Obahiagbon's Discussion On Rivers Crisis - By Sowore by Despicableme: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2013
My concern is why was he so focused on the camera than the presenters and other guests?. His body language was all about arrogance and self pride. Invariably he was not talking to or speaking for ordinary Nigerians which he claims to represent but to his fellow mobocrats, kakitocrats and plutocrats and may be is his own world planetocrats or perhaps villagecrats tongue.

Funny and pressure easing as it may seem. He should learn as much as possible to stay in line knowing he is a representative of a certain group of people and not make clown of them for voting him in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Asks INEC To Apologize, The Look On INEC Chairman Got Nigerians Talki / Albino Votes: Is This The Picture Of The Day From Osun Election? / Rhodes-Vivour, Labour Party Governorship Candidate Campaigns At Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.