Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic (59943 Views)

American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Dabbyfab: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Nigeria and other affected countries should come together to find a cure ASAP. Just heard on CNN that America is not ready to release the experimental serum cos is not just enough.I am sure they are saving the little they have for their citizens in case there is an outbreak in their country,I won't blame them though. Our govt are not proactive,are they waiting for things to get worse for them to put extra precautionary measures. Am so afraid cos to contain this Ebola in Nigeria,especially in Lagos will be difficult cos sorry to say our people lack basic hygiene.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
donpeey22: Salt water is a disinfectant much like detol. It's also cheaper and readily available. However, if you can afford detol or other synthetic disinfectants, that'd be better!
It has no cidal effect on ebola virus !
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2014
1Book:
Can mother Mary really help us
Sure she can and always does. Just call on her she will come to your assistance.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Olusanya333: Sorry for you, Mary couldn't know the time of her favour how is she going to help u. I tell u mary is resting in Heaven she knows nothing about what is happening in the world.Why not put ur hope in the King of Kings and Lord of all?
If you think the Blessed Mother doesn't know what is happening in the world you are mistaken. In Lk:15:7 how come there is joy in heaven over one repentant sinner? How does the saints in heaven know that a sinner has repented if there were no communion of saints?
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2014
casket:
It has no cidal effect on ebola virus !
Your source please! And though it might not have CIDAL effects, it could have INHIBITORY effects on the virus.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by jpphilips(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2014
san316: thank u mr enlightened. I guess i can learn a lot from you. But first, know that everything exists and is only discovered over time. So i know the virus has been there. But are you not curious that since 1976, over 20 yrs nw, d virus was nt such a plague until now? Why have we not heard of such massive deaths arising from the virus until recently? Knw that those scientists do research, just as they pick plants that could be useful to man and develop it, that's how they pick up such organisms and harness them for reasons best known to them. If ebola was actually a problem since 1976, then there wlda bin a vaccine already and media campaign wld av been more proactive since then.

There have been 21 outbreaks since then, you were prolly living in the village all these years, did your research miss that part too?
more so, geometric population explosion , communication and faster means of transport will make ours worse.
It is your fault you have not heard of other outbreaks, don't blame it on anyone

2 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by akpanikpe(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2014
My place of hustling be that na. Choi undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2014
donpeey22: Your source please! And though it might not have CIDAL effects, it could have INHIBITORY effects on the virus.
source ke ?
Let me educate you, your sweat has salt and water but it doesn't prevent ebola from thriving .
Infact one can be infected with sweat of acutely ill patient with ebola.
You don't need source for everything if your brain cells have not been replaced with pus cells !
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Olusanya333(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2014
CharlieMaria:
If you think the Blessed Mother doesn't know what is happening in the world you are mistaken. In Lk:15:7 how come there is joy in heaven over one repentant sinner? How does the saints in heaven know that a sinner has repented if there were no communion of saints?
read very well not saints but Angels. Even Mary can't understand Angels message.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by bintudon(f): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Disease like this doesn't last long, I pray for God protection and to order our step.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by chidakudz: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by nora544: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Benin has perhaps two people with Ebola in two different cities and they are waiting for the result.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Litmus: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nigerian being treated in Benin for Ebola
2014-08-07 20:55

Cotonou -A hospital in Benin Republic is treating a Nigerian man
suspected of having contracted Ebola and authorities have sent a
sample of his blood to Senegal for testing, Health Minister Dorothée
Gazard said on state television on Thursday.

The case is unconfirmed but Gazard's announcement triggered
widespread fears in the capital Cotonou. Many people said they
would stock up on food and stop eating at popular roadside food
stalls to avoid possible infection, witnesses said.

Yup, like i stated. Just as in the prostitution all over Europe, every tom Dick and Harry African, found with Ebola will declare that they're Nigerian. And eventually Nigeria and Ebola will be synonymous.

