Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot (1272 Views)

Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Throwback Pics Of Abacha, MKO & Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by afroneww: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2014
On Thursday, the US Justice Department said that it has won legal control of nearly a half-billion dollars worth of corrupt gains hidden in banks by late Nigerian dictator Sani Abacha.
A court judgement on Wednesday gave the US title to more than $480million that Abacha and his associates embezzled and secured in accounts in Jersey, England, Ireland and France. READ MORE HERE... http://www.afro-gist.com/2014/08/us-wins-legal-control-of-abachas-half.html

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by pussygotlips: 9:04am On Aug 08, 2014
Na wao, how can you control something that does not belongs to you?

1 Like

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Lobolintin(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2014
That's the best.. The previous once was spent on what ?? But now.. We will see the output sooner than earlier

2 Likes

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Propaganda, when analysed usually makes no sense.

Abacha nver looted a kobo

thief Obasanjois without doubt the biggest looter in African if not World history.
pussygotlips: Na wao, how can you control something that does not belongs to you?
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Of course this is nonsense but it seems comply with the theory that Nigeria has been sold to the USA.

Our clueless president recently commented that £20billion missing form our treasury coffers belongs to the USA --WT.??
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by JEITO: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: Propaganda, when analysed usually makes no sense.

thief Obasanjois without doubt the biggest looter in African if not World history.
yes Abacha never stole a kobo; same way I have never typed a word on Nairaland before..

4 Likes

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
How feasible ?

U.S. court granting U.S. custody or title of another persons money located in England and Ireland..

They must have swallowed spirogyra..
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by pussygotlips: 9:27am On Aug 08, 2014

Like seriously,
U got me laughing hard
Abacha never looted a kobo indeed

3 Likes

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
I should modify my statement by saying Abacha has never been proven to have looted - the money labelled "Abacha Loot" was never proven to have been looted by Abacha
JEITO: yes Abacha never stole a kobo; same way I have never typed a word on Nairaland before..
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
And you have evidence? oh! you gonna say about the so called Abacha Loot supposedly returned to Nigeria (which incidently cannot be traced as ever being in our treasury coffers) right? Do you have evidence that they money was ever proven in court to have belonged to Abacha ?
pussygotlips:
Like seriously,
U got me laughing hard
Abacha never looted a kobo indeed
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by dexentity: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2014

You are really working hard at laundering the image of GMB and Abacha. So Abacha kept the money in those foreign banks for safe keeping. You should be given a pay raise because you are really trying.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
The so called "Abacha Loot" was never proven in court to have been looted by Abacha

the "Abacha Loot" supposedly returned to Nigeria has never been traced in our treasury coffers

The propaganda is to help deceive you and I into believing looting started and ended with Abacha

make una shine ur eyes well well
dexentity:

You are really working hard at laundering the image of GMB and Abacha. So Abacha kept the money in those foreign banks for safe keeping. You should be given a pay raise because you are really trying.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by dexentity: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: The so called "Abacha Loot" was never proven in court to have been looted by Abacha

the "Abacha Loot" supposedly returned to Nigeria has never been traced in our treasury coffers

The propaganda is to help deceive you and I into believing looting started and ended with Abacha

make una shine ur eyes well well

Looting never started or ended wit Abacha but are you saying foreign banks or countries are giving us aid under the guise of Abacha loots or what?
I understand that you are trying to launder the image of GMB and you feel the need to launder Abacha's image too because GMB worked under him as the head of PTF so carry go. Nothing do you.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by M0GIDI: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2014
So $480million is still left unclaimed considering the amount seized in the past.

This is the same man Buko hari leader Buhari said did not steal a kobo. Reason people believe Buhari is only an anti corruption zsar when the subject is of southern extraction.

1 Like

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
But they want us to believe looting started and ended with Abacha because they keeping highlighting a disputed half a billion from 16 years ago, whilst ignoring the whereabouts of $20 Billion recently confirmed missing.

and you think "Abacha loot" is not propaganda

Abacha was not a looter - check the economic performance and policies of his government and it would strike you that they are not those of a looter.
dexentity:

Looting never started or ended wit Abacha but are you saying foreign banks or countries are giving us aid under the guise of Abacha loots or what?
I understand that you are trying to launder the image of GMB and you feel the need to launder Abacha's image too because GMB worked under him as the head of PTF so carry go. Nothing do you.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by EMANY01(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: But they want us to believe looting started and ended with Abacha because they keeping highlighting a disputed half a billion from 16 years ago, whilst ignoring the whereabouts of $20 Billion recently confirmed missing.

