Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) (88950 Views)

Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by back2sender: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
ethicalUser:
Etiosa LGA should be close by then if this is muri okunola
You know the hospital location. Kudos! Just by the side of etiosa LGA
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by 1stola: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
What is Ebola?
Ebola is a viral hemorrhagic fever and one of the deadliest diseases known to humanity. The Ebola virus disease is a viral hemorrhagic fever that was first discovered in Africa in the 1970s.
The current outbreak in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone is the largest in history and has sickened more than 1,700 people and killed more than 900 this year.
With a death rate of up to 90 percent, Ebola is described as "one of the world's deadliest diseases" by Doctors Without Borders (MSF).
Many of those infected with the virus quickly get flu-like symptoms such as fever, intense weakness, muscle pain, headache and sore throat. This is followed by vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, impaired kidney and liver function, and in some cases, both internal and external bleeding.
MSF says that the symptoms are non-specific, making the disease difficult to diagnose. The symptoms can appear from two to 21 days after exposure.
No vaccine
There is no vaccine or cure available for the disease. The most serious cases require intensive care and a drip to combat dehydration.
Ebola can be caught from both humans and animals. It spreads by direct contact with blood, body fluids or tissues of the infected.
Funeral rituals in which relatives and friends touch the body of the dead play an important role in transmission, as does handling dead or living animals carrying the virus.
In Africa, particular species of fruit bats are considered possible natural hosts for Ebola virus. Infected bats are thought to transmit the disease to humans, or indirectly through other animals which are hunted for their meat.
Ebola first appeared in 1976 in two simultaneous outbreaks, in Sudan and in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The DRC outbreak was near the Ebola River, from which the disease takes its name.
The disease has since killed more than 1,600 people in parts of Africa.
The outbreak that began in Guinea in early 2014 is the first among humans in West Africa. The virus strain detected is Zaire, the most virulent.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
spreed the news not the virus
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by back2sender: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nigerians should be grateful that there are some Nigerians working to limit the impact- the Ebola resource team in place , working we're others will not venture to. If you must know doctors n nurses are not volunteering to work to support what is going on.
My respect to the Ebola team . That ambulances belongs to LASG .
Spread the message of personal hygiene !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by sartorius(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nnpc clinic vi, d patient had visited first consultant obalende about same time
Patrick Sawyer died.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Well Im not surprised. is this not the same ambulance that is used to convey accident victims and all? LASG is still causing reinfection by using these vehicles.....

Atleast they should know
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Proffdada: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
even Ebola don catch cnn maps

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by morefire: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nonybb: You People are now confusing Nigerians about this Ebola thing. MMA is far from Victoria Island, and how could such virus got there so soon? Any sickness that kills people are now Ebola, be it Tuberculosis, cancer, Skin rashes, name it. Assuming Patrick Sawyer wasnt in Nigeria until Today, and this corpse arrived some few hours ago, could you had said it was Ebola. Ebola is the most misconstrued disease now. What killed that man might not be Ebola but some other sickness, and even the cloths put on by those that took him with that van isnt enough prove. I was around when Tuberculosis was ravaging people. That one got solved medically. Malaria used to kill People until Artemeter-Lumefetrin came in to remedy the scourge. HIV was killing too until it was tamed and I survived and never got infected. Today people give Testimonies in churches for Missing Ebola to HIV. I shall survived this Ebola thing too.

Ebola cant kill me but this your english can..... ahan lmfao
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by ResourceMan(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
Op
see as u take d picture from 1000 km's. Na so u fear reach. Abeg next time go closer snap beta picture jare.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by maasoap(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
lomaxx: Has the patient been confirmed as having Ebola virus disease?

We don't diagnose disease with ambulance, clothing and photos.
Stop living in denial my friend. When was the last time you saw people, health workers in this kind of dress in Naija?

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Don't assume every time health personnel come to carry anyone outta the house with full kits on to mean the patient is ebolarised.

It has become norm now for preventive measures
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by MegMich(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Naija and their cherished lives! The most religious country on earth yet sweating profusely because of Ebola. MTN, ETISALaT,GLO and Airtel must have made a lot of money today becos of the salt drinking false alarm!! Nigeria, where things no matter how small is hyped so far its got to do with LIFE.
False alarm and scampering to be the first to report an outbreak will do us no good. We need to relax and report to the right authorities!!!
Ebola is not air borne, it is can't be cured for now but if ur immune system is strong you can withstand the acute phase of attack and survive. @ least you can do something now and @least occupy ur mind with strengthening your immune system---eat right, keep clean and be free of unnecessary stress like 2days.
Remain blessed!

I rep naija!
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by F117A: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
That place is not Nigeria.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by ibdeals1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
na wa o embarassed
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by coachwilcox(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
The US Department of Defense (DoD) funded an Ebola trial on humans which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone, it has emerged.