Wont be surprised if the person is Ghanian. I came across a debate once on a forum when Ghanians were cussing another Ghanian because this Ghanian they were cussing was "foolish not to hide his national identity" according to them.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
casket:
source ke ?
Let me educate you, your sweat has salt and water but it doesn't prevent ebola from thriving .
Infact one can be infected with sweat of acutely ill patient with ebola.
You don't need source for everything if your brain cells have not been replaced with pus cells !
concentration of NaCl in sweat is lower just like in normal saline except for those that consume salt excessively. Normal saline contains the normal concentration of salt that can even support life. This is why it is used in laboratory to preserve samples prior to culture,it does not destroy the microorganism being targeted. This is why ebola and other microorganisms that would not survive in a solution of higher salt concentration might survive in sweat. So, a bath with a solution of higher salt concentration than normal could possibly inhibit ebola from thriving, though like i said earlier, salt solution is not the best option where synthetic disinfectants like detol, izzal etc are available. You see, you should have educated yourself more before coming on here to expose your ignorance.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by nora544: 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Cotonou (AFP) - Benin said Thursday that it has placed two patients with Ebola-like symptoms in isolation and was waiting for test results to establish if the pair were infected with the deadly tropical disease.

Deputy chief of staff at the health ministry, Moufalilou Aboubakar, told journalists that the two patients were being treated as suspected cases of Ebola and that blood samples had been sent to foreign labs for conclusive results.

"We cannot say today that the virus is in Benin," Aboubakar told reporters. "The patients are in isolation and under observation pending the results of the ongoing tests."

If the patients are confirmed to have Ebola, Benin would become the fifth country in the region to be hit by the outbreak.

One patient was identified as a Nigerian man being treated at a hospital in the capital Porto-Novo.

The other is at hospital in the economic capital Cotonou.

http://news.yahoo.com/benin-waiting-test-results-two-possible-ebola-cases-220918393.html
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Olusanya333: read very well not saints but Angels. Even Mary can't understand Angels message.
Mary can't understand Angels message? Was it a demon that appeared to her in Lk1:28 abi Na you?
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by maafen: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
donpeey22: sodium chloride solution is effective for disinfection against not only bacteria, but also viruses and fungi. I'm a scientist so i know what I'm talking about.
I'm sure yόϋ mean sodium hypochlorite ãпԃ not sodium chloride check your facts well
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
maafen:
I'm sure yόϋ mean sodium hypochlorite ãпԃ not sodium chloride check your facts well
It's both NaCl and NaOCl, check again.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
donpeey22: concentration of NaCl in sweat is lower just like in normal saline except for those that consume salt excessively. Normal saline contains the normal concentration of salt that can even support life. This is why it is used in laboratory to preserve samples prior to culture,it does not destroy the microorganism being targeted. This is why ebola and other microorganisms that would not survive in a solution of higher salt concentration might survive in sweat. So, a bath with a solution of higher salt concentration than normal could possibly inhibit ebola from thriving, though like i said earlier, salt solution is not the best option where synthetic disinfectants like detol, izzal etc are available. You see, you should have educated yourself more before coming on here to expose your ignorance.
clap for yourself..
I gain nothing arguing with you on this your salt and water therapy, I wish you goodluck in this your 'laudable' therapy
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by bintudon(f): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mr and mrs right, look for solution instead of looking for mistake ur fellow nairalander made.no body is perfect, even u that don't have the Ebola is not perfect, just thank God.