Abacha was not a looter - check the economic performance and policies of his government and it would strike you that they are not those of a looter.

One word "Delusional".
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Na wa for US justice system o. how can they legally claim what was never even remotely connected to them? o?
Why is abacha loot always in hundreds of millions of dollars?
ayatollah Buhari claimed abacha was a saint and didnt steal even a kobo of nigerian money.

1 Like

Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
Because it is propaganda
careytommy: Why is abacha loot always
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 08, 2014
Who is delusional?
EMANY01:

One word "Delusional".
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by EMANY01(m): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: Who is delusional?

Go figure,ain't it obvious already?
Jakumo was right and I thought he was just being funny.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2014
To me, the only delusional people are those who do not recognise that they are victims of propaganda, since they cannot see they are being deluded into obsessing about a phantom half a billion from 16 years ago, whilst keeping silent on currently missing $20billion.

Abacha never looted - simple fact!
EMANY01:

Go figure,ain't it obvious already?
Jakumo was right and I thought he was just being funny.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by dexentity: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: But they want us to believe looting started and ended with Abacha because they keeping highlighting a disputed half a billion from 16 years ago, whilst ignoring the whereabouts of $20 Billion recently confirmed missing.

All I could remember from Abacha political and economic policies are fear and suffering. Most people could not even afford kerosene during his time.

And hey, I aint a fan of JEG, I just pray someone as bad and corrupt as him won't take over from him when he decides to leave
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Do you remember Abacha refused all IMF loans?

Do you think any self-respecting looter would ever turn down an IMF loan?
dexentity:

All I could remember from Abacha political and economic policies are fear and suffering. Most people could not even afford kerosene during his time.

And hey, I aint a fan of JEG, I just pray someone as bad and corrupt as him won't take over from him when he decides to leave
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by meforyou1(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2014

mad man speaking
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by dexentity: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: Do you remember Abacha refused all IMF loans?

Do you think any self-respecting looter would ever turn down an IMF loan?

Yeah, I do remember but is that the only source he can steal from. Everybody knows where he stole from.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Why would Abacha turned down all IMf loans offered to him.
just think about that!

Do you know he maintained the Naira at N22=$1

Do you know he left $9Bn more in our reserves than he met?
dexentity:

Yeah, I do remember but is that the only source he can steal from. Everybody knows where he stole from.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by dexentity: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: Why would Abacha turned down all IMf loans offered to him.
just think about that!

Do you know he maintained the Naira at N22=$1

Do you know he left $9Bn more in our reserves than he met?

That doesn't change the fact that he was a dictator and brought sorrow, tears and blood to the homes of a lot of people.

He stifled freedom of press, assassinated a lot of people. What was the use of foreign reserve when the people in the country were suffering.
The fear of Abacha was the beginning of wisdom then, can anybody dare abuse Abacha the way JEG is being abused today, u know the answer.

Abacha's despotic rule was a black spot in our history. He was not all bad though, infact nobody is all bad in this world. There are always times when bad people carry out act of goodness. But that doesn't make them good people.
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by JEITO: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2014
GenBuhari: I should modify my statement by saying Abacha has never been proven to have looted - the money labelled "Abacha Loot" was never proven to have been looted by Abacha
then why is it tagged 'Abacha's loot'. Abi is it a case of giving a dog a bad name so u can hang it?
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
That is the conspiracy/ propaganda.
It was labelled Abacha loot by the biggest looter and liar of all, Thief Obasanjo and the western press had conspired to spread the propaganda.
JEITO: then why is it tagged 'Abacha's loot'. Abi is it a case of giving a dog a bad name so u can hang it?
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
y'all are just going round in circles
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Never mind. I hope you recover very soon.
meforyou1: mad man speaking
Re: US Wins Legal Control Of Abacha’s Half-billion Dollars Loot by meforyou1(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
GenBuhari: Never mind. I hope you recover very soon.
this boko, don't quote me again

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photo Of Tinubu & Fashola So Exited Celebrating Apc’s Victory In Osun / 2015 Inec Time Table For Generalelection: / Ebonyi State Civil Service And Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.