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials/tekmira-doses-first-subject-human-clinical-trial-tkm-ebola-16415.html

The DoD gave a contract worth $140 million dollars to Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company, to conduct Ebola research, which apparently involved injecting and infusing healthy humans with the deadly Ebola virus
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Seaen(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
naija and pics ehn...see d man on grey suit sef..
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by makkitush: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nonybb: You People are now confusing Nigerians about this Ebola thing. MMA is far from Victoria Island, and how could such virus got there so soon? Any sickness that kills people are now Ebola, be it Tuberculosis, cancer, Skin rashes, name it. Assuming Patrick Sawyer wasnt in Nigeria until Today, and this corpse arrived some few hours ago, could you had said it was Ebola. Ebola is the most misconstrued disease now. What killed that man might not be Ebola but some other sickness, and even the cloths put on by those that took him with that van isnt enough prove. I was around when Tuberculosis was ravaging people. That one got solved medically. Malaria used to kill People until Artemeter-Lumefetrin came in to remedy the scourge. HIV was killing too until it was tamed and I survived and never got infected. Today people give Testimonies in churches for Missing Ebola to HIV. I shall survive this Ebola thing too.
AMEN,but not only u ooh.even i, infact we will survive ebola.very soon ebola will be a thing of the past.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Osarieme415(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
I have never been more afraid in my entire life
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by chamboy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
yomexp: somebody please tell Jonathan to close the land borders now before its too late...

and to think that they had since february to prepare and prevent the spread of this virus but no, they waited till it came to our shores
jona is busy ordering soldiers to control election
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by babadem2much(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Na wah! I thought i will see some1 vomiting blood or blood coming out of his body, they are showing me as man wit jalabia standing close 2 an AMBULANCE. stop confusing people wit dis ur Ebola kind of swagg, what pains me most is my last mb i wasted
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Op, can u confirm that the hospital is nnpc clinic in vi. Just got this message
"NNPC clinic in VICTORIA ISLAND, Lagos has been closed because of Ebola case"
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
chamboy: jona is busy ordering soldiers to control election
what does Ebola have to do with soldiers or election?
Where were u when Hausa fulani marabouts killed corpers and burnt corpers lodges in the north during the last election
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
wow.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by 190theclown: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Tizak: @op this is bullish!t.

It is very clear that this isn't Nigeria. The road for empty one time as soon as people see those biohazard suits.

Imagine peeps still walking on d street and an unprotected security guard helping the ambulance to manoeuvre into d compound. undecided

Make una talk true if ambulance land for una street and guys in biohazard suits come out, how many seconds d street go take empty? Even guy wey dey staff im babe inside room go run naked leave am for there. grin grin

Tell us another story jorr angry angry

[size=48pt]I CANT BREATHE grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by chamboy(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
meforyou1: what does Ebola have to do with soldiers or election?
Where were u when Hausa fulani marabouts killed corpers and burnt corpers lodges in the north during the last election
Fg should block some places now to reduce d spread of d virus
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by sirjohnson(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nonybb: You People are now confusing Nigerians about this Ebola thing. MMA is far from Victoria Island, and how could such virus got there so soon? Any sickness that kills people are now Ebola, be it Tuberculosis, cancer, Skin rashes, name it. Assuming Patrick Sawyer wasnt in Nigeria until Today, and this corpse arrived some few hours ago, could you had said it was Ebola. Ebola is the most misconstrued disease now. What killed that man might not be Ebola but some other sickness, and even the cloths put on by those that took him with that van isnt enough prove. I was around when Tuberculosis was ravaging people. That one got solved medically. Malaria used to kill People until Artemeter-Lumefetrin came in to remedy the scourge. HIV was killing too until it was tamed and I survived and never got infected. Today people give Testimonies in churches for Missing Ebola to HIV. I shall survive this Ebola thing too.

Walahi, you get brain die
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
sartorius: Nnpc clinic vi, d patient had visited first consultant obalende about same time
Patrick Sawyer died.
omg
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by anytaij: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
Toks2008: Don't assume every time health personnel come to carry anyone outta the house with full kits on to mean the patient is ebolarised.

It has become norm now for preventive measures
Omo c Oyinbo grin grin Ebolarised dis ebola thing just dey bring diff. Kind of English wen no deu dictionary. Chineke me eziokwu.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
kai! because medical personnels are wearing protective suits then its automatically an Ebola victim involved!! shocked whatever happened to taking preventive measures huh?! they're just been careful that's wat I think.

diarra94: so this is the famed victoria island, some buildings are on the verge of collapsing. i will not be surprised if ebola spreads like a wildfire in such an environment.
because he snapped the front of an hospital from a corner of his house, you've seen the whole of v.i? Bro if you cruise round V.I, o ni duro oooo.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by slap1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
redcliff:

Cant tou see that the ambulance guys are well kitted up? What else are you looking for?
Some people don't reason deductively. Maybe he wants to see a picture of the virus dressed in jeans and shirt with an eyeglass.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) by millhouse: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
no be lie o

Lexusgs430: That picture of the hospital, does not look like a unit capable of isolating the virus. I pity all inpatients @ that facility, staffs, walking close - by and those living close - by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: The 1,000 Bed Emergency Hospital Built In 8 Days In China (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.