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Olusanya333(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
CharlieMaria:
Mary can't understand Angels message? Was it a demon that appeared to her in Lk1:28 abi Na you?
The Angel appeared to her see dat 29. She doesn't understand what the angel was saying. "And Mary was disturbed about what the saying might mean"
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
casket:
clap for yourself..
I gain nothing arguing with you on this your salt and water therapy, I wish you goodluck in this your 'laudable' therapy
Mr, i never said that 'salt and water' is a therapy for ebola! I was only trying to explain that a salt solution could possibly serve as disinfectant against the virus especially where orthodox disinfectants are not available. Learn to be courteous while communicating with a stranger on social media and don't always assume that you're more educated than others. I'm done with you.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by mondi2: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Guys pls, any of ur babes bearing d name Bola, cut off ur relationship with her becos she can be transform 2 Ebola
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by lastpage: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
MKSON: Several years ago, Ebola virus erupted in Africa, killing thousands without restrain or cure. The medical world was perplexed. A great man of God by the name John G Lake came to the rescue. Laying hands on infected people who were not to be touched. The slightest contact with any secretion from an infected person is all it takes for transmission. B[b]ut with bare hands, cleaning secretion and curing every victim, John G Lake along with his Holy Ghost filled team, brought to an abrupt end the spread of the deadly virus. When asked by the medical world how he did it. He had this to say: I have the life of God in me, every virus that comes in contact with me dies. He asked them to get an innoculum from an infected person, observe same under a microscope to ascertain viral activities in it. They did and confirmed living and multiplying virus. He then asked them to put the innoculum on his palm and observe under the microscope. This time there were no more activities. ALL WERE DEAD upon contact with him.[/b] What a life! Every child of God has this life! He that has the Son has this life! That higher life that put out Ebola in the days of John G Lake will do the same through you in your day! At the Name of Jesus, Ebola will bow out! Stop the fear! Let this message of hope and faith go viral and the Ebola viral spread will stop! Don't disdain the ever living words of Jesus: And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my Name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing (Ebola virus included) it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hand on the sick (those already infected) and they shall recover - Mark 16:15-18.
John G Lake and team are long gone! But I am here, you are here! We can save our world!
We have the life of God in us!
Spread the faith!
Stop the fear!
Spread the life!
Stop the death!
Yes you can!
The world belongs to you!
Cause you belong to Jesus!
Halleluyah

As usual, you guys just RECYCLE STORIES ...... and expect everyone to swallow it, hook, line and sinker without providing A SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR STORY! shocked shocked

Since SCIENTISTS were involved in this your miraculous story, l am sure they are not DAFT not to DOCUMENT IT, r :oight?

Now, go back to where you brought this story from and DIG UP THE EVIDENCE FOR US TO "APPRECIATE". wink wink

NO EVIDENCE, ..... = ADONBILIVITT. Simple. smiley

Why is it that every so-called miracle performed by these MOG's NEVER have EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE?

Okay, no arguements, the opportunity is HERE NOW to REPEAT the Feat!
Oya, press "repeat button" make we see now. grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by nora544: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
lastpage:

As usual, you guys just RECYCLE STORIES ...... and expect everyone to swallow it, hook, line and sinker without providing A SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR STORY! shocked shocked

Since SCIENTISTS were involved in this your miraculous story, l am sure they are not DAFT not to DOCUMENT IT, r :oight?

Now, go back to where you brought this story from and DIG UP THE EVIDENCE FOR US TO "APPRECIATE". wink wink

NO EVIDENCE, ..... = ADONBILIVITT. Simple. smiley

Why is it that every so-called miracle performed by these MOG's NEVER have EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE?

This story comes from the pastor of the trinity church in Lagos and I saw it on his facebook and on the churchfacebook side. A friend write that he should stop it because it is a fake story.

Okay, no arguements, the opportunity is HERE NOW to REPEAT the Feat!
Oya, press "repeat button" make we see now. grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Olusanya333: The Angel appeared to her see dat 29. She doesn't understand what the angel was saying. "And Mary was disturbed about what the saying might mean"
How can you say she doesn't understand the angel and yet she said to him in Lk1:34 how can this be? Since I do not know man? If she never understood will she ever say as In Lk1:38 " Behold the hand maid of the Lord, be it done to me according to your WORD." Word!!! How can she say such if she doesn't understand the angel? Think man!!!!!!!
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Olusanya333: The Angel appeared to her see dat 29. She doesn't understand what the angel was saying. "And Mary was disturbed about what the saying might mean"
How can you say she doesn't understand the angel and yet she said to him in Lk1:34 how can this be? Since I do not know man? If she never understood will she ever say as In Lk1:38 " Behold the hand maid of the Lord, be it done to me according to your WORD." Word!!! How can she say such if she doesn't understand the angel? Think ma n!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Patient Has Gonorrhea In Her Eye (photos) / Can Hydrolic Synthetic Brake/clutch Fluid Cure Eczema / Